Skip to content

Shep's Morning Wisdom, Nov. 3

The Browns Board
32 13 1.1k
  • My afternoon wisdom (!):

    - Flat out amazing how good this team is with competent quarterbacking, either Hoyer or Campbell. Also points out just how god awful horrible Weeden is. Guy might be out of the league next year. I'm dead serious.

    - So what other holes do we have? Line is awesome when anybody except Weeden plays. Little sure looked awesome today, as did Bess. Wouldn't change a damn thing on the defense except maybe add a corner with some size. But Haden-Skrine can start for the next seven years, thank you. Same with Gipson and Ward.

    - I like Fozzy. I could see him, Dion, and Obie on the team next year. Since all three of those guys can catch, I'd like to see us add a badass power back. I don't know... maybe a Buckeye?

    - And then we obviously draft our long-term QB. It's kind of a luxury to have so few needs. We could get another TE for 12s. Draft a WR in round 2, perhaps (I'd like some more speed, maybe a little guy but built a little stouter than Benjie).

    - If we beat the Bengals next week, playoffs become a serious possibility. With all our money and picks, that's fine. We can still trade up and get a guy we like (Manziel).

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @shep said:

    My afternoon wisdom (!):

    - Flat out amazing how good this team is with competent quarterbacking, either Hoyer or Campbell. Also points out just how god awful horrible Weeden is. Guy might be out of the league next year. I'm dead serious.

    - So what other holes do we have? Line is awesome when anybody except Weeden plays. Little sure looked awesome today, as did Bess. Wouldn't change a damn thing on the defense except maybe add a corner with some size. But Haden-Skrine can start for the next seven years, thank you. Same with Gipson and Ward.

    - I like Fozzy. I could see him, Dion, and Obie on the team next year. Since all three of those guys can catch, I'd like to see us add a badass power back. I don't know... maybe a Buckeye?

    - And then we obviously draft our long-term QB. It's kind of a luxury to have so few needs. We could get another TE for 12s. Draft a WR in round 2, perhaps (I'd like some more speed, maybe a little guy but built a little stouter than Benjie).

    - If we beat the Bengals next week, playoffs become a serious possibility. With all our money and picks, that's fine. We can still trade up and get a guy we like (Manziel).

    Glad you're coming around to my way of thinking. 🙂 I said we'll find out if we're pretenders or contenders after this game. We have a BIG game coming up in two weeks against the (beat up) Bungles. The D is playing lights out- too bad Horton is probably gone after this year.

    Unfortunately, the coaching staff (as a first round pick) had to give Weeden enough rope to hang himself. Consider him hanged.

    Amazing ain't it when the qb can actually feel pressure, get the hell out of Dodge, see open receivers, and occasionally toss an accurate ball with some touch?

    Beat Bungels- beat Jets- we're on our way.

  • My afternoon wisdom (!):

    - Flat out amazing how good this team is with competent quarterbacking, either Hoyer or Campbell. Also points out just how god awful horrible Weeden is. Guy might be out of the league next year. I'm dead serious.

    - So what other holes do we have? Line is awesome when anybody except Weeden plays. Little sure looked awesome today, as did Bess. Wouldn't change a damn thing on the defense except maybe add a corner with some size. But Haden-Skrine can start for the next seven years, thank you. Same with Gipson and Ward.

    - I like Fozzy. I could see him, Dion, and Obie on the team next year. Since all three of those guys can catch, I'd like to see us add a badass power back. I don't know... maybe a Buckeye?

    - And then we obviously draft our long-term QB. It's kind of a luxury to have so few needs. We could get another TE for 12s. Draft a WR in round 2, perhaps (I'd like some more speed, maybe a little guy but built a little stouter than Benjie).

    - If we beat the Bengals next week, playoffs become a serious possibility. With all our money and picks, that's fine. We can still trade up and get a guy we like (Manziel).

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @shep said:

    My afternoon wisdom (!):

    - Flat out amazing how good this team is with competent quarterbacking, either Hoyer or Campbell. Also points out just how god awful horrible Weeden is. Guy might be out of the league next year. I'm dead serious.

    But, yet, recall, it WAS Weeden that won that Buffalo game....coming off the bench when the Browns were behind 7-0.

    - So what other holes do we have? Line is awesome when anybody except Weeden plays. Little sure looked awesome today, as did Bess. Wouldn't change a damn thing on the defense except maybe add a corner with some size. But Haden-Skrine can start for the next seven years, thank you. Same with Gipson and Ward.

    We need a running game....and I don't know if Fozzy is it. They WILL have to use this next draft to upgrade, particularly at that spot.

    - I like Fozzy. I could see him, Dion, and Obie on the team next year. Since all three of those guys can catch, I'd like to see us add a badass power back. I don't know... maybe a Buckeye?

    - And then we obviously draft our long-term QB. It's kind of a luxury to have so few needs. We could get another TE for 12s. Draft a WR in round 2, perhaps (I'd like some more speed, maybe a little guy but built a little stouter than Benjie).

    - If we beat the Bengals next week, playoffs become a serious possibility. With all our money and picks, that's fine. We can still trade up and get a guy we like (Manziel).

  • @shep said:

    My afternoon wisdom (!):

    - Flat out amazing how good this team is with competent quarterbacking, either Hoyer or Campbell. Also points out just how god awful horrible Weeden is. Guy might be out of the league next year. I'm dead serious.

    - So what other holes do we have? Line is awesome when anybody except Weeden plays. Little sure looked awesome today, as did Bess. Wouldn't change a damn thing on the defense except maybe add a corner with some size. But Haden-Skrine can start for the next seven years, thank you. Same with Gipson and Ward.

    - I like Fozzy. I could see him, Dion, and Obie on the team next year. Since all three of those guys can catch, I'd like to see us add a badass power back. I don't know... maybe a Buckeye?

    - And then we obviously draft our long-term QB. It's kind of a luxury to have so few needs. We could get another TE for 12s. Draft a WR in round 2, perhaps (I'd like some more speed, maybe a little guy but built a little stouter than Benjie).

    - If we beat the Bengals next week, playoffs become a serious possibility. With all our money and picks, that's fine. We can still trade up and get a guy we like (Manziel).

    Glad you're coming around to my way of thinking. 🙂 I said we'll find out if we're pretenders or contenders after this game. We have a BIG game coming up in two weeks against the (beat up) Bungles. The D is playing lights out- too bad Horton is probably gone after this year.

    Unfortunately, the coaching staff (as a first round pick) had to give Weeden enough rope to hang himself. Consider him hanged.

    Amazing ain't it when the qb can actually feel pressure, get the hell out of Dodge, see open receivers, and occasionally toss an accurate ball with some touch?

    Beat Bungels- beat Jets- we're on our way.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @hoorta said:

    Glad you're coming around to my way of thinking. 🙂 I said we'll find out if we're pretenders or contenders after this game. We have a BIG game coming up in two weeks against the (beat up) Bungles. The D is playing lights out- too bad Horton is probably gone after this year.

    Unfortunately, the coaching staff (as a first round pick) had to give Weeden enough rope to hang himself. Consider him hanged.

    Amazing ain't it when the qb can actually feel pressure, get the hell out of Dodge, see open receivers, and occasionally toss an accurate ball with some touch?

    Beat Bungels- beat Jets- we're on our way.

    While the Browns are on the bye week, the Bengals and Ravens have to play each other....and the Steelers play the Bills.

  • @gftchris said:

    We're not giving up big plays, which in turn helps limit the ypa for each play against us. If we could just get off the freaking pitch, we'd have an elite defence.

    So British. So so British.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So British. So so British.

    Yeah, and? 😛

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So British. So so British.

    Yeah, and? 😛

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gftchris said:

    Yeah, and? 😛

    Wrong sport. A pitch is what they throw in baseball.

  • @gftchris said:

    Yeah, and? 😛

    Wrong sport. A pitch is what they throw in baseball.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-gipper said:

    Wrong sport. A pitch is what they throw in baseball.

    Meh. Pitch, field, who cares.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Our D was looking in prime form yesterday. It felt good yelling out "SACK!"

    Instead of depressing clock management from the other team

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wrong sport. A pitch is what they throw in baseball.

    Meh. Pitch, field, who cares.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @gftchris said:

    Meh. Pitch, field, who cares.

    You poor old sod. You see, its only me.

  • @shep said:

    My afternoon wisdom (!):

    - If we beat the Bengals next week, playoffs become a serious possibility. With all our money and picks, that's fine. We can still trade up and get a guy we like (Manziel).

    Are you trying to kill me by mentioning Manziel in every post?

    S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Funny. Are you not a Johnny Cash lover?

    @mark-o said:

    Are you trying to kill me by mentioning Manziel in every post?

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Oh, I agree, Gip. We'll add another back. I'm just saying Fozzy looks to have some really nice quicks and can catch, the kind of back they really like for this offense. But same is true of Dion Lewis and Obie-Wan.

    Carlos Hyde HAS to be moving up draft boards. Not long ago I saw him on CBS as a 5th round pick. No way.

  • @hoorta said:

    Glad you're coming around to my way of thinking. 🙂 I said we'll find out if we're pretenders or contenders after this game. We have a BIG game coming up in two weeks against the (beat up) Bungles. The D is playing lights out- too bad Horton is probably gone after this year.

    Unfortunately, the coaching staff (as a first round pick) had to give Weeden enough rope to hang himself. Consider him hanged.

    Amazing ain't it when the qb can actually feel pressure, get the hell out of Dodge, see open receivers, and occasionally toss an accurate ball with some touch?

    Beat Bungels- beat Jets- we're on our way.

    While the Browns are on the bye week, the Bengals and Ravens have to play each other....and the Steelers play the Bills.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #27

    @the-gipper said:

    While the Browns are on the bye week, the Bengals and Ravens have to play each other....and the Steelers play the Bills.

    Hate to say it- we may have to root for the Ratbirds. The Steelers are getting too close for comfort in my book to the "play like clowns for Clowney" Bowl.Virtually all the other suck teams are truly qb needy, and the last thing I want to see is the next Mean Joe Green fall right into the Squealers lap.If he's on the board when they draft, it will take them about 1\2 a nanosecond to turn in their card.

  • @the-gipper said:

    While the Browns are on the bye week, the Bengals and Ravens have to play each other....and the Steelers play the Bills.

    Hate to say it- we may have to root for the Ratbirds. The Steelers are getting too close for comfort in my book to the "play like clowns for Clowney" Bowl.Virtually all the other suck teams are truly qb needy, and the last thing I want to see is the next Mean Joe Green fall right into the Squealers lap.If he's on the board when they draft, it will take them about 1\2 a nanosecond to turn in their card.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by gftChris
    #28

    @hoorta said:

    Hate to say it- we may have to root for the Ratbirds. The Steelers are getting too close for comfort in my book to the "play like clowns for Clowney" Bowl.Virtually all the other suck teams are truly qb needy, and the last thing I want to see is the next Mean Joe Green fall right into the Squealers lap.If he's on the board when they draft, it will take them about 1\2 a nanosecond to turn in their card.

    I highly doubt he'll be there when they draft. Oakland Tampa, Jacksonville and at least minnesota will be drafting ahead of them. They've got the bills next, with Jeff Tuel at QB, which should be winnable, and they've still got 2 games left against us - not 100% that we'll sweep them. Plus, there's always a chance they pick up a lucky win along the way. They'll take whichever OT they can get their hands on, their line is a shambles and one of the big reasons for their failings. Maybe it's jake matthews, maybe it's Taylor Lewan, whoever. They've got to go OL first, surely. Meanwhile, how's Jarvis Jones doing?

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #29

    EJ Manuel may start. And they're inches from being a really, really good team. Next year, with a healthy Manuel, they could be a playoff team.

    But yes to Ravens over Bengals. Makes total sense. This division could be a total scrum of .500-ish teams soon. We beat the Bengals, we're 5-5 and they're 6-5 but we clearly own the tiebreakers after sweeping them.

  • EJ Manuel may start. And they're inches from being a really, really good team. Next year, with a healthy Manuel, they could be a playoff team.

    But yes to Ravens over Bengals. Makes total sense. This division could be a total scrum of .500-ish teams soon. We beat the Bengals, we're 5-5 and they're 6-5 but we clearly own the tiebreakers after sweeping them.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @shep said:

    EJ Manuel may start. And they're inches from being a really, really good team. Next year, with a healthy Manuel, they could be a playoff team.

    But yes to Ravens over Bengals. Makes total sense. This division could be a total scrum of .500-ish teams soon. We beat the Bengals, we're 5-5 and they're 6-5 but we clearly own the tiebreakers after sweeping them.

    If Manuel starts it's a different story, even if he's just game managing, he's a massive upgrade over Tuel - who was so bad against us that they took Thad Lewis off the practise squad.

  • @hoorta said:

    Hate to say it- we may have to root for the Ratbirds. The Steelers are getting too close for comfort in my book to the "play like clowns for Clowney" Bowl.Virtually all the other suck teams are truly qb needy, and the last thing I want to see is the next Mean Joe Green fall right into the Squealers lap.If he's on the board when they draft, it will take them about 1\2 a nanosecond to turn in their card.

    I highly doubt he'll be there when they draft. Oakland Tampa, Jacksonville and at least minnesota will be drafting ahead of them. They've got the bills next, with Jeff Tuel at QB, which should be winnable, and they've still got 2 games left against us - not 100% that we'll sweep them. Plus, there's always a chance they pick up a lucky win along the way. They'll take whichever OT they can get their hands on, their line is a shambles and one of the big reasons for their failings. Maybe it's jake matthews, maybe it's Taylor Lewan, whoever. They've got to go OL first, surely. Meanwhile, how's Jarvis Jones doing?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @gftchris said:

    I highly doubt he'll be there when they draft. Oakland Tampa, Jacksonville and at least minnesota will be drafting ahead of them. They've got the bills next, with Jeff Tuel at QB, which should be winnable, and they've still got 2 games left against us - not 100% that we'll sweep them. Plus, there's always a chance they pick up a lucky win along the way. They'll take whichever OT they can get their hands on, their line is a shambles and one of the big reasons for their failings. Maybe it's jake matthews, maybe it's Taylor Lewan, whoever. They've got to go OL first, surely. Meanwhile, how's Jarvis Jones doing?

    Yes, but, regarding the Steelers. they also just gave up the most points and yards in a game in their history. Mountain Man Kiesel isn't getting any younger. 🙂

  • Funny. Are you not a Johnny Cash lover?

    @mark-o said:

    Are you trying to kill me by mentioning Manziel in every post?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @shep said:

    Funny. Are you not a Johnny Cash lover?

    No...I'm not sure that I could like a player less than Johnny Cash. I don't like his attitude and I think he's too small and will flame out in the NFL.