Tebow Sighting
-
Sure he looked pretty good for a time. So, as I keep repeating, did Kelly Holcomb.
What was the score of the game when Hoyer got hurt and what was the final score?
WSS
Sure he looked pretty good for a time. So, as I keep repeating, did Kelly Holcomb.
What was the score of the game when Hoyer got hurt and what was the final score?
WSS
If you're implying Weeden won us the Buffalo game, I'd be careful.
That will really upset Ward and Benjamin, the guys who actually won us that game.
-
So gee I'm sorry Ward.
Maybe that's payback for losing the Detroit game and letting Weeden take the blame.
I've said it often enough I have no particular affection for Brandon Weeden. I just think it's ridiculous the way some of these guys go on and on about one position.
did you guys listen to the game on TV? Every time the Lions were three and seven or three and eight they would say this is just what Norv Turner loves! This is just the kind of 3rd down situation where he has all the options to work with. And then, bang, first down lions.
sure I'd have liked to see Brian Hoyer be Brian Sipe. I wanted to see Charlie Frye and Eric Zeier and Brady Quinn be Brian Sipe.
But even for you who think we'd be better off to put a uniform on your fucking paperboy this Sunday ......
WSS
-
So gee I'm sorry Ward.
Maybe that's payback for losing the Detroit game and letting Weeden take the blame.
I've said it often enough I have no particular affection for Brandon Weeden. I just think it's ridiculous the way some of these guys go on and on about one position.
did you guys listen to the game on TV? Every time the Lions were three and seven or three and eight they would say this is just what Norv Turner loves! This is just the kind of 3rd down situation where he has all the options to work with. And then, bang, first down lions.
sure I'd have liked to see Brian Hoyer be Brian Sipe. I wanted to see Charlie Frye and Eric Zeier and Brady Quinn be Brian Sipe.
But even for you who think we'd be better off to put a uniform on your fucking paperboy this Sunday ......
WSS
So gee I'm sorry Ward.
Maybe that's payback for losing the Detroit game and letting Weeden take the blame.
I've said it often enough I have no particular affection for Brandon Weeden. I just think it's ridiculous the way some of these guys go on and on about one position.
did you guys listen to the game on TV? Every time the Lions were three and seven or three and eight they would say this is just what Norv Turner loves! This is just the kind of 3rd down situation where he has all the options to work with. And then, bang, first down lions.
sure I'd have liked to see Brian Hoyer be Brian Sipe. I wanted to see Charlie Frye and Eric Zeier and Brady Quinn be Brian Sipe.
But even for you who think we'd be better off to put a uniform on your fucking paperboy this Sunday ......
WSS
wow steve, this is the most impassioned reply from you since you gave a bad movie review on the movie review forum.
nobody thinks that we are just playing weeden for the fuck of it. that's all that there's left to do. IMO if weeds blows and we're down by 2 tds come sunday then put campbell in and see if he can do better.
it's not like we hate weeden. it's that we hate weeden when he plays football, in the pocket with no sense of a pass rush, can't read the defense and throws pick 6s.
on any other team the dude would be benched and go to your next guy in line.
is there something that you see in weeden that everyone else doesn't?
-
can Tebow be used as any kinda of weapon on offensive. can he play TE, FB, QB, RG....?
-
It´s not a question if he CAN play a position besides QB, it´s just that he WON´T play any other position. It´s his dream to be an NFL QB and no other position will do.
-
he is a douche then. let him be unemployed.
-
It´s not a question if he CAN play a position besides QB, it´s just that he WON´T play any other position. It´s his dream to be an NFL QB and no other position will do.
It´s not a question if he CAN play a position besides QB, it´s just that he WON´T play any other position. It´s his dream to be an NFL QB and no other position will do.
Its not our fault that he is stupid.
And he is never, ever, ever running Norv Turners offense. Weeden and Campbell could be killed in a car wreck tomorrow and we wouldn't give Tebow a whiff.
John Fox completely redid his offense when he was stuck with Teblow to give his team a chance
.... That's not happening here... Let me put a Mercy Kill to this thread.
Z
-
can Tebow be used as any kinda of weapon on offensive. can he play TE, FB, QB, RG....?
He would likely be a good TE or FB. It is just that he is still in fantasy land believing he can be an NFL QB. He is an idiot for not taking the chance to switch positions and stay with the Patriots.
-
arrogance. stupidity, maybe he should persue being a pastor.
-
-
If someone told you before the season Weeden would be benched and Hoyer would be considered a 'Franchise QB Candidate' you would have called them an idiot.
And even then people can't think that there might be someone better out there, that could succeed in our system?
GTFO
It's not Tebow, everyone knows that. But exploring our options shouldn't be something any of our fans are against.
-
If someone told you before the season Weeden would be benched and Hoyer would be considered a 'Franchise QB Candidate' you would have called them an idiot.
And even then people can't think that there might be someone better out there, that could succeed in our system?
GTFO
It's not Tebow, everyone knows that. But exploring our options shouldn't be something any of our fans are against.
If someone told you before the season Weeden would be benched and Hoyer would be considered a 'Franchise QB Candidate' you would have called them an idiot.
And even then people can't think that there might be someone better out there, that could succeed in our system?
GTFO
It's not Tebow, everyone knows that. But exploring our options shouldn't be something any of our fans are against.
well if 'exploring our options means putting campbell in when weeden has us down 24 at the half, that's fine with me.
but to bring in some old scabbed up band aid to fix the problem is just stoopid at this point cuz we know if we doesn't find the mental aspect of the game within the next 3-4 weeks he is gone and we're drafting QB with our first pick next year. why spend money on some other guy that can't even make the roster of a team?
now freeman was a different story. i think that dude just needed to get out of tampa where the snow falls more freely than in aspen.
-
So gee I'm sorry Ward.
Maybe that's payback for losing the Detroit game and letting Weeden take the blame.
I've said it often enough I have no particular affection for Brandon Weeden. I just think it's ridiculous the way some of these guys go on and on about one position.
did you guys listen to the game on TV? Every time the Lions were three and seven or three and eight they would say this is just what Norv Turner loves! This is just the kind of 3rd down situation where he has all the options to work with. And then, bang, first down lions.
sure I'd have liked to see Brian Hoyer be Brian Sipe. I wanted to see Charlie Frye and Eric Zeier and Brady Quinn be Brian Sipe.
But even for you who think we'd be better off to put a uniform on your fucking paperboy this Sunday ......
WSS
wow steve, this is the most impassioned reply from you since you gave a bad movie review on the movie review forum.
nobody thinks that we are just playing weeden for the fuck of it. that's all that there's left to do. IMO if weeds blows and we're down by 2 tds come sunday then put campbell in and see if he can do better.
it's not like we hate weeden. it's that we hate weeden when he plays football, in the pocket with no sense of a pass rush, can't read the defense and throws pick 6s.
on any other team the dude would be benched and go to your next guy in line.
is there something that you see in weeden that everyone else doesn't?
wow steve, this is the most impassioned reply from you since you gave a bad movie review on the movie review forum.
nobody thinks that we are just playing weeden for the fuck of it. that's all that there's left to do. IMO if weeds blows and we're down by 2 tds come sunday then put campbell in and see if he can do better.
it's not like we hate weeden. it's that we hate weeden when he plays football, in the pocket with no sense of a pass rush, can't read the defense and throws pick 6s.
on any other team the dude would be benched and go to your next guy in line.
is there something that you see in weeden that everyone else doesn't?
Here's the thing Mike. I tend to root for whoever oyr starting quarterback is. I assume they got to be starting quarterback for a reason. I also think that like any offensive or defensive unit or any other player with physical talent will need time to grow in to the roleand learn to play a system with the guys you have. I don't I think if I told you after the second half of the Lions game that we should cut every defensive player and put in the 2nd and 3rd string that you would think it was a great idea? Or start telephoning guys who are home on the couch.
For the last 14 years its been the exact same old song. Quarterback X sucks we hate quarterback X quarterback X isn't the answer!! We the fans demand you put in quarterback Y. Then sing it again and substitute quarterback Z. And on and on and on. How's that working out for us?
Seriously have we had an offensive system or a quarterback for more than two years in a row?
But what say the fans make the rules. Okay Weeden through a bad pass. He didn't call that place but didn't handle it properly okay? Cut him put in Campbell. Campbell goes in and tosses an interception. Cut him and put in exactly whom?
How about like the TV show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire we just put and number under everyone's seat? So as soon as the quarterback has a bad play we pick a number out of the helmet and that guy suits up.
See I brought up Kelly Holcomb for a reason. He had a good start or two but as soon as he went in the tank people were screaming for his head. Unfortunately fans are basically idiots. Probably the most informed guy on this board, whoever he might be, knows less about the game then the guy who brings coffee to the guy that polishes Chuds boots.
I don't particularly love Brandon Weeden but for Christ's sake guys you'd think I was an idiot if I wanted to cut every player on the team that missed a tackle right? Or committed a foul in the end zone? or shanked a punt or missed a field goal or got popped for holding?
Remember last season when everybody was calling for Buster Skrines head?
I just want to put together a core of guys an offensive scheme and a defensive scheme and a coaching staff and let it roll for a few years rather than start over every single season.
WSS
-
If someone told you before the season Weeden would be benched and Hoyer would be considered a 'Franchise QB Candidate' you would have called them an idiot.
And even then people can't think that there might be someone better out there, that could succeed in our system?
GTFO
It's not Tebow, everyone knows that. But exploring our options shouldn't be something any of our fans are against.
well if 'exploring our options means putting campbell in when weeden has us down 24 at the half, that's fine with me.
but to bring in some old scabbed up band aid to fix the problem is just stoopid at this point cuz we know if we doesn't find the mental aspect of the game within the next 3-4 weeks he is gone and we're drafting QB with our first pick next year. why spend money on some other guy that can't even make the roster of a team?
now freeman was a different story. i think that dude just needed to get out of tampa where the snow falls more freely than in aspen.
well if 'exploring our options means putting campbell in when weeden has us down 24 at the half, that's fine with me.
but to bring in some old scabbed up band aid to fix the problem is just stoopid at this point cuz we know if we doesn't find the mental aspect of the game within the next 3-4 weeks he is gone and we're drafting QB with our first pick next year. why spend money on some other guy that can't even make the roster of a team?
now freeman was a different story. i think that dude just needed to get out of tampa where the snow falls more freely than in aspen.
You just said you didn't have a problem with Campbell becoming starter, then instantly contradicted that statement by saying you don't want an old scabbed up band aid.
Do you even know who Jason Campbell is?
-
wow steve, this is the most impassioned reply from you since you gave a bad movie review on the movie review forum.
nobody thinks that we are just playing weeden for the fuck of it. that's all that there's left to do. IMO if weeds blows and we're down by 2 tds come sunday then put campbell in and see if he can do better.
it's not like we hate weeden. it's that we hate weeden when he plays football, in the pocket with no sense of a pass rush, can't read the defense and throws pick 6s.
on any other team the dude would be benched and go to your next guy in line.
is there something that you see in weeden that everyone else doesn't?
Here's the thing Mike. I tend to root for whoever oyr starting quarterback is. I assume they got to be starting quarterback for a reason. I also think that like any offensive or defensive unit or any other player with physical talent will need time to grow in to the roleand learn to play a system with the guys you have. I don't I think if I told you after the second half of the Lions game that we should cut every defensive player and put in the 2nd and 3rd string that you would think it was a great idea? Or start telephoning guys who are home on the couch.
For the last 14 years its been the exact same old song. Quarterback X sucks we hate quarterback X quarterback X isn't the answer!! We the fans demand you put in quarterback Y. Then sing it again and substitute quarterback Z. And on and on and on. How's that working out for us?
Seriously have we had an offensive system or a quarterback for more than two years in a row?
But what say the fans make the rules. Okay Weeden through a bad pass. He didn't call that place but didn't handle it properly okay? Cut him put in Campbell. Campbell goes in and tosses an interception. Cut him and put in exactly whom?
How about like the TV show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire we just put and number under everyone's seat? So as soon as the quarterback has a bad play we pick a number out of the helmet and that guy suits up.
See I brought up Kelly Holcomb for a reason. He had a good start or two but as soon as he went in the tank people were screaming for his head. Unfortunately fans are basically idiots. Probably the most informed guy on this board, whoever he might be, knows less about the game then the guy who brings coffee to the guy that polishes Chuds boots.
I don't particularly love Brandon Weeden but for Christ's sake guys you'd think I was an idiot if I wanted to cut every player on the team that missed a tackle right? Or committed a foul in the end zone? or shanked a punt or missed a field goal or got popped for holding?
Remember last season when everybody was calling for Buster Skrines head?
I just want to put together a core of guys an offensive scheme and a defensive scheme and a coaching staff and let it roll for a few years rather than start over every single season.
WSS
Here's the thing Mike. I tend to root for whoever oyr starting quarterback is. I assume they got to be starting quarterback for a reason. I also think that like any offensive or defensive unit or any other player with physical talent will need time to grow in to the roleand learn to play a system with the guys you have. I don't I think if I told you after the second half of the Lions game that we should cut every defensive player and put in the 2nd and 3rd string that you would think it was a great idea? Or start telephoning guys who are home on the couch.
For the last 14 years its been the exact same old song. Quarterback X sucks we hate quarterback X quarterback X isn't the answer!! We the fans demand you put in quarterback Y. Then sing it again and substitute quarterback Z. And on and on and on. How's that working out for us?
Seriously have we had an offensive system or a quarterback for more than two years in a row?
But what say the fans make the rules. Okay Weeden through a bad pass. He didn't call that place but didn't handle it properly okay? Cut him put in Campbell. Campbell goes in and tosses an interception. Cut him and put in exactly whom?
How about like the TV show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire we just put and number under everyone's seat? So as soon as the quarterback has a bad play we pick a number out of the helmet and that guy suits up.
See I brought up Kelly Holcomb for a reason. He had a good start or two but as soon as he went in the tank people were screaming for his head. Unfortunately fans are basically idiots. Probably the most informed guy on this board, whoever he might be, knows less about the game then the guy who brings coffee to the guy that polishes Chuds boots.
I don't particularly love Brandon Weeden but for Christ's sake guys you'd think I was an idiot if I wanted to cut every player on the team that missed a tackle right? Or committed a foul in the end zone? or shanked a punt or missed a field goal or got popped for holding?
Remember last season when everybody was calling for Buster Skrines head?
I just want to put together a core of guys an offensive scheme and a defensive scheme and a coaching staff and let it roll for a few years rather than start over every single season.
WSS
I agree with all of that.
We need consistency from a scheme standpoint. We've had two major scheme switches in four years, both defensively and offensively.
But what do we stand to lose by bringing in Tebow? Weeden already seems to have made little friends in Cleveland, here we are two weeks after his injury and people are still talking about Hoyer. It's fairly obvious that we will be addressing QB in the next draft, barring 10 straight 400 yard, multi TD performances.
Why not see what we can do with Tebow? At the very least, he'll bring us media attention on the national level.
But he's a bad QB? So is Weeden. At least with Tebow there's an outside shot of some ridiculous magic play happening.
It would make this season, fucked as it is already (and believe me, it is fucked) more fun.
Oh, but we're only one game out of first? No. We were only one game out of first. Brian Hoyer was. Brandon Weeden is not. Brandon Weeden is 0-3 as a starter this year and has won only two games against any team in the AFCN in his career. Had Travis Benjamin not played outside of his norm, had TJ Ward not recorded his only pick six of his entire career, had EJ Manuel not been taken out...Weeden would be looking at a big goose egg in the win column.
Yanking a player after a missed tackle is ridiculous. Yanking a player after multiple missed tackles, well...then it starts to make sense.
Off hand, there are three TD's this season alone that I can recall that we didn't get strictly because of Weeden. Two of them were essentially game deciding TD's.
There are wide open players that he overthrows or doesn't even see. I was a big fan of Weeden but he doesn't seem to possess the mental acuity to be a successful NFL QB.
We will not win a game because of Weeden. We will win in spite of him. We will win because of great defensive play and innovative play calling. If the coaches retreat into their shells, the season is over.
So why not get Tebow? As crappy as he ultimately may be, he doesn't make that play at the end of the Detroit game.
And hey, if we somehow rejuvenate his career, we look like geniuses.
-
wow steve, this is the most impassioned reply from you since you gave a bad movie review on the movie review forum.
nobody thinks that we are just playing weeden for the fuck of it. that's all that there's left to do. IMO if weeds blows and we're down by 2 tds come sunday then put campbell in and see if he can do better.
it's not like we hate weeden. it's that we hate weeden when he plays football, in the pocket with no sense of a pass rush, can't read the defense and throws pick 6s.
on any other team the dude would be benched and go to your next guy in line.
is there something that you see in weeden that everyone else doesn't?
Here's the thing Mike. I tend to root for whoever oyr starting quarterback is. I assume they got to be starting quarterback for a reason. I also think that like any offensive or defensive unit or any other player with physical talent will need time to grow in to the roleand learn to play a system with the guys you have. I don't I think if I told you after the second half of the Lions game that we should cut every defensive player and put in the 2nd and 3rd string that you would think it was a great idea? Or start telephoning guys who are home on the couch.
For the last 14 years its been the exact same old song. Quarterback X sucks we hate quarterback X quarterback X isn't the answer!! We the fans demand you put in quarterback Y. Then sing it again and substitute quarterback Z. And on and on and on. How's that working out for us?
Seriously have we had an offensive system or a quarterback for more than two years in a row?
But what say the fans make the rules. Okay Weeden through a bad pass. He didn't call that place but didn't handle it properly okay? Cut him put in Campbell. Campbell goes in and tosses an interception. Cut him and put in exactly whom?
How about like the TV show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire we just put and number under everyone's seat? So as soon as the quarterback has a bad play we pick a number out of the helmet and that guy suits up.
See I brought up Kelly Holcomb for a reason. He had a good start or two but as soon as he went in the tank people were screaming for his head. Unfortunately fans are basically idiots. Probably the most informed guy on this board, whoever he might be, knows less about the game then the guy who brings coffee to the guy that polishes Chuds boots.
I don't particularly love Brandon Weeden but for Christ's sake guys you'd think I was an idiot if I wanted to cut every player on the team that missed a tackle right? Or committed a foul in the end zone? or shanked a punt or missed a field goal or got popped for holding?
Remember last season when everybody was calling for Buster Skrines head?
I just want to put together a core of guys an offensive scheme and a defensive scheme and a coaching staff and let it roll for a few years rather than start over every single season.
WSS
Here's the thing Mike. I tend to root for whoever oyr starting quarterback is. I assume they got to be starting quarterback for a reason. I also think that like any offensive or defensive unit or any other player with physical talent will need time to grow in to the roleand learn to play a system with the guys you have. I don't I think if I told you after the second half of the Lions game that we should cut every defensive player and put in the 2nd and 3rd string that you would think it was a great idea? Or start telephoning guys who are home on the couch.
For the last 14 years its been the exact same old song. Quarterback X sucks we hate quarterback X quarterback X isn't the answer!! We the fans demand you put in quarterback Y. Then sing it again and substitute quarterback Z. And on and on and on. How's that working out for us?
Seriously have we had an offensive system or a quarterback for more than two years in a row?
But what say the fans make the rules. Okay Weeden through a bad pass. He didn't call that place but didn't handle it properly okay? Cut him put in Campbell. Campbell goes in and tosses an interception. Cut him and put in exactly whom?
How about like the TV show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire we just put and number under everyone's seat? So as soon as the quarterback has a bad play we pick a number out of the helmet and that guy suits up.
See I brought up Kelly Holcomb for a reason. He had a good start or two but as soon as he went in the tank people were screaming for his head. Unfortunately fans are basically idiots. Probably the most informed guy on this board, whoever he might be, knows less about the game then the guy who brings coffee to the guy that polishes Chuds boots.
I don't particularly love Brandon Weeden but for Christ's sake guys you'd think I was an idiot if I wanted to cut every player on the team that missed a tackle right? Or committed a foul in the end zone? or shanked a punt or missed a field goal or got popped for holding?
Remember last season when everybody was calling for Buster Skrines head?
I just want to put together a core of guys an offensive scheme and a defensive scheme and a coaching staff and let it roll for a few years rather than start over every single season.
WSS
you make all the sense in the world with your reply.
the problem is not with us fans it's with our FO. what's the saying...."if i didn't have bad luck i'd have no luck at all"? well that's been us with the QB position since after kosar. i root for this team no matter what. it's just after seeing weeden throw bullet passes to a guy when touch is needed, or overthrow a guy in stride by five yards.......................and the pick 6's.......it gets tiresome and we demand and deserve better.
You just said you didn't have a problem with Campbell becoming starter, then instantly contradicted that statement by saying you don't want an old scabbed up band aid.
Do you even know who Jason Campbell is?
shut up couch. yeah campbell is a backup but i remember him actually playing some decent games for the skins. i mean like highlight reel stuff, AND HE IS ALREADY ON OUR ROSTER dumb ass. if you'd have actually read my post i was stating my disappointment if we were to sign another scab band aid. why do it when we already have one?
now take out your bloody napkin out from between your gaping bloody hole lips and take out the frozen cucumber that's in your freezer and have at it..
-
Here's the thing Mike. I tend to root for whoever oyr starting quarterback is. I assume they got to be starting quarterback for a reason. I also think that like any offensive or defensive unit or any other player with physical talent will need time to grow in to the roleand learn to play a system with the guys you have. I don't I think if I told you after the second half of the Lions game that we should cut every defensive player and put in the 2nd and 3rd string that you would think it was a great idea? Or start telephoning guys who are home on the couch.
For the last 14 years its been the exact same old song. Quarterback X sucks we hate quarterback X quarterback X isn't the answer!! We the fans demand you put in quarterback Y. Then sing it again and substitute quarterback Z. And on and on and on. How's that working out for us?
Seriously have we had an offensive system or a quarterback for more than two years in a row?
But what say the fans make the rules. Okay Weeden through a bad pass. He didn't call that place but didn't handle it properly okay? Cut him put in Campbell. Campbell goes in and tosses an interception. Cut him and put in exactly whom?
How about like the TV show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire we just put and number under everyone's seat? So as soon as the quarterback has a bad play we pick a number out of the helmet and that guy suits up.
See I brought up Kelly Holcomb for a reason. He had a good start or two but as soon as he went in the tank people were screaming for his head. Unfortunately fans are basically idiots. Probably the most informed guy on this board, whoever he might be, knows less about the game then the guy who brings coffee to the guy that polishes Chuds boots.
I don't particularly love Brandon Weeden but for Christ's sake guys you'd think I was an idiot if I wanted to cut every player on the team that missed a tackle right? Or committed a foul in the end zone? or shanked a punt or missed a field goal or got popped for holding?
Remember last season when everybody was calling for Buster Skrines head?
I just want to put together a core of guys an offensive scheme and a defensive scheme and a coaching staff and let it roll for a few years rather than start over every single season.
WSS
you make all the sense in the world with your reply.
the problem is not with us fans it's with our FO. what's the saying...."if i didn't have bad luck i'd have no luck at all"? well that's been us with the QB position since after kosar. i root for this team no matter what. it's just after seeing weeden throw bullet passes to a guy when touch is needed, or overthrow a guy in stride by five yards.......................and the pick 6's.......it gets tiresome and we demand and deserve better.
You just said you didn't have a problem with Campbell becoming starter, then instantly contradicted that statement by saying you don't want an old scabbed up band aid.
Do you even know who Jason Campbell is?
shut up couch. yeah campbell is a backup but i remember him actually playing some decent games for the skins. i mean like highlight reel stuff, AND HE IS ALREADY ON OUR ROSTER dumb ass. if you'd have actually read my post i was stating my disappointment if we were to sign another scab band aid. why do it when we already have one?
now take out your bloody napkin out from between your gaping bloody hole lips and take out the frozen cucumber that's in your freezer and have at it..
you make all the sense in the world with your reply.
the problem is not with us fans it's with our FO. what's the saying...."if i didn't have bad luck i'd have no luck at all"? well that's been us with the QB position since after kosar. i root for this team no matter what. it's just after seeing weeden throw bullet passes to a guy when touch is needed, or overthrow a guy in stride by five yards.......................and the pick 6's.......it gets tiresome and we demand and deserve better.
shut up couch. yeah campbell is a backup but i remember him actually playing some decent games for the skins. i mean like highlight reel stuff, AND HE IS ALREADY ON OUR ROSTER dumb ass. if you'd have actually read my post i was stating my disappointment if we were to sign another scab band aid. why do it when we already have one?
now take out your bloody napkin out from between your gaping bloody hole lips and take out the frozen cucumber that's in your freezer and have at it..
Campbell is more checked out than Delhomme was. He gives zero fucks, he's just collecting a paycheck.
We have to spend the money anyway. Spend it on a glorified media magnet.
-
Well Campbell does appear to suck. And as you know I've always been a fan of Tim Tebow, call it the rooting for the underdog thing. Plus I like the kids attitude drama and don't particularly care about his religion like some people do. My hesitation would be that unless we've made the decision to just cut Brandon Weeden, which i think is probably a dumb idea that only a fan would want, then you'll have a quarterback controversy for sure.
See it's basically my gut feeling that would like to see Tim Tebow here, not my tiny little bit of football knowledge.
As for Campbell apparently our coaching staff thinks he sucks, and remembering how we acquired him, so do other coaching staffs.
WSS
-
Well Campbell does appear to suck. And as you know I've always been a fan of Tim Tebow, call it the rooting for the underdog thing. Plus I like the kids attitude drama and don't particularly care about his religion like some people do. My hesitation would be that unless we've made the decision to just cut Brandon Weeden, which i think is probably a dumb idea that only a fan would want, then you'll have a quarterback controversy for sure.
See it's basically my gut feeling that would like to see Tim Tebow here, not my tiny little bit of football knowledge.
As for Campbell apparently our coaching staff thinks he sucks, and remembering how we acquired him, so do other coaching staffs.
WSS
I'm in the same boat. I literally could not care less about his religious beliefs nor his stances I anything political or social.Well Campbell does appear to suck. And as you know I've always been a fan of Tim Tebow, call it the rooting for the underdog thing. Plus I like the kids attitude drama and don't particularly care about his religion like some people do. My hesitation would be that unless we've made the decision to just cut Brandon Weeden, which i think is probably a dumb idea that only a fan would want, then you'll have a quarterback controversy for sure.
See it's basically my gut feeling that would like to see Tim Tebow here, not my tiny little bit of football knowledge.
As for Campbell apparently our coaching staff thinks he sucks, and remembering how we acquired him, so do other coaching staffs.
WSS
I tend to look at it from both a personnel standpoint and a marketing standpoint.
Speaking X's and O's:
Cons
-he has a slow, extended release
-he's left handed, essentially negating Thomas' value
-he's going to take a couple games to really learn the playbook
-he's not an accurate passer on short-intermediate routes
-multiple examples of holding on to the ball for more than 8 seconds before making a read
Pros
-he's a very talented athlete in many areas
-he is very capable of extending plays with his athleticism
-he has a big arm
-his downfield accuracy is much better than his short/intermediate
-fair to above average pocket awareness, doesn't tend to take sacks without making at least one person miss
-very good open field runner
Intangibles
-great locker room influence
-natural leader
-winning tradition
-makes plays
-has God on speed dial
All kidding aside, his cons are the same ones Weeden struggles with, yet his pros blow Weeden out if the water. Not even factoring age or the overall impact it would have on our franchise's fanbase, it doesn't seem like the worst move we can make.
From a big picture view, only one thing really needs to be said:
Tim Tebow sells merchandise.
As a rookie, his jersey was the 5th highest sold in the entire NFL.
The next season, he moved to 2nd.
After being traded to NY and throwing only 8 passes, it dropped to 13th. Still a Top 15 jersey, as a third string QB.
I'm not sure on the figures, but suffice it to say, he will make us a hell of a lot more money than Weeden. Money that, under the new CBA, has to be turned around and invested right back into us instead of lining Jimmy's pockets.
Obviously, we aren't doing it. But it does make sense.
-
The kid was brilliant in some of those late wins during his playoff season in Denver. It seemed as if he almost willed his team to win while getting the best out of his
teammates. Too bad he can't will his way to having more pro football qb fundamentals.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login