Skip to content

bench Bess for LIFE!

The Browns Board
72 34 3.3k
  • If Chud doesn't bench Bess he might lose the locker room a bit. He has sat Little for less and I still hate coaches, even though I didn't want Shurmur fired, who back a player who stinks. I love Bob Stoops in the fact he says, "yeah he played terrible".

    @baconhound said:

    even though I didn't want Shurmur fired

    Read: my opinion is awful

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'm only calling it what they are calling it on NFL.com...

    Moo-fa-ly-ya...

    Well, then I am disappointed with NFL.com. He caught it and started to run with it.

    Muffed punt
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    In American football, a muffed punt is defined as "touching of the ball prior to possessing the ball."

    A muffed punt occurs when there is an "uncontrolled touch" of the football by a player on the returning team after it is punted. This can occur when:

    • The kicking team interferes with the other team's right to catch the punt
    • A player on the kicking team is struck unaware by the football running down-field to cover the punt.
    • A player attempts to
      return
      the ball, makes contact with it but cannot retain the ball in his hands and it comes loose.
      [1]

    A muffed punt is not a fumble. To be a fumble, the receiving team must possess the football, then lose control. In the case of a fumble, the ball is live and can be returned by the team that recovers the ball. In the case of a muffed punt, it is possible for the punting team to recover the ball and continue the drive, but at least in NCAA and NFL rules, they cannot advance the ball on that same play. Rules vary by league about how to handle a muffed punt.

    In the NFL, a muffed punt cannot be challenged by a coach for review.

    Zombo said:

    • A player attempts to return the ball, makes contact with it but cannot retain the ball in his hands and it comes loose.[1]

    Sounds a lot like what I saw happen...

    And, yes, I have been known to beat a dead horse or seven...

    Zombo said:

    If they traded Gordon I think I would take a bullet to the noggin as opposed to watching this offense without him the rest of the year.

    I think I still have a flare gun we passed around an audio site I frequent... much more colorful way to go...

  • @baconhound said:

    even though I didn't want Shurmur fired

    Read: my opinion is awful

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Read: my opinion is awful

    Yeah wtf? Shurmer? You want Holmgren back too?

  • I hate Bess for the fumble but I hate him even more for the drop on the 4th down.

  • @baconhound said:

    even though I didn't want Shurmur fired

    Read: my opinion is awful

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Read: my opinion is awful

    If it weren't for the 3 game stretch with Hoyer, this team would be no better than they were last year

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Read: my opinion is awful

    If it weren't for the 3 game stretch with Hoyer, this team would be no better than they were last year

    @baconhound said:

    If it weren't for the 3 game stretch with Hoyer, this team would be no better than they were last year

    totally disagree. Even with Campell the offense looked a hell of a lot better than with wheezy. More people in place, and people like skrine and Gipson stepping up it looks nothing like last year
  • @baconhound said:

    If it weren't for the 3 game stretch with Hoyer, this team would be no better than they were last year

    totally disagree. Even with Campell the offense looked a hell of a lot better than with wheezy. More people in place, and people like skrine and Gipson stepping up it looks nothing like last year

    @comeonman said:

    totally disagree. Even with Campell the offense looked a hell of a lot better than with wheezy. More people in place, and people like skrine and Gipson stepping up it looks nothing like last year

    Campbell wasn't on this team either last year. 2-6 last year vs. 3-5 this year, big difference

  • ....

    yeah

  • 819493170.gif?1383517269

  • And Bess says "ill just score twice next week"

  • This is exactly why I hate how Browns fans always declare, "This guy needs to be cut!" after one bad game. Guy did what pros do and refocused and got out of his funk.

  • Most Browns fans are psychotic after following this team for so long. Takes time to heal.

  • 85% of the posters on this board are ridiculous...

  • Bess redeemed

  • Yes he did! He looked like a man on a mission.

  • This is exactly why I hate how Browns fans always declare, "This guy needs to be cut!" after one bad game. Guy did what pros do and refocused and got out of his funk.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    This is exactly why I hate how Browns fans always declare, "This guy needs to be cut!" after one bad game. Guy did what pros do and refocused and got out of his funk.

    In my defense the guy drops the first ball every game but consider him redeemed.

  • Props to Davon, he was fantastic. Great grab on the first TD throw; great juke on the 2nd TD (I had a quick flashback to Eric Metcalf); and an absolutely wonderful 1st down snag coming back to a scrambling Campbell. Gee, that last one was reminiscent of the last play of the Chiefs game last week, but with a much better result. GO BROWNS!

  • Here comes the gay ass flip floppers

  • Thrilled for him, thrilled for us.

    I love football.

    Z

  • POTG