Skip to content

Browns Vs Lions

The Browns Board
49 29 2.9k
  • Bad feeling about this game, I see Suh tearing Weeden a new asshole because he will hold on to the ball for 5 seconds every time. Defense has to have another HUGE game or it will not be pretty

  • http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000230530/Pre-Week-2-Lions-vs-Browns-highlights

    Preseason game highlights where Weeden went through Lions first string D like a hot knife through butter.

  • Again, D and ST will be key factors in this game. Hopefully, Weeden realizes he doesn't need to carry this team b/c it is obvious that the team can carry him if he just doesn't make mistakes. I expect Gordon to have a big game. I also expect DQ and Robertson to be ready to handle Reggie, b/c their play will be key. Bryant, Taylor, and Rubin will get pressure up the middle which should disrupt Stafford fairly often. Also, the Haden-Johnson matchup should be fun to watch.

    If Weeden plays solid, we win handly. If he plays okay, we win a close one. If he turns the ball over, we lose a close one...

  • I say pray for rain - I still like to think that dome teams have trouble in inclement weather... Those days may have passed buy, but I'd like to see something slow down Reggie....

  • I spelled "by" wrong

  • Defense has an opportunity to get to Stafford, but so does Detroit against Weeden. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Lions gets 5-6 sacks in this game. I hope Norv rides with Willis early and we can get some success in the run game. The Lions are currently 22nd in the league in run defense so I'm hoping a long week will have McGahee ready to carry the load.

    As much as we hate Weeden, he's gotten objectively better in each of his three games this season. Norv's a smart guy and I hope he gets some quick passes in to get Weeden to see the field more quickly. Get Benji on some tunnel screens and Gordon on a quick slant. As for Megatron, you just have to do the best to contain him as possible. Safety help, whatever it takes because that guy is nearly impossible to stop one on one.

  • If Johnson does play coming off injury he will probably be less than 100% which should be a plus for our defense. That being said he is still a threat to impact the outcome of the game.

    Weeden will be the key in this one and I just don't have the same confidence as when Hoyer is running the offense. Our defense will keep us in the game, but Weeds needs to limit his mistakes. That's if Suh doesn't stomp a mud hole in ass first.

    Browns 19 Lions 13

  • Although the Statue of Liberty under center scares the hell out of me, I have some faith that Norv & Chud can game plan their way around his slow twitch brain fibers. He's going to have to be much more than a "game manager" due to our total lack of a running game, but that being said, I believe he can make a couple/several big plays down field, but ultimately it will be his mistakes, or lack thereof that determine if we win. If at the end of the game his stats read 2 sacks and no picks or fumbles, then we win the game........ I just fear the line will look more like 6/3/1

  • Sheard, Groves and Oby practicing today ... great news.

    Winn still out.

    Zombo

  • I never like a game against the Lions. Our all-time record is horrible aganist them.

  • tough one. Cousins, Greco, and Shwartz will get manhandled. Still think we have a great chance to win If Weeden doesnt shoot us in the foot.

  • I never like a game against the Lions. Our all-time record is horrible aganist them.

    @ballpeen said:

    I never like a game against the Lions. Our all-time record is horrible aganist them.

    Yea, the Browns have only a .222 win pct. vs. the Lions. The only team they are worse against is the Broncos at .202.

    And now they are not much better vs. the Ravens at .241.

  • tough one. Cousins, Greco, and Shwartz will get manhandled. Still think we have a great chance to win If Weeden doesnt shoot us in the foot.

    @cbus-brownie said:

    tough one. Cousins, Greco, and Shwartz will get manhandled. Still think we have a great chance to win If Weeden doesnt shoot us in the foot.

    Cousins won't be playing, surely?

  • A win against Buffalo who had a rookie QB in for a half ? A win yes, but with an offense capable of throwing up points, and Weeden at the helm and an anemic running game, I fear the worst...

  • I really don't expect to go home a winner this week. As I said earlier, we always lose to the Lions and we do have some issues.

    That said, I won't blame Weeden unless he deserves the blame. I just fear that if we lose, many are going to blame him no matter what.

  • I really don't expect to go home a winner this week. As I said earlier, we always lose to the Lions and we do have some issues.

    That said, I won't blame Weeden unless he deserves the blame. I just fear that if we lose, many are going to blame him no matter what.

    @ballpeen said:

    I really don't expect to go home a winner this week. As I said earlier, we always lose to the Lions and we do have some issues.

    That said, I won't blame Weeden unless he deserves the blame. I just fear that if we lose, many are going to blame him no matter what.

    c'mon peen, really?

    we're on an upswing. we're on the ebb of a tide.

    our defense is not just as good but maybe better than detroits. even if megatron played this will be a masterpiece of a game.

    why give up when we have won 3 in a row, because of weeden? i thought he was your boy? if so, let's give him a shot at this. let's go out there and prove the browns have a right to be in the fight for first place in this division.

    you wouldn't say that about tennessee would ya? hell no.

    let's all man up and bust some ass on sunday!

    GO BROWNS!!

  • ^^^^ +1000

  • Hell yeah MT, we all need to stay positive and help this team sustain the momentum we've got going! When was the last time the Browns one 4 straight Gipper? Been a while I think.

  • Hell yeah MT, we all need to stay positive and help this team sustain the momentum we've got going! When was the last time the Browns one 4 straight Gipper? Been a while I think.

    @poeticg said:

    Hell yeah MT, we all need to stay positive and help this team sustain the momentum we've got going! When was the last time the Browns one 4 straight Gipper? Been a while I think.

    The end of 2009 I believe under Mangini.

  • @poeticg said:

    Hell yeah MT, we all need to stay positive and help this team sustain the momentum we've got going! When was the last time the Browns one 4 straight Gipper? Been a while I think.

    The end of 2009 I believe under Mangini.

    @the-gipper said:

    The end of 2009 I believe under Mangini.

    yes. the same time (within those 4 games) we won 3 straight at home). gotta establish some home field dominance and let everyone know that we they come into cleveland it is now walk in the park like in recent years.

    dawg pund=12th man.

    PROTECT DA HOUSE!!