Skip to content

Browns Vs Lions

The Browns Board
49 29 2.9k
  • A win against Buffalo who had a rookie QB in for a half ? A win yes, but with an offense capable of throwing up points, and Weeden at the helm and an anemic running game, I fear the worst...

  • I really don't expect to go home a winner this week. As I said earlier, we always lose to the Lions and we do have some issues.

    That said, I won't blame Weeden unless he deserves the blame. I just fear that if we lose, many are going to blame him no matter what.

  • I really don't expect to go home a winner this week. As I said earlier, we always lose to the Lions and we do have some issues.

    That said, I won't blame Weeden unless he deserves the blame. I just fear that if we lose, many are going to blame him no matter what.

    @ballpeen said:

    I really don't expect to go home a winner this week. As I said earlier, we always lose to the Lions and we do have some issues.

    That said, I won't blame Weeden unless he deserves the blame. I just fear that if we lose, many are going to blame him no matter what.

    c'mon peen, really?

    we're on an upswing. we're on the ebb of a tide.

    our defense is not just as good but maybe better than detroits. even if megatron played this will be a masterpiece of a game.

    why give up when we have won 3 in a row, because of weeden? i thought he was your boy? if so, let's give him a shot at this. let's go out there and prove the browns have a right to be in the fight for first place in this division.

    you wouldn't say that about tennessee would ya? hell no.

    let's all man up and bust some ass on sunday!

    GO BROWNS!!

  • ^^^^ +1000

  • Hell yeah MT, we all need to stay positive and help this team sustain the momentum we've got going! When was the last time the Browns one 4 straight Gipper? Been a while I think.

  • Hell yeah MT, we all need to stay positive and help this team sustain the momentum we've got going! When was the last time the Browns one 4 straight Gipper? Been a while I think.

    @poeticg said:

    Hell yeah MT, we all need to stay positive and help this team sustain the momentum we've got going! When was the last time the Browns one 4 straight Gipper? Been a while I think.

    The end of 2009 I believe under Mangini.

  • @poeticg said:

    Hell yeah MT, we all need to stay positive and help this team sustain the momentum we've got going! When was the last time the Browns one 4 straight Gipper? Been a while I think.

    The end of 2009 I believe under Mangini.

    @the-gipper said:

    The end of 2009 I believe under Mangini.

    yes. the same time (within those 4 games) we won 3 straight at home). gotta establish some home field dominance and let everyone know that we they come into cleveland it is now walk in the park like in recent years.

    dawg pund=12th man.

    PROTECT DA HOUSE!!

  • I don't know why, because I have pretty much always felt strongly about Weeden sucking, but I think he might come out guns blazing Sunday. If he would just stop thinking, he could be pretty good. It is like watching Phil Mickelson play golf. Granted Phil is arguably one of the most talented players ever, but the same rules apply, if he starts thinking, he's done. You can see the steam from the decrepit little gerbil inside their head running way too fast for them. The less they think, the better they do. U.Jiminez is another one that goes to that school.

    Quit thinking Brandon, just fucking play! Please learn that in the next couple of days. I think if he plays well, we will destroy Detroit.

  • Farmer (LA Times) picked the Browns. Said they're brimming with confidence and at home. OL and OLBs are all healthier than at any point this year. Calvin Johnson will either sit or be a decoy.

    It's 4-2 for the good guys.

  • Farmer (LA Times) picked the Browns. Said they're brimming with confidence and at home. OL and OLBs are all healthier than at any point this year. Calvin Johnson will either sit or be a decoy.

    It's 4-2 for the good guys.

    @shep said:

    Farmer (LA Times) picked the Browns. Said they're brimming with confidence and at home. OL and OLBs are all healthier than at any point this year. Calvin Johnson will either sit or be a decoy.

    It's 4-2 for the good guys.

    whats the status on groves, sheard, and winn?

  • @shep said:

    Farmer (LA Times) picked the Browns. Said they're brimming with confidence and at home. OL and OLBs are all healthier than at any point this year. Calvin Johnson will either sit or be a decoy.

    It's 4-2 for the good guys.

    whats the status on groves, sheard, and winn?

    @booty-loaf said:

    whats the status on groves, sheard, and winn?

    Sheard and Groves expected to play, which is going to give us our full arsenal of blitz packages and run stoppers. I think this could be the game our defense garners some national attention.

    Zombo

  • @booty-loaf said:

    whats the status on groves, sheard, and winn?

    Sheard and Groves expected to play, which is going to give us our full arsenal of blitz packages and run stoppers. I think this could be the game our defense garners some national attention.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Sheard and Groves expected to play, which is going to give us our full arsenal of blitz packages and run stoppers. I think this could be the game our defense garners some national attention.

    Zombo

    are you kidding? if anyone says anything about the browns it will be about calvin johnson being out or not being up to speed. i cant wait to play the packers

  • We'll need something to the tune of 74% completion, 250 yards, 2 TD's and 0 or maybe 1 Int.

    We'll have to be positive in the turnover differential, so I'm counting on at least one pick and a fumble recovery from the D.

    If Weeden turns in another Miami/Philly performance, we're doomed.

  • If Megatron is out again, CLE should just stuff the box the entire game to neutralize Bush/Bell and pressure Stafford. Same way you beat MIN.

  • Bear nation is rooting for you guys. Strange moves by the Browns, and weird circumstances, yet Browns not doing so bad. I hope improvment continues with a win over the Lions 😎 good luck guys!

  • Need a good game from Tashaun because Stafford is gonna go downtown a handful of times come hell or high water. Need serious pressure because he ISN'T consistently accurate off his mark like the top tier.

  • i expect us to put up close +/- 500 yards offense today.

    lions are sedated and get beat 34-21.

    feelin real good right now!. and shep the writer from LA times is correct. i see this young team starting to gel (especially on D) and if weeds can grab some of that confidence by watching them play we will be highlight material today.

  • I think the D will play how they have played all season and tear it up. Another game resting on Weeden not fucking up ?

  • I believe Weeden said it earlier this week, something along the lines of he needs to get the ball out quicker and let the playmakers make the plays. Hopefully he plays it and isn't just preaching it. Detroit has a weak secondary, quick slants to Gordon and Benjamin where we are getting them in one-on-one situations with Detroit DBs is ideal. The only thing we have to worry about is Detroits D-line and the way you beat the blitz is quick passes and screens.

    Obviously on defense it all comes down to Joe Haden vs Megatron. Joe is going to have to have the game of his career, even if it is Megatron not at a 100%. Hopefully our pass rush is on top of their game and forcing Stafford to throw it quick and not let Megatron get downfield.