Browns picks next year
-
The steelers traded next years 3rd, there was no 4th involved.
OK, yes, they were making a lot of whirlwind trades there. The Browns switched picks with Miami in the 4th round for Davone Bess. Then with that Miami pick, they traded it to Pittsburgh for there 3rd rounder in 2014. Then they traded their 5th rounder to Indy for Indy's 4th rounder next year.
Then of course they traded TR for the Colts #1 next year.
Maybe then they will use those picks to get some real talent.
-
I was upset we didn't get Rambo, personally.
I don't think you're referring to me, though.
-And Rambo sucks, so that was a bad pick on my part.
Ya, the other guy was "Assmunch" (guess I didn't like him).
He was in love with Phillip Thomas, and just devastated that we traded with the Steelers for a third round pick instead of drafting him, I believe he called Gipson "garbage".
UPDATE:
Browns: #5 in defense in NFL
Gipson: Starting every week and playing well
3rd round pick: Looking like upper third of the third round
Thomas: ripped his foot up in August, never played a down
Assmunch: hopefully found his way to Barking Tard.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Ya, the other guy was "Assmunch" (guess I didn't like him).
He was in love with Phillip Thomas, and just devastated that we traded with the Steelers for a third round pick instead of drafting him, I believe he called Gipson "garbage".
UPDATE:
Browns: #5 in defense in NFL
Gipson: Starting every week and playing well
3rd round pick: Looking like upper third of the third round
Thomas: ripped his foot up in August, never played a down
Assmunch: hopefully found his way to Barking Tard.
Zombo
In truth, I also thought Gipson would be garbage.
And I still think we have a hole at FS, no matter how well he's currently playing. I think he's peaked.
I'll be stubborn on this one.
-
Zombo said:
Ya, the other guy was "Assmunch" (guess I didn't like him).
He was in love with Phillip Thomas, and just devastated that we traded with the Steelers for a third round pick instead of drafting him, I believe he called Gipson "garbage".
UPDATE:
Browns: #5 in defense in NFL
Gipson: Starting every week and playing well
3rd round pick: Looking like upper third of the third round
Thomas: ripped his foot up in August, never played a down
Assmunch: hopefully found his way to Barking Tard.
Zombo
In truth, I also thought Gipson would be garbage.
And I still think we have a hole at FS, no matter how well he's currently playing. I think he's peaked.
I'll be stubborn on this one.
In truth, I also thought Gipson would be garbage.
And I still think we have a hole at FS, no matter how well he's currently playing. I think he's peaked.
I'll be stubborn on this one.
You could be right.
And with 7 picks in the top 4 rounds, if the admin agrees with you there will be new talent to compete at the position next year.
Any way you look at it ... Good trade.
Who did Pukesburgh take by the way, and how is he doing?
Z
-
In truth, I also thought Gipson would be garbage.
And I still think we have a hole at FS, no matter how well he's currently playing. I think he's peaked.
I'll be stubborn on this one.
You could be right.
And with 7 picks in the top 4 rounds, if the admin agrees with you there will be new talent to compete at the position next year.
Any way you look at it ... Good trade.
Who did Pukesburgh take by the way, and how is he doing?
Z
Zombo said:
You could be right.
And with 7 picks in the top 4 rounds, if the admin agrees with you there will be new talent to compete at the position next year.
Any way you look at it ... Good trade.
Who did Pukesburgh take by the way, and how is he doing?
Z
I have no idea.
I had no qualms about the trade. I just wanted us to address S, and not with Slaughter.
-
When you look at those draft picks ... You have to admire what this front office has done in such a short time.
Next year, we sign Mack and Ward (or franchise one of them), Weve got two veteran QBs returning to compliment a rookie, we get the speed of Benjamin and Dion Lewis back ... We have free agent money to burn and seven picks in the top four rounds, including two first rounders.
Our only big loss should be DC Horton who WILL be coaching one of these shitty teams next year.
If Campbell plays well down the stretch and allows us not to panic at the QB position ... We will be the IT team next year.
We beat Cincy and Pittsburgh the next two weeks ... They will have changed the culture in less than one year ... Something no one else could do in four or five.
Z
-
Shamarko Thomas.... 8 tackles.... Sucks balls
-
But I did want CLE to draft him at the time, thought we were going to until they announced the trade
-
On top of not making any tackles, Shamarko had a terrific ankle breaking whiff last Sunday that was repeatedly shown on ESPN and NFLN. He blows and he's like 4'11".
Couch, that was actually pretty funny about Gipson! We do fuck and marry our opinions sometimes. Me included.
-
When you look at those draft picks ... You have to admire what this front office has done in such a short time.
Next year, we sign Mack and Ward (or franchise one of them), Weve got two veteran QBs returning to compliment a rookie, we get the speed of Benjamin and Dion Lewis back ... We have free agent money to burn and seven picks in the top four rounds, including two first rounders.
Our only big loss should be DC Horton who WILL be coaching one of these shitty teams next year.
If Campbell plays well down the stretch and allows us not to panic at the QB position ... We will be the IT team next year.
We beat Cincy and Pittsburgh the next two weeks ... They will have changed the culture in less than one year ... Something no one else could do in four or five.
Z
Zombo said:
We beat Cincy and Pittsburgh the next two weeks ... They will have changed the culture in less than one year ... Something no one else could do in four or five.
It was a little more than a year...
Loathe as I am to credit anything to the Holmgren-Shurmur era, they did leave the foundation of a very good defense behind them.
Then again I guess we could just credit Dick Jauron....
As for what we do with our amassed picks...
I suspect a couple will be rolled out (and up) to the 2015 draft via trade. I also would not be surpised if at least one was traded down and included a 2015 pick.
I just get the feeling this FO really likes having a full ammo belt going into any draft... just like NE.
-
Zombo said:
We beat Cincy and Pittsburgh the next two weeks ... They will have changed the culture in less than one year ... Something no one else could do in four or five.
It was a little more than a year...
Loathe as I am to credit anything to the Holmgren-Shurmur era, they did leave the foundation of a very good defense behind them.
Then again I guess we could just credit Dick Jauron....
As for what we do with our amassed picks...
I suspect a couple will be rolled out (and up) to the 2015 draft via trade. I also would not be surpised if at least one was traded down and included a 2015 pick.
I just get the feeling this FO really likes having a full ammo belt going into any draft... just like NE.
Suweeet post. They're big picture guys.
It was a little more than a year...
Loathe as I am to credit anything to the Holmgren-Shurmur era, they did leave the foundation of a very good defense behind them.
Then again I guess we could just credit Dick Jauron....
As for what we do with our amassed picks...
I suspect a couple will be rolled out (and up) to the 2015 draft via trade. I also would not be surpised if at least one was traded down and included a 2015 pick.
I just get the feeling this FO really likes having a full ammo belt going into any draft... just like NE.
-
Shamarko Thomas is a rookie safety in a historically very difficult defense to learn. Troy polamalu wasn't very good his first year in the league either so much so that in the more closed minded steeper circles he was labeled as "bustamalu" and we all saw how that turned out. (He also doesn't start). I'm not exactly sure what you expect from the guy. A rookie that occasionally sees the field in the big nickel only has 8 tackles and he whiffed on one LAST WEEK. Ohhhh me ooooo my.Shamarko Thomas.... 8 tackles.... Sucks balls
Edit* where do you check stats? It took me 2 minutes to find out he has 26 tackles on the season. He did just suffer a high ankle sprain though so he will be down for a little while to a while.
-
Shamarko Thomas is a rookie safety in a historically very difficult defense to learn. Troy polamalu wasn't very good his first year in the league either so much so that in the more closed minded steeper circles he was labeled as "bustamalu" and we all saw how that turned out. (He also doesn't start). I'm not exactly sure what you expect from the guy. A rookie that occasionally sees the field in the big nickel only has 8 tackles and he whiffed on one LAST WEEK. Ohhhh me ooooo my.Shamarko Thomas.... 8 tackles.... Sucks balls
Edit* where do you check stats? It took me 2 minutes to find out he has 26 tackles on the season. He did just suffer a high ankle sprain though so he will be down for a little while to a while.
Shamarko Thomas is a rookie safety in a historically very difficult defense to learn. Troy polamalu wasn't very good his first year in the league either so much so that in the more closed minded steeper circles he was labeled as "bustamalu" and we all saw how that turned out. (He also doesn't start). I'm not exactly sure what you expect from the guy. A rookie that occasionally sees the field in the big nickel only has 8 tackles and he whiffed on one LAST WEEK. Ohhhh me ooooo my.
Edit* where do you check stats? It took me 2 minutes to find out he has 26 tackles on the season. He did just suffer a high ankle sprain though so he will be down for a little while to a while.
Moo-moo was a first round pick. So was Eric Berry- how long did it take them to learn the position? Sharkey was a low round pick- maybe he will come around like Skrine did for us. But you gave up what looks to be a high third round pick for him- if he doesn't pan out, we thank you for the generosity.

-
Shamarko Thomas is a rookie safety in a historically very difficult defense to learn. Troy polamalu wasn't very good his first year in the league either so much so that in the more closed minded steeper circles he was labeled as "bustamalu" and we all saw how that turned out. (He also doesn't start). I'm not exactly sure what you expect from the guy. A rookie that occasionally sees the field in the big nickel only has 8 tackles and he whiffed on one LAST WEEK. Ohhhh me ooooo my.
Edit* where do you check stats? It took me 2 minutes to find out he has 26 tackles on the season. He did just suffer a high ankle sprain though so he will be down for a little while to a while.
Moo-moo was a first round pick. So was Eric Berry- how long did it take them to learn the position? Sharkey was a low round pick- maybe he will come around like Skrine did for us. But you gave up what looks to be a high third round pick for him- if he doesn't pan out, we thank you for the generosity.

Moo-moo was a first round pick. So was Eric Berry- how long did it take them to learn the position? Sharkey was a low round pick- maybe he will come around like Skrine did for us. But you gave up what looks to be a high third round pick for him- if he doesn't pan out, we thank you for the generosity.

Shark is a high character guy, with a crazy motor. If he were taller he would have been drafted higher.
-
Shamarko Thomas is a rookie safety in a historically very difficult defense to learn. Troy polamalu wasn't very good his first year in the league either so much so that in the more closed minded steeper circles he was labeled as "bustamalu" and we all saw how that turned out. (He also doesn't start). I'm not exactly sure what you expect from the guy. A rookie that occasionally sees the field in the big nickel only has 8 tackles and he whiffed on one LAST WEEK. Ohhhh me ooooo my.Shamarko Thomas.... 8 tackles.... Sucks balls
Edit* where do you check stats? It took me 2 minutes to find out he has 26 tackles on the season. He did just suffer a high ankle sprain though so he will be down for a little while to a while.
Shamarko Thomas is a rookie safety in a historically very difficult defense to learn. Troy polamalu wasn't very good his first year in the league either so much so that in the more closed minded steeper circles he was labeled as "bustamalu" and we all saw how that turned out. (He also doesn't start). I'm not exactly sure what you expect from the guy. A rookie that occasionally sees the field in the big nickel only has 8 tackles and he whiffed on one LAST WEEK. Ohhhh me ooooo my.
Edit* where do you check stats? It took me 2 minutes to find out he has 26 tackles on the season. He did just suffer a high ankle sprain though so he will be down for a little while to a while.
Sure, no rookies should be judged harshly during their first years. (though of course YOU would judge any Browns rookie that way).
Example: I suspect that you are probably already to declare the Browns 3rd round DB pick, Leon McFadden a bust right now.
As for stats usually you can go to PFR, but in the case of a rookie I don't think they have his stats up yet.
But I guess you can get them from ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15992/shamarko-thomas
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15854/leon-mcfadden
-
When you look at those draft picks ... You have to admire what this front office has done in such a short time.
Next year, we sign Mack and Ward (or franchise one of them), Weve got two veteran QBs returning to compliment a rookie, we get the speed of Benjamin and Dion Lewis back ... We have free agent money to burn and seven picks in the top four rounds, including two first rounders.
Our only big loss should be DC Horton who WILL be coaching one of these shitty teams next year.
If Campbell plays well down the stretch and allows us not to panic at the QB position ... We will be the IT team next year.
We beat Cincy and Pittsburgh the next two weeks ... They will have changed the culture in less than one year ... Something no one else could do in four or five.
Z
Zombo said:
When you look at those draft picks ... You have to admire what this front office has done in such a short time.
Next year, we sign Mack and Ward (or franchise one of them), Weve got two veteran QBs returning to compliment a rookie, we get the speed of Benjamin and Dion Lewis back ... We have free agent money to burn and seven picks in the top four rounds, including two first rounders.
Our only big loss should be DC Horton who WILL be coaching one of these shitty teams next year.
If Campbell plays well down the stretch and allows us not to panic at the QB position ... We will be the IT team next year.
We beat Cincy and Pittsburgh the next two weeks ... They will have changed the culture in less than one year ... Something no one else could do in four or five.
Z
Couldn't of said it better! Exactly what I believe too. These next 2 weeks are huge for the Browns and the team knows it
Cleveland +5.5 points or even better +200 moneyline this week looks too good to be true
-
@mike-h said:
Not sure why people want to continue to bash tashaun Gipson. Because he was undrafted?
Horton just named him the defensive MVP through nine games. He doesn't make mistakes and is better than average.
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=25301
Last off-season I predicted he'd make the final roster, but I didn't think he'd pan out to be this good. Ecstatic for him and the D.
Its the name. T. Gipson. No doubt that makes him world class.
-
Gipson's really good. The whole defense is really good. We need zero new starters next year. I'd like an ILB to develop and a corner with size for nickel packages.
Gipson's really good. The whole defense is really good. We need zero new starters next year. I'd like an ILB to develop and a corner with size for nickel packages.
Yea, another ILB would be good, but as noted elsewhere there are none coming out that are rated much better than a 2d 3rd round pick.
(Khalil Mack is an OLB, nay?)
Really, it is the RB position in which we seem weakest.....but we know the analysis there. Don't get an RB in the 1st round.
Of course then their is the QB. Maybe another WR or TE, or OG.
Maybe just the offensive BPA.
-
Totally agree, Gip. DQJ and Robertson will continue to start but I'd like to snag an ILB around the top of 4 to develop behind them. You can get good value there. Linebackers are getting as devalued as RBs in a passing league, and you want them smaller and faster inside so they can cover. I keep bringing up Trevathan, who fell to 6 and is killing it in Denver.
Running back could be top of 3 or maybe even 2nd round. Another corner could be in 3... have a feeling McFadden's gonna seriously come on as the year progresses. I'd keep those first three picks for offensive playmakers, starting with the QB.
Sort of depends on what we do in free agency. We'll be pretty active.
-
Well, we can't draft 10 players b/c we won't have room for them on the roster. That would be a waste of draft picks. I see the team targeting a player and trading up at some point, either in the first or 2nd. We also have to add some FA pieces to get the salary cap up to par. Overall, we are in a great position and I could see us doing some trading out, especially in rounds 3 and 4, to get picks for 2015 (as another poster said), same as we did last year...
Surprisingly, I will have far less worry going into this draft. I could really care less what we do b/c I trust the Banner-run FO, and b/c we have far less holes to fill than past years. If we trade all the picks to get Bridgewater... fine with me... There are only really a couple guys who I see as potential busts that I do not want us to target, other than that it should just be fun to see which direction they go...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login