Skip to content

More Good News... Pinky's Back!

The Browns Board
19 11 1.1k
  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/05/browns-get-jason-pinkston-back/ Browns get Jason Pinkston back
    Posted by Michael David Smith on November 5, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
    350x-616.jpg?w=250AP

    The Browns have been playing better, and now they’re getting healthier.

    Today Cleveland activated offensive lineman Jason Pinkston from injured reserve/designated for return after he had missed the whole season so far with a high ankle sprain suffered in the preseason.

    A 2011 fifth-round draft pick, Pinkston started all 16 games as a rookie and started six games last season before being placed on injured reserve after blood clots were found in his lungs. If he’s healthy and ready to play well, he can make the Browns’ offensive line better.

    Coming off a win over the Ravens on Sunday, the Browns are now on their bye week and have to feel like they’re heading in the right direction. When they return next week they play at Cincinnati, and if the Browns win that game they’re in contention to win the AFC North.

  • Glad to hear. He'll get another week to get into rhythm and this should only help us out!

  • Good news just keeps coming..........The tide is changing.

  • He was slated to start at right guard before the injury... and didn't we also draft some highly rated guy who was supposed to be a first rounder if not for injury? Plus Gilkey?

    I think we're gonna have plenty of guards next year.

  • He was slated to start at right guard before the injury... and didn't we also draft some highly rated guy who was supposed to be a first rounder if not for injury? Plus Gilkey?

    I think we're gonna have plenty of guards next year.

    @shep said:

    He was slated to start at right guard before the injury... and didn't we also draft some highly rated guy who was supposed to be a first rounder if not for injury? Plus Gilkey?

    I think we're gonna have plenty of guards next year.

    The guy you're thinking of is Chris Faulk from LSU. Browns signed him as an UFA. If he gets & stays healthy, has a great upside.

    Mike

  • Faulk and Jamoris Slaughter were both slated to be high draft picks before getting season ending injuries. Next season we should hopefully see more of both.

  • And I know the Browns like Gilkey. That's a lot of guard competition next year.

    But knowing the Browns tried to trade for Eugene Monroe doesn't bode well for Schwartz. But (again), he and the line in general have looked very different when Weeden isn't playing QB.

    As run blockers, they also look very different when McGahee isn't getting the rock. Obie always seems to have holes to run through, doesn't he?

  • Just read an article talking about the run - apparently PFF has Luavao as a -11.5 for run blocking on the season. Not good.

  • Dont get overly excited. He'll need atleast a month to get his football legs back...but ,good to hear none the less...

  • Dont get overly excited. He'll need atleast a month to get his football legs back...but ,good to hear none the less...

    @nickers said:

    Dont get overly excited. He'll need atleast a month to get his football legs back...but ,good to hear none the less...

    He's been practicing with the team the last two weeks.

    Zombo

  • Yeah, but I'm betting the line got bad grades for pass blocking when Weeden was getting sacked all the time, too, right?

    Honestly, I like McGahee but he looks like he's running in lead boots. I'd rather see a lot more of the Muppets, Obie and Fozzy.

  • Yeah, but I'm betting the line got bad grades for pass blocking when Weeden was getting sacked all the time, too, right?

    Honestly, I like McGahee but he looks like he's running in lead boots. I'd rather see a lot more of the Muppets, Obie and Fozzy.

    @shep said:

    Yeah, but I'm betting the line got bad grades for pass blocking when Weeden was getting sacked all the time, too, right?

    Honestly, I like McGahee but he looks like he's running in lead boots. I'd rather see a lot more of the Muppets, Obie and Fozzy.

    I agree,he looks very sluggish but. He still runs hard...I like him but, would like a younger McGahee

  • anything that can help the OL (even at depth) is great news in my book.

  • Dont get overly excited. He'll need atleast a month to get his football legs back...but ,good to hear none the less...

    @nickers said:

    He'll need atleast a month to get his football legs back...but ,good to hear none the less...

    Good... I hope they do not rush Pinky back into the starting line up.

  • Lol, I couldn't help thinking of the porn star when I saw the title.

  • That's my point: With Greco, Lauvao, Pinkson, Gilkey, and Faulk... how do we not have depth and competition?

    It's guard. In Green Bay and New England, my drunk brother-in-law starts.

  • Yeah, but I'm betting the line got bad grades for pass blocking when Weeden was getting sacked all the time, too, right?

    Honestly, I like McGahee but he looks like he's running in lead boots. I'd rather see a lot more of the Muppets, Obie and Fozzy.

    @shep said:

    Yeah, but I'm betting the line got bad grades for pass blocking when Weeden was getting sacked all the time, too, right?

    Honestly, I like McGahee but he looks like he's running in lead boots. I'd rather see a lot more of the Muppets, Obie and Fozzy.

    I like it. The Muppets Obie and Fozzy. And really, McGahee is a muppet name too. That name could catch on....if those guys could actually do anything.

  • I would consider benching Luvey for Pinkston for two reasons: One, Luvey is a horrible run blocker and we may need that skill with the cold weather games coming up. Two, Luvey is a free agent and we should probably just let him go, so we might want to get Pinkston in there now if he is the leading candidate to start next year.

    That said ... I don't think they make the change because the pass blocking and Camps has been largely in sync the past two weeks against good pass rushing teams.

    Zombo

  • We're on a bit of a roll right now on offense so I doubt we'll make a change in the next game. If we keep playing well, Pinkston keeps sitting. Next year, that's a lot of camp competition when Faulk's healthy.