Skip to content

While Scoping Out QB Prospects... Who Else are You Noticing?

The Browns Board
31 13 1.2k
  • Eric Ebron looks like he will be a playmaker.. Evans draft position will be on his 40 he runs 4.4 lock for early first.

  • josh mccown? wasn't he on the browns squad for a second?

  • Watching Jameis last nite I could not help but notice the Fla St RB, DeVonta Freeman.

    He's a very stout, very quick 5' 8 Junior, but is not scheduled to graduate until 2015.

  • Tajh is back in the mix. Manziel is moving up. Carr is interesting.

  • This is a QB free zone, Shep... 😉

  • Bo Wallace from ole miss?

  • Call me crazy, but I'd still love to see something of a production line of OSU players making it to the Browns roster. Local guys, who know what it's like in Ohio, wouldn't have to make massive lifestyle adjustments outside of football. I don't know, I guess I'd just like to see one of the top college teams being a feeder team to the Browns. So if you have a toss up, take the guy from OSU.

    Carlos Hyde, Dion Lewis and Fozzy/Ogbonnaya?

  • Call me crazy, but I'd still love to see something of a production line of OSU players making it to the Browns roster. Local guys, who know what it's like in Ohio, wouldn't have to make massive lifestyle adjustments outside of football. I don't know, I guess I'd just like to see one of the top college teams being a feeder team to the Browns. So if you have a toss up, take the guy from OSU.

    Carlos Hyde, Dion Lewis and Fozzy/Ogbonnaya?

    @gftchris said:

    Call me crazy, but I'd still love to see something of a production line of OSU players making it to the Browns roster. Local guys, who know what it's like in Ohio, wouldn't have to make massive lifestyle adjustments outside of football. I don't know, I guess I'd just like to see one of the top college teams being a feeder team to the Browns. So if you have a toss up, take the guy from OSU.

    Carlos Hyde, Dion Lewis and Fozzy/Ogbonnaya?

    That hasn't worked out quite as well as we should hope. Since the 1970 merger the Browns have drafted 9 Ohio State players:

    Larry Zelina DNP in the NFL

    Dick Wakefield DNP in the NFL

    Dan Scott DNP in the NFL

    Jim Cope 6 game career

    Tom Skladany...a punter....but the best of the bunch. Made on Pro Bowl

    Mike Krerowiscz 3 game career

    Craig Powell...a first round bust 14 game career

    Darnell Sanders 28 game career

    Brian Robiskie....second round bust.

    Or, perhaps you are right....they should be drafting more OSU players thus increasing their chances of getting the good ones instead of taking the bad ones.

    After all, pre 1970 they didn't do too bad:

    Bo Scott, serviceable fullback for several years

    Paul Warfield HOF WR

    John Havlicek HOF....in basketball

    Jim Houston...ring of Honor member

    Jim Marshall....near HOF...just not for Browns..Vikings

    Dick Shafrath...near HOF

    Fred Bruney...2 time Pro Bowl DB

    Joe Campanella...5 year LS starter

    and don't forget pre NFL acquisitions:

    Lou Groza HOF

    Dante Lavelli HOF

    Bill Willis HOF

    Dick LeBeau HOF...for the Lions

  • Well in tonite's Stanford - Oregon tilt a couple Stanford players stood out.

    Tyler Gaffney (Sr. RB)

    45 carries for 157? What a workhorse! Nice size at 6'1 and 226. Not terribly fast, but in the upper 4.5's not bad.

    Shayne Skov (5Sr. ILB)

    Love the mohawk... really love the fire. Good size at 6'2 245.

    DraftScout has him as the #2 ILB and a 3rd round. Lists his 40 time in the 4.9's??? Seemed to fly around faster than that...

    Combine will tell the story...

  • Well in tonite's Stanford - Oregon tilt a couple Stanford players stood out.

    Tyler Gaffney (Sr. RB)

    45 carries for 157? What a workhorse! Nice size at 6'1 and 226. Not terribly fast, but in the upper 4.5's not bad.

    Shayne Skov (5Sr. ILB)

    Love the mohawk... really love the fire. Good size at 6'2 245.

    DraftScout has him as the #2 ILB and a 3rd round. Lists his 40 time in the 4.9's??? Seemed to fly around faster than that...

    Combine will tell the story...

    @tour2ma said:

    Well in tonite's Stanford - Oregon tilt a couple Stanford players stood out.

    Tyler Gaffney (Sr. RB)

    45 carries for 157? What a workhorse! Nice size at 6'1 and 226. Not terribly fast, but in the upper 4.5's not bad.

    Yes, but we have seen Stanford RBs before.....Tommy Vardell, Owen Marecic. (and on other teams the likes of Gearhart). They are pluggers in college, but they don't seem to translate to the pros.

    Shayne Skov (5Sr. ILB)

    Love the mohawk... really love the fire. Good size at 6'2 245.

    DraftScout has him as the #2 ILB and a 3rd round. Lists his 40 time in the 4.9's??? Seemed to fly around faster than that...

    Combine will tell the story...

    Mid to late rounder?