Skip to content

Why we would draft a QB

The Browns Board
11 9 806
  • No QB

  • I don't see any plausible scenario in which we don't draft a QB. This draft is stacked with college talent, which as we know doesn't always mean pro talent, and we have the draft picks needed to move up to get someone since we won't be finishing bad enough to have a high draft pick.

  • Yep, best positions to address in FA this year would be WR, CB and RB in terms of talent available.

  • Yep, best positions to address in FA this year would be WR, CB and RB in terms of talent available.

    @osiris said:

    Yep, best positions to address in FA this year would be WR, CB and RB in terms of talent available.

    ^100. then OL.

  • I don't mind taking a QB. I just don't want to burn picks to move up unless we move the 4th rounders to move back in to or up in round 2 or something like that.

    I am not sure I even want to spend our first, 1st round pick on a QB....just depends on who is there. We have seen with our own eyes what happens when Hoyer and or Campbell take over....we look good enough at the position. Couple that with the fact I am not all that crazy about the QB's in college this year. If a Manzel or Hundley( just throwing a couple of names out there, not pimping) is there and we like them, fine, draft them, but I don't want to burn any high picks to grab a mediocre QB.

  • I don't mind taking a QB. I just don't want to burn picks to move up unless we move the 4th rounders to move back in to or up in round 2 or something like that.

    I am not sure I even want to spend our first, 1st round pick on a QB....just depends on who is there. We have seen with our own eyes what happens when Hoyer and or Campbell take over....we look good enough at the position. Couple that with the fact I am not all that crazy about the QB's in college this year. If a Manzel or Hundley( just throwing a couple of names out there, not pimping) is there and we like them, fine, draft them, but I don't want to burn any high picks to grab a mediocre QB.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't mind taking a QB. I just don't want to burn picks to move up unless we move the 4th rounders to move back in to or up in round 2 or something like that.

    Agreed. I do believe their is enough talent in this draft that we do not need to move up to get a QB. Obviously though if the FO wants either Bridgewater or Mariota then they are going to have to move up a lot and it is going to cost us a lot.

  • It might play out to a win-win. I thought Mary Kay's rainbows and unicorns article this morning was actually really fun... and if Campbell continues to play as well as she thinks he will, he's going to be the opening day starter next year, not Brian Hoyer. Don't forget that Chud and Norv LOVE a downtown arm.

    But Campbell turns 32 on New Year's even and you have to draft a guy while you can. The Browns are building not just a really good team but a serious organization and might not win fewer than 9 or 10 games until Joe Thomas and others are retired. We have a chance to get the long-term guy this year and NOT have to start him for a year, maybe even two. It's ideal.

    If Hundley comes out, I have to set aside my feelings about his inconsistencies because he's the ideal guy to coach up, considering his rare combination of size, speed, athleticism, and arm strength. Just an example. You could say the same about Manziel or Carr. It's an opportunity the Browns won't waste.

    I keep bringing up Foles but it won't happen if Campbell plays really well and deserves to keep starting. Foles won't go anywhere to sit. He'll keep starting for the Eagles or start somewhere else.

  • I wrote a long reply and it got deleted. So this post won't be as possession filled.

    The browns have not had a QB since I liked the team in 2000

    Only people on here post like Jason and hoyer are top 10.

    We need to draft a QB and we all know it.

    Also as browns fans every single one of you should be WANTING us to draft a quarterback. We haven't had ONE.

  • I wrote a long reply and it got deleted. So this post won't be as possession filled.

    The browns have not had a QB since I liked the team in 2000

    Only people on here post like Jason and hoyer are top 10.

    We need to draft a QB and we all know it.

    Also as browns fans every single one of you should be WANTING us to draft a quarterback. We haven't had ONE.

    Fact. Browns boards are notorious for being kind of anti "pretty body QBs" or whatever. But it's self-defeating: Not wanting an elite quarterback is just dooming yourself to another 14 years like the last 14.

    @kingbman89 said:

    I wrote a long reply and it got deleted. So this post won't be as possession filled.

    The browns have not had a QB since I liked the team in 2000

    Only people on here post like Jason and hoyer are top 10.

    We need to draft a QB and we all know it.



    Also as browns fans every single one of you should be WANTING us to draft a quarterback. We haven't had ONE.

  • I think the difference this time is that we have someone, in Hoyer or Campbell, whoever it might be, that can start for 8, 16, 24 games or longer while the new guy we draft sits and learns.