Skip to content

Freeman just got cut

The Browns Board
75 29 2.9k
  • Maybe he'll head over to Jacksonville.

  • I doubt if he is too worried where he goes. he is still getting paid by the bucs for doing nothing. it's not like he needs to money right away to keep the lights on back at the condo.. he'll get his posse together and start in on a drug fueled orgy of sex, lobster and prime rib. wish I was invited.

  • Freeman will land somewhere. Maybe Jacksonville, maybe Minnesota, maybe even Oakland.

    He'll be a starter before the year is over.

  • Freeman is the white man's Ben Roethlisberger? Isn't Ben Roethlisberger the white man's Ben Roethlisberger?

  • Freeman is the white man's Ben Roethlisberger? Isn't Ben Roethlisberger the white man's Ben Roethlisberger?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Freeman is the white man's Ben Roethlisberger? Isn't Ben Roethlisberger the white man's Ben Roethlisberger?

    Yeah I don't understand that one.

  • I'm confused. What do Bridgewater (6'2", very mobile) and Freeman (6'6" statue) have in common? Aside from one of them is black and the other is Mestiza? They both have big time arms but Bridgewater is WAY more accurate and has excellent pocket awareness.

    One went in the 20s... the other will go #1 overall. They are NOT equals.

  • I'd be sure to talk to the young man...

  • I think we have to look at him now. I don't think wheezy is the answer.

  • I think we have to look at him now. I don't think wheezy is the answer.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I think we have to look at him now. I don't think wheezy is the answer.

    No way Weeden's the answer...Hoyer made him look like dog shit the last couple of weeks.

  • Give him a one year contract and give it a go if Hoyer out for season.

  • Give him a one year contract and give it a go if Hoyer out for season.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Give him a one year contract and give it a go if Hoyer out for season.

    Absolutely, if Hoyer is done for the year, Freeman is a better alternative than We-don't.

  • i don't know what is going on, but i think ANY move after the TR trade would just cause chaos within the ranks and lead to a lost season, whereas right now these guys feel invincible.

    not saying freeman wouldn't be a good sign BUT if you were a player (as seen tonite.....the OLine let weeden get whacked while stepping aside a full-out blitz) how much loyalty do you have to throw around? i mean, i get it. you're a pro. do you're job.

    but lot's of times things are done by personal feelings and sentiment.

  • Let's stop picking up other peoples trash !

  • i can't believe that when everything looks like we are on the edge of going over the top and actually moving forward at full throttle, that our homeboy QB is injured and might be out for the season.

    which leads me to ask this: do you now (seeing as how he is hurt) cut ties with hoyer and sign someone like freeman, have weeden start until he blows, throw freeman in until he blows and just go all in on the ugliest most over-inflated QB draft in the last decade?

    if you are joe banner right now this morning and you realize hoyer's knees are blown out.......WHAT WOULD U DO??

  • i can't believe that when everything looks like we are on the edge of going over the top and actually moving forward at full throttle, that our homeboy QB is injured and might be out for the season.

    which leads me to ask this: do you now (seeing as how he is hurt) cut ties with hoyer and sign someone like freeman, have weeden start until he blows, throw freeman in until he blows and just go all in on the ugliest most over-inflated QB draft in the last decade?

    if you are joe banner right now this morning and you realize hoyer's knees are blown out.......WHAT WOULD U DO??

    @miktoxic said:

    i can't believe that when everything looks like we are on the edge of going over the top and actually moving forward at full throttle, that our homeboy QB is injured and might be out for the season.

    which leads me to ask this: do you now (seeing as how he is hurt) cut ties with hoyer and sign someone like freeman, have weeden start until he blows, throw freeman in until he blows and just go all in on the ugliest most over-inflated QB draft in the last decade?

    if you are joe banner right now this morning and you realize hoyer's knees are blown out.......WHAT WOULD U DO??

    Assuming Hoyer's out for the season - because this could all change otherwise - I'd give him someone to compete with for the starting job, and pick up a third low round QB. I don't think that the competitor will be Weeden or Campbell, though.

    Hopefully, though, Hoyer gets back some time in the year and gets another chance.

  • Give him a one year contract and give it a go if Hoyer out for season.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Give him a one year contract and give it a go if Hoyer out for season.

    Please, please change that avatar.

    @miktoxic said:

    i don't know what is going on, but i think ANY move after the TR trade would just cause chaos within the ranks and lead to a lost season, whereas right now these guys feel invincible.

    not saying freeman wouldn't be a good sign BUT if you were a player (as seen tonite.....the OLine let weeden get whacked while stepping aside a full-out blitz) how much loyalty do you have to throw around? i mean, i get it. you're a pro. do you're job.

    but lot's of times things are done by personal feelings and sentiment.

    Not sure if the o-line can't stand him, (they're playing for their jobs too) but fans have said when Weeden gets sacked, no one picks him up. It's obvious Mik- Brandon doesn't have the reaction time to be a top level qb.

  • I'd be just as concerned about picking up a running back as another QB.

  • I'd be just as concerned about picking up a running back as another QB.

    @mohican said:

    I'd be just as concerned about picking up a running back as another QB.

    We got about 90 yards on the ground, out of about 290 total. Not great numbers, but we don't *need* an awful lot more than that - another 20 yards and we'd be saying the position is sorted. I'd leave it for now, unless someone worthwhile becomes available, and address it in the offseason.

  • We could use Freeman as a backup, he has the talent necessary to get some Ws, but he won't sign a one-year contract to come in as a backup and possible starter after a few weeks of practice, only to be dropped at the end of the year.

    He's looking to go somewhere where he can compete to be the starter long-term, and I don't think he'll want to compete with Weeden, Hoyer, and probably an incoming 1st round pick next season...

  • I'd be willing to bet they'll be making phone calls as soon as they know Hoyer's status. Someone will be brought in and Freeman may be one of the options. May be back up, but I don't think that will be the goal if they're looking for a QB.