Skip to content

We Done With Weeden

The Browns Board
190 54 7.2k
  • Captain Shovelpass? That's awesome!!

    Seriously though, I'm not kidding at all, cut him tonight, there is no point in one more play for this doofus. He is awful, I can't stand to watch this idiot with three brain cells in his head under center. Give me Campbell, Tebow, anything. Please, no more Brandy Weeden.

  • The fans have to be louder killing this guy. They can't keep trotting brandy out there.

  • I agree. The home crowd needs to be merciless booing him from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. If they are going to keep trotting this piece of garbage out, then there has to be a price to pay.

  • I agree. The home crowd needs to be merciless booing him from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. If they are going to keep trotting this piece of garbage out, then there has to be a price to pay.

    @d-bone said:

    I agree. The home crowd needs to be merciless booing him from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. If they are going to keep trotting this piece of garbage out, then there has to be a price to pay.

    the boooing needs to be on the same level seen in a pissburg strip club when the local, hairy-arm-pitted, toothless sows sashay their nasty asses around to the sounds of Hank Williams. we all have our limits.

  • It's been nothing but suffering for the last 14 years or whatever since this team came back. If they want to keep trotting this moron out there under center then I'm going to stop planning my Sundays around sitting and watching, which is apparently my punishment for being a diehard Browns fan. I can just DVR it and fast forward through the follies on Sunday night I guess.

    What are the coaches thinking? Don't they see what we see? How can they believe this heartless clueless clown is our best chance to win? I would cut him ASAP. Whatever comes next cannot possibly be worse.

  • he'll play because the FO wants a top 5 pick.

  • That's bullshit... every year I hear the same thing..."next year we will get our f-ing QB"...we cant draft for shit and I cant stand that our only hope is for next year! Get ANYONE!!!!!! for a QB this year! I don't care who the f it is! Give me Tebow! at least show that they see and know Weeden sucks and at least the FO is trying! This is pissing me off so bad!

  • It's been nothing but suffering for the last 14 years or whatever since this team came back. If they want to keep trotting this moron out there under center then I'm going to stop planning my Sundays around sitting and watching, which is apparently my punishment for being a diehard Browns fan. I can just DVR it and fast forward through the follies on Sunday night I guess.

    What are the coaches thinking? Don't they see what we see? How can they believe this heartless clueless clown is our best chance to win? I would cut him ASAP. Whatever comes next cannot possibly be worse.

    @4browns said:

    It's been nothing but suffering for the last 14 years or whatever since this team came back. If they want to keep trotting this moron out there under center then I'm going to stop planning my Sundays around sitting and watching, which is apparently my punishment for being a diehard Browns fan. I can just DVR it and fast forward through the follies on Sunday night I guess.

    What are the coaches thinking? Don't they see what we see? How can they believe this heartless clueless clown is our best chance to win? I would cut him ASAP. Whatever comes next cannot possibly be worse.

    ^+1. That's exactly what I did today. The guy I usually go over to watch the game with wasn't hosting- so I got a real nice 25 mile bike ride in in beautiful weather- DVRed the game, ordered up a pizza and sat down to watch the suckage in fast forward with a bottle of wine. After 10 minutes of watching the debacle, make that 2 bottles.

    It sort of reminded me of the "Dark Years" when we didn't have Browns football- because with Wee-don't at the controls, we don't have much of a chance to win. May as well do something more productive on Sunday afternoons in the Fall.

    Only saving grace would have been if eephus toss #2 had gotten turned into a pick 6 is seeing Chud kick Weeden in the ass, and send him to the locker room.

  • The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.

    Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.

  • Anyone notice after Cameron caught the TD pass that he totally looked the other way when Weedon ran up to congratulate him?

  • Weeden sucks, and should be gone. But our tackling sucked yesterday also. We sucked all around.

  • This asshole SUCKS!!!! The game yesterday should have signified the end of him as the starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns! Unfortunately, I think we'll be riding this trainwreck the rest of the season!

  • I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.

  • The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.

    Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.

    @legacy-fan said:

    The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.

    Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.

    I'm not sure if that's the case. Haslam does not strike me as a guy who isn't willing to throw some money around for winning football games. The truth of the situation IMO is that the FO knows they need a top 10 pick to draft a franchise QB. With Campbell in you might be getting a win or two Weeden doesn't. Either way with the schedule the way it is you go from 5-11 to maybe 7-9. I'll take wins over draft position any day, but the way they stacked the draft already points to what I'm saying.

  • ^^ I'd have to agree. Frustrating shit. and I thought he would do well.

  • Okay, I posted this in another thread, but Zombo understandably gave a green

    light to more threads on Weeden right now, so....

    Now that I've calmed down,... nah. I'm still disgusted.

    *****************************************************************

    The plain truth is, Weeden is choking because he's trying to be what he isn't -

    a qb who sees the field. Maybe Weeden should be a backup kicker or something.

    The major goat award goes to Weeden. I really don't want to see him play again.

    A baseball bouncing off a big shagbark hickory tree would bounce more consistently

    than Weeden passes a football.

    But there are other goats as well. Carder? cut him next year. He just makes stupid mistakes

    at bad times.

    And Martin, whoever he is? Excuse me, but he's in PRO BALL and he doesn't understand that

    he can't be offsides on a kickoff, especially an onside kick?

    Seriously? Cut him next year.

    And Buster Skrine. Just when you root for him being a terrific little bitty cb....he lets revievers "sit"

    well in front of him, and lets them catch it. Then he gets run over. I like Buster in a dime package.

    But a nickel? nah. I give up on him.

    But Weeden is a disgrace to pro football, simply by getting the ball out of there quickly.

    Because, he can't do both, get it out quickly, and make the correct decisions and throws.

    And he isn't elusive in the pocket.

    That's one out of three, Weeds. Glad you made it to the pros, but you are a backup.

    The call on Gipson was trash, and some non calls on pass

    interference and holding made me wonder about certain refs being so smiling and friendly with the

    GB coach.

    And really, Weeds? You throw a cannon ball on a 5 yard outlet pass, and behind the rb? You don't know better?

    Sure you do. But you know it about 3 seconds later, after you throw it.

    Even the wr's were embarrased by Weeds being ...himself. Mountain Man on Duck Dynasty

    could make quicker, better decisions than Weeds at qb.

    The Browns need to draft TWO qb's next year. One, earlier, to replace Weeden, and the second one to be third string.

    dammit, that was pitiful. The upside is, - another real cb, and this defense is a top defense in the NFL next year. But Weeden's mistakes throw the tempo of the game in the crapper for the defense.

  • I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.

    It certainly goes up there with some the eggs DA put up in 08/09 that's for sure.

  • I knew on their first possession when they went 3 and out that it was going to be a long day.

  • I feel bad for the talent on the team now, I mean the D held the Pack to seventeen until late 3rd quarter ! With a half capable QB in there it would have been a game, a boost and it would have made GB panic a little and make some mistakes??

    I applaud you Browns "D" as much as I curse the inept bufooon Weeden..

  • so, now that we've all had some time to get that "I wish I hadn't eaten that chili and watched Weeden

    play like that at the same time" feeling to subside:

    Nothing on Weeden personally. He tries hard, but he doesn't have certain skills. He pushed it with the

    get the ball out quick job because Green Bay is an outstanding football team. His timing, passing,

    moving...went on "TILT".

    At least I don't despise Weeden as a person. Like I did Dumbass Anderson, who often was laughing

    on the bench after throwing costly interceptions, and playing like crap.

    The truth is, as whatever the name of that law is....that Weeden has risen to his level of incompetence.

    Weeden is a big tall cannon armed kid without the perception and quick field reading skills to do the right things real fast. That's all. He has climbed to the level of football where he can't excel. Or even put a little touch on passes, or...the list goes on.

    All this talent, with no Hoyer or Sipe or Kosar or Bill Nelson to put it all together.

    Some people aren't good at jig saw puzzles. I'm not. One time, my Wife, and a friend and her daughter were

    working on a 1200 piece puzzle, of the mountains. So, I tried to help. The three of them kept looking around

    a thousand jig saw pieces, and kept picking one up, and putting it in it's place. Constantly. At a fast pace.

    I never did find one ()*^&&^%*&^ piece. Maybe it's a woman thing. Wait, I did find one piece... a corner. But I put

    in on the top, and it was a bottom corner.

    That's how I see Weeden. There are certain skills he doesn't have. He can compensate for them to a degree,

    but that takes more time. Need to make qb decisions quicker? Anderson/Weeden disasters is what

    we all get. Push comes to shove, Weeden doesn't have "it" to work that quickly.

    He does care, and he isn't stupid, like Anderson was. Weeds just "TILTed", and the Browns

    chances of winning wilted, and...

    dammit.