Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Incognito

Incognito

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 17 Posters 955 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Sheepdog S
    • 292 Posts
    • 7 Reputation
    S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by Sheepdog
    #1

    With everything going on in Miami, I can see one of the only ways for the Dolphins to right the ship is to release Incognito. If they did release him what does everyone think about signing him? There is no doubt that he would be an upgrade at Guard and he would bring another level of physicalness to our team.

    And just so I am clear, I in no way agree with or condone what he said. I just want to know everyone's opinion about bringing him to our team if the opportunity presented itself. I don't want this to become about bullying/hazing or about what Incognito said, I just want to talk football.

    Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or forsee a fight. -The Havamal (Book of Viking Wisdom)
    TopDawg31T T Tour2maT 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • next2nothing next2nothingN Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 693 Posts
      • 9 Reputation
      next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I think Incognito is a good o-lineman but a shitty human being off the field.

      IF he does get released, I don't think any team will touch him this year, or at least till all this shit settles way down. It would be a PR nightmare to sign Incognito if he gets released.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
        • 28k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
        #3

        In a heartbeat.

        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 125 Reputation
          OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole. We can address any OL issues through the draft. I'd much rather have this guy:

          http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/55776/uclas-xavier-sua-filo-quietly-a-pac-12-force

          "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Richiswhere RichiswhereR Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 1k Posts
            • 108 Reputation
            RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
            #5

            NO and that's before this Martin stuff ever came up.

            "You see the Rams are still thinking that they are playing Tony Dorsett" -Jim Brown 1978
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 8k Posts
              • 3k Reputation
              D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Hell no. We have much better options.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • slowburn slowburnS
                • 2k Posts
                • 116 Reputation
                slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
                #7

                I believe that Incog is pathologically ill. Too much head trauma, too many roids, drug and alcohol abuse? Prolly all of the above. He crossed the line with his treatment of Martin and left behind plenty of hard copy evidence. The Fish knew he was a head case when they brought him in and have covered for him numerous times on behavior that any of us would have gone to jail for. How much did the fish pay to make the golf outing victim go away? Owner Stephen Ross will be forced to clean house from the front office down to the towel boy. This is Philbin's first NFL head coaching job and his last. the fish can't say they weren't warned of incogs boorish behavior. the current political climate has bullying ranked just below child molestation on the list of bad behaviors. Miami couldn't have a worse time for their problem child to have his big melt down.

                tumblr_mowue5T7XA1s9eruyo1_500.gif

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • S Sheepdog

                  With everything going on in Miami, I can see one of the only ways for the Dolphins to right the ship is to release Incognito. If they did release him what does everyone think about signing him? There is no doubt that he would be an upgrade at Guard and he would bring another level of physicalness to our team.

                  And just so I am clear, I in no way agree with or condone what he said. I just want to know everyone's opinion about bringing him to our team if the opportunity presented itself. I don't want this to become about bullying/hazing or about what Incognito said, I just want to talk football.

                  TopDawg31 TopDawg31T Very Popular
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 167 Reputation
                  TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @sheepdog said:

                  With everything going on in Miami, I can see one of the only ways for the Dolphins to right the ship is to release Incognito. If they did release him what does everyone think about signing him? There is no doubt that he would be an upgrade at Guard and he would bring another level of physicalness to our team.

                  And just so I am clear, I in no way agree with or condone what he said. I just want to know everyone's opinion about bringing him to our team if the opportunity presented itself. I don't want this to become about bullying/hazing or about what Incognito said, I just want to talk football.

                  That would be way too big of a distraction, this regime would never invite the bullshit that would accompany that signing.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 8k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Richie Incognito is a dumpster fire of a human from a water trash family.

                    I hope he gets hit by a bus.

                    I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Shep S
                      • 961 Posts
                      • 55 Reputation
                      S Shep wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      There's some talk he won't be playing anywhere for a while. The Dolphins haven't done a good job of stepping up in a constructive way... so the league will. Incognito's history makes you lose your lunch a little when you hear the Dolphins "assigned him" to lead the offensive line.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • gftChris gftChrisG
                        • 13k Posts
                        • 428 Reputation
                        gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        No thanks. He's just not even close to bein the 'high character' player that the FO is looking to bring in, so there's that, and I think he's end up pulling the same shit here. Don't want that kind of guy on the team.

                        Also, it'll be interesting to see where Martin winds up. Probably some 'safe' place that's full of high character guys, like us or Cinci.

                        Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          HELL NO! He's been poison at every stop. A guy like that can ruin Team morale & cohesiveness.

                          Mike

                          IN DORSEY I TRUST
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • gftChrisG gftChris

                            No thanks. He's just not even close to bein the 'high character' player that the FO is looking to bring in, so there's that, and I think he's end up pulling the same shit here. Don't want that kind of guy on the team.

                            Also, it'll be interesting to see where Martin winds up. Probably some 'safe' place that's full of high character guys, like us or Cinci.

                            Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                            • 6k Posts
                            • 221 Reputation
                            Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @gftchris said:

                            No thanks. He's just not even close to bein the 'high character' player that the FO is looking to bring in, so there's that, and I think he's end up pulling the same shit here. Don't want that kind of guy on the team.

                            Also, it'll be interesting to see where Martin winds up. Probably some 'safe' place that's full of high character guys, like us or Cinci.

                            You are joking with cincy right...

                            Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • S Sheepdog

                              With everything going on in Miami, I can see one of the only ways for the Dolphins to right the ship is to release Incognito. If they did release him what does everyone think about signing him? There is no doubt that he would be an upgrade at Guard and he would bring another level of physicalness to our team.

                              And just so I am clear, I in no way agree with or condone what he said. I just want to know everyone's opinion about bringing him to our team if the opportunity presented itself. I don't want this to become about bullying/hazing or about what Incognito said, I just want to talk football.

                              The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                              • 15k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @sheepdog said:

                              With everything going on in Miami, I can see one of the only ways for the Dolphins to right the ship is to release Incognito. If they did release him what does everyone think about signing him? There is no doubt that he would be an upgrade at Guard and he would bring another level of physicalness to our team.

                              And just so I am clear, I in no way agree with or condone what he said. I just want to know everyone's opinion about bringing him to our team if the opportunity presented itself. I don't want this to become about bullying/hazing or about what Incognito said, I just want to talk football.

                              No. He's poisonous to pr and team morale right now

                              Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • S Sheepdog

                                With everything going on in Miami, I can see one of the only ways for the Dolphins to right the ship is to release Incognito. If they did release him what does everyone think about signing him? There is no doubt that he would be an upgrade at Guard and he would bring another level of physicalness to our team.

                                And just so I am clear, I in no way agree with or condone what he said. I just want to know everyone's opinion about bringing him to our team if the opportunity presented itself. I don't want this to become about bullying/hazing or about what Incognito said, I just want to talk football.

                                Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                • 30k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @sheepdog said:

                                If they did release him what does everyone think about signing him?

                                No way, no how...

                                With all the good moves our FO has made, I cannot think of a faster way to undo the confidence growing in the Browns' fan base.

                                "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                  @sheepdog said:

                                  If they did release him what does everyone think about signing him?

                                  No way, no how...

                                  With all the good moves our FO has made, I cannot think of a faster way to undo the confidence growing in the Browns' fan base.

                                  hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 20k Posts
                                  • 5k Reputation
                                  hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @tour2ma said:

                                  No way, no how...

                                  With all the good moves our FO has made, I cannot think of a faster way to undo the confidence growing in the Browns' fan base.

                                  For those who want this POS on the Browns- I'd suggest you read the Wiki- thoroughly- and tell me with a straight face the guy isn't Trailer Trash. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Incognito For the short attention spans- couple fights with teammates at Nebraska, charged with assault. Anger management issues- kicked off the team, transferred to Oregon , and promptly kicked off THAT team. More recently- let's hold linemen meetings in a Strip Club, and how much did the Dolphins have to pay that lady @ the charity golf tournament after drunk-ass Ritchie uses her for a prop at a MIley Cyrus concert?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 14k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
                                    #17

                                    Hell No!!...This guy would only be a terrible distraction to all the good,positive progress this team has made...pass....And I agree ,this is Philbin's first and last shot...too bad for him after having lost a loved one...

                                    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate