Skip to content

Ravens Fan Here-Going to the game this weekend!

The Browns Board
62 21 2.0k
  • @harry-taintsniffer said:

    I am a Bengals fan. Probably not much better in your eyes lol.

    Grats on beating the Ravens though.

    I respect the heck out of Browns fans. Although a little crass and hostile at times (at least on this board), you guys support your team.

    More than I can say about a lot of Bengals fans. And you aren't bandwagon like Steeler fans.

    I'm not a big fans of Bungles fans in general, they seem an obnoxious bunch, but you get an ounce of respect walking in the door as opposed to any Ratbird fan over 30 who was old enough to know they were accepting satan into their lives when they adopted the Ravens as their team.

    If you grew up in Cincinnati, you liked football and you rooted for the local team ... I got no problem with that. Glad you are passionate about your team.

    It's the ones that parade in here on game week, clog the board with 6th grade smack, and we never see them again after we win, that I loathe ... you aren't one of them are you?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'm not a big fans of Bungles fans in general, they seem an obnoxious bunch, but you get an ounce of respect walking in the door as opposed to any Ratbird fan over 30 who was old enough to know they were accepting satan into their lives when they adopted the Ravens as their team.

    If you grew up in Cincinnati, you liked football and you rooted for the local team ... I got no problem with that. Glad you are passionate about your team.

    It's the ones that parade in here on game week, clog the board with 6th grade smack, and we never see them again after we win, that I loathe ... you aren't one of them are you?

    Zombo

    The thing is, most people in Cincinnati do not know how to handle success when it comes to sports. They act like jackasses when they sniff success. It is one thing to talk a little smack for fun before a game, but the same guys who talk crap, start ripping on the team like idiots when they lose and can't handle it. It is ridiculous.

    I grew up here, and actually I hate our generally wishy washy fanbase. Aside from the few knowledgeable, sensable ones anyhow. Most of them have no idea what they are talking about, and act like a child when we lose. I have no patience for that.

    I don't really talk smack. Especially on someone else's board. I like to be more realistic. I see us splitting this series, and I expect that most years. Not to say it can't be a sweep though. I do worry about our CBs, and with the wind the way it will be on sunday, Dalton's weak arm probably won't fair well again this week. Throwing it 51 times last week was asinine. We absolutely must somehow run the ball. Easier said than done though.

    Hopefully both teams play an injury free game! I don't think the Bengals can handle another major injury this year.

  • Zombo said:

    I'm not a big fans of Bungles fans in general, they seem an obnoxious bunch, but you get an ounce of respect walking in the door as opposed to any Ratbird fan over 30 who was old enough to know they were accepting satan into their lives when they adopted the Ravens as their team.

    If you grew up in Cincinnati, you liked football and you rooted for the local team ... I got no problem with that. Glad you are passionate about your team.

    It's the ones that parade in here on game week, clog the board with 6th grade smack, and we never see them again after we win, that I loathe ... you aren't one of them are you?

    Zombo

    The thing is, most people in Cincinnati do not know how to handle success when it comes to sports. They act like jackasses when they sniff success. It is one thing to talk a little smack for fun before a game, but the same guys who talk crap, start ripping on the team like idiots when they lose and can't handle it. It is ridiculous.

    I grew up here, and actually I hate our generally wishy washy fanbase. Aside from the few knowledgeable, sensable ones anyhow. Most of them have no idea what they are talking about, and act like a child when we lose. I have no patience for that.

    I don't really talk smack. Especially on someone else's board. I like to be more realistic. I see us splitting this series, and I expect that most years. Not to say it can't be a sweep though. I do worry about our CBs, and with the wind the way it will be on sunday, Dalton's weak arm probably won't fair well again this week. Throwing it 51 times last week was asinine. We absolutely must somehow run the ball. Easier said than done though.

    Hopefully both teams play an injury free game! I don't think the Bengals can handle another major injury this year.

    @harry-taintsniffer said:

    The thing is, most people in Cincinnati do not know how to handle success when it comes to sports. They act like jackasses when they sniff success. It is one thing to talk a little smack for fun before a game, but the same guys who talk crap, start ripping on the team like idiots when they lose and can't handle it. It is ridiculous.

    I grew up here, and actually I hate our generally wishy washy fanbase. Aside from the few knowledgeable, sensable ones anyhow. Most of them have no idea what they are talking about, and act like a child when we lose. I have no patience for that.

    Seems to me that your statement would apply to Bengals fans, but not necessarily to Reds fans, who are generally considered to be one of the best fan bases in baseball.

    They talk about certain cities as being "baseball, football, or basketball" towns. Those towns historically with the reputation as best "baseball towns" include St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Baltimore (though some Ravens fans deny that". Cleveland is definitely considered a football town (Pittsburgh is now....but I am not sure that was the case before 1970), Green Bay obviously, Dallas.

    Boston, Philly, Indy, LA are considered basketball towns.

    I don't really talk smack. Especially on someone else's board. I like to be more realistic. I see us splitting this series, and I expect that most years. Not to say it can't be a sweep though. I do worry about our CBs, and with the wind the way it will be on sunday, Dalton's weak arm probably won't fair well again this week. Throwing it 51 times last week was asinine. We absolutely must somehow run the ball. Easier said than done though.

    Hopefully both teams play an injury free game! I don't think the Bengals can handle another major injury this year.

    Well, when I watch a Ravens/Steelers game, my rooting interest is in the meat wagon getting a lot of use. So, perhaps I am not as benevolent as you. (and if AJ Green came down with a hamstring pull early in the game it would not break my heart)