Skip to content

So Kiko isn't being fined?

The Browns Board
50 21 1.6k
  • @osiris said:

    I just have to disagree, he is lowering his head to chest-level before Hoyer drops and ends up with his head at that same level. I don't think the helmet-to-helmet contact is intentional. It wasn't even a direct helmet-to-helmet hit. I love Hoyer, but the injury is on him. He should have either stayed upright and ran out of bounds, or entered a clean QB slide earlier.

    Well, the key phrase as you said is "lowering his helmet".... on that play, to me seeing it, it is completely counterproductive for him to have lowered his helmet. His tackle would have been far more efficient if he had not lowered the helmet. The only purpose I see for him lowering his head is to crashbang into Hoyer's head.

    Again...I am not saying that this play was illegal or should have been penalized, nor do I believe at all that the head to head hit had anything to do with the injury (it could actually have been worse had he kept his head up). I just say that lowering his helmet was superfluous.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, the key phrase as you said is "lowering his helmet".... on that play, to me seeing it, it is completely counterproductive for him to have lowered his helmet. His tackle would have been far more efficient if he had not lowered the helmet. The only purpose I see for him lowering his head is to crashbang into Hoyer's head.

    Again...I am not saying that this play was illegal or should have been penalized, nor do I believe at all that the head to head hit had anything to do with the injury (it could actually have been worse had he kept his head up). I just say that lowering his helmet was superfluous.

    Fair enough.

    You lower your entire body and dive at a player and try to keep your head up. It's possible, but it's tough and it's unnatural.

    Especially with a 15 pound helmet strapped to your head.

  • Hate to see either QB injured, but...

    Both were clean hits.

    Both were unfortunate injuries.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tour2ma said:

    Hate to see either QB injured, but...

    Both were clean hits.

    Both were unfortunate injuries.

    Yes.

    Let's start acting like AFC North / Old School AFC Central fans that we are quit whining for other team's players to get fined.

    Hoyer slid like a tard.

    Zombo

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #37

    I looked at it and it was a clean hit. We need lawyers to review it now to determine? Quit whining.

  • I looked at it and it was a clean hit. We need lawyers to review it now to determine? Quit whining.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I looked at it and it was a clean hit. We need lawyers to review it now to determine? Quit whining.

    You always need lawyers.

    Nice Brian Sipe Avatar. That's new, no?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #39

    it was legal. If one of our guys had hit a qb like that and got flagged we'd all be throwing our tv sets out the window and baying for referee blood. It sucks it happened to our guy but holy fuck u get a flag these days for whispering softly in a qb's ear if it would be alright with him if you gently laid him to the ground. I mean fuck football is getting dangerously close to unwatcheable.

  • D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by
    #40

    My .02 - trying to determine a tacklers intentions, etc. from watching a replay in extreme

    slo-mo is beyond ridiculous. The speed at which the game is played is almost beyond

    comprehension even to those sitting near the field. When you factor in the speed of a

    "slow" QB and defenders closing on him, to say something like "he should have lowered

    his shoulder or aimed at his ribs or scratched his ass with his left pinky" is almost ignorant.

    If the QB is going to flee the pocket he better either a) get the fuck down a lot sooner, or

    😎 get out of bounds. Once a QB leaves the pocket and crosses the line of scrimmage it

    is open season. No "defenseless player" or other such happy horseshit. This is an extremely

    violent game played by large, 'roided up borderline criminals on defense. If you don't want

    your QB to get hit, he needs to stay in the pocket in the fetal position.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I looked at it and it was a clean hit. We need lawyers to review it now to determine? Quit whining.

    You always need lawyers.

    Nice Brian Sipe Avatar. That's new, no?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @the-gipper said:

    You always need lawyers.

    Nice Brian Sipe Avatar. That's new, no?

    Yes its new. Hoorta didn't like the Weeden pic.

  • D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by
    #42
  • letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I'm watching Sunday soundtracks during halftime of MNF and apparently TJ Ward was miced up last week. After the game Kiko says " I think we're better than ya'll" and TJ says "We lost our Quaterback too though". And he responds "I don't know your offense is highly suspect". TJ tells him good game and walks away. What a dick move. Thoughts?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #44

    My thoughts are we don't need more than one "Kiko" thread.

    Zombo

    --And TJ was too classy to say "Scoreboard, Bitch."

  • letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #45

    delete it then.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #46

    I seem to remember saying "scoreboard bitch" quite a bit on my way out of the stadium Thursday night.

  • delete it then.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @letsgojackets said:

    delete it then.

    Just having fun with ya ... we don't delete, we merge.

    Zombo

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #48

    yeah i heard that too, was wondering what the prior context was cause it sounded like he walked up to TJ saying "you know we're better than y'all", and TJ was like "Uh, no you're not". If anything they had their starting qb longer than we did. Not that I think K's hit on Hoyer was dirty at all, but for him to be the one who took our qb out and then walk up to our players after the game acting like a fgt...fuck him.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I looked at it and it was a clean hit. We need lawyers to review it now to determine? Quit whining.

    You always need lawyers.

    Nice Brian Sipe Avatar. That's new, no?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @the-gipper said:

    You always need lawyers.

    If memory serves, this is a highly biased opinion... 😉

  • @the-gipper said:

    You always need lawyers.

    If memory serves, this is a highly biased opinion... 😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tour2ma said:

    If memory serves, this is a highly biased opinion... 😉

    Just because it is biased doesn't mean it is inaccurate. 🥷