Projected Draft Positions
-
Bradford had his best game Sunday. I don't think he's going anywhere. He has a 91 passer rating and 13/3.
As far as the Vikings, remember they signed Josh Freeman. Expect him to start soon. Depends on how he does but he's 25 and has had a couple great seasons already.
The givens are Jax, TB, and Cleveland. I think some teams will shop the second round (Arizona, for example).
-
The cool part about this draft is there's potentially six 1st round talent QB's available. Right now, the Jaguars are the only top 5 team I would consider a lock to take a QB. I think the Browns are going to be in an awesome situation to take a franchise level QB in the mid 1st round without having to trade it all away. All the other teams that have worse records than us (washington, oakland, carolina, Tamps, NYG, Bills, Falcons, Texans, Steelers, Vikings) all either have their guy or the verdict is still out on the QB they have. As of today, my ideal draft would be Hundley from UCLA and Mike Evans from A&M. Evans looks like he'll be an absolute monster in the NFL.
-
i don't like murray at all. i know he broke the record and everything, i just don't trust him. he doesn't show a lot of confidence or swagger and they always seem to lose the 'big' game. mizzou? really?
if we end up with him i won't hate it but i'd much rather be picking between boyd and mariota.
-
Barring something big happening I don't see the Redskins or Giants taking a qb so maybe they'd be willing to trade their pick for Gordon and maybe something else? If we could get a shot at our franchise qb AND Clowney I'd trade Gordon for that in a heartbeat.
-
You know its bad when your talking about the April draft in mid October.
-
You know its bad when your talking about the April draft in mid October.
You know its bad when your talking about the April draft in mid October.
The 2014 NFL draft is May 8-10. They couldn't get the Radio City Music Hall in April. And from now on it will be in May
-
I wouldn't mind Murray or Mettenberger as long as it's not one of our first rounders. I think Hoyer will be serviceable and we may be able to get a guy that can sit for a couple years and learn.
-
I can't imagine RG3's team doing worse than MIN and OAK. Glennon should water down TB's draft prospects. And I expect (hope) CLE ends up better than PIT.
-
Zombo said:
Our first pick will be the pick from Indy.
Zombo
u really think we're gonna trade down? Or do you think "our" pick will be later than Indy? If it's the latter you must be on that new krokodil drug that eats your brain.
-
Barring something big happening I don't see the Redskins or Giants taking a qb so maybe they'd be willing to trade their pick for Gordon and maybe something else? If we could get a shot at our franchise qb AND Clowney I'd trade Gordon for that in a heartbeat.
Barring something big happening I don't see the Redskins or Giants taking a qb so maybe they'd be willing to trade their pick for Gordon and maybe something else? If we could get a shot at our franchise qb AND Clowney I'd trade Gordon for that in a heartbeat.
So who is our new stud qb supposed to throw to? Greg Little? So we'll use our second round pick and draft another Massaquoi or Robiski. No thank you. Will you guys kindly drop the trade Gordon BS? If it works out the Giants are amenable to a trade, we offer them one of our surplus defensive players.
-
We control our own destiny. If we win out, we win the division. Trying to figure out where we will draft and who will be available at that spot is an exercise futility.
But have at it.
Z
Zombo said:
We control our own destiny. If we win out, we win the division. Trying to figure out where we will draft and who will be available at that spot is an exercise futility.
But have at it.
Z
I agree. I don't mind talking prospects, but trying to figure out who we will take is pretty useless until we know the draft order. Then you can try to project.
I will say that there seems to be several good QB prospects available. This might be a year where there isn't just one guy. If so, I hope we don't fall in love with one player and trade away. My hope is we let the draft come to us. I wouldn't mind moving up a few slots a give up a 2nd rounder, but I really hope we can use the bulk of these picks on other players.
I will also add that I might not even be against heading in to next season with Hoyer set to be the starter. Keep Weeden or Campbell as the primary back-up abd draft a less heralded QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him.
-
I talk about the draft year round, I love the draft. Even if we were 6-0 I would be talking about it and trying to predict who we will take.
Same here....and what you have to take into consideration is a team like the Eagles will sell the farm to move up as far as possible to get the QB Kelly wants
like Washington did. If the Browns have someone in particular in mind at QB, then they have to assure themselves a pick high enough to get him. I think that was the
key to the Richardson trade, and any others that still may happen.
-
I do believe that if we are not in a position to get the QB that we want that the FO will offer a lot to get where they need to be. Having the second 1st rounder will definitely help in moving up if necessary.
If Jacksonville finishes with the 1st overall pick I don't see them giving up the spot, pretty sure they draft Bridgewater. With Freeman starting for Minnesota this weekend, if he explodes then they may be out of the market for a QB. Tampa Bay with Glennon is still a mystery, if he performs well enough I can definitely see them willing to trade down to surround Glennon with more talent, same with Minnesota now that I think about it. I think St Louis via the Washington trade will continue to put playmakers around Sam Bradford.
Could be as low as 4 or as high as 2 in the QB pecking order.
-
Looking at the bottoms teams in the league and where I seem them and us finishing the regular season to determine our draft pick position.
Current Record Projected Finish
Jacksonville 0-6 2-14
Washington 1-4 4-12 (this pick goes to St Louis via the RG3 trade)
Minnesota 1-4 4-12
Oakland 2-4 4-12
Tampa Bay 0-5 4-12
Buffalo 2-4 5-11
NY Giants 0-6 5-11 maybe 6-10
Cleveland 3-3 6-10
Pittsburgh 1-4 7-9
With this our first 1st round pick would be around the #6 spot. The Colts should make the playoffs barring a meltdown and will make it to at least the division round of the playoffs which means they will be at least in the low 20's.
Of the teams I predicted to pick before us the ones that need a QB are Jacksonville, Minnesota. Tampa Bay and Oakland are toss ups to take a QB but I think they will give Glennon and Pryor more time to prove themselves. Ideally Jacksonville will pick 1st overall with St Louis via Washington picking #2 overall. Hopefully we can trade with St Louis to get up to the #2 spot to ensure we get our QB. Picking #2 would give us the option of either Boyd, Hundley or Mariota.
If Minnesota loses to Washington in Week 10 then they will probably pick #2 in which case they will take either Boyd, Hundley or Mariota and that leaves us with whoever they don't want.
Looking at the bottoms teams in the league and where I seem them and us finishing the regular season to determine our draft pick position.
Current Record Projected Finish
Jacksonville 0-6 2-14
Washington 1-4 4-12 (this pick goes to St Louis via the RG3 trade)
Minnesota 1-4 4-12
Oakland 2-4 4-12
Tampa Bay 0-5 4-12
Buffalo 2-4 5-11
NY Giants 0-6 5-11 maybe 6-10
Cleveland 3-3 6-10
Pittsburgh 1-4 7-9
Clearly a brilliant analysis since I have us finishing at 6-10...
... except...Can't see PTG finishing better than us... especially since 2 of the 6 wins I pegged for us were vs. PTG.
Also think that with EJ back in a month or so, BUF gets dangerous again.
Need to revisit this at the halfway pole...
I don't think the Redskins are going to finish that bad- and if they do, The Rams might just draft a qb in that spot if Bradford continues to be mediocre.
PS, IMHO the Jags, Vikes, and Bucs will almost certainly take QBs- that leaves us 4th in line barring a trade up.
I think the 'Skins are that bad and Bradford is one of those "just-good-enough" teaser QBs that the Rams will hang with him one more year. That means the Ram's phone will be ringing off the hook.
Jags definitely go QB. Vikes maybe, but depends on what Freeman shows them. Bucs? Got me... so many needs they may want to stockpile picks by trading down. Plus their HC just may make the back up he went with work.
The 2014 NFL draft is May 8-10. They couldn't get the Radio City Music Hall in April. And from now on it will be in May
Damn... now I need a new reason for putting off my tax return...
-
Browns fans need to cross their fingers that the Freeman-As-Viking arrangement works out, so that they don't draft a QB before CLE.
-
Barring something big happening I don't see the Redskins or Giants taking a qb so maybe they'd be willing to trade their pick for Gordon and maybe something else? If we could get a shot at our franchise qb AND Clowney I'd trade Gordon for that in a heartbeat.
So who is our new stud qb supposed to throw to? Greg Little? So we'll use our second round pick and draft another Massaquoi or Robiski. No thank you. Will you guys kindly drop the trade Gordon BS? If it works out the Giants are amenable to a trade, we offer them one of our surplus defensive players.
So who is our new stud qb supposed to throw to? Greg Little? So we'll use our second round pick and draft another Massaquoi or Robiski. No thank you. Will you guys kindly drop the trade Gordon BS? If it works out the Giants are amenable to a trade, we offer them one of our surplus defensive players.
Well yesterday I was amenable to trading Gordon but not exactly happy to do it, today different story. Dustin Fox did an all 22 look up of Gordon this season...if you didn't hear him on the bull and fox show you should see if there's a clip of it online. On the all-22, it shows Gordon literally jogging around when the play isn't coming to him. On a play with Weeden scrambling, Gordon sat in his zone and didn't run open...just stood there while Weeden's running for his life trying to find an open receiver. That coupled with Dustins comments on his run blocking, which we don't get to see real well on the TV....lead me to beleive we need to jet can this guy ASAP!! Fox brought up a good point that probably only people who played ball get...when Gordon does that shit, he's broadcasting the play to the defense. The secondary knows to run up when they see Gordon half ass it off the line. That's a big fucking deal and it's an even bigger fucking deal that the coaching staff has been letting it go on all season long.
-
So who is our new stud qb supposed to throw to? Greg Little? So we'll use our second round pick and draft another Massaquoi or Robiski. No thank you. Will you guys kindly drop the trade Gordon BS? If it works out the Giants are amenable to a trade, we offer them one of our surplus defensive players.
Well yesterday I was amenable to trading Gordon but not exactly happy to do it, today different story. Dustin Fox did an all 22 look up of Gordon this season...if you didn't hear him on the bull and fox show you should see if there's a clip of it online. On the all-22, it shows Gordon literally jogging around when the play isn't coming to him. On a play with Weeden scrambling, Gordon sat in his zone and didn't run open...just stood there while Weeden's running for his life trying to find an open receiver. That coupled with Dustins comments on his run blocking, which we don't get to see real well on the TV....lead me to beleive we need to jet can this guy ASAP!! Fox brought up a good point that probably only people who played ball get...when Gordon does that shit, he's broadcasting the play to the defense. The secondary knows to run up when they see Gordon half ass it off the line. That's a big fucking deal and it's an even bigger fucking deal that the coaching staff has been letting it go on all season long.
Well yesterday I was amenable to trading Gordon but not exactly happy to do it, today different story. Dustin Fox did an all 22 look up of Gordon this season...if you didn't hear him on the bull and fox show you should see if there's a clip of it online. On the all-22, it shows Gordon literally jogging around when the play isn't coming to him. On a play with Weeden scrambling, Gordon sat in his zone and didn't run open...just stood there while Weeden's running for his life trying to find an open receiver. That coupled with Dustins comments on his run blocking, which we don't get to see real well on the TV....lead me to beleive we need to jet can this guy ASAP!! Fox brought up a good point that probably only people who played ball get...when Gordon does that shit, he's broadcasting the play to the defense. The secondary knows to run up when they see Gordon half ass it off the line. That's a big fucking deal and it's an even bigger fucking deal that the coaching staff has been letting it go on all season long.
Problem is, Fox has no fucking clue as to what Gordon was actually supposed to do on a given play.
Yeah, let's shit-can a guy who's going to have (barring injury) the first 1,000 yard receiving season for the Browns in years, and is averaging 17.2 ypc. In 14 games, no less.
If Gordon is taking plays off, he's not the only WR that's done so. Randy Moss hmmm???
BTW, Chud said, "I'm the coach, I'm sticking with Weeden. Josh Gordon isn't getting traded." Live with it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login