Skip to content

Our third QB

The Browns Board
27 13 1.2k
  • So, is there any doubt that the Browns now need a 3rd string QB on their roster? Hoyer is out for the year. You have all complained about how slow reacting Weeden is. Do you think he will last as the starting QB for the next 12 games? Hopefully yes, given the alternatives....but probably not.

    And we have Jason Campbell. OK, a veteran for a 3rd...now Second stringer.

    Who should the Browns sign. In prior threads I made some lists. Who do you like?

  • So, is there any doubt that the Browns now need a 3rd string QB on their roster? Hoyer is out for the year. You have all complained about how slow reacting Weeden is. Do you think he will last as the starting QB for the next 12 games? Hopefully yes, given the alternatives....but probably not.

    And we have Jason Campbell. OK, a veteran for a 3rd...now Second stringer.

    Who should the Browns sign. In prior threads I made some lists. Who do you like?

    @the-gipper said:

    So, is there any doubt that the Browns now need a 3rd string QB on their roster? Hoyer is out for the year. You have all complained about how slow reacting Weeden is. Do you think he will last as the starting QB for the next 12 games? Hopefully yes, given the alternatives....but probably not.

    And we have Jason Campbell. OK, a veteran for a 3rd...now Second stringer.

    Who should the Browns sign. In prior threads I made some lists. Who do you like?

    Get Matt flynn - he makes whoever he competes against look like a superstar.

  • Get Matt flynn - he makes whoever he competes against look like a superstar. Chris

    **************************************

    lol. And that is why I don't drink my morning coffee while reading this forum !

  • Tebow! JK I don't know, some college kid that's available. All the good backups are locks to stay on their team.

  • Tyler Wilson was a 4th round pick this year who then got cut by Oakland. Everybody loved him pre-draft. might be worth bringing in as 3rd string, developmental player?

  • So, is there any doubt that the Browns now need a 3rd string QB on their roster? Hoyer is out for the year. You have all complained about how slow reacting Weeden is. Do you think he will last as the starting QB for the next 12 games? Hopefully yes, given the alternatives....but probably not.

    And we have Jason Campbell. OK, a veteran for a 3rd...now Second stringer.

    Who should the Browns sign. In prior threads I made some lists. Who do you like?

    @the-gipper said:

    So, is there any doubt that the Browns now need a 3rd string QB on their roster? Hoyer is out for the year. You have all complained about how slow reacting Weeden is. Do you think he will last as the starting QB for the next 12 games? Hopefully yes, given the alternatives....but probably not.

    And we have Jason Campbell. OK, a veteran for a 3rd...now Second stringer.

    Who should the Browns sign. In prior threads I made some lists. Who do you like?

    I don't feel the need for a third QB.

    We have two healthy QBs that can win games and you know we are drafting one next year.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, is there any doubt that the Browns now need a 3rd string QB on their roster? Hoyer is out for the year. You have all complained about how slow reacting Weeden is. Do you think he will last as the starting QB for the next 12 games? Hopefully yes, given the alternatives....but probably not.

    And we have Jason Campbell. OK, a veteran for a 3rd...now Second stringer.

    Who should the Browns sign. In prior threads I made some lists. Who do you like?

    I don't feel the need for a third QB.

    We have two healthy QBs that can win games and you know we are drafting one next year.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I don't feel the need for a third QB.

    We have two healthy QBs that can win games and you know we are drafting one next year.

    Zombo

    Well, I am not really worried about next year....as next year you might have Hoyer, Weeden...and this QB they draft all in the mix.

    I just don't want to have to use Spencer Lanning as our emergency QB

  • Tyler Wilson was a 4th round pick this year who then got cut by Oakland. Everybody loved him pre-draft. might be worth bringing in as 3rd string, developmental player?

    @gftchris said:

    Tyler Wilson was a 4th round pick this year who then got cut by Oakland. Everybody loved him pre-draft. might be worth bringing in as 3rd string, developmental player?

    Something like that could work.

    (as I noted elsewhere, Chud used to work with ugly Jimmy Clausen....and Norv with a guy I think named Nathan Ederle...or some such.)

  • The backup tight end who is also taking snaps at FB(ogbo not cleared) , Marqueis Gray is now the 3rd QB

    must be better than Thigpen

  • The backup tight end who is also taking snaps at FB(ogbo not cleared) , Marqueis Gray is now the 3rd QB

    must be better than Thigpen

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    The backup tight end who is also taking snaps at FB(ogbo not cleared) , Marqueis Gray is now the 3rd QB

    must be better than Thigpen

    Please, no.

  • Zombo said:

    I don't feel the need for a third QB.

    We have two healthy QBs that can win games and you know we are drafting one next year.

    Zombo

    Well, I am not really worried about next year....as next year you might have Hoyer, Weeden...and this QB they draft all in the mix.

    I just don't want to have to use Spencer Lanning as our emergency QB

    @the-gipper said:

    I just don't want to have to use Spencer Lanning as our emergency QB

    You have to admit it would be epic!

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    The backup tight end who is also taking snaps at FB(ogbo not cleared) , Marqueis Gray is now the 3rd QB

    must be better than Thigpen

    Please, no.

    @the-gipper said:

    Please, no.

    lol why not? at that point we're done anyway.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    The backup tight end who is also taking snaps at FB(ogbo not cleared) , Marqueis Gray is now the 3rd QB

    must be better than Thigpen

    Please, no.

    @the-gipper said:

    Please, no.

    Maybe he can evade the pass rush!

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, is there any doubt that the Browns now need a 3rd string QB on their roster? Hoyer is out for the year. You have all complained about how slow reacting Weeden is. Do you think he will last as the starting QB for the next 12 games? Hopefully yes, given the alternatives....but probably not.

    And we have Jason Campbell. OK, a veteran for a 3rd...now Second stringer.

    Who should the Browns sign. In prior threads I made some lists. Who do you like?

    I don't feel the need for a third QB.

    We have two healthy QBs that can win games and you know we are drafting one next year.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I don't feel the need for a third QB.

    We have two healthy QBs that can win games and you know we are drafting one next year.

    Zombo

    🙂 I do. We have two healthy quarterbacks now . The odds of Weeden with his slow read\release time and lack of pocket presence is a sitting duck IMHO. Wouldn't be at all surprised for bye-bye Brandon to come this Sunday when Suh and Company roll into town. Though he does show some ability to take a hit.

    I hope they'll work like crazy this week on drills to help him get rid of the ball faster- but that may be a lost cause.

  • Davone Bess was the emergency QB last week against BUF... lol.. Campbell was inactive

    I think they CAN get away with Weeden and Campbell, unless Weeden gets hurt... but then it's bye bye season anyway.

  • Somebody had to..

    play at 4:37 to Gordon for 6. Or the read option anyone?

  • Know what? after watching that YouTube, Make Gray or #3 qb. LOL, looks at least as good as Colt McCoy's college highlights. 🙂

  • Greg McElroy - the ultimate game managing and hope our defense wins 9-7

    or

    Tim Tebow - and completely say IDGAF like the Minnesota game

  • I'm fine with two healthy experienced quarterbacks and Marquise Grey coming in if they both go down.

    No need to bring in a clipboard holder. If three QBs get injured in one game the football gods are just going to torment us no matter what.

    Zombo

  • Greg McElroy - the ultimate game managing and hope our defense wins 9-7

    or

    Tim Tebow - and completely say IDGAF like the Minnesota game

    @andruw-u said:

    Greg McElroy - the ultimate game managing and hope our defense wins 9-7

    He took even more sacks in NYJ than Weeden does now!