Skip to content

The Browns need to sign a QB before GB does

The Browns Board
48 23 2.0k
  • U utzie wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere on here, but they are reporting that Rodgers has a small fracture in his non-throwing collarbone and should miss a minimum of 3 weeks. They are still waiting on more tests this afternoon, but the ESPN reports this morning are that the initial results were pretty bad.

  • I'd take Quinn over Weeden. He had that really nice game last year for the Chiefs, one of their few victories, right on the heels of that tragedy. Also the type of guy who would be really supportive of Campbell down the stretch.

    I assume Flynn will sign with GB and probably start. Has it happened yet?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @shep said:

    I'd take Quinn over Weeden. He had that really nice game last year for the Chiefs, one of their few victories, right on the heels of that tragedy. Also the type of guy who would be really supportive of Campbell down the stretch.

    I assume Flynn will sign with GB and probably start. Has it happened yet?

    Brady is on St. Louis' roster.

    We're not going to replace Weeden with a guy that hasn't played in Chud or Turners system this late in the season.

    I think they use the bye to get Armanti Edwards up to speed in case both guys go down in the same game.

    Zombo

  • @shep said:

    I'd take Quinn over Weeden. He had that really nice game last year for the Chiefs, one of their few victories, right on the heels of that tragedy. Also the type of guy who would be really supportive of Campbell down the stretch.

    I assume Flynn will sign with GB and probably start. Has it happened yet?

    Brady is on St. Louis' roster.

    We're not going to replace Weeden with a guy that hasn't played in Chud or Turners system this late in the season.

    I think they use the bye to get Armanti Edwards up to speed in case both guys go down in the same game.

    Zombo

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Zombo said:

    Brady is on St. Louis' roster.

    We're not going to replace Weeden with a guy that hasn't played in Chud or Turners system this late in the season.

    I think they use the bye to get Armanti Edwards up to speed in case both guys go down in the same game.

    Zombo

    Don't forget we've also got Marquis Gray who's played QB a lot more recently than Edwards, and already thrown a couple of passes this season for us.

  • Zombo said:

    Brady is on St. Louis' roster.

    We're not going to replace Weeden with a guy that hasn't played in Chud or Turners system this late in the season.

    I think they use the bye to get Armanti Edwards up to speed in case both guys go down in the same game.

    Zombo

    Don't forget we've also got Marquis Gray who's played QB a lot more recently than Edwards, and already thrown a couple of passes this season for us.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @gftchris said:

    Don't forget we've also got Marquis Gray who's played QB a lot more recently than Edwards, and already thrown a couple of passes this season for us.

    Ya, I was thinking Edwards because he played in Chud's system before, but, hell, put them both in and go Wild Dawg on everyone's ass.

    Zombo

  • @gftchris said:

    Don't forget we've also got Marquis Gray who's played QB a lot more recently than Edwards, and already thrown a couple of passes this season for us.

    Ya, I was thinking Edwards because he played in Chud's system before, but, hell, put them both in and go Wild Dawg on everyone's ass.

    Zombo

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Zombo said:

    Ya, I was thinking Edwards because he played in Chud's system before, but, hell, put them both in and go Wild Dawg on everyone's ass.

    Zombo

    Both of them in on every play, WildDawg on every play. Love it. How about with Campbell in there as well? WildCerberus...

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #22

    The premise of this thread is fucking idiotic. We're not signing a QB nor are we in some competition with GB to get the last good one out there. If Campbell goes down, we're riding this thing out with Weeden. Case closed. You want the Browns to be like the Vikes chasing Freeman? How's that working out?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #23

    fuck me running for this......but is DA on someone's roster? I mean he does know this shit.

  • I'd take Quinn over Weeden. He had that really nice game last year for the Chiefs, one of their few victories, right on the heels of that tragedy. Also the type of guy who would be really supportive of Campbell down the stretch.

    I assume Flynn will sign with GB and probably start. Has it happened yet?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @shep said:

    I'd take Quinn over Weeden. He had that really nice game last year for the Chiefs, one of their few victories, right on the heels of that tragedy. Also the type of guy who would be really supportive of Campbell down the stretch.

    I assume Flynn will sign with GB and probably start. Has it happened yet?

    What a surprise barfing hard.

  • I would rather us forfeit than ever see Brandy under center again......Not kidding.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @d-bone said:

    I would rather us forfeit than ever see Brandy under center again......Not kidding.

    LMAO...

    @clevfan4life said:

    ...is DA on someone's roster?

    DA is a Panther.

  • @d-bone said:

    I would rather us forfeit than ever see Brandy under center again......Not kidding.

    LMAO...

    @clevfan4life said:

    ...is DA on someone's roster?

    DA is a Panther.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    LMAO...

    DA is a Panther.

    DA has 0 passing attempts and 4 rushing attempts for negative -2 yards on the season.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27

    DA... made for the WildDawg... lol....

  • @tour2ma said:

    LMAO...

    DA is a Panther.

    DA has 0 passing attempts and 4 rushing attempts for negative -2 yards on the season.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    DA has 0 passing attempts and 4 rushing attempts for negative -2 yards on the season.

    and if campbell goes down I would absolutely rather see what DA's got left than see #3 run out there again.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    DA has 0 passing attempts and 4 rushing attempts for negative -2 yards on the season.

    and if campbell goes down I would absolutely rather see what DA's got left than see #3 run out there again.

    XanthrosX Xanthros wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @clevfan4life said:

    and if campbell goes down I would absolutely rather see what DA's got left than see #3 run out there again.

    Are we serious...how many DA comparisons does Weeden need to have to remember that not only did DA originate the #3 jersey HELL, but they are the exact same QB!!!!!?!?!?!?!

    I for one will take a pass on that. As was stated previously we ride it out with "Flipper" Weeds. In the event that both go down we then go after someone IMO...

  • PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson wrote on last edited by PackFanPerson
    #30

    Are you kidding me?

    GB isn't going to sign *anyone*. 🤔

    (as I speak, Flynn could be on a plane, although I rather doubt it. He has an 'elbow'. TT will not bite on that shit, says ........me.)

    Seneca didn't suck. He didn't shine, but he didn't suck. Who could blame him? "Oh, Rodgers is down, get out there and make it happen!" 🤔

    They'll probably promote the UW guy from the PS. yay. 😡

    Such is the NFL.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #31

    According to NFL network they've promoted Scott Tolzien

  • According to NFL network they've promoted Scott Tolzien

    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson wrote on last edited by PackFanPerson
    #32

    @gftchris said:

    According to NFL network they've promoted Scott Tolzien

    Correct.

    Oh joy.

    But that has not yet been reported on Packers.com.

    Let me check again. 🙂

    ETA:

    As usual, the info is lagging. Actually, I usually appreciate it.

    I 'assume' that Tolzien has been promoted, yet I don't have conformation.

  • @gftchris said:

    According to NFL network they've promoted Scott Tolzien

    Correct.

    Oh joy.

    But that has not yet been reported on Packers.com.

    Let me check again. 🙂

    ETA:

    As usual, the info is lagging. Actually, I usually appreciate it.

    I 'assume' that Tolzien has been promoted, yet I don't have conformation.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @packfanperson said:

    Correct.

    Oh joy.

    But that has not yet been reported on Packers.com.

    Let me check again. 🙂

    This is the guy, presumably, who lost out the backup job in San Fran to Colt McCoy.

  • @packfanperson said:

    Correct.

    Oh joy.

    But that has not yet been reported on Packers.com.

    Let me check again. 🙂

    This is the guy, presumably, who lost out the backup job in San Fran to Colt McCoy.

    PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson wrote on last edited by PackFanPerson
    #34

    @gftchris said:

    This is the guy, presumably, who lost out the backup job in San Fran to Colt McCoy.

    😁

    It's kind of a 'load off my mind' thing.

    Now that I doubt we can make the playoffs, it will be interesting to see who plays well and who doesn't.

  • @gftchris said:

    This is the guy, presumably, who lost out the backup job in San Fran to Colt McCoy.

    😁

    It's kind of a 'load off my mind' thing.

    Now that I doubt we can make the playoffs, it will be interesting to see who plays well and who doesn't.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @packfanperson said:

    😁

    It's kind of a 'load off my mind' thing.

    Now that I doubt we can make the playoffs, it will be interesting to see who plays well and who doesn't.

    Really- sucks to lose your stating qb- especially Rodgers- at least he isn't done for the year. I thought we lost Campbell too after Ngata put a body slam on him.

  • PackFanPersonP PackFanPerson wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Thank you, hoorta.

    We'll see whether or not he's done for the year. All players want to play. Sometimes the coach wants to believe them.
    We'll see.

    Sorry for jacking the thread.