Projected Draft Positions
-
Hey cool, we almost made it to week 7 this year before we talked about next years draft. Someday, we'll make it all the way to week 10.
-
I think by the end of the year Hundley will be competing with Boyd and Mariota for next man up. He's an elite prospect (size, smarts, arm, wheels) and will have quite a showcase the next couple weekends.
I'd like to stay in that group. Next tier is Murray, Mettenberger, and Manziel with Carr not too far behind. I think a couple of those guys could easily be a very good NFL starter (Murray reminds me of Dalton but just a little better).
I talk draft all year round, too.
-
I wouldn't mind Murray or Mettenberger as long as it's not one of our first rounders. I think Hoyer will be serviceable and we may be able to get a guy that can sit for a couple years and learn.
-
If we draft a quarterback, I really think we'll shop in the designer aisle. We've been down the Frye/McCoy aisle and it rarely works out. I firmly believe we'll look back at Andy Dalton's career and realize he was good, not great, and that's just not enough in this league. In fact, I think we had the better quarterback, at least for two weeks.
That said, I like Aaron Murray. He's incredibly experienced playing against the best competition in the nation and puts up numbers, year after year. He's small and has a decent but not amazing arm, but he does make NFL throws on a consistent basis. I think he'll get crowded out and into the second round while Mettenberger and his bigger arm might make it into late one. Very deep group this year.
Murray has some Brees to him. All depends on the arm and whether there's room to get stronger.
-
I don't think the Redskins are going to finish that bad- and if they do, The Rams might just draft a qb in that spot if Bradford continues to be mediocre.
The Steelers could potentially finish way worse than 7-9, (notice Levi Brown is already on IR for them?) I'd about bet money the Browns will finish ahead of them. If Pittsburgh doesn't take a LT, they would certainly be in the market for Javedon Clowney.
Oh and Shepster- should the Redskins fall flat again, that RG III trade will have officially blown up in their face. As of today, there's no team in the league that would trade three firsts and a second to get a qb that's one shot on the knee away from early retirement.
PS, IMHO the Jags, Vikes, and Bucs will almost certainly take QBs- that leaves us 4th in line barring a trade up.
-
Bradford had his best game Sunday. I don't think he's going anywhere. He has a 91 passer rating and 13/3.
As far as the Vikings, remember they signed Josh Freeman. Expect him to start soon. Depends on how he does but he's 25 and has had a couple great seasons already.
The givens are Jax, TB, and Cleveland. I think some teams will shop the second round (Arizona, for example).
-
The cool part about this draft is there's potentially six 1st round talent QB's available. Right now, the Jaguars are the only top 5 team I would consider a lock to take a QB. I think the Browns are going to be in an awesome situation to take a franchise level QB in the mid 1st round without having to trade it all away. All the other teams that have worse records than us (washington, oakland, carolina, Tamps, NYG, Bills, Falcons, Texans, Steelers, Vikings) all either have their guy or the verdict is still out on the QB they have. As of today, my ideal draft would be Hundley from UCLA and Mike Evans from A&M. Evans looks like he'll be an absolute monster in the NFL.
-
i don't like murray at all. i know he broke the record and everything, i just don't trust him. he doesn't show a lot of confidence or swagger and they always seem to lose the 'big' game. mizzou? really?
if we end up with him i won't hate it but i'd much rather be picking between boyd and mariota.
-
Barring something big happening I don't see the Redskins or Giants taking a qb so maybe they'd be willing to trade their pick for Gordon and maybe something else? If we could get a shot at our franchise qb AND Clowney I'd trade Gordon for that in a heartbeat.
-
You know its bad when your talking about the April draft in mid October.
-
You know its bad when your talking about the April draft in mid October.
You know its bad when your talking about the April draft in mid October.
The 2014 NFL draft is May 8-10. They couldn't get the Radio City Music Hall in April. And from now on it will be in May
-
I wouldn't mind Murray or Mettenberger as long as it's not one of our first rounders. I think Hoyer will be serviceable and we may be able to get a guy that can sit for a couple years and learn.
-
I can't imagine RG3's team doing worse than MIN and OAK. Glennon should water down TB's draft prospects. And I expect (hope) CLE ends up better than PIT.
-
Zombo said:
Our first pick will be the pick from Indy.
Zombo
u really think we're gonna trade down? Or do you think "our" pick will be later than Indy? If it's the latter you must be on that new krokodil drug that eats your brain.
-
Barring something big happening I don't see the Redskins or Giants taking a qb so maybe they'd be willing to trade their pick for Gordon and maybe something else? If we could get a shot at our franchise qb AND Clowney I'd trade Gordon for that in a heartbeat.
Barring something big happening I don't see the Redskins or Giants taking a qb so maybe they'd be willing to trade their pick for Gordon and maybe something else? If we could get a shot at our franchise qb AND Clowney I'd trade Gordon for that in a heartbeat.
So who is our new stud qb supposed to throw to? Greg Little? So we'll use our second round pick and draft another Massaquoi or Robiski. No thank you. Will you guys kindly drop the trade Gordon BS? If it works out the Giants are amenable to a trade, we offer them one of our surplus defensive players.
-
We control our own destiny. If we win out, we win the division. Trying to figure out where we will draft and who will be available at that spot is an exercise futility.
But have at it.
Z
Zombo said:
We control our own destiny. If we win out, we win the division. Trying to figure out where we will draft and who will be available at that spot is an exercise futility.
But have at it.
Z
I agree. I don't mind talking prospects, but trying to figure out who we will take is pretty useless until we know the draft order. Then you can try to project.
I will say that there seems to be several good QB prospects available. This might be a year where there isn't just one guy. If so, I hope we don't fall in love with one player and trade away. My hope is we let the draft come to us. I wouldn't mind moving up a few slots a give up a 2nd rounder, but I really hope we can use the bulk of these picks on other players.
I will also add that I might not even be against heading in to next season with Hoyer set to be the starter. Keep Weeden or Campbell as the primary back-up abd draft a less heralded QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login