Skip to content

Hello again!

The Browns Board
54 16 2.1k
  • @packfanperson said:

    Hi hoorta! Nice to see you again.

    One of the strange things we have going on right now might be attributed to Rodgers finally having a running game to factor in. He's just seemed a bit 'off' all year. Our receivers can also develop long strings of the dropsies. Not that we have many WR left. 🤔

    I guess, to put it in a nutshell, the big guys (O & D) are doing well, even with very depleted ranks. The glittery, sparkly guys get mixed reviews. What an odd situation.

    Well, I should add a few things. First it's nice to discuss football rationally with a fan of an opposing team without the smack talk.

    Regarding your WRs- if Joe Haden doesn't take Jordy Nelson totally out of the game I'll be surprised- he's having a Pro Bowl level season. Pretty much shut down A J Green and Megatron.

    Second- Noticed Seneca Wallace is your backup QB, I think some of us here would gladly trade you Weeden for Wallace straight up. I rewatched some of that Lions game and Weedster did make a couple of good throws- and plenty of Gawdawful ones.

    McGahee has been serviceable at RB.(Incidentally, it's looking more and more like we robbed the Colts blind in the Richardson trade) The talk of trading Josh Gordon for a draft pick is nuts- he's pushing being in the top 10 WRs in the league. Greg Little has temporarily cured his case of dropitis. Jordan Cameron is rapidly becoming a stud TE, but unfortunately Weeden can't figure out how to throw the ball to him- that wasn't a problem when Hoyer was quarterbacking.

    Sweet, roach... have a safe trip and a great time.

    @hoorta said:

    First it's nice to discuss football rationally with a fan of an opposing team without the smack talk.

    Here, here...

    @typicalbrowns said:

    I think Weeden is his typical hot and cold self and will come out just roping the ball.

    Getting the same feeling here. He was decent against Buffalo... terrible vs. Detroit... so...

    Know one thing for sure... I like us +10...

  • @packfanperson said:

    Hi hoorta! Nice to see you again.

    One of the strange things we have going on right now might be attributed to Rodgers finally having a running game to factor in. He's just seemed a bit 'off' all year. Our receivers can also develop long strings of the dropsies. Not that we have many WR left. 🤔

    I guess, to put it in a nutshell, the big guys (O & D) are doing well, even with very depleted ranks. The glittery, sparkly guys get mixed reviews. What an odd situation.

    Well, I should add a few things. First it's nice to discuss football rationally with a fan of an opposing team without the smack talk.

    Regarding your WRs- if Joe Haden doesn't take Jordy Nelson totally out of the game I'll be surprised- he's having a Pro Bowl level season. Pretty much shut down A J Green and Megatron.

    Second- Noticed Seneca Wallace is your backup QB, I think some of us here would gladly trade you Weeden for Wallace straight up. I rewatched some of that Lions game and Weedster did make a couple of good throws- and plenty of Gawdawful ones.

    McGahee has been serviceable at RB.(Incidentally, it's looking more and more like we robbed the Colts blind in the Richardson trade) The talk of trading Josh Gordon for a draft pick is nuts- he's pushing being in the top 10 WRs in the league. Greg Little has temporarily cured his case of dropitis. Jordan Cameron is rapidly becoming a stud TE, but unfortunately Weeden can't figure out how to throw the ball to him- that wasn't a problem when Hoyer was quarterbacking.

    @hoorta said:

    Regarding your WRs- if Joe Haden doesn't take Jordy Nelson totally out of the game I'll be surprised- he's having a Pro Bowl level season. Pretty much shut down A J Green and Megatron.

    McGahee has been serviceable at RB.(Incidentally, it's looking more and more like we robbed the Colts blind in the Richardson trade) The talk of trading Josh Gordon for a draft pick is nuts- he's pushing being in the top 10 WRs in the league. Greg Little has temporarily cured his case of dropitis. Jordan Cameron is rapidly becoming a stud TE, but unfortunately Weeden can't figure out how to throw the ball to him- that wasn't a problem when Hoyer was quarterbacking.

    Yes. I'd say we are in trouble with basically just Nelson to worry about. Boykin has been awful with an occasional surprising catch. The Packers are bringing in White from the PS. I don't know much about him. Some stuff on youtube looks promising, but who knows how he'll do with the big boys.

    Boy, that Richardson thing was a bomb! It's pretty obvious the Browns were thinking on their feet!

    Before this year, the Pack hadn't had a RB with a 100 yard game for, literally, years. lol! This year so far Starks has had one, Franklin has had one, and Lacy has had one (and also had a game with 99 yards). I think that's part of Rodger's problem. He's not used to it. We seem to be in some sort of transition. 🙂

  • @packfanperson said:

    So we're actually playing a game and not just having fun in pre-season, huh?

    Is anyone making the trip?

    Best of luck and here's to no. more. injuries.

    i'll be driving to Milwaukee Saturday to spend the evening with my son. On Sunday we are part of a bus/ticket package. This will be my second trip to see the Browns at Lambeau. The last time i was there, they retired Reggie White's number, his daughter sang the national anthem, and the Browns won. The stadium is a football cathedral, and the Packer fans are a blast. Can't wait.

    @roach said:

    i'll be driving to Milwaukee Saturday to spend the evening with my son. On Sunday we are part of a bus/ticket package. This will be my second trip to see the Browns at Lambeau. The last time i was there, they retired Reggie White's number, his daughter sang the national anthem, and the Browns won. The stadium is a football cathedral, and the Packer fans are a blast. Can't wait.

    I'm so glad you get to make the trip again! Hopefully you'll run into some fun people tailgating. Everyone on my board is looking forward to hosting the Browns because of their fans. Always a good time!

    Last night was the first time this year we had to turn on the furnace (a little SE of GB), so keep an eye on the weather and have a blast!

  • Sweet, roach... have a safe trip and a great time.

    @hoorta said:

    First it's nice to discuss football rationally with a fan of an opposing team without the smack talk.

    Here, here...

    @typicalbrowns said:

    I think Weeden is his typical hot and cold self and will come out just roping the ball.

    Getting the same feeling here. He was decent against Buffalo... terrible vs. Detroit... so...

    Know one thing for sure... I like us +10...

    @tour2ma said:

    Getting the same feeling here. He was decent against Buffalo... terrible vs. Detroit... so...

    Know one thing for sure... I like us +10...

    You could well be right! I can't get a feel for this game AT ALL??

    Last year we were 1st in red zone offense. This year? 27th. 😳 Yeah. Lovely.

  • Oh snap. Aaron Rodgers has a banged up knee.

    That's all I know right now.

    😡

  • Packers are a class act without a doubt.

  • My feeling is that the Packers should beat us rather handily. We might cover the spread with a late garbage TD but the result will probably never be in doubt.

    HOWEVER....this is the type of game that the Browns win for absolutely no reason at all that seems to happen once a season.

    Either way...I'll be rooting for the Packers the rest of the year after this weekend.

  • Oh snap. Aaron Rodgers has a banged up knee.

    That's all I know right now.

    😡

    @packfanperson said:

    Oh snap. Aaron Rodgers has a banged up knee.

    That's all I know right now.

    😡

    If you need a QB, let us know ...

    Z

  • My feeling is that the Packers should beat us rather handily. We might cover the spread with a late garbage TD but the result will probably never be in doubt.

    HOWEVER....this is the type of game that the Browns win for absolutely no reason at all that seems to happen once a season.

    Either way...I'll be rooting for the Packers the rest of the year after this weekend.

    @mark-o said:

    HOWEVER....this is the type of game that the Browns win for absolutely no reason at all that seems to happen once a season.

    Either way...I'll be rooting for the Packers the rest of the year after this weekend.

    And I'll be pulling for the Browns after this weekend, as always!

    Yeah, this is the type of game in which the Pack could totally lay an egg. They, for absolutely no reason at all, seem to lose handily at least once a season when they are favored.

  • @packfanperson said:

    Oh snap. Aaron Rodgers has a banged up knee.

    That's all I know right now.

    😡

    If you need a QB, let us know ...

    Z

    Zombo said:

    If you need a QB, let us know ...

    Z

    😆

    Gee, thanks Zombo.

    (I miss our Zombo. I always liked him.)

  • @packfanperson said:

    Hi hoorta! Nice to see you again.

    One of the strange things we have going on right now might be attributed to Rodgers finally having a running game to factor in. He's just seemed a bit 'off' all year. Our receivers can also develop long strings of the dropsies. Not that we have many WR left. 🤔

    I guess, to put it in a nutshell, the big guys (O & D) are doing well, even with very depleted ranks. The glittery, sparkly guys get mixed reviews. What an odd situation.

    Well, I should add a few things. First it's nice to discuss football rationally with a fan of an opposing team without the smack talk.

    Regarding your WRs- if Joe Haden doesn't take Jordy Nelson totally out of the game I'll be surprised- he's having a Pro Bowl level season. Pretty much shut down A J Green and Megatron.

    Second- Noticed Seneca Wallace is your backup QB, I think some of us here would gladly trade you Weeden for Wallace straight up. I rewatched some of that Lions game and Weedster did make a couple of good throws- and plenty of Gawdawful ones.

    McGahee has been serviceable at RB.(Incidentally, it's looking more and more like we robbed the Colts blind in the Richardson trade) The talk of trading Josh Gordon for a draft pick is nuts- he's pushing being in the top 10 WRs in the league. Greg Little has temporarily cured his case of dropitis. Jordan Cameron is rapidly becoming a stud TE, but unfortunately Weeden can't figure out how to throw the ball to him- that wasn't a problem when Hoyer was quarterbacking.

    @hoorta said:

    Second- Noticed Seneca Wallace is your backup QB, I think some of us here would gladly trade you Weeden for Wallace straight up. I rewatched some of that Lions game and Weedster did make a couple of good throws- and plenty of Gawdawful ones.

    Damn Hoorta...you've been drinking haven't you? Seneca Wallace ranked right up there with Paul McDonald. Weeden isn't the answer, but he's light years ahead of where Wallace was.

  • @hoorta said:

    Second- Noticed Seneca Wallace is your backup QB, I think some of us here would gladly trade you Weeden for Wallace straight up. I rewatched some of that Lions game and Weedster did make a couple of good throws- and plenty of Gawdawful ones.

    Damn Hoorta...you've been drinking haven't you? Seneca Wallace ranked right up there with Paul McDonald. Weeden isn't the answer, but he's light years ahead of where Wallace was.

    @bob806 said:

    Damn Hoorta...you've been drinking haven't you? Seneca Wallace ranked right up there with Paul McDonald. Weeden isn't the answer, but he's light years ahead of where Wallace was.

    His career stats are better than Weeden's. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallSe00.htm

  • None of the fan base really knows what to think about Seneca.

    First off, the backup the Pack had been nursing for ages totally flunked out in preseason. Graham Harrell.

    BJ Coleman (PS guy) was almost equally as bad.

    <must go get coffee.....it's early>

    So THEN, Harrell is gone and they bring in Vince Young. Yeah.

    Give VY one of the most complicated O playbooks in the league and expect him to 'get it' in 3 weeks. So he does okay (mostly with his feet) only he commits a cardinal sin. Fumbles.

    ByeBye Vince.

    Sooooooooooo. Then within days of the real season they bring in Seneca (who I have read about for years because I read this board frequently), and they shove BJ back on to the PS ????

    All we've heard about Wallace from the word go is that he 'knows how to be a backup and he's smart".

    Folks who have seen him practice and watched him during the games (holding the clipboard, and watching and discussing the game pics with Rodgers) say he's doing well. Apparently the mindset is that if Aaron went down for a week or two, Wallace would at least give the guys a chance.

  • Wallace is OK. If I recall, Wallace went in after Delhomme got hurt and would have been our starter, but he got hurt too which rushed the Colt McCoy Project from holding a clipboard to starting. Colt won a couple big games, and there was no going back to Wallace.

    Wallace seemed to have a chip on his shoulder in Cleveland, but that's because he thought her was better than Colt and he probably is/was.

    He can run your offense, give you veteran leadership and he won't throw a shovel pass up for grabs on first down if he feels pressure.

    Zombo

  • @bob806 said:

    Damn Hoorta...you've been drinking haven't you? Seneca Wallace ranked right up there with Paul McDonald. Weeden isn't the answer, but he's light years ahead of where Wallace was.

    His career stats are better than Weeden's. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallSe00.htm

    @hoorta said:

    His career stats are better than Weeden's. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallSe00.htm

    Once again, I find it hard to support Weeden.

    I was at the stadium for the game Seneca started vs. Pittsburgh in 2012 (January 1st). Granted, it was a dismal day, and the Browns were 4-11, the Steelers 11-4 heading into it. We lost 13-9, and I remember Wallace not being able to do a damn thing- he couldn't throw a pass outside the numbers. He reminded me of Paul McDonald.

    It sucks that we diehards have to endure more "what iffing" about our Browns QB situation. I am hopeful Chud & Norv can somehow bring out the best in Weeden so we can compete the last 10 games. I don't think the guy will ever have any pocket awareness, and I do think he's scared to get hit.

    Call me crazy, but I think the Browns can win this game Sunday even with Weeden. I shudder to think how ugly it could get if an unmotivated Jason Campbell has to play now, or at any time this season.

  • Thanks for the info on Seneca, Zombo and Bob.

    M. White (promoted from PS) apparently lit it up in practice today. Per reports..will play slot in 3 wide.

    Rodger's knee looked just fine to me in the videos of practice today. Whew.

  • Zombo said:

    If you need a QB, let us know ...

    Z

    😆

    Gee, thanks Zombo.

    (I miss our Zombo. I always liked him.)

    @packfanperson said:

    (I miss our Zombo. I always liked him.)

    There's more than one??? Holy schnikes...

    Zombo said:

    Wallace is OK. If I recall, Wallace went in after Delhomme got hurt and would have been our starter, but he got hurt too which rushed the Colt McCoy Project from holding a clipboard to starting. Colt won a couple big games, and there was no going back to Wallace.

    Yup hurt his ankle... and first move was to play Delhomme while still visibly limping due to his ankle injury... I was screaming for Colt.

    On Wallace.... he's a good, veteran back up... with ever increasing emphasis on "veteran". Is he 40 yet? 😉

  • PFP...

    We nabbed a WR off of your Practice Squad, Charles Johnson, a rookie with a torn ACL.

    Any info on him? Did he show anything in pre-season?

  • Yes.

    He flashed some good stuff in rookie camp and training camp, but got hurt so early we hardly got to know him.

    A lot of people were quite upset when the Browns signed him.

    Personally, I was too......but I don't remember knowing about his ACL. Remember, to us he was a PS player that we hadn't heard about for quite a while. I'll have to go back and do some reading to see if the fan base knew about it or if they were keeping it on the downlow.

    ETA:

    Okay, I asked around. None of the (rabid) stats-type-people knew about any ACL injury.

  • @packfanperson said:

    (I miss our Zombo. I always liked him.)

    There's more than one??? Holy schnikes...

    Zombo said:

    Wallace is OK. If I recall, Wallace went in after Delhomme got hurt and would have been our starter, but he got hurt too which rushed the Colt McCoy Project from holding a clipboard to starting. Colt won a couple big games, and there was no going back to Wallace.

    Yup hurt his ankle... and first move was to play Delhomme while still visibly limping due to his ankle injury... I was screaming for Colt.

    On Wallace.... he's a good, veteran back up... with ever increasing emphasis on "veteran". Is he 40 yet? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    There's more than one??? Holy schnikes...

    LOL! Frank ZZZZZZZZZZZomboooooo. Great football name!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zombo