Skip to content

Josh Gordon

The Browns Board
17 13 855
  • Josh has 751 yards this year. The Browns record is 1289 by Ozzie. Josh needs 538 yards in the next 6 games 90 yards a game and he breaks the All time record in Cleveland in 14 games with 3 QBs throwing him the ball WOW

    @tampadawgs said:

    Josh has 751 yards this year. The Browns record is 1289 by Ozzie. Josh needs 538 yards in the next 6 games 90 yards a game and he breaks the All time record in Cleveland in 14 games with 3 QBs throwing him the ball WOW

    He should get half of that 538 this week ...

    Zombo

  • Some have went from hating/wanting him gone to probably wanting his contract extended now.

  • Some have went from hating/wanting him gone to probably wanting his contract extended now.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Some have went from hating/wanting him gone to probably wanting his contract extended now.

    I'd offer him an extension, but with a clause that would void it if he uses any substances. Also, I'd require him to have at least 2 security personnel at all times in public, and a personal mentor to help him mature on and off the field...

    Guy has immense talent... just has to get/keep his head on straight and he's right there with the elite...

  • Some have went from hating/wanting him gone to probably wanting his contract extended now.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Some have went from hating/wanting him gone to probably wanting his contract extended now.

    The only problem I have with Gordon is he obviously has what I call 'Randy Moss syndrome.' When the ball is going his way he looks good, but other times he looks like he doesn't give a shit out there. I guess that's something you have to deal with though.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Some have went from hating/wanting him gone to probably wanting his contract extended now.

    I'd offer him an extension, but with a clause that would void it if he uses any substances. Also, I'd require him to have at least 2 security personnel at all times in public, and a personal mentor to help him mature on and off the field...

    Guy has immense talent... just has to get/keep his head on straight and he's right there with the elite...

    @thenew23 said:

    I'd offer him an extension, but with a clause that would void it if he uses any substances. Also, I'd require him to have at least 2 security personnel at all times in public, and a personal mentor to help him mature on and off the field...

    Guy has immense talent... just has to get/keep his head on straight and he's right there with the elite...

    I wouldn't void it if he violates - he'd walk on to any other team once his suspension is up I'm sure, as a FA. Just make it low guaranteed, highly incentivised. Not even related to drug use, just put massive bonuses for TDs and receiving yards. Then he knows if he's not on the pitch he's not getting paid.

    To be fair, that's how every WR's contract should be, but I guess it's not how it works.

  • yea Gordon sometimes looks like he takes plays off and quits on his routes, its happened quite a bit this year, but its probably due to frustration cuz he has 3 qbs throwing to him


  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Some have went from hating/wanting him gone to probably wanting his contract extended now.

    The only problem I have with Gordon is he obviously has what I call 'Randy Moss syndrome.' When the ball is going his way he looks good, but other times he looks like he doesn't give a shit out there. I guess that's something you have to deal with though.

    @jrb12711 said:

    The only problem I have with Gordon is he obviously has what I call 'Randy Moss syndrome.' When the ball is going his way he looks good, but other times he looks like he doesn't give a shit out there. I guess that's something you have to deal with though.

    I've seen that too. He's still pretty young. Hopefully as he gets older he will lose that part of his mentality.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The only problem I have with Gordon is he obviously has what I call 'Randy Moss syndrome.' When the ball is going his way he looks good, but other times he looks like he doesn't give a shit out there. I guess that's something you have to deal with though.

    I've seen that too. He's still pretty young. Hopefully as he gets older he will lose that part of his mentality.

    @usfbrown said:

    I've seen that too. He's still pretty young. Hopefully as he gets older he will lose that part of his mentality.

    Yeah hopefully. As much as it pains me to say too, that 'diva' personality is a trait on some pretty close to HOF caliber wide receivers. Despite the attitude I would have taken Randy Moss/Terrell Owens etc in their prime compared to the guys we've had over the years. As long as the guy stays clean and catches the ball I guess.

  • He's a big guy, so expecting him to run the sharpest routes is a bit farfetched. And he's also 22, with plenty of time to sharpen his game. All receivers are divas anyways. Just gotta hope it isn't cancer-ish.

    And 2 security guards? Wow man. That's like giving up your freedom, which obviously is questionable for Gordon.

  • problem i have with gordon is the stuff you don't see on camera when the ball isn't thrown at him. He's a talented athlete no question...a specimen....but is he a "football player"? Like Steve Smith....how old is that dude and he's still balling

  • loved the pick then, love it now. i agree with an extension with stipulations. hell, if i was a millionaire i'd WANT a bodyguard. but he also needs a babysitter until further notice.

    send him to a chris carter or jerry rice camp in the off-season.

    definitely not a michael irvine camp.

  • Michael Irvin could better relate to the kid because he has had more than his share of legal, professional and family issues related to his own substance abuse problem. Irvin lived the drama and upheaval that arises from getting high too long and too often. Irvin is clean and sober per the latest media reports. I think Irvin would be a good mentor

  • Michael Irvin could better relate to the kid because he has had more than his share of legal, professional and family issues related to his own substance abuse problem. Irvin lived the drama and upheaval that arises from getting high too long and too often. Irvin is clean and sober per the latest media reports. I think Irvin would be a good mentor

    @slowburn said:

    Michael Irvin could better relate to the kid because he has had more than his share of legal, professional and family issues related to his own substance abuse problem. Irvin lived the drama and upheaval that arises from getting high too long and too often. Irvin is clean and sober per the latest media reports. I think Irvin would be a good mentor

    I would agree that Irvin would be a great mentor. Watch his hall of fame speech on youtube and see that he's definitely changed his life.

  • that's like sending lindsay lohan to her mom's for the weekend.

  • I would agree that he doesn't go up for every jump ball like a megatron would. i'm sure it'll take time