Skip to content

Runningback

The Browns Board
12 9 640
  • With Arian Fosters health always in question I see the Texans wanting to keep Tate. Of course Tate has said in the past that he doesn't want to be a backup, he wants to start. It is going to be interesting to see how much money the Texans offer him to stay versus how much we offer him, if we do indeed go after him, to come to Cleveland and be the starter.

    Here is a link for other FA RBs, both UFA and RFA;

    http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=RB&Year=2014

    The only one I would take a chance on is Tate.

    If we don't get Tate we will probably be drafting someone. I like the Washington and Baylor RBs a lot and the Oregon RB would be an interesting pickup if we got him late enough.

  • Agree on Tate as a UFA target. I think he is the stand out choice for rushing.

    THIS JUST IN: Arian Foster is out for season and expected to need back surgury...

    I also like the Vike's Toby Gerhart. He's a very good receiving RB and during Toby's fill in for an injured AP in 2011 he averaged 4.9 ypc.

    He's not a UFA yet, but I still like KC's RB, Cyrus Gray. He came out of A&M a couple drafts ago and is languishing behind Charles and Davis. Cheap trade lands him.

    In the 2014 draft I still love Wisconsin's James White. He had another great day yesterday. He uses his blockers as well as any back coming out of college and is a really good receiver. DraftScout currently projects him as a 5th Round pick with 4.52 speed.

  • Dion Lewis will be in the running next year for sure. This year, I would like to see Obi get more carries, but it is what it is for this year. We'll take a back next year in RDs 3-5 but I highly doubt we spend a pick on one earlier because of Lewis, unless Chud is just in love.

  • Dion Lewis will be the guy next year & maybe we can get Hyde (or a big back like him) with a 4th or 5th rounder (maybe the late 3rd). We'll see.

    Mike

  • Agree on Tate as a UFA target. I think he is the stand out choice for rushing.

    THIS JUST IN: Arian Foster is out for season and expected to need back surgury...

    I also like the Vike's Toby Gerhart. He's a very good receiving RB and during Toby's fill in for an injured AP in 2011 he averaged 4.9 ypc.

    He's not a UFA yet, but I still like KC's RB, Cyrus Gray. He came out of A&M a couple drafts ago and is languishing behind Charles and Davis. Cheap trade lands him.

    In the 2014 draft I still love Wisconsin's James White. He had another great day yesterday. He uses his blockers as well as any back coming out of college and is a really good receiver. DraftScout currently projects him as a 5th Round pick with 4.52 speed.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree on Tate as a UFA target. I think he is the stand out choice for rushing.

    THIS JUST IN: Arian Foster is out for season and expected to need back surgury...

    I also like the Vike's Toby Gerhart. He's a very good receiving RB and during Toby's fill in for an injured AP in 2011 he averaged 4.9 ypc.

    He's not a UFA yet, but I still like KC's RB, Cyrus Gray. He came out of A&M a couple drafts ago and is languishing behind Charles and Davis. Cheap trade lands him.

    In the 2014 draft I still love Wisconsin's James White. He had another great day yesterday. He uses his blockers as well as any back coming out of college and is a really good receiver. DraftScout currently projects him as a 5th Round pick with 4.52 speed.

    I think Gerhart would be the perfect thunder to the lightning of Dion Lewis and Fozzy Bear.

    Sign him. There. We're done.

    Zombo

  • Michael Dyer would be a great mid round pick. He was the second rated RB coming out of high school behind Marcus Lattimore and has tremendous talent, he just has some problems off the field.

    We can afford to take a questionably sober talent at this point. If he bombs out, we only wasted a mid round pick on him. If he overcomes his issues and becomes a great RB, we'll look like geniuses.

  • They like Gerhart in Minnesota, my in-laws are from there so I follow and root for them whenever they don't play the Browns. I see them resigning him unless he wants too much money.

  • I feel we should draft a fast and elusive back capable of eluding defenders with the ball. one of our 1st 3 picks in the top 2 rounds.

    Power backs don't cut it for us.

  • i agree UNLESS we have a dynamite FB, but now you are talking about 2 positions (2 picks).

    we need to find a guy who will break defenders ankles AND be able to run a 4.4 forty. hell put cameron in the backfield for a couple of touches.

  • Cameron is not breaking anyones ankles..lol