Skip to content

What the Hell Got Into Greg Little?

The Browns Board
26 19 1.7k
  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I like his badass attitude, goes with his running back build. He took on that corner after the long run. Kid has loads of talent and did NOT have a hands problem in college. If we can show some patience with him, we might have the WR trio we dreamed of in preseason. Just like we now have the OL we thought we had (again... it was the QB!).

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    There is a difference between a badass attitude and a dumbass attitude. I do think he got screwed on the second call for sure. The first call was pure dumbass on his part. As long as other teams know he will react like that they will continue to get those penalties from him. The second he has a few good catches he seems to throw humility out the window and go back to thinking he is gods gift to the NFL.

  • Great to see little catch and carry the rock like he did. Instead of being pissed at Weeded, be pissed at the coaching staff for seeing something in Weeden that somehow made them think that the Brandy could play QB in this league. We have seen 2 QB's play the position as it should and somehow Weeden started weeks 1 and 2. The only thing I can think of is that they were respecting the draft pick.. that's the only thing I can think of.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #14

    Little has flashed the potential to be a strong 1B to Gordon's 1A before. Maybe it'll stick this time. But we should not have to choose between his Dropsie and his Self-centered personna.

    @brownskidd said:

    We have seen 2 QB's play the position as it should and somehow Weeden started weeks 1 and 2. The only thing I can think of is that they were respecting the draft pick.. that's the only thing I can think of.

    Just as there are range masters in golf, there are practice players in football. I'm guessing Wheezy is one.

    Makes all the right reads in the video room...

    Makes all the right throws on the practice field...

    Can't put either talent on the field in a game.

  • M MajorBriggs wrote on last edited by MajorBriggs
    #15

    I could only listen to the game,

    but what happened on the penalty against a Bmore player for throwing Little to the ground for unecessary roughness in the 3rd quarter?

    Was Little gettin into guys' heads? That could help too?

  • There is a difference between a badass attitude and a dumbass attitude. I do think he got screwed on the second call for sure. The first call was pure dumbass on his part. As long as other teams know he will react like that they will continue to get those penalties from him. The second he has a few good catches he seems to throw humility out the window and go back to thinking he is gods gift to the NFL.

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @jcam222 said:

    There is a difference between a badass attitude and a dumbass attitude. I do think he got screwed on the second call for sure. The first call was pure dumbass on his part. As long as other teams know he will react like that they will continue to get those penalties from him. The second he has a few good catches he seems to throw humility out the window and go back to thinking he is gods gift to the NFL.

    Not sure whether you can call a reaction to being choked to death dumbassed. The officials should use replay for those instances too as it was clearly visible to me at home.

  • I could only listen to the game,

    but what happened on the penalty against a Bmore player for throwing Little to the ground for unecessary roughness in the 3rd quarter?

    Was Little gettin into guys' heads? That could help too?

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @majorbriggs said:

    I could only listen to the game,

    but what happened on the penalty against a Bmore player for throwing Little to the ground for unecessary roughness in the 3rd quarter?

    Was Little gettin into guys' heads? That could help too?

    Nah that was kind of a bad call also. The ball was thrown Littles way but he didn't catch it, the defender pulled him down from behind. There was a delay on the tackle which is what drew the call but he couldn't see if Little had the ball.
  • @jcam222 said:

    There is a difference between a badass attitude and a dumbass attitude. I do think he got screwed on the second call for sure. The first call was pure dumbass on his part. As long as other teams know he will react like that they will continue to get those penalties from him. The second he has a few good catches he seems to throw humility out the window and go back to thinking he is gods gift to the NFL.

    Not sure whether you can call a reaction to being choked to death dumbassed. The officials should use replay for those instances too as it was clearly visible to me at home.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mddawg said:

    Not sure whether you can call a reaction to being choked to death dumbassed. The officials should use replay for those instances too as it was clearly visible to me at home.

    I call anything that costs us field position dumbassed.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Not sold on little at all. Guy is up and down all the time. Plus I question his mental health.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I have no problem with that big shoulder chip. Chud needs to cultivate that chip mentality across the board. Put the league on notice that the Browns are back and they can and will kick your ass if you take them lightly. drinks all around!!!!

  • @majorbriggs said:

    I could only listen to the game,

    but what happened on the penalty against a Bmore player for throwing Little to the ground for unecessary roughness in the 3rd quarter?

    Was Little gettin into guys' heads? That could help too?

    Nah that was kind of a bad call also. The ball was thrown Littles way but he didn't catch it, the defender pulled him down from behind. There was a delay on the tackle which is what drew the call but he couldn't see if Little had the ball.
    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #21

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Nah that was kind of a bad call also. The ball was thrown Littles way but he didn't catch it, the defender pulled him down from behind. There was a delay on the tackle which is what drew the call but he couldn't see if Little had the ball.

    It wasn't a bad call. No matter if the player has the ball or not he cannot be picked up and slammed to the ground. It was one of the new "points of emphasis" rules put in place by the league this year.

    If he had caught it and the same tackle occurred, the penalty would still be called.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I'm not going to fault him on either penalty and this is why.

    1) It wasn't stupid crab like punting the ball like he used to do.

    2) The first call should be have been offsetting. The other guy took him to the ground and started to choke him.

    3) That is borderline taunting at best considering what I saw through the whole game from both sides.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I'm OK withe penalties as well. The key is he kept his composure and produced after the penalties went against him.

    Z

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Nah that was kind of a bad call also. The ball was thrown Littles way but he didn't catch it, the defender pulled him down from behind. There was a delay on the tackle which is what drew the call but he couldn't see if Little had the ball.

    It wasn't a bad call. No matter if the player has the ball or not he cannot be picked up and slammed to the ground. It was one of the new "points of emphasis" rules put in place by the league this year.

    If he had caught it and the same tackle occurred, the penalty would still be called.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @mark-o said:

    It wasn't a bad call. No matter if the player has the ball or not he cannot be picked up and slammed to the ground. It was one of the new "points of emphasis" rules put in place by the league this year.

    If he had caught it and the same tackle occurred, the penalty would still be called.

    I didn't think he picked him up and slammed him....looked more like he whipped and swung him down....I could be wrong because I missed the play and only saw the replay.
  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    No wonder Little was pissed ... dude was choking him:

    BYLdvAkCYAAmQoK.jpg

    http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/ravens-talk/ravens-ihedigbo-caught-act

  • @mark-o said:

    It wasn't a bad call. No matter if the player has the ball or not he cannot be picked up and slammed to the ground. It was one of the new "points of emphasis" rules put in place by the league this year.

    If he had caught it and the same tackle occurred, the penalty would still be called.

    I didn't think he picked him up and slammed him....looked more like he whipped and swung him down....I could be wrong because I missed the play and only saw the replay.
    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #26

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I didn't think he picked him up and slammed him....looked more like he whipped and swung him down....I could be wrong because I missed the play and only saw the replay.

    He clearly picked him up and body slammed him. I've read two different people talking about the penalty and both said the same thing. If he had the ball or not, it's a penalty either way this year.