Skip to content

Hello again!

The Browns Board
54 16 2.1k
  • My feeling is that the Packers should beat us rather handily. We might cover the spread with a late garbage TD but the result will probably never be in doubt.

    HOWEVER....this is the type of game that the Browns win for absolutely no reason at all that seems to happen once a season.

    Either way...I'll be rooting for the Packers the rest of the year after this weekend.

    @mark-o said:

    HOWEVER....this is the type of game that the Browns win for absolutely no reason at all that seems to happen once a season.

    Either way...I'll be rooting for the Packers the rest of the year after this weekend.

    And I'll be pulling for the Browns after this weekend, as always!

    Yeah, this is the type of game in which the Pack could totally lay an egg. They, for absolutely no reason at all, seem to lose handily at least once a season when they are favored.

  • @packfanperson said:

    Oh snap. Aaron Rodgers has a banged up knee.

    That's all I know right now.

    😡

    If you need a QB, let us know ...

    Z

    Zombo said:

    If you need a QB, let us know ...

    Z

    😆

    Gee, thanks Zombo.

    (I miss our Zombo. I always liked him.)

  • @packfanperson said:

    Hi hoorta! Nice to see you again.

    One of the strange things we have going on right now might be attributed to Rodgers finally having a running game to factor in. He's just seemed a bit 'off' all year. Our receivers can also develop long strings of the dropsies. Not that we have many WR left. 🤔

    I guess, to put it in a nutshell, the big guys (O & D) are doing well, even with very depleted ranks. The glittery, sparkly guys get mixed reviews. What an odd situation.

    Well, I should add a few things. First it's nice to discuss football rationally with a fan of an opposing team without the smack talk.

    Regarding your WRs- if Joe Haden doesn't take Jordy Nelson totally out of the game I'll be surprised- he's having a Pro Bowl level season. Pretty much shut down A J Green and Megatron.

    Second- Noticed Seneca Wallace is your backup QB, I think some of us here would gladly trade you Weeden for Wallace straight up. I rewatched some of that Lions game and Weedster did make a couple of good throws- and plenty of Gawdawful ones.

    McGahee has been serviceable at RB.(Incidentally, it's looking more and more like we robbed the Colts blind in the Richardson trade) The talk of trading Josh Gordon for a draft pick is nuts- he's pushing being in the top 10 WRs in the league. Greg Little has temporarily cured his case of dropitis. Jordan Cameron is rapidly becoming a stud TE, but unfortunately Weeden can't figure out how to throw the ball to him- that wasn't a problem when Hoyer was quarterbacking.

    @hoorta said:

    Second- Noticed Seneca Wallace is your backup QB, I think some of us here would gladly trade you Weeden for Wallace straight up. I rewatched some of that Lions game and Weedster did make a couple of good throws- and plenty of Gawdawful ones.

    Damn Hoorta...you've been drinking haven't you? Seneca Wallace ranked right up there with Paul McDonald. Weeden isn't the answer, but he's light years ahead of where Wallace was.

  • @hoorta said:

    Second- Noticed Seneca Wallace is your backup QB, I think some of us here would gladly trade you Weeden for Wallace straight up. I rewatched some of that Lions game and Weedster did make a couple of good throws- and plenty of Gawdawful ones.

    Damn Hoorta...you've been drinking haven't you? Seneca Wallace ranked right up there with Paul McDonald. Weeden isn't the answer, but he's light years ahead of where Wallace was.

    @bob806 said:

    Damn Hoorta...you've been drinking haven't you? Seneca Wallace ranked right up there with Paul McDonald. Weeden isn't the answer, but he's light years ahead of where Wallace was.

    His career stats are better than Weeden's. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallSe00.htm

  • None of the fan base really knows what to think about Seneca.

    First off, the backup the Pack had been nursing for ages totally flunked out in preseason. Graham Harrell.

    BJ Coleman (PS guy) was almost equally as bad.

    <must go get coffee.....it's early>

    So THEN, Harrell is gone and they bring in Vince Young. Yeah.

    Give VY one of the most complicated O playbooks in the league and expect him to 'get it' in 3 weeks. So he does okay (mostly with his feet) only he commits a cardinal sin. Fumbles.

    ByeBye Vince.

    Sooooooooooo. Then within days of the real season they bring in Seneca (who I have read about for years because I read this board frequently), and they shove BJ back on to the PS ????

    All we've heard about Wallace from the word go is that he 'knows how to be a backup and he's smart".

    Folks who have seen him practice and watched him during the games (holding the clipboard, and watching and discussing the game pics with Rodgers) say he's doing well. Apparently the mindset is that if Aaron went down for a week or two, Wallace would at least give the guys a chance.

  • Wallace is OK. If I recall, Wallace went in after Delhomme got hurt and would have been our starter, but he got hurt too which rushed the Colt McCoy Project from holding a clipboard to starting. Colt won a couple big games, and there was no going back to Wallace.

    Wallace seemed to have a chip on his shoulder in Cleveland, but that's because he thought her was better than Colt and he probably is/was.

    He can run your offense, give you veteran leadership and he won't throw a shovel pass up for grabs on first down if he feels pressure.

    Zombo

  • @bob806 said:

    Damn Hoorta...you've been drinking haven't you? Seneca Wallace ranked right up there with Paul McDonald. Weeden isn't the answer, but he's light years ahead of where Wallace was.

    His career stats are better than Weeden's. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallSe00.htm

    @hoorta said:

    His career stats are better than Weeden's. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallSe00.htm

    Once again, I find it hard to support Weeden.

    I was at the stadium for the game Seneca started vs. Pittsburgh in 2012 (January 1st). Granted, it was a dismal day, and the Browns were 4-11, the Steelers 11-4 heading into it. We lost 13-9, and I remember Wallace not being able to do a damn thing- he couldn't throw a pass outside the numbers. He reminded me of Paul McDonald.

    It sucks that we diehards have to endure more "what iffing" about our Browns QB situation. I am hopeful Chud & Norv can somehow bring out the best in Weeden so we can compete the last 10 games. I don't think the guy will ever have any pocket awareness, and I do think he's scared to get hit.

    Call me crazy, but I think the Browns can win this game Sunday even with Weeden. I shudder to think how ugly it could get if an unmotivated Jason Campbell has to play now, or at any time this season.

  • Thanks for the info on Seneca, Zombo and Bob.

    M. White (promoted from PS) apparently lit it up in practice today. Per reports..will play slot in 3 wide.

    Rodger's knee looked just fine to me in the videos of practice today. Whew.

  • Zombo said:

    If you need a QB, let us know ...

    Z

    😆

    Gee, thanks Zombo.

    (I miss our Zombo. I always liked him.)

    @packfanperson said:

    (I miss our Zombo. I always liked him.)

    There's more than one??? Holy schnikes...

    Zombo said:

    Wallace is OK. If I recall, Wallace went in after Delhomme got hurt and would have been our starter, but he got hurt too which rushed the Colt McCoy Project from holding a clipboard to starting. Colt won a couple big games, and there was no going back to Wallace.

    Yup hurt his ankle... and first move was to play Delhomme while still visibly limping due to his ankle injury... I was screaming for Colt.

    On Wallace.... he's a good, veteran back up... with ever increasing emphasis on "veteran". Is he 40 yet? 😉

  • PFP...

    We nabbed a WR off of your Practice Squad, Charles Johnson, a rookie with a torn ACL.

    Any info on him? Did he show anything in pre-season?

  • Yes.

    He flashed some good stuff in rookie camp and training camp, but got hurt so early we hardly got to know him.

    A lot of people were quite upset when the Browns signed him.

    Personally, I was too......but I don't remember knowing about his ACL. Remember, to us he was a PS player that we hadn't heard about for quite a while. I'll have to go back and do some reading to see if the fan base knew about it or if they were keeping it on the downlow.

    ETA:

    Okay, I asked around. None of the (rabid) stats-type-people knew about any ACL injury.

  • @packfanperson said:

    (I miss our Zombo. I always liked him.)

    There's more than one??? Holy schnikes...

    Zombo said:

    Wallace is OK. If I recall, Wallace went in after Delhomme got hurt and would have been our starter, but he got hurt too which rushed the Colt McCoy Project from holding a clipboard to starting. Colt won a couple big games, and there was no going back to Wallace.

    Yup hurt his ankle... and first move was to play Delhomme while still visibly limping due to his ankle injury... I was screaming for Colt.

    On Wallace.... he's a good, veteran back up... with ever increasing emphasis on "veteran". Is he 40 yet? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    There's more than one??? Holy schnikes...

    LOL! Frank ZZZZZZZZZZZomboooooo. Great football name!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zombo

  • Reporter: "Do you *have* to dress 46 players on Sunday?"

    Mike McCarthy: "Good question. I've never had to ask that before."

    😳

  • Reporter: "Do you *have* to dress 46 players on Sunday?"

    Mike McCarthy: "Good question. I've never had to ask that before."

    😳

    @packfanperson said:

    Reporter: "Do you *have* to dress 46 players on Sunday?"

    Mike McCarthy: "Good question. I've never had to ask that before."

    😳

    that dude is dry as belichick but actually funny and seems like a cool dude you could actually sit down next to and have a beer with.

    imagine all the lederhosen he'd be pulling up each player's dirty sweating ball sacks on sunday morning in cold windy wisconsin. then they'd serve up the brats and cheese with some good old genny cream on tap.

    geez, it's making me drink more just thinkin about it.

  • @packfanperson said:

    Reporter: "Do you *have* to dress 46 players on Sunday?"

    Mike McCarthy: "Good question. I've never had to ask that before."

    😳

    that dude is dry as belichick but actually funny and seems like a cool dude you could actually sit down next to and have a beer with.

    imagine all the lederhosen he'd be pulling up each player's dirty sweating ball sacks on sunday morning in cold windy wisconsin. then they'd serve up the brats and cheese with some good old genny cream on tap.

    geez, it's making me drink more just thinkin about it.

    @miktoxic said:

    that dude is dry as belichick but actually funny and seems like a cool dude you could actually sit down next to and have a beer with.

    geez, it's making me drink more just thinkin about it.

    I really like MM, and he can be hilarious at times.

    Unfortunately (for us), I don't think this is one of those times.

    What's making *me* drink more is the possibility that the Packers might not be able to field 46 healthy players. 😵

    This ain't good, no matter the 'next man up' thing.

  • @miktoxic said:

    that dude is dry as belichick but actually funny and seems like a cool dude you could actually sit down next to and have a beer with.

    geez, it's making me drink more just thinkin about it.

    I really like MM, and he can be hilarious at times.

    Unfortunately (for us), I don't think this is one of those times.

    What's making *me* drink more is the possibility that the Packers might not be able to field 46 healthy players. 😵

    This ain't good, no matter the 'next man up' thing.

    @packfanperson said:

    I really like MM, and he can be hilarious at times.

    Unfortunately (for us), I don't think this is one of those times.

    What's making *me* drink more is the possibility that the Packers might not be able to field 46 healthy players. 😵

    This ain't good, no matter the 'next man up' thing.

    PFP: believe me, no matter how bad it looks to you imagine looking through our piss colored glasses for the last 3+ decades.

    you guys have found a way to stay on top in your division for years and we'd love to have one of your guy's season's under our belt any day. i guess it starts from the top down and who ever is on top there in green bay is doing a damn good job. meanwhile we turn out FO and management like guys falling off a carousel every 2-3 years. there is no more patience in the NFL. if you can't get it done now, see ya.

    speaking of which, you guys must have some mixed feelings on holmgren. i'm guessing maybe to you guys you think he was a great coach cuz he won you a super bowl but to me he's the devil incarnate.

    i think the team takes on the persona of their leaders. mike maccarthy would prob break a beer bottle over someone's head if someone talked about anyone on his team, compared to holmgren who would fight to the death over the last piece of pizza just cuz it's there.

    that fat fuck.

  • Some love Holmgren. Some don't. He pulled some shit here, too. Kind of a long time ago now, so we don't argue about it much anymore.

    Here's what I'm talking about.

    http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Mike-McCarthy-likes-the-offensive-line/74432544-8371-4231-bd9a-54bd68b69fda

    The comment I am referring to comes within the first minute.

    Either he's the best actor in the world (and that's not *him*), or we're in trouble.

    I hope he's the best actor in the world. 🙂

  • yeah man. i don't hold any grudges. life's too short. i just 'really dislike' fake people. and the older i get i realize the more i realize is that we're surrounded by them.

    on a more personal note....what is the majority of the fan base in wisconsin root for. i.e. packers first, then wisconsin U, then the brewers and bucks?

    in ohio it was easy for me cuz it was all teams. here in NY there is a serious line. jets and mets. giants and yankees. or vice versa. and then of course you have the born in NY steeler and cowboy fans.

    don't get it.

  • mik...........

    You ask me about baseball (and college ball and basketball)?

    Here's my answer:

    I'm kinda a NFL person.

    But, seriously, I think it depends on where you live.

  • mik...........

    You ask me about baseball (and college ball and basketball)?

    Here's my answer:

    I'm kinda a NFL person.

    But, seriously, I think it depends on where you live.

    @packfanperson said:

    mik...........

    You ask me about baseball (and college ball and basketball)?

    I'm kinda a NFL person.

    But, seriously, I think it depends on where you live.

    i'm all football as well. i would think the U of wisconsin would be second on the list to the pack.

    big ten brotherhood, another thing we have in common. best OL all-time in the game today.

    thank god for joe thomas.

    btw, we gotta be close in age cuz any one that rememebers those carlin routines is well into their 40's. hippy dippy weatherman. "solid gold,,,,,makes you feel old". "kools, you smoke 'em....nope found them in the subway toilet".

    fuggin hilarious.