Buckeyes
-
how about if you're an ohio state fan worry about ohio state.
the sec is and has been the strongest conference for the past _____years. the days of woody hayes and bo schembechler are long gone. you want to play with the big boys then hire someone that knows all about it. then recruit the biggest baddest lineman and top talent offensive players.
i have more fun watching bowling green, kent state, toledo and ohio u than i do watching lop-sided nick saban teams roll over the big 10 or is it 16?
-
how about if you're an ohio state fan worry about ohio state.
the sec is and has been the strongest conference for the past _____years. the days of woody hayes and bo schembechler are long gone. you want to play with the big boys then hire someone that knows all about it. then recruit the biggest baddest lineman and top talent offensive players.
i have more fun watching bowling green, kent state, toledo and ohio u than i do watching lop-sided nick saban teams roll over the big 10 or is it 16?
how about if you're an ohio state fan worry about ohio state.
the sec is and has been the strongest conference for the past _____years. the days of woody hayes and bo schembechler are long gone. you want to play with the big boys then hire someone that knows all about it. then recruit the biggest baddest lineman and top talent offensive players.
i have more fun watching bowling green, kent state, toledo and ohio u than i do watching lop-sided nick saban teams roll over the big 10 or is it 16? It is the SEC that he rolls over....or the Sunbelt league or some other 1-AA team. I don't know if Alabama has ever played a Big 10 team since Saban has been here.
-
They played us and we lost. That was the opener a few years ago in Dallas. Clearly we were outmatched but there were a few shitty calls. That was the year Bama won the title.
Still more wins vs the SEC than OSU though (0)
-
They played us and we lost. That was the opener a few years ago in Dallas. Clearly we were outmatched but there were a few shitty calls. That was the year Bama won the title.
Still more wins vs the SEC than OSU though (0)
They played us and we lost. That was the opener a few years ago in Dallas. Clearly we were outmatched but there were a few shitty calls. That was the year Bama won the title.
Still more wins vs the SEC than OSU though (0)
Not sure what you are talking about. I believe the last time 2 times Ohio State played an SEC team they won one and lost one.
-
Who did they beat?
-
Who did they beat?
In checking, in the last two games played against SEC teams, they beat Arkansas, then lost to Florida by a TD, both in bowl games.
-
That season OSU played Arkansas they got 0 wins. All were revoked after the sanctions. So they never beat Arkansas
That second game, you basically played that instead of the national championship. OSU's AD is an idiot. He should have voluntarily banned the team from a bowl game that year. I mean they were 6-6, who cares. Instead, he though they were untouchable and got burned for it. The NCAA actually did something there
-
That season OSU played Arkansas they got 0 wins. All were revoked after the sanctions. So they never beat Arkansas
That second game, you basically played that instead of the national championship. OSU's AD is an idiot. He should have voluntarily banned the team from a bowl game that year. I mean they were 6-6, who cares. Instead, he though they were untouchable and got burned for it. The NCAA actually did something there
That season OSU played Arkansas they got 0 wins. All were revoked after the sanctions. So they never beat Arkansas
Now you are just being fucking stupid and idiotic. They played a game, they won the game. Ex post facto forfeitures don't mean shit.
(I don't even recognize the forfeitures of games from the entire Fab Five era. Michigan played for the title that one year, no stupid subsequent sanction will ever change that)
That second game, you basically played that instead of the national championship. OSU's AD is an idiot. He should have voluntarily banned the team from a bowl game that year. I mean they were 6-6, who cares. Instead, he though they were untouchable and got burned for it. The NCAA actually did something there.
I agree with this basically. If they were going to self impose a bowl ban, they should have done it the year that going to a bowl meant little with that record.
-
I'm just saying they technically didn't win. If they would have played with only the players that were actually eligible, the outcome could have (probably) been different
-
I'm just saying they technically didn't win. If they would have played with only the players that were actually eligible, the outcome could have (probably) been different
I'm just saying they technically didn't win. If they would have played with only the players that were actually eligible, the outcome could have (probably) been different
Technically, they did win. I don't think any players that played in those games were declared ineligible. The team just "gave" forfeitures of those games as part of their punishment. Like I said, it is as stupid as saying that the Fab Five never won a game while they were at Michigan because they cheated. Its stupid.
-
Technically Pryor and co weren't eligible because they violated rules that should have resulted in suspensions. But Tressel covered it up (ignored it, lied about it) so they could play. So in a system in which the rules were followed exactly, they wouldn't have played. Though in that fantasy world the SEC would look much different too
-
Technically Pryor and co weren't eligible because they violated rules that should have resulted in suspensions. But Tressel covered it up (ignored it, lied about it) so they could play. So in a system in which the rules were followed exactly, they wouldn't have played. Though in that fantasy world the SEC would look much different too
Technically Pryor and co weren't eligible because they violated rules that should have resulted in suspensions. But Tressel covered it up (ignored it, lied about it) so they could play. So in a system in which the rules were followed exactly, they wouldn't have played. Though in that fantasy world the SEC would look much different too
I am not so certain that those "violations" would have resulted in suspensions. They sold or traded trinkets that personally belonged to them. If I were their counsel I would argue that no NCAA rule prohibits a player from disposing of his or her personal property. I mean, they sold/traded gold pants charms that they got for beating Michigan. Hell, they could afford to dispose of those because they had several others in reserve for all the times they beat Michigan. No harm, no foul.
That issue never got litigated because of the bigger "failure to rat on people" violation occurred, sure.
-
"failure to rat on people"? or failure to comply with the rules? If there wasn't anything wrong with what they were doing Tressel would still be the coach
I'm not arguing that I agree with the rules, just that they were there. Considering Dez Bryant got fucked for eating dinner with Deion, I could easily see the players missing games. Especially since they were suspended later anyway.
-
"failure to rat on people"? or failure to comply with the rules? If there wasn't anything wrong with what they were doing Tressel would still be the coach
I'm not arguing that I agree with the rules, just that they were there. Considering Dez Bryant got fucked for eating dinner with Deion, I could easily see the players missing games. Especially since they were suspended later anyway.
"failure to rat on people"? or failure to comply with the rules? If there wasn't anything wrong with what they were doing Tressel would still be the coach
I'm not arguing that I agree with the rules, just that they were there. Considering Dez Bryant got fucked for eating dinner with Deion, I could easily see the players missing games. Especially since they were suspended later anyway.
The main point is that ex post facto forfeitures are fucking stupid. Fine these schools a ton of money....which is all they care about anyway, but leave the fucking record books alone.
-
Fining the schools could hurt the "regular" students though. That would be my main concern
-
Fining the schools could hurt the "regular" students though. That would be my main concern
Fining the schools could hurt the "regular" students though. That would be my main concern
Noted. Rule breakers should suffer some punishment....and some coaches/players obviously do.
-
I would be happy if the NCAA grew a spine too. The SEC needs some rules
-
I would be happy if the NCAA grew a spine too. The SEC needs some rules
200K cash for Cam to go to Auburn. I expect that is commonplace.
-
Get your facts straight. The NCAA knew about the violation BEFORE the game. The players in question were suspended for the first five games of the next season. The issue was over until AD Gene Smith uncovered evidence about Tressel and notified the NCAA.
typical Michigan Idiot, not knowing what the hell they are talking about...
-
Won the national championship last night now we're giving it to Michigan in basketball. Fun fun fun. While woody is off somewhere beating off on to a newspaper headline of Harbaugh to Michigan
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login