Profoundly early really stupid 3-pick mock draft
-
BROWNS FIRST ROUND
1. Evans, Wr. He may not be there, but it's so early, I'll just
say who I want the Browns to get.
2. Bryce Petty, Baylor, qb, 6'3", 230. Why? Because I have questions
about all the other qbs, and this kid has it all. And, unlike Weeden, he
has an outstanding touch on the ball, with a very strong arm. Baylor
is just a smaller school. I don't care.
3. Second round - Loucheiz Purifoy, 6-1/189, CB, ...eh...Florida?
Browns need a big, solid, fast cb opposite Hayden - CHECK
Browns need a solid, extremely smart and productive, mobile qb who has all the skills. CHECK
Browns need a dyanamic, tall wr with all the skills,who can catch everything thrown to him. CHECK
It's early, I like it, and the previous conversations about hyped
qbs is now annoying.
And, I just wanted Shep to spit coffee on his keyboard.
And, a mock this early is automatically stupid, but it's fun. GGG
-
Other than Purifoy likely going in Round 1 (if he declares) and Petty in Round 3 (if he declares), there will be stupider mocks.
Purifoy, a Junior, will likely come out, but I doubt that Petty, a reshirt Junior, will. Draft Scout projects Petty as the #2 QB in the 2015 Draft. A much better position than he would rate in this year's, QB draft class.
-
True. But it's so early, I just picked the guys I wanted where I wanted them.
Purifoy is a pick I hope the Browns could get with a second. Doubtful?
Hell yeah. LOL
Petty probably will stay in school. He's a hell of a qb, though. I think he's the guy
for the Browns. At least, given all the qb's in the draft this year.
Had to get that out there, going to the ratbird game with Canton Mike, will be
pretty busy after that. Thanks.
-
BROWNS FIRST ROUND
1. Evans, Wr. He may not be there, but it's so early, I'll just
say who I want the Browns to get.
2. Bryce Petty, Baylor, qb, 6'3", 230. Why? Because I have questions
about all the other qbs, and this kid has it all. And, unlike Weeden, he
has an outstanding touch on the ball, with a very strong arm. Baylor
is just a smaller school. I don't care.
3. Second round - Loucheiz Purifoy, 6-1/189, CB, ...eh...Florida?
Browns need a big, solid, fast cb opposite Hayden - CHECK
Browns need a solid, extremely smart and productive, mobile qb who has all the skills. CHECK
Browns need a dyanamic, tall wr with all the skills,who can catch everything thrown to him. CHECK
It's early, I like it, and the previous conversations about hyped
qbs is now annoying.
And, I just wanted Shep to spit coffee on his keyboard.
And, a mock this early is automatically stupid, but it's fun. GGG
BROWNS FIRST ROUND
2. Bryce Petty, Baylor, qb, 6'3", 230. Why? Because I have questions
about all the other qbs, and this kid has it all. And, unlike Weeden, he
has an outstanding touch on the ball, with a very strong arm. Baylor
is just a smaller school. I don't care.
If they can play the position school size should not matter. For whatever reason the big schools didn't offer or maybe he was looking to go where he could start sooner than later. Sasquatch Ben came from a small school, but I think he was just too stupid to go anywhere else.
-
I hope we take the best Cornerback. The best Quarterback and the Best Offensive Lineman available with our first three picks. Dion Lewis and Hardesty will battle it out for the RB spot next year. Although I reserve the right to change my opinion later if I feel it's needed.
-
Like Bryce Petty... but I haven't heard anything about him coming out this year, and he shouldn't b/c he needs at least another year under the gun to determine if he can keep playing the way he has. He is the highest rated QB in NCAAF this year...
Purifoy will probably fly up draft boards, which is just a guess of mine, but I see him improving his stock over the offseason b/c he's such an athletic guy...
Evans with our first pick?? Love it. It has been pretty apparent b/c of dropped balls, by Bess and Little esp., continuing to haunt us that we need another top WR to pair with Gordon.
If we could grab 1 - Evans, 1b - Purifoy, 2 - Carr... I'd be thrilled... (of course too early really to tell if I'd really be thrilled)...
-
I can see us picking between 6-10, and our Colts pick being between 18-26, so I'll just split the difference on each and say our first round picks will be 8 and 22.
At 8, we go Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M. The only way I don't see Evans making it 8 is if the Steelers grab him before then. Most of the top 10 teams are QB or defensive front seven deficient, and this draft is loaded with top talent at those positions.
Evans would give us two great threats at WR, and also would be insurance against Gordon failing another drug test. It would also give us room to move Gordon if need be.
At 23, we go A.J. Johnson, ILB, Tennessee. DQ is a solid veteran starter and jack of all trades LBer. He does all things solidly, but doesn't excel at any one aspect. He's not great in pass coverage and he's not a playmaker.
Johnson, on the other hand, is. Johnson is the big hitter we need to give the defense an identity. He hasn't been bad in pass coverage this season, either. An LB corps featuring DQJ, Johnson, Mingo and Kruger is definitely one to fear. With Robertson, Groves and Sheard rotating in, this would easily be one of the top 3 squads in the league.
At 40, I'd like to see us take Michael Dyer, RB, Auburn, Arkansas State, Arkansas Baptist College, Louisville. Dyer is a consensus first round talent, he just brings off the field issues. At this point, our franchise can finally afford to take risks on big talent. He and Lewis would be a great tandem. Dyer is Marcus Lattimore level talent but without any injuries.
In Round 3, Id like to see us take Blake Bortles and then BPA OG. Bortles has the qualities you'd like to see in a NFL QB and he's played some great games against top tier talent. Not to mention the fact that he has succeeded behind a subpar line and with questionable talent at his skill positions. Bortles is a guy that I think will find great success on Sundays as long as he's not thrown into the fire from the get-go.
Getting an OG to start opposite Greco should help shore up our line. Lauvao and Pinkston are decent enough fillers, but neither are starter worthy.
Then in FA, we go for Browner from Seattle. Seattle is going to have to shell out big money to keep Okung and Thomas, Browner will probably be a cap casualty.
We hand the reigns to Hoyer and let Bortles wait in the wings. Even if Hoyer proves to be unsuccessful, he'll be a great mentor for Bortles.
If both QB's suck, we'll be in position and have some firepower to grab Famous Jameis.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login