Skip to content

Browns Vs Lions

The Browns Board
49 29 2.9k
  • Packers got 5 sacks yesterday - got to think we can get somewhere near that, especially if Megatron doesn't play. On the other hand, he was apparently 'very close' to playing, so you have to assume he's healthy come Sunday. It's going to be very close either way.

  • Johnson is a great receiver better than AJ green so it will be interesting to see how well Joe Haden matches up against him.

  • They will pressure the hell out of Weeden. I don't think Weeden has what it takes against them. Hope i'm wrong. Whats up Soju Bro!

  • We're going to see more combo coverages and safety help on Megatron, I believe. Haden is good but the NFL is making it hard to man cover even average receivers, much less Megatron.

    Unfortunately that may result in slightly less blitzing.

    Or Horton is gonna pin his ears back and send the house all the time, hoping that Haden can stick with Megatron for 2-3 seconds.

  • If Sheard is back for the game I really do like our chances. We need to rotate our edges more. If we can pressure Stafford we should win.

  • If Weeden can get rid of the ball quick, it will be the first time I've seen it.

  • Bad feeling about this game, I see Suh tearing Weeden a new asshole because he will hold on to the ball for 5 seconds every time. Defense has to have another HUGE game or it will not be pretty

  • http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000230530/Pre-Week-2-Lions-vs-Browns-highlights

    Preseason game highlights where Weeden went through Lions first string D like a hot knife through butter.

  • Again, D and ST will be key factors in this game. Hopefully, Weeden realizes he doesn't need to carry this team b/c it is obvious that the team can carry him if he just doesn't make mistakes. I expect Gordon to have a big game. I also expect DQ and Robertson to be ready to handle Reggie, b/c their play will be key. Bryant, Taylor, and Rubin will get pressure up the middle which should disrupt Stafford fairly often. Also, the Haden-Johnson matchup should be fun to watch.

    If Weeden plays solid, we win handly. If he plays okay, we win a close one. If he turns the ball over, we lose a close one...

  • I say pray for rain - I still like to think that dome teams have trouble in inclement weather... Those days may have passed buy, but I'd like to see something slow down Reggie....

  • I spelled "by" wrong

  • Defense has an opportunity to get to Stafford, but so does Detroit against Weeden. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Lions gets 5-6 sacks in this game. I hope Norv rides with Willis early and we can get some success in the run game. The Lions are currently 22nd in the league in run defense so I'm hoping a long week will have McGahee ready to carry the load.

    As much as we hate Weeden, he's gotten objectively better in each of his three games this season. Norv's a smart guy and I hope he gets some quick passes in to get Weeden to see the field more quickly. Get Benji on some tunnel screens and Gordon on a quick slant. As for Megatron, you just have to do the best to contain him as possible. Safety help, whatever it takes because that guy is nearly impossible to stop one on one.

  • If Johnson does play coming off injury he will probably be less than 100% which should be a plus for our defense. That being said he is still a threat to impact the outcome of the game.

    Weeden will be the key in this one and I just don't have the same confidence as when Hoyer is running the offense. Our defense will keep us in the game, but Weeds needs to limit his mistakes. That's if Suh doesn't stomp a mud hole in ass first.

    Browns 19 Lions 13

  • Although the Statue of Liberty under center scares the hell out of me, I have some faith that Norv & Chud can game plan their way around his slow twitch brain fibers. He's going to have to be much more than a "game manager" due to our total lack of a running game, but that being said, I believe he can make a couple/several big plays down field, but ultimately it will be his mistakes, or lack thereof that determine if we win. If at the end of the game his stats read 2 sacks and no picks or fumbles, then we win the game........ I just fear the line will look more like 6/3/1

  • Sheard, Groves and Oby practicing today ... great news.

    Winn still out.

    Zombo

  • I never like a game against the Lions. Our all-time record is horrible aganist them.

  • tough one. Cousins, Greco, and Shwartz will get manhandled. Still think we have a great chance to win If Weeden doesnt shoot us in the foot.

  • I never like a game against the Lions. Our all-time record is horrible aganist them.

    @ballpeen said:

    I never like a game against the Lions. Our all-time record is horrible aganist them.

    Yea, the Browns have only a .222 win pct. vs. the Lions. The only team they are worse against is the Broncos at .202.

    And now they are not much better vs. the Ravens at .241.

  • tough one. Cousins, Greco, and Shwartz will get manhandled. Still think we have a great chance to win If Weeden doesnt shoot us in the foot.

    @cbus-brownie said:

    tough one. Cousins, Greco, and Shwartz will get manhandled. Still think we have a great chance to win If Weeden doesnt shoot us in the foot.

    Cousins won't be playing, surely?

  • A win against Buffalo who had a rookie QB in for a half ? A win yes, but with an offense capable of throwing up points, and Weeden at the helm and an anemic running game, I fear the worst...