Skip to content

rey highlights

The Browns Board
52 11 3.2k
  • @solon16 said:

    I like Curry too Mostly from his play but the amazing insight I have gained about him in the Butkisaward.com interview....they interviewed everyone in his circle of friends and family and coaches...etc....This dude has that three Intangibles you can't coach, teach or learn ....WILL. He wants to be the best ever to play....DRIVE.....GYM RAT, FILM RAT and HEART....those three aren't on any highlight reel or seen readily.

    Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on the site.

    Aloysius said:

    Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on the site.

    I found it on the Butkusaward.com site but it isn't there anymore...?! I'll continue to search for that interview

  • Still can't find Curry interview...getting pist

  • peace!!!

  • joe montana was valued as a 3rd rounder......@ #5 would you take him number 1 if you had hindsight on "VALUE"? Tom Brady? what about Ray Lewis? troy polomalu? Dan Marino? Junior seau?

  • Knorton

    Interview with Ken Norton...say Rey is way better than I was

    Just watched interview with Mike Singletary on NFL network... says Patrick willis will be way better than he is and one of a kind MLB.

    My prediction SF ( if they get there Qb situation solidified) will be in playoffs next year under Singletary..

  • Here's another Maualuga highlight reel:

    Aloysius said:

    Here's another Maualuga highlight reel:

    That is just plain ugly.

    After watching that, Laurenaitis looks like a better athlete. He's looks more fluid than Rey

  • joe montana was valued as a 3rd rounder......@ #5 would you take him number 1 if you had hindsight on "VALUE"? Tom Brady? what about Ray Lewis? troy polomalu? Dan Marino? Junior seau?

    @solon16 said:

    joe montana was valued as a 3rd rounder......@ #5 would you take him number 1 if you had hindsight on "VALUE"? Tom Brady? what about Ray Lewis? troy polomalu? Dan Marino? Junior seau?

    Ever think that to some of these guys getting drafted lower than what they felt the should have gone at may have put the chip on their shoulder and drove them to be better than if they had been that higher pick?

  • @solon16 said:

    joe montana was valued as a 3rd rounder......@ #5 would you take him number 1 if you had hindsight on "VALUE"? Tom Brady? what about Ray Lewis? troy polomalu? Dan Marino? Junior seau?

    Ever think that to some of these guys getting drafted lower than what they felt the should have gone at may have put the chip on their shoulder and drove them to be better than if they had been that higher pick?

    @tobalaz said:

    Ever think that to some of these guys getting drafted lower than what they felt the should have gone at may have put the chip on their shoulder and drove them to be better than if they had been that higher pick?

    WELL said Tobalaz! Remember how many RBs were drafted ahead of Thurman Thomas and Ernest Byner?

    The year we selected Gerrard Warren, somebody else got a pretty freakin MOTIVATED LaDanian Tomlinson a couple slots later. And wasn't Deuce mcAlister out to prove he was better than 26th overall? One guy felt he ALREADY proved himself before the rookie signign bonus while the other guy was PISSED he didn't have the same signing bonus. I've always felt there's somethign about a guy that WANTS to prove himself.

    Don't take this the WRONG way because I LIKE Michael Crabtree and think he CAN have a positive future. I really think if he goes to the best FIT - he'll be REAL good. What's to say Charles Rogers (arguably the consensus at the time) wouldn't have turned out better in a much better environment? Haven't we seen 2 different extremes of Braylon Edwards when the environment was conducive for success and when it was conducive for yuck? Going WR early NEVER helped the Detroit Lions. Troy Williamson was supposed to be the missing ingredient in Minnesota and that never materialized.

    On the OTHER hand, Tory Holt went to a team that already had a Marshall Faulk capable of a 1000 yards receiving and rushing (4.2 speed opens that door), Ike Bruce (FINALLY healthy), Ricky Proehl and Az Hakim. PERFECT environment where he got matchup Heaven. Come to think of it, Warner never thought that environment sucked either. Reggie Wayne walked into a VERY similar environment with Marvin Harrison as did Anthony Gonzales a little later. Environment is everything as is chemistry. If we went WR rather get the speed that stretches a D and changes the way our OC can play chess. Crabtree is very similar to Edwards so I'm not sold he is ideal chemistry. This isn't the Big 12 - they play defense in the AFC North.

    I remember PeeWee Warrick got ALOT more predraft love than Lavey Coles. Who's the BETTER pro? The guy with something to prove right? Hakeem Nicks falls into this category as do some other guys getting less predraft love.

    There's some cities like Chicago that fell for a David Terrell in round 1 and he wasn't worth ball sweat folks. Crabtree would be GREAT for a team like the Buffalo Bills already equipped with Lee Evans as their deep threat. This is just a hunch, but if Crabtree didn't feel compelled to HIDE a forty time - he'd be running in Indy. That hints to me he's gonna be a possession/go-to type of guy with many teams that NEED that. Looking at our 2007 crew we don't need this MORE than a guy that can turn a 8 yard slant into a 70 yard TD sprint after the catch. We're NOT beating zone blitzes with speed and our 1960s running game isn't beating the zone blitz schemes either so I'll swim against the current and hope we pass on Crabtree.

    - Tom F. (If we DRAFT Crabtree, that'll be because we have plans of trading either Edwards OR Winslow. In that scenario - I would see him as a better fit than I do right now. It might also mean more draft picks for us)

  • @tobalaz said:

    Ever think that to some of these guys getting drafted lower than what they felt the should have gone at may have put the chip on their shoulder and drove them to be better than if they had been that higher pick?

    WELL said Tobalaz! Remember how many RBs were drafted ahead of Thurman Thomas and Ernest Byner?

    The year we selected Gerrard Warren, somebody else got a pretty freakin MOTIVATED LaDanian Tomlinson a couple slots later. And wasn't Deuce mcAlister out to prove he was better than 26th overall? One guy felt he ALREADY proved himself before the rookie signign bonus while the other guy was PISSED he didn't have the same signing bonus. I've always felt there's somethign about a guy that WANTS to prove himself.

    Don't take this the WRONG way because I LIKE Michael Crabtree and think he CAN have a positive future. I really think if he goes to the best FIT - he'll be REAL good. What's to say Charles Rogers (arguably the consensus at the time) wouldn't have turned out better in a much better environment? Haven't we seen 2 different extremes of Braylon Edwards when the environment was conducive for success and when it was conducive for yuck? Going WR early NEVER helped the Detroit Lions. Troy Williamson was supposed to be the missing ingredient in Minnesota and that never materialized.

    On the OTHER hand, Tory Holt went to a team that already had a Marshall Faulk capable of a 1000 yards receiving and rushing (4.2 speed opens that door), Ike Bruce (FINALLY healthy), Ricky Proehl and Az Hakim. PERFECT environment where he got matchup Heaven. Come to think of it, Warner never thought that environment sucked either. Reggie Wayne walked into a VERY similar environment with Marvin Harrison as did Anthony Gonzales a little later. Environment is everything as is chemistry. If we went WR rather get the speed that stretches a D and changes the way our OC can play chess. Crabtree is very similar to Edwards so I'm not sold he is ideal chemistry. This isn't the Big 12 - they play defense in the AFC North.

    I remember PeeWee Warrick got ALOT more predraft love than Lavey Coles. Who's the BETTER pro? The guy with something to prove right? Hakeem Nicks falls into this category as do some other guys getting less predraft love.

    There's some cities like Chicago that fell for a David Terrell in round 1 and he wasn't worth ball sweat folks. Crabtree would be GREAT for a team like the Buffalo Bills already equipped with Lee Evans as their deep threat. This is just a hunch, but if Crabtree didn't feel compelled to HIDE a forty time - he'd be running in Indy. That hints to me he's gonna be a possession/go-to type of guy with many teams that NEED that. Looking at our 2007 crew we don't need this MORE than a guy that can turn a 8 yard slant into a 70 yard TD sprint after the catch. We're NOT beating zone blitzes with speed and our 1960s running game isn't beating the zone blitz schemes either so I'll swim against the current and hope we pass on Crabtree.

    - Tom F. (If we DRAFT Crabtree, that'll be because we have plans of trading either Edwards OR Winslow. In that scenario - I would see him as a better fit than I do right now. It might also mean more draft picks for us)

    @flugel said:

    - Tom F. (If we DRAFT Crabtree, that'll be because we have plans of trading either Edwards OR Winslow. In that scenario - I would see him as a better fit than I do right now. It might also mean more draft picks for us)

    Why would drafting a WR effect or cause the Browns to plan to trade a TE?

  • @flugel said:

    - Tom F. (If we DRAFT Crabtree, that'll be because we have plans of trading either Edwards OR Winslow. In that scenario - I would see him as a better fit than I do right now. It might also mean more draft picks for us)

    Why would drafting a WR effect or cause the Browns to plan to trade a TE?

    oldcow1945 said:

    Why would drafting a WR effect or cause the Browns to plan to trade a TE?

    Because we don't play Winslow LIKE a traditional TE. We play him more like a slot receiver except he gets in a 3 point stance and stays close to the OT. That said, we don't count on him to block unless he's downfield with DBs on his radar.

    Think about it when do you see Winslow ever setting the edge on a sweep? Never, because he can't especially after 3-4 knee surgeries and a couple lingering staph infections. When we want to set the edge with a TE blocking - you'll see us going with Heiden to accomplish that because he can.

    - Tom F.

  • oldcow1945 said:

    Why would drafting a WR effect or cause the Browns to plan to trade a TE?

    Because we don't play Winslow LIKE a traditional TE. We play him more like a slot receiver except he gets in a 3 point stance and stays close to the OT. That said, we don't count on him to block unless he's downfield with DBs on his radar.

    Think about it when do you see Winslow ever setting the edge on a sweep? Never, because he can't especially after 3-4 knee surgeries and a couple lingering staph infections. When we want to set the edge with a TE blocking - you'll see us going with Heiden to accomplish that because he can.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    Because we don't play Winslow LIKE a traditional TE. We play him more like a slot receiver except he gets in a 3 point stance and stays close to the OT. That said, we don't count on him to block unless he's downfield with DBs on his radar.

    Think about it when do you see Winslow ever setting the edge on a sweep? Never, because he can't especially after 3-4 knee surgeries and a couple lingering staph infections. When we want to set the edge with a TE blocking - you'll see us going with Heiden to accomplish that because he can.

    - Tom F.

    Playing like a slot receiver except for getting in a three point stance and lining close to the OT is the exact definition of a TE.

    I'm not sure of your point.

    The Cleveland Browns ran a sweep? All year I remember one actual 'sweep' with Jerome Harrison.

    While Winslow may be more athletic and less of a blocker than many Tight Ends, the Browns use him in a very traditional role for that position. On occasion he may come out for a short yardage play, but for the most part he has been very involved in the run game as well.

    Either way, trading Winslow would have zero impact on the drafting of a wide receiver. No matter how you use that tight end. They are two different postions.

    If you Bring crabtree in, why would trading Winslow be something the Browns would do as resut of that pick? That simply doesn't make sense.

  • @flugel said:

    Because we don't play Winslow LIKE a traditional TE. We play him more like a slot receiver except he gets in a 3 point stance and stays close to the OT. That said, we don't count on him to block unless he's downfield with DBs on his radar.

    Think about it when do you see Winslow ever setting the edge on a sweep? Never, because he can't especially after 3-4 knee surgeries and a couple lingering staph infections. When we want to set the edge with a TE blocking - you'll see us going with Heiden to accomplish that because he can.

    - Tom F.

    Playing like a slot receiver except for getting in a three point stance and lining close to the OT is the exact definition of a TE.

    I'm not sure of your point.

    The Cleveland Browns ran a sweep? All year I remember one actual 'sweep' with Jerome Harrison.

    While Winslow may be more athletic and less of a blocker than many Tight Ends, the Browns use him in a very traditional role for that position. On occasion he may come out for a short yardage play, but for the most part he has been very involved in the run game as well.

    Either way, trading Winslow would have zero impact on the drafting of a wide receiver. No matter how you use that tight end. They are two different postions.

    If you Bring crabtree in, why would trading Winslow be something the Browns would do as resut of that pick? That simply doesn't make sense.

    oldcow1945 said:

    Playing like a slot receiver except for getting in a three point stance and lining close to the OT is the exact definition of a TE.

    I'm not sure of your point.

    The Cleveland Browns ran a sweep? All year I remember one actual 'sweep' with Jerome Harrison.

    While Winslow may be more athletic and less of a blocker than many Tight Ends, the Browns use him in a very traditional role for that position. On occasion he may come out for a short yardage play, but for the most part he has been very involved in the run game as well.

    Either way, trading Winslow would have zero impact on the drafting of a wide receiver. No matter how you use that tight end. They are two different postions.

    If you Bring crabtree in, why would trading Winslow be something the Browns would do as resut of that pick? That simply doesn't make sense.

    LESS FILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you don't think I'm picking on you today because I enjoy your coversations and appreciate your knowledge. I thought I clarified this but I guess I did a ratty job. Let me try again.

    IMO, a REAL traditional TE is asked the seal the edge for sweeps OR take on a DE all by himself if we want to go off tackle and that is not what has been asked of Winslow here. Hence, he comes out and Heiden goes in when we want the well rounded TRADITIONAL TE like Bavaro was or Heath Miller is. IMO, we're LESS predictable when Heiden plays TE. I thought the game against the NY Giants that Winslow MISSED reflects that statement pretty good instead of us adverstising we're putting the guy that can't block DEs on the field now so guess where we aren't running? And WHY we aren't running? In other words, THIS might be a GOOD TIME to blitz us because Winslow is in and that means pass more often than run. I think the Giants found the same difference when they went from a 1 dimensional Shockey (whom Winslow patterns his play after) to a more versatile TE with better blocking skills. Shockey didn't take the Saints to another level - instead people asked what was missing. Meanwhile NY won their first SB since Shockey arrived (without him) and they defended it with 2 different RBs attaining over 1000 yards rushing. Coincidence? I doubt it. Better blocking and less predictability.

    That's why when people speak of Winslow around the league they say he's MORE of a WR than a TE for the obvious reasons I just mentioned. Trouble is after 4 knee surgeries he's losing a step or 2 and he's not very good at blocking DEs not to be confused with smaller DBs downfield. Are we at least on the same page with this? I'd LOVE for Winslow to be the same kid we saw against OSU but that was before his first surgery scar right?

    Back to the reason he was mentioned in the first place - I don't see us drafting a possession WR first UNLESS we were trading away Winslow. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Winslow become a Diva in the huddle and on the sidelines if our QB prefers other targets more frequently? That's why I speak of environment and chemistry. If we DID go WR in round 1, it would be nice to add a speedster known for an ability of taking any throw to the end zone. Easier said than done though. Maclin and Harvin didn't run the times I expected so I'm not thinking WR at all. Not that this means anything in the bigger picture.

    - Tom F.