Skip to content

Going to Cintucky...

The Browns Board
19 8 654
  • @cbus-brownie said:

    1st time going to that toothless hillbilly hellhole on the river...anyone else going? What are Browns fans showing like at their shitty stadium? We're rolling out 4 deep from Cbus before 6am to post up. Interested to know whether we'll be on hostile battlegrounds and grossly outnumbered....or if Ohio's teams fanbase moves in and takes control like it should...

    @ithika said:

    Im in Dayton and have been to many Bengals vs Browns games. Cincy fans are not very loud or aggressive. Being a Reds fan i really wish they were, but its night and day difference from a game in Cleve compared to Cincy. I'll be there with a bus full of about 50 heading down from Dayton. Its about half and half mix of Browns Bengals fans. Looking fwd to this one.

    Agreed, I also live in Dayton, and have made the road trip many times. Don't be afraid to wear your colors, but don't be obnoxious about it. You may run into a few drunk a-hole Bengal fans wanting to give you grief, but it's the exception, not the rule. There have been times when the Bengals really sucked Browns fans have out cheered the Stripers in their own crib. Steeler fans did it as recently as a couple years ago. That won't be the case Sunday, as the Fairweather Bandwagonners will be out in full force.

    @tour2ma said:

    DO NOT eat the chili....

    Absolutely- Cinci "chilli" if you want to call it that- is an abomination. Skyline and Gold Star- take a plate of spaghetti noodles, dump flavored ground beef and chill beans on top, add some shredded cheese, and voila! Five way Cinci Chilli. Barf.

    @hoorta said:

    Absolutely- Cinci "chilli" if you want to call it that- is an abomination. Skyline and Gold Star- take a plate of spaghetti noodles, dump flavored ground beef and chill beans on top, add some shredded cheese, and voila! Five way Cinci Chilli. Barf.

    You forgot onions... but nothing can cover up the "flavor" of that "chili".

    Secret ingredient is chocolate (or cocoa)...

    Speaking of chocolate tho...

    If you pass by a Grader's Ice Cream shop... Stop!

    Great, slow-churn, ice creams and dark chocolate that have to be sampled to be believed.

  • This

    post-80-0-01869500-1384586503_thumb.jpg

  • tour and ithaka...........man i used to go down route 4 and then go west through dayton all the time when going back to ft. knox for shits and giggles.

    man i love their BB team. they always got somethin good going on.

    made a great friend in germany from dayton. mad freckled faced mix blk/wht last name buckner.

    i had to give a speech on my way out back to the states at the NCO club and called his black wife the 'best fuck i had during the 3 years there'.

    of course it was a joke. BUT certain E5, 6's didn't find it that funny (nor my friend).

    ended up in the grease pit for a deuce and a half.

    man, nobody gets me.

  • Skyline chili is the bomb not sure why you guys don't like it. Its a staple of food in southern Ohio. I like it so much I but it by the can and make it for my family over noodles often. I think the secret ingredient is cinnamon.

  • Also the banks around the football stadium and baseball stadium are an amazing place to party. You need to hit up the Christian morlein restaurant bar it is awesome. Lots of good places to eat drink and party I love Cindy. Just not the hetto part lol.

  • Leave it to the Queen City to party at a bank...

  • i want to know what a christian morlein restaurant bar is??????

  • I tried Skyline chili once, never again. Give me some real chili and i like to mix pinto beans in also for some added fiber.

  • i want to know what a christian morlein restaurant bar is??????

    @miktoxic said:

    i want to know what a christian morlein restaurant bar is??????

    Christian Morelein? LOL, It's one of Cinci's famous local beers- haven't tried it in years- my memory says in isn't very good Right up there with Little Kings Cream Ale and Schoenling.

    http://www.moerleinlagerhouse.com/

    And regarding Skyline- I'm a chilli purist- no f**king noodles in my chilli please. You want to make some real chilli? Use this stuff for your base. 🙂http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

  • @miktoxic said:

    i want to know what a christian morlein restaurant bar is??????

    Christian Morelein? LOL, It's one of Cinci's famous local beers- haven't tried it in years- my memory says in isn't very good Right up there with Little Kings Cream Ale and Schoenling.

    http://www.moerleinlagerhouse.com/

    And regarding Skyline- I'm a chilli purist- no f**king noodles in my chilli please. You want to make some real chilli? Use this stuff for your base. 🙂http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

    @hoorta said:

    Christian Morelein? LOL, It's one of Cinci's famous local beers- haven't tried it in years- my memory says in isn't very good Right up there with Little Kings Cream Ale and Schoenling.

    http://www.moerleinlagerhouse.com/

    And regarding Skyline- I'm a chilli purist- no f**king noodles in my chilli please. You want to make some real chilli? Use this stuff for your base. 🙂http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

    Say it isn't so Hoorta, you are from Ohio and don't like Little Kings?! One of my favorites
  • @hoorta said:

    Christian Morelein? LOL, It's one of Cinci's famous local beers- haven't tried it in years- my memory says in isn't very good Right up there with Little Kings Cream Ale and Schoenling.

    http://www.moerleinlagerhouse.com/

    And regarding Skyline- I'm a chilli purist- no f**king noodles in my chilli please. You want to make some real chilli? Use this stuff for your base. 🙂http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

    Say it isn't so Hoorta, you are from Ohio and don't like Little Kings?! One of my favorites

    @comeonman said:

    Say it isn't so Hoorta, you are from Ohio and don't like Little Kings?! One of my favorites

    I have only one rule when it comes to beer ABM- Anything But Miller. Little Kings are OK. I'm more of a Great Lakes\ import kind of guy when I'm drinking beer- which isn't often. Right now enjoying my first Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale.

  • @comeonman said:

    Say it isn't so Hoorta, you are from Ohio and don't like Little Kings?! One of my favorites

    I have only one rule when it comes to beer ABM- Anything But Miller. Little Kings are OK. I'm more of a Great Lakes\ import kind of guy when I'm drinking beer- which isn't often. Right now enjoying my first Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale.

    @hoorta said:

    I have only one rule when it comes to beer ABM- Anything But Miller. Little Kings are OK. I'm more of a Great Lakes\ import kind of guy when I'm drinking beer- which isn't often. Right now enjoying my first Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale.

    oh hell yeah.

    lived in tempe AZ for a couple of years after getting out of the army and everyone drank miller genuine draft. so trying to fit in i drank a couple during our sandlot volleyball games.

    doesn't mean i'd rather have a mickey's wide mouth or a little kings anyday.

  • Ex Dad-in-law lived in Blue Ash, a 'burb just north of Cinci, for most of that marriage.

    Tipped more than a few Hudepohls with him... including some at a Reds' game in old Riverfront.

    Remember it being a better than decent beer.

    But then again, I tend to stay domestic (except for Dos Equis Amber with Tex-Mex) and don't mind Miller...