Hello again!
-
Reporter: "Do you *have* to dress 46 players on Sunday?"
Mike McCarthy: "Good question. I've never had to ask that before."

that dude is dry as belichick but actually funny and seems like a cool dude you could actually sit down next to and have a beer with.
imagine all the lederhosen he'd be pulling up each player's dirty sweating ball sacks on sunday morning in cold windy wisconsin. then they'd serve up the brats and cheese with some good old genny cream on tap.
geez, it's making me drink more just thinkin about it.
that dude is dry as belichick but actually funny and seems like a cool dude you could actually sit down next to and have a beer with.
geez, it's making me drink more just thinkin about it.
I really like MM, and he can be hilarious at times.
Unfortunately (for us), I don't think this is one of those times.
What's making *me* drink more is the possibility that the Packers might not be able to field 46 healthy players.

This ain't good, no matter the 'next man up' thing.
-
that dude is dry as belichick but actually funny and seems like a cool dude you could actually sit down next to and have a beer with.
geez, it's making me drink more just thinkin about it.
I really like MM, and he can be hilarious at times.
Unfortunately (for us), I don't think this is one of those times.
What's making *me* drink more is the possibility that the Packers might not be able to field 46 healthy players.

This ain't good, no matter the 'next man up' thing.
I really like MM, and he can be hilarious at times.
Unfortunately (for us), I don't think this is one of those times.
What's making *me* drink more is the possibility that the Packers might not be able to field 46 healthy players.

This ain't good, no matter the 'next man up' thing.
PFP: believe me, no matter how bad it looks to you imagine looking through our piss colored glasses for the last 3+ decades.
you guys have found a way to stay on top in your division for years and we'd love to have one of your guy's season's under our belt any day. i guess it starts from the top down and who ever is on top there in green bay is doing a damn good job. meanwhile we turn out FO and management like guys falling off a carousel every 2-3 years. there is no more patience in the NFL. if you can't get it done now, see ya.
speaking of which, you guys must have some mixed feelings on holmgren. i'm guessing maybe to you guys you think he was a great coach cuz he won you a super bowl but to me he's the devil incarnate.
i think the team takes on the persona of their leaders. mike maccarthy would prob break a beer bottle over someone's head if someone talked about anyone on his team, compared to holmgren who would fight to the death over the last piece of pizza just cuz it's there.
that fat fuck.
-
Some love Holmgren. Some don't. He pulled some shit here, too. Kind of a long time ago now, so we don't argue about it much anymore.
Here's what I'm talking about.
The comment I am referring to comes within the first minute.
Either he's the best actor in the world (and that's not *him*), or we're in trouble.
I hope he's the best actor in the world.

-
yeah man. i don't hold any grudges. life's too short. i just 'really dislike' fake people. and the older i get i realize the more i realize is that we're surrounded by them.
on a more personal note....what is the majority of the fan base in wisconsin root for. i.e. packers first, then wisconsin U, then the brewers and bucks?
in ohio it was easy for me cuz it was all teams. here in NY there is a serious line. jets and mets. giants and yankees. or vice versa. and then of course you have the born in NY steeler and cowboy fans.
don't get it.
-
mik...........
You ask me about baseball (and college ball and basketball)?
Here's my answer:
I'm kinda a NFL person.
But, seriously, I think it depends on where you live.
-
mik...........
You ask me about baseball (and college ball and basketball)?
Here's my answer:
I'm kinda a NFL person.
But, seriously, I think it depends on where you live.
mik...........
You ask me about baseball (and college ball and basketball)?
I'm kinda a NFL person.
But, seriously, I think it depends on where you live.
i'm all football as well. i would think the U of wisconsin would be second on the list to the pack.
big ten brotherhood, another thing we have in common. best OL all-time in the game today.
thank god for joe thomas.
btw, we gotta be close in age cuz any one that rememebers those carlin routines is well into their 40's. hippy dippy weatherman. "solid gold,,,,,makes you feel old". "kools, you smoke 'em....nope found them in the subway toilet".
fuggin hilarious.
-
mik...........
You ask me about baseball (and college ball and basketball)?
I'm kinda a NFL person.
But, seriously, I think it depends on where you live.
i'm all football as well. i would think the U of wisconsin would be second on the list to the pack.
big ten brotherhood, another thing we have in common. best OL all-time in the game today.
thank god for joe thomas.
btw, we gotta be close in age cuz any one that rememebers those carlin routines is well into their 40's. hippy dippy weatherman. "solid gold,,,,,makes you feel old". "kools, you smoke 'em....nope found them in the subway toilet".
fuggin hilarious.
-
Yep.

Had to bump this- thanks for being all class. I think you can now see the Browns are where Kansas City was last year. we're a quarterback short. Watching Wee-don't FU continually compared to Rodgers gives us a measuring stick. Trade you Weedster for Senecal Wallace right now? Got any ball boys with a good arm? 3 good throws don't make up for the rest of the suckage.
-
Yep.

Had to bump this- thanks for being all class. I think you can now see the Browns are where Kansas City was last year. we're a quarterback short. Watching Wee-don't FU continually compared to Rodgers gives us a measuring stick. Trade you Weedster for Senecal Wallace right now? Got any ball boys with a good arm? 3 good throws don't make up for the rest of the suckage.
Had to bump this- thanks for being all class. I think you can now see the Browns are where Kansas City was last year. we're a quarterback short. Watching Wee-don't FU continually compared to Rodgers gives us a measuring stick. Trade you Weedster for Senecal Wallace right now? Got any ball boys with a good arm? 3 good throws don't make up for the rest of the suckage.
Thank you and the whole board for a week of great conversation and banter. I always have a fine time here, and I appreciate it.

Man, I don't know what to say about Wee-done. I see why you guys are so upset. I really didn't get the true picture through previous highlights. He is.........so confusing (how's that for diplomacy). It's sooooooooooo freaking depressing the way this is shaking out for you all this year. Your D is really, really good.
Another thing. If I may. When Finley got hurt, the stadium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was scary. I don't know, we've grown so accustomed to injuries, but this felt 'different'. I've heard from several people about how wonderful and encouraging the Brown's fans were. Thank you. The Browns' players were so respectful and concerned. It's been noted. By every Packer player; by every fan at the game; by every Packer fan watching the tube; and was mentioned by MM in his presser. Thank you all SO much for that. Such amazing support.
Class. All the way. The next time the Browns are on National television, I might show up on the game day thread unless I would get banned for that.

-
Still shaking my head over the Browns performance at The Shrine of Lambeau Field. Your fans are a class act. I will make the pilgrimage to the football Mecca someday soon. I see it as my duty. Growing up, I read all I could about Vince Lombardi. Although, I did not play a lot of football I learned some valuable life lessons that I use to this day from Mr Lombardi. I hope I can encourage my young sons to read about him. Nowadays, it's all about instant techno fulfillment. These young fucks are missing out on so much.
-
Still shaking my head over the Browns performance at The Shrine of Lambeau Field. Your fans are a class act. I will make the pilgrimage to the football Mecca someday soon. I see it as my duty. Growing up, I read all I could about Vince Lombardi. Although, I did not play a lot of football I learned some valuable life lessons that I use to this day from Mr Lombardi. I hope I can encourage my young sons to read about him. Nowadays, it's all about instant techno fulfillment. These young fucks are missing out on so much.
Nowadays, it's all about instant techno fulfillment. These young fucks are missing out on so much.
Tell the young fucks that they can earn 30 minutes of time on 'instant techno fulfillment' for every hour they spend cleaning the stable (or homework or cleaning their room or other really fun chores..lol).
But then, I'm frequently an asshole.

-
could be time for some of that Lombardi like discipline
-
-
sorry to see that happen to finley.
is there something in the water this year in the NFL?
i've noticed 2 things that have me scratching my head. one is the number of devastating season ending injuries. second is the number of pick sixes these QBs are throwing.
and how about irsay this morning looking like a genious?
-
Had to bump this- thanks for being all class. I think you can now see the Browns are where Kansas City was last year. we're a quarterback short. Watching Wee-don't FU continually compared to Rodgers gives us a measuring stick. Trade you Weedster for Senecal Wallace right now? Got any ball boys with a good arm? 3 good throws don't make up for the rest of the suckage.
Thank you and the whole board for a week of great conversation and banter. I always have a fine time here, and I appreciate it.

Man, I don't know what to say about Wee-done. I see why you guys are so upset. I really didn't get the true picture through previous highlights. He is.........so confusing (how's that for diplomacy). It's sooooooooooo freaking depressing the way this is shaking out for you all this year. Your D is really, really good.
Another thing. If I may. When Finley got hurt, the stadium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was scary. I don't know, we've grown so accustomed to injuries, but this felt 'different'. I've heard from several people about how wonderful and encouraging the Brown's fans were. Thank you. The Browns' players were so respectful and concerned. It's been noted. By every Packer player; by every fan at the game; by every Packer fan watching the tube; and was mentioned by MM in his presser. Thank you all SO much for that. Such amazing support.
Class. All the way. The next time the Browns are on National television, I might show up on the game day thread unless I would get banned for that.

Thank you and the whole board for a week of great conversation and banter. I always have a fine time here, and I appreciate it.

Man, I don't know what to say about Wee-done. I see why you guys are so upset. I really didn't get the true picture through previous highlights. He is.........so confusing (how's that for diplomacy). It's sooooooooooo freaking depressing the way this is shaking out for you all this year. Your D is really, really good.
Another thing. If I may. When Finley got hurt, the stadium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was scary. I don't know, we've grown so accustomed to injuries, but this felt 'different'. I've heard from several people about how wonderful and encouraging the Brown's fans were. Thank you. The Browns' players were so respectful and concerned. It's been noted. By every Packer player; by every fan at the game; by every Packer fan watching the tube; and was mentioned by MM in his presser. Thank you all SO much for that. Such amazing support.
Class. All the way. The next time the Browns are on National television, I might show up on the game day thread unless I would get banned for that.

The sad part about Finley getting hurt is the hit was, by definition, legal. The powers that be of the NFL love flagging/fining defenders but in this case Finley lowered his head for impact. Football is a split second game, and when Finley did that the defender couldn't do anything but hit him 'high'. What kills me about it is that flag wasn't thrown right away either, but the second Finley stayed on the ground the yellow is everywhere. I just don't understand what the NFL wants these guys to do when the offensive player does that, it's practically unavoidable.
Oh well, it's not like that was the difference in the game. Always scary to see that happen and I hope the guy ends up okay.
-
Had to bump this- thanks for being all class. I think you can now see the Browns are where Kansas City was last year. we're a quarterback short. Watching Wee-don't FU continually compared to Rodgers gives us a measuring stick. Trade you Weedster for Senecal Wallace right now? Got any ball boys with a good arm? 3 good throws don't make up for the rest of the suckage.
Thank you and the whole board for a week of great conversation and banter. I always have a fine time here, and I appreciate it.

Man, I don't know what to say about Wee-done. I see why you guys are so upset. I really didn't get the true picture through previous highlights. He is.........so confusing (how's that for diplomacy). It's sooooooooooo freaking depressing the way this is shaking out for you all this year. Your D is really, really good.
Another thing. If I may. When Finley got hurt, the stadium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was scary. I don't know, we've grown so accustomed to injuries, but this felt 'different'. I've heard from several people about how wonderful and encouraging the Brown's fans were. Thank you. The Browns' players were so respectful and concerned. It's been noted. By every Packer player; by every fan at the game; by every Packer fan watching the tube; and was mentioned by MM in his presser. Thank you all SO much for that. Such amazing support.
Class. All the way. The next time the Browns are on National television, I might show up on the game day thread unless I would get banned for that.

Thank you and the whole board for a week of great conversation and banter. I always have a fine time here, and I appreciate it.

Man, I don't know what to say about Wee-done. I see why you guys are so upset. I really didn't get the true picture through previous highlights. He is.........so confusing (how's that for diplomacy). It's sooooooooooo freaking depressing the way this is shaking out for you all this year. Your D is really, really good.
Another thing. If I may. When Finley got hurt, the stadium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was scary. I don't know, we've grown so accustomed to injuries, but this felt 'different'. I've heard from several people about how wonderful and encouraging the Brown's fans were. Thank you. The Browns' players were so respectful and concerned. It's been noted. By every Packer player; by every fan at the game; by every Packer fan watching the tube; and was mentioned by MM in his presser. Thank you all SO much for that. Such amazing support.
Class. All the way. The next time the Browns are on National television, I might show up on the game day thread unless I would get banned for that.

Oh, and sorry about the Finley injury- hope he's OK, but you could see on the replay- that hit was unavoidable. Gibson was going low, and Finley decided to go down at the same time- Gibson did try to lead with his shoulder, but it didn't work out that way.

-
Thank you and the whole board for a week of great conversation and banter. I always have a fine time here, and I appreciate it.

Man, I don't know what to say about Wee-done. I see why you guys are so upset. I really didn't get the true picture through previous highlights. He is.........so confusing (how's that for diplomacy). It's sooooooooooo freaking depressing the way this is shaking out for you all this year. Your D is really, really good.
Another thing. If I may. When Finley got hurt, the stadium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was scary. I don't know, we've grown so accustomed to injuries, but this felt 'different'. I've heard from several people about how wonderful and encouraging the Brown's fans were. Thank you. The Browns' players were so respectful and concerned. It's been noted. By every Packer player; by every fan at the game; by every Packer fan watching the tube; and was mentioned by MM in his presser. Thank you all SO much for that. Such amazing support.
Class. All the way. The next time the Browns are on National television, I might show up on the game day thread unless I would get banned for that.

Oh, and sorry about the Finley injury- hope he's OK, but you could see on the replay- that hit was unavoidable. Gibson was going low, and Finley decided to go down at the same time- Gibson did try to lead with his shoulder, but it didn't work out that way.

Oh, and sorry about the Finley injury- hope he's OK, but you could see on the replay- that hit was unavoidable. Gibson was going low, and Finley decided to go down at the same time- Gibson did try to lead with his shoulder, but it didn't work out that way.

We know that.
That hit was not malicious at all.
It was a football thing.
I'm just glad he's up and moving and joking. Hopefully he's been smart with his money. (not likely)
The GOOD news (for us) is that there's a worse QB in the league than Weedon. And he plays for the Queens. And we play them on SNF this week.
If we lose?
That would suck.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login