Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. rey highlights

rey highlights

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
52 Posts 11 Posters 3.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Solon16 S
    • 2k Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by Solon16
    #1

    Nice interview with Ken Norton and explains some off-the-filed issues...for anyone whose lost a DAD at 18

    Knorton

    </a> MY FAV....So Explosive...Let see rothlisberger see this twice a year,Palmer and flacco too for that matter

    More to come...I know rudy carpenter will never forget him

    watch the explosion

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Solon16 S
      • 2k Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      If anyone out there that likes big hits...check this compilation out.....very much worth the watch...i remember a couple of these

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Solon16 S
        • 2k Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Nobody liked the compilation of big hits??? then forget about me digging this shit up again.... Who likes Rey? CHIME IN HERE!

        FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • PlaygroundLegend PlaygroundLegendP
          • 927 Posts
          • 4 Reputation
          PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
          #4

          U kidding? I love Rey!!! He's our next superstar, I think this hasnt gotten much response due to my numerous postings of Rey Maualuga videos

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • PBJ P
            • 378 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            P PBJ wrote on last edited by
            #5

            They are just highlights. Everyone looks like a future hall of famer in highlight videos.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Solon16 S
              • 2k Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              S Solon16 wrote on last edited by Solon16
              #6

              I am beginning to believe the hair is the reason Browns fans don't want rey....I just don't get it....40 years of futility at MLB with the opportunity to get a difference maker at MLB.....but it's too high to pick him??? ....what a load of crap...we do not have the luxury of picking him at 12. picks 5~12 are pretty equal in value IN THIS DRAFT! bite the bullet

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Masters ?
                • Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                #7

                It's not a fact that Rey will be difference maker MLB in the NFL. When there are questions of whether he was even the best LB on his team, it's a big risk to draft Rey at #5. Especially when most scouts are even questioning if he is a 3 down LB.

                FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Masters ?
                  • Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @solon16 said:

                  Plug him in and he;'ll be a 10 year starter. I got it you don't want rey...do you have to come to my thread and tell me again for the zillionth time?

                  I'm sorry, when did any thread on a board owned by someone else become yours? Especially after you were just crying in the thread that no one was posting in it. Maybe my response isn't just for you to read in the thread. There is this thing called other posters.

                  You know my position, but yet you still have to reply to my post? You have how many posts and threads about Rey, and you want to say to me "I get it you don't want Rey"? For christ sake, I could say to you "I get it, you want Rey, do you have to tell me and everyone else for the zillionth time". Pot, the kettle is now on line 2 for you.

                  I certainly agree with you that he'll likely be a 10 year starter in the NFL. It's his level of impact on the game every Sunday that I question.

                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ? Guest

                    @solon16 said:

                    Plug him in and he;'ll be a 10 year starter. I got it you don't want rey...do you have to come to my thread and tell me again for the zillionth time?

                    I'm sorry, when did any thread on a board owned by someone else become yours? Especially after you were just crying in the thread that no one was posting in it. Maybe my response isn't just for you to read in the thread. There is this thing called other posters.

                    You know my position, but yet you still have to reply to my post? You have how many posts and threads about Rey, and you want to say to me "I get it you don't want Rey"? For christ sake, I could say to you "I get it, you want Rey, do you have to tell me and everyone else for the zillionth time". Pot, the kettle is now on line 2 for you.

                    I certainly agree with you that he'll likely be a 10 year starter in the NFL. It's his level of impact on the game every Sunday that I question.

                    Solon16 S
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Masters said:

                    I'm sorry, when did any thread on a board owned by someone else become yours? Especially after you were just crying in the thread that no one was posting in it. Maybe my response isn't just for you to read in the thread. There is this thing called other posters.

                    You know my position, but yet you still have to reply to my post? You have how many posts and threads about Rey, and you want to say to me "I get it you don't want Rey"? For christ sake, I could say to you "I get it, you want Rey, do you have to tell me and everyone else for the zillionth time". Pot, the kettle is now on line 2 for you.

                    I certainly agree with you that he'll likely be a 10 year starter in the NFL. It's his level of impact on the game every Sunday that I question.

                    I really absolutely knew you'd say that....absolutely

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • choco chocoC
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 352 Reputation
                      chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      sounds like you have a bigger hard-on for rey than QBF10 had for quinn......

                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • chocoC choco

                        sounds like you have a bigger hard-on for rey than QBF10 had for quinn......

                        Solon16 S
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @choco said:

                        sounds like you have a bigger hard-on for rey than QBF10 had for quinn......

                        Not really...I would like curry...but I don't think he'll be there....personally think we'll take Orakpo, that is right now.

                        Y 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Solon16 S
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          S Solon16 wrote on last edited by Solon16
                          #12

                          MY FAV....So Explosive...Let see rothlisberger see this twice a year,Palmer and flacco too for that matter

                          This is Juice Williams who is a Tad more mobile than Palmer,Flacco and Roth. Rose Bowl+ Rey had three sacks,1 ff and a pick. how's that for playing big in a big game.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Solon16 S
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            S Solon16 wrote on last edited by Solon16
                            #13

                            This shit gets me psych'ed for football.......

                            Two nice Browns hits...also love the little leaguer hit!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • S Solon16

                              Nobody liked the compilation of big hits??? then forget about me digging this shit up again.... Who likes Rey? CHIME IN HERE!

                              Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 11k Posts
                              • 6k Reputation
                              FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @solon16 said:

                              Nobody liked the compilation of big hits??? then forget about me digging this shit up again.... Who likes Rey? CHIME IN HERE!

                              Thanks for the goodies Solon - I adored the highlights of him. I really enjoyed the interviews with Ken Norton Jr and even listening to Rey talk.

                              I think I said it on another thread but I'd almost like us to explore hiring a LBers Coach like Ken Norton Jr that seems to get alot out of Rey. I think we could even consider hiring Willie McGinest as a LBers Coach if he's hanging up the cleats.

                              Rey & Curry are my ONLY top 5 choices on defense.

                              On offense I like Harvin.

                              - Tom F.

                              I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Solon16 S
                                • 2k Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                To be honest with you...there isn't a guy at #5 in this whole draft I think is worthy of #5 money other than Crabtree. That being said... any of the guys at #5 could easily be no higher than a #12 in Drafts past. No Value at #5, so why not Rey! I think Curry and Crab are gone but if not they are the choice. Orakpo is intriguing tho....I'm from Austin and have seen more of him than just about anyone here.....He's a beast but my concern is where does he go in the big games?

                                FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • S Solon16

                                  To be honest with you...there isn't a guy at #5 in this whole draft I think is worthy of #5 money other than Crabtree. That being said... any of the guys at #5 could easily be no higher than a #12 in Drafts past. No Value at #5, so why not Rey! I think Curry and Crab are gone but if not they are the choice. Orakpo is intriguing tho....I'm from Austin and have seen more of him than just about anyone here.....He's a beast but my concern is where does he go in the big games?

                                  Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 11k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @solon16 said:

                                  To be honest with you...there isn't a guy at #5 in this whole draft I think is worthy of #5 money other than Crabtree. That being said... any of the guys at #5 could easily be no higher than a #12 in Drafts past. No Value at #5, so why not Rey! I think Curry and Crab are gone but if not they are the choice. Orakpo is intriguing tho....I'm from Austin and have seen more of him than just about anyone here.....He's a beast but my concern is where does he go in the big games?

                                  I think you hit the nail on the head about Orakpo in the big games. He reminds me of Gholston who had Orakpophobio in big games too. Unfortunately for Gholston the stagefright followed him to the big city.

                                  Crabtree was alot of fun to watch last year. Skip Bayless says he disappears when they play great opponents. He must have missed the Texas game because Crabtree had to haul in an underthrown pass and then break a tackle to score as the seconds expired.

                                  From now until draft day you're gonna read stories like: "Adrian Peterson is a risk. One scout says his shoulder will fall out of the socket if he doesn't have season ending surgery before training camp." Remember that? Do you know why that stuff gets out there? Because teams sitting outside the top 5-10 want players to fall to them. Think about how happy Don Shula was to hear Dan Marino was more interested in cocaine than football. He did his research and got a Hall of Fame QB.

                                  If you asked the masses pre-draft is Ray Lewis a top 5 prospect - guess what you'd hear? "No, you're better off waiting until mid-late first round." He went 26th overall. Thurman Thomas was round 2 behind what the majority of scouts considered better RBs named Sammy Smith and Tim Worley. Our 51-0 holiday in Pittsburgh on opening day gave me fond memories of a RB that couldn't hold onto the football. Sammy Smith was an enormous bust. Then, in other years you get guys like Terrell Davis and Jamal Anderson in round 6. in hindsight, they were better than alot of top 5 picks we've seen. Last year you should have heard the local radio call in shows in Nashville when they drafted Chris Johnson in round 1. Everyone thought they reached and many were pissed they didn't go WR. CJ brought the speed that offense desperately needed and that opened up more optiions for the offense.

                                  Bottom line: you have to have GOOD talent evaluators that are willing to research character, work ethic and LOVE of football. Courtney Brown was a GREAT kid but I never got the impression he LOVED football or wanted to kick anyone's tail. Gerrard Warren was the first player I've seen retire from football before he played his first down. Big Money was All donesy!

                                  When I resided in Upstate, NY during the 80s - people either liked the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, or NY Giants. Don't get me wrong, the Steeler fans could be found wearing their 49ers jackets at the time. Anyway, Buffalo was drafting all these no-name kids from no-name schools. Pete Metzlaars played basketball at Wabash State. Don Beebe played WR for Chadron State. Andre Reed played WR for Kutztown State (Division II/III). Mark Kelso went to William and Mary. Steve Tasker played for Northwestern. Will Wohlford went to Vanderbilt. House Ballard from Alabama A&M, Leon Seals from Jackson State, Phil Hanson from North Dakota State Jeff Wright from Central Missouri State. All these guys freakin started or rotated in with starters. The big name glamour picks in round 1 also happened with: Cornelius Bennett (via trade), Shane Conlin, Bruce Smith, and Jim Kelly. But it's all those gems they got from round 2 through the late rounds that made it possible for their stars to shine. That was a team from top to bottom. If Crabtree comes close to the career Andre Reed had - you'd have to say that was a pretty freakin steller top 5 pick.

                                  Again, it's all about having the RIGHT people up at the top researching the personnel choices. Who REALLY knows if someone is a reach or a steal? In hindsight, Tom Brady would have made a terrific #1 overall pick. If I said that the day before he was drafted you would have thought I was another Loverboy going mancrush on a QB.

                                  - Tom F.

                                  I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Solon16 S
                                    • 2k Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    I tried to make the same point about Polamalu...he lasted until #16 overall and had almost the Identical (weakness's as Rey) tight hips,over-pursuit, out of position, not a great cover guy....yet he was a head -hunter and went balls out....I know they play different positions but looking back he would be one hell of a top 5 pick. at the time if he was picked #5 people would have screamed and yelled REACH!!!

                                    ? 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • S Solon16

                                      I tried to make the same point about Polamalu...he lasted until #16 overall and had almost the Identical (weakness's as Rey) tight hips,over-pursuit, out of position, not a great cover guy....yet he was a head -hunter and went balls out....I know they play different positions but looking back he would be one hell of a top 5 pick. at the time if he was picked #5 people would have screamed and yelled REACH!!!

                                      Masters ?
                                      • Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @solon16 said:

                                      I tried to make the same point about Polamalu...he lasted until #16 overall and had almost the Identical (weakness's as Rey) tight hips,over-pursuit, out of position, not a great cover guy....yet he was a head -hunter and went balls out....I know they play different positions but looking back he would be one hell of a top 5 pick. at the time if he was picked #5 people would have screamed and yelled REACH!!!

                                      Saftey vs. ILB. Apples and Bananas when talking about that weakness.

                                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • S Solon16

                                        @choco said:

                                        sounds like you have a bigger hard-on for rey than QBF10 had for quinn......

                                        Not really...I would like curry...but I don't think he'll be there....personally think we'll take Orakpo, that is right now.

                                        YtownBrownsBacker Y
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @solon16 said:

                                        Not really...I would like curry...but I don't think he'll be there....personally think we'll take Orakpo, that is right now.

                                        Do you think Orakpo would make a better pass rushing OLB in our system then Everette Brown or Maybin?

                                        S 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Y YtownBrownsBacker

                                          @solon16 said:

                                          Not really...I would like curry...but I don't think he'll be there....personally think we'll take Orakpo, that is right now.

                                          Do you think Orakpo would make a better pass rushing OLB in our system then Everette Brown or Maybin?

                                          Solon16 S
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @ytownbrownsbacker said:

                                          Do you think Orakpo would make a better pass rushing OLB in our system then Everette Brown or Maybin?

                                          OLB ? yes ...Pass rusher Yes! Show up against pittsburgh? not so much

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate