Skip to content

We Done With Weeden

The Browns Board
190 54 7.2k
  • I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.

    It certainly goes up there with some the eggs DA put up in 08/09 that's for sure.

  • I knew on their first possession when they went 3 and out that it was going to be a long day.

  • I feel bad for the talent on the team now, I mean the D held the Pack to seventeen until late 3rd quarter ! With a half capable QB in there it would have been a game, a boost and it would have made GB panic a little and make some mistakes??

    I applaud you Browns "D" as much as I curse the inept bufooon Weeden..

  • so, now that we've all had some time to get that "I wish I hadn't eaten that chili and watched Weeden

    play like that at the same time" feeling to subside:

    Nothing on Weeden personally. He tries hard, but he doesn't have certain skills. He pushed it with the

    get the ball out quick job because Green Bay is an outstanding football team. His timing, passing,

    moving...went on "TILT".

    At least I don't despise Weeden as a person. Like I did Dumbass Anderson, who often was laughing

    on the bench after throwing costly interceptions, and playing like crap.

    The truth is, as whatever the name of that law is....that Weeden has risen to his level of incompetence.

    Weeden is a big tall cannon armed kid without the perception and quick field reading skills to do the right things real fast. That's all. He has climbed to the level of football where he can't excel. Or even put a little touch on passes, or...the list goes on.

    All this talent, with no Hoyer or Sipe or Kosar or Bill Nelson to put it all together.

    Some people aren't good at jig saw puzzles. I'm not. One time, my Wife, and a friend and her daughter were

    working on a 1200 piece puzzle, of the mountains. So, I tried to help. The three of them kept looking around

    a thousand jig saw pieces, and kept picking one up, and putting it in it's place. Constantly. At a fast pace.

    I never did find one ()*^&&^%*&^ piece. Maybe it's a woman thing. Wait, I did find one piece... a corner. But I put

    in on the top, and it was a bottom corner.

    That's how I see Weeden. There are certain skills he doesn't have. He can compensate for them to a degree,

    but that takes more time. Need to make qb decisions quicker? Anderson/Weeden disasters is what

    we all get. Push comes to shove, Weeden doesn't have "it" to work that quickly.

    He does care, and he isn't stupid, like Anderson was. Weeds just "TILTed", and the Browns

    chances of winning wilted, and...

    dammit.

  • Okay, sorry for rambling, but I think now I can go fix breakfast.....

  • The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.

    Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.

    @legacy-fan said:

    The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.

    Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.

    WERD

    I got a TRich jersey and being in CT i got to watch two Browns games this year, first one I see Hoyer get injured and the second I get to watch the jackass Weeden UCK UP another game.

    If I didn't have a fortune in Browns paraphenalia amssed over almost 40 years of being a fan I'd be off this trainwreck and onto another team !

  • The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.

    Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.

    @legacy-fan said:

    The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.

    Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.

    This IS why we are not seeing Campbell. JC is guaranteed only 500K. The rest of his contract is in incentives. The more he plays, the more TD's he throws, the more we pay the guy. It's what makes sense because nothing else does. I hate to think that they keep starting Weeden over a few bucks, but that is probably the case. And IMO, it's not Chud starting weeden... It's coming from the top. Someone else is calling the shots, even though Chud get's the blame.

  • @legacy-fan said:

    The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.

    Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.

    This IS why we are not seeing Campbell. JC is guaranteed only 500K. The rest of his contract is in incentives. The more he plays, the more TD's he throws, the more we pay the guy. It's what makes sense because nothing else does. I hate to think that they keep starting Weeden over a few bucks, but that is probably the case. And IMO, it's not Chud starting weeden... It's coming from the top. Someone else is calling the shots, even though Chud get's the blame.

    @brownskidd said:

    This IS why we are not seeing Campbell. JC is guaranteed only 500K. The rest of his contract is in incentives. The more he plays, the more TD's he throws, the more we pay the guy. It's what makes sense because nothing else does. I hate to think that they keep starting Weeden over a few bucks, but that is probably the case. And IMO, it's not Chud starting weeden... It's coming from the top. Someone else is calling the shots, even though Chud get's the blame.

    They were speculating about that on The Fan this morning! If thats the case, I hope the season ticket holders tell the Browns to stick it up their ass next year when they come calling for renewals!!! You play to WIN THE GOD DAMNED GAME!!!! 😡

  • trade for ryan mallet.

    belichick loves him some draft picks.

  • trade for ryan mallet.

    belichick loves him some draft picks.

    @miktoxic said:

    trade for ryan mallet.

    belichick loves him some draft picks.

    It's almost tempting now.

  • Rob Chudzinski considering benching Brandon Weeden after Cleveland Browns' loss Sunday at Green Bay

    BEREA, Ohio - Cleveland Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said today he will talk to his staff this afternoon and determine whether or not bench Brandon Weeden, who dropped to 0-4 as a starter this season with a poor performance in Sunday's 31-13 loss at Green Bay.

    "At all positions we're considering (change),'' Chudzinski said in a noon meeting with reporters. "We do that every week.''

    He acknowledged that last Monday he said he was sticking with Weeden and that the players hadn't lost confidence in the quarterback. He didn't try to hide the fact that he's waffling now.

    "We'll play whoever gives us the best chance to win,'' Chudzinski said.

    He stressed, "It's not all Brandon. That's just the thing you look at. Brandon needs to play better (everyone does).''

    If Weeden is benched, Jason Campbell will start Sunday's game at 7-0 Kansas City. Brian Hoyer, the Browns' other quarterback entering the season, suffered a knee injury after starting against Buffalo on Oct. 3 and is out for the season.

    On Sunday, Weeden was unable to overcome his abysmal start to the game. The Browns fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter and 17-3 at halftime. They fell to 3-4 on the season.

    "I'm not discouraged,'' said Weeden after the game. "The last thing we need to do is get discouraged this early.''

    Weeden began the game with a costly three-and-out and then his sixth interception of the season to help spot the Packers their 14-0 edge. He fell to 5-14 in his career as an NFL starter.

    He had a 1.7 rating at the end of the first quarter on 2-for-11 passing and the pick, and a 16.4 mark at the end of the half on a 5-for-14 performance for 48 yards. By the time the carnage was over, Weeden had completed 17-of-42 attempts (40 percent) for 149 yards with one touchdown -- a beautiful 2-yard strike to Jordan Cameron in a tight window in the end zone -- and the one pick for a 48.6 rating.

    Weeden had his full compliment of skill players at his disposal and couldn't get the job done. What's more, he was working against a defense missing three of its four starting linebackers including Pro Bowler Clay Matthews.

    In Weeden's defense, several of his passes were dropped, including an early one by Davone Bess and a later one by Josh Gordon, but he struggled to get the ball to his playmakers. Gordon caught only two passes for for 21 yards -- and both of those came in the fourth quarter. Bess caught two of his six targets for 11 yards.

    "Obviously it's very disappointing,'' said Weeden after the game. "We want to play well and that's what we're paid to do. We have no shortage of confidence. We're just not doing enough at the right time to get over the hump. But we're battling. We're fighting hard to the very end.''

    Weeden stumbled out of the gate. He overthrew Greg Little twice on sideline passes on his opening drive, including once when Little was wide open on third and 9 to force a punt. Chudzinski attributed it to the conditions, but Weeden refused to use it as an excuse.

    "The ball was slippery, but Aaron was throwing the ball just fine in it,'' he said.

  • Screw considering it! DO IT!!!!!!

  • It's good news regardless. I was starting to worry that they were going to let him go the distance.

    I'd rather see us look for an outside hire, however. I don't trust Campbell as far as Colt McCoy can throw Brandon Weeden.

  • Aaaand fuck us...

    @JasonLaCanfora: Browns sticking with Weeden as starter this week, after considering change. But wouldn't be surprised to see J. Campbell get a look soon

  • Aaaand fuck us...

    @JasonLaCanfora: Browns sticking with Weeden as starter this week, after considering change. But wouldn't be surprised to see J. Campbell get a look soon

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Aaaand fuck us...

    @JasonLaCanfora: Browns sticking with Weeden as starter this week, after considering change. But wouldn't be surprised to see J. Campbell get a look soon

    It will probably be when it's 40-0 this Sunday vs Kansas City is when we'll see Campbell! 😠

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Aaaand fuck us...

    @JasonLaCanfora: Browns sticking with Weeden as starter this week, after considering change. But wouldn't be surprised to see J. Campbell get a look soon

    It will probably be when it's 40-0 this Sunday vs Kansas City is when we'll see Campbell! 😠

    @djdawg2010 said:

    It will probably be when it's 40-0 this Sunday vs Kansas City is when we'll see Campbell! 😠

    I don't know why, but I'm not nearly as scared of KC as I am of any other team we've faced. I can see a low scoring game between us, assuming the defense from two weeks ago shows up.

    They don't have any one player that can beat us, they win by playing smart, spreading the ball around, attacking weaknesses, and capitalizing on field position and turnovers.

  • This coaching staff is starting to piss me off, along with management.

  • This coaching staff is starting to piss me off, along with management.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    This coaching staff is starting to piss me off, along with management.

    Me too! All I could do was laugh and shake my head in disbelief after watching the game yesterday. What pisses me off is that we were in the race to win this division! Nnow Cincinnati is 2 games up, and low and behold here comes that shithead team from Western PA creeping back into the mix! 😡

  • that kc defense is very good! if suck ass starts look for him to shat himself before the 1st qtr is over and throw another shovel pass. i see j campbell coming in at some point.

  • J Campbell will have to play on Sunday because B - Wizzle will hold onto the ball to long and Tamba Hali will kill him and maybe his Dad