We Done With Weeden
-
Weeds will need the D to hold KC to 12-16 points, cause against good teams we only score 13-17 points
-
I think he has to bench weeden when they come home against Baltimore. I expect the fans to tear him up.
-
The FO is saving $2mil by not paying Jason Campbell playing time escalators in his contract.
Think of that next time you want to buy a jersey or piece of browns gear. It'll be a while before I do.
This IS why we are not seeing Campbell. JC is guaranteed only 500K. The rest of his contract is in incentives. The more he plays, the more TD's he throws, the more we pay the guy. It's what makes sense because nothing else does. I hate to think that they keep starting Weeden over a few bucks, but that is probably the case. And IMO, it's not Chud starting weeden... It's coming from the top. Someone else is calling the shots, even though Chud get's the blame.
This IS why we are not seeing Campbell. JC is guaranteed only 500K. The rest of his contract is in incentives. The more he plays, the more TD's he throws, the more we pay the guy. It's what makes sense because nothing else does. I hate to think that they keep starting Weeden over a few bucks, but that is probably the case. And IMO, it's not Chud starting weeden... It's coming from the top. Someone else is calling the shots, even though Chud get's the blame.
$2 million this year is peanuts against all the cap room we have. Though it is confusing why Chud is being so slow on the trigger to bench Weeden. MHO is KC is his last shot- no way he can put Weeden in at home against the Ratbirds- he'll get booed off the field when he tosses his first bad pass.
-
I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.
I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.
It ranks up there- I saw Weeden's qbr was like 1.7 after the first quarter, and 48 for the game. I think Anderson laid a perfect goose egg in his tenure here, though I must have blocked that one out of my memory.
-
This IS why we are not seeing Campbell. JC is guaranteed only 500K. The rest of his contract is in incentives. The more he plays, the more TD's he throws, the more we pay the guy. It's what makes sense because nothing else does. I hate to think that they keep starting Weeden over a few bucks, but that is probably the case. And IMO, it's not Chud starting weeden... It's coming from the top. Someone else is calling the shots, even though Chud get's the blame.
$2 million this year is peanuts against all the cap room we have. Though it is confusing why Chud is being so slow on the trigger to bench Weeden. MHO is KC is his last shot- no way he can put Weeden in at home against the Ratbirds- he'll get booed off the field when he tosses his first bad pass.
$2 million this year is peanuts against all the cap room we have. Though it is confusing why Chud is being so slow on the trigger to bench Weeden. MHO is KC is his last shot- no way he can put Weeden in at home against the Ratbirds- he'll get booed off the field when he tosses his first bad pass.
It's gonna get really ugly on the lakefront if Weeden starts against the Ratbirds and shits the bed!
-
I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.
I don't think I have ever seen any Browns QB play as bad as Weeden did yesterday.
Come on man probably 18 of the last 19 starting QB's for the Browns have had games as bad and even worse. I can not blame you if you either have selective memory or just erased them from you mind
It ranks up there- I saw Weeden's qbr was like 1.7 after the first quarter, and 48 for the game. I think Anderson laid a perfect goose egg in his tenure here, though I must have blocked that one out of my memory.
I know Jeff Garcia had a ZERO rating for the Browns.
-
I'm not sure what the coaching staff is considering. Career numbers:
Weeden 56.2% 6.4 y/a 19 TD 23 INT 70.9 Rating
Campbell 60.8% 6.7 y/a 76 TD 52 INT 82.4 Rating
Weeden is sacked at a higher rate, throws interceptions at a higher rate, loses football games at a higher rate ...
Why are we playing the poor QB instead of the average QB?
Zombo
-
Those stats from Campbell were in his prime. The fact that the staff hasn't replaced Weedone with JC already speaks volumes of Campbells ability (or lack there of).
I'm finding it hard to find any motivation for the remainder of this season with this jackass at the helm, honest to god worst ive seen in Cleveland in my life. Hell the Jacksonville game will be competative!
-
The choice is...well it is obvious
My question is what in the heck could have Campbell done do not even getting near the field and I am not buying it is money related as what was suggested in another thread....but man Weeden is flat out horrible. I wanted Weeden to work out when we picked him and held out hope until Hoyer took the field and *poof* our very mediocre to poor team instantly looked and played like competitive winners
It is just really...really odd
-
In his prime? He's a year older than Weeden, was 4-2 with an 84 rating in Oakland as the starter two years ago before being injured. Has he fallen off a cliff at 31? If so ... why did we sign him?
He HAS to better than what we have been treated to the last two weeks.
Zombo
-
Worst draft pick since 99, even tops Veikune ... at this point anyone is better.. wish we still had Colt or Thad LEwis.
-
Worst draft pick since 99, even tops Veikune ... at this point anyone is better.. wish we still had Colt or Thad LEwis.
Worst draft pick since 99, even tops Veikune ... at this point anyone is better.. wish we still had Colt or Thad LEwis.
Wow topping Veikune is a feat...man this is depressing
-
If Campbell is so bad, why the feck is he still a backup? Why pay the guy anything if you can't put him in to play? Just to sit there in his clean uniform?
-
If Campbell is so bad, why the feck is he still a backup? Why pay the guy anything if you can't put him in to play? Just to sit there in his clean uniform?
If Campbell is so bad, why the feck is he still a backup? Why pay the guy anything if you can't put him in to play? Just to sit there in his clean uniform?
Collect a check with no risk to injury....must be a pretty nice gig
-
-
God that was awful on so many levels.. The piss poor block and then Weeds letting it go as the guy is getting up off the ground. And then the body language after the play... my God my God, why have you forsaken us?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login




