Movies
-
Great list dfox
Major League may be the best sports comedy ever made
Braveheart is like "dont stop believin" its overplayed and ive heard it a hundred times but theres no denying its a good song still.
Shawshank is the tits
-
Top five is tough but ill give it a whirl:
5., Toy Story.: an amazing achievement that changed animation forever. Possibly the first animated movie that parents could enjoy as much as their children
4. Aliens: the rare sequel that surpasses the original (which was also great) scary as hell to me and really gives you a hopeless isolated with no help coming feeling. The final showdown between Ripley and the queen alien is just awesome.
3. Silence of the lambs: The two best human antagonists of all time in a single film. Anybody not scared by buffalo bill? Bullshit. It puts the lotion on its skin.
2. Jaws: in my opinion the scariest movie of all time. Scarier than Texas chainsaw massacre. Scarier than exorcist. Bruce the shark is a ruthless antagonist that can't be reasoned with, can't be understood. An inhuman eating machine. Due to Spielbergs less is more approach the few scenes the shark actually appears instead of being corny are terrifying. Tell me you can watch jaws then feel comfortable swimming in the ocean. Go ahead, tell me.
1: Forrest Gump. My favorite movie of all time. I'll always watch Forrest Gump when its on. Great great movie. Possibly the most endearing character ever. You root for Gump. You know it.
Honorable mentions:
American Psycho
Shawshank redemption
Terminator 2
-
Do you think Toy Story is the greatest trilogy of all time? Its a valid argument
Jaws is Spielbergs best film, and alot of critics argue it to be one of the greatest films ever made. I actually prefer Alien to Aliens but i see why other people like the opposite. The 2nd has more action and is easier to watch. I also adore The Shining by Kubrick. Bale in American Psycho is awesome.
The only one i am sketchy with is Foress Gump. It is good, but it is overrated IMO. It beat Pulp Fiction for best picture so Thats prolly why i think so lol
-
Boogie Nights is a masterful ensemble piece with a director at the top of his game. The soundtrack is unbelievable and it is the BEST film about the 1970s period. The cast itself is a spectacle.
I guess I love Tarantino because hes consistently new and abundant in his characters, if anyone here has seen Django, you can see Quentin still has a great eye for lighting and dialogue. Anyone who doesnt like him IMO just hates the dialogue and gets bored by it, which I can see, Pulp Fiction may not be the most technically stunning film, but I love everything about it, and think its perfect besides Butch's girlfriends scene.
No one here has seen Inglorious Bastards? Amazing film. Amazing acting, amazing writing.
Jackie Brown? Alot of ppl say this is his best and most underrated. Give this one a try cuz its his least violent and more subdued.
Death Proof? This is meant to be a bad cheesy movie, but it excels at it. Tarantino is a movie nerd who indulges in the excess that cinema can offer.
Reservoir Dogs, for the budget, is an amazing accomplishment. Has done wonders for the crime genre.
Kill Bill 1 and 2 are great. Good action thrillers that still contain fun comedy and blood splattering. Roger Ebert called the 2nd one "one of the best sequels ever made"
Django is fantastic. Just bloody great.
I can see why people dont like his films, but if your a lover of cinema, i dont see how you couldnt at least respect him for what hes done to film history. He changed the way film violence could be represented and staged. I love him for that.
Boogie Nights is a masterful ensemble piece with a director at the top of his game. The soundtrack is unbelievable and it is the BEST film about the 1970s period. The cast itself is a spectacle.
I guess I love Tarantino because hes consistently new and abundant in his characters, if anyone here has seen Django, you can see Quentin still has a great eye for lighting and dialogue. Anyone who doesnt like him IMO just hates the dialogue and gets bored by it, which I can see, Pulp Fiction may not be the most technically stunning film, but I love everything about it, and think its perfect besides Butch's girlfriends scene.
No one here has seen Inglorious Bastards? Amazing film. Amazing acting, amazing writing.
Jackie Brown? Alot of ppl say this is his best and most underrated. Give this one a try cuz its his least violent and more subdued.
Death Proof? This is meant to be a bad cheesy movie, but it excels at it. Tarantino is a movie nerd who indulges in the excess that cinema can offer.
Reservoir Dogs, for the budget, is an amazing accomplishment. Has done wonders for the crime genre.
Kill Bill 1 and 2 are great. Good action thrillers that still contain fun comedy and blood splattering. Roger Ebert called the 2nd one "one of the best sequels ever made"
Django is fantastic. Just bloody great.
I can see why people dont like his films, but if your a lover of cinema, i dont see how you couldnt at least respect him for what hes done to film history. He changed the way film violence could be represented and staged. I love him for that.
Boogie Nights isn't horrible but when you start talking about the greatest movies of all times it isn't in the discussion.
-
Forrest Gump is far and away the best movie of all time. Let's do a check list of all of the major story line/cinematic/social issue types it hits.
Coming of Age? Check
Drama? Check
Romance? Check
Comedy? Check
Action? Check
War? Check
History? Check
Sports? Check
Family? Check
College? Check
Strip Club? Check
Race Relations? Check
Substance Abuse? Check
Politics? Check
Industry/Business? Check
All this with Tom Hanks playing a mentally challenged character. The only thing it's missing is fantasy (which a case could be made for) and animation. I highly doubt there is any other single movie which contains that many major cinematic themes while also being extremely enjoyable to watch.
As for foreign movies check out City of God from Brazil. A bit violent but an amazing movie nonetheless.
-
It's certainly my favorite trilogy of all time as star wars is cheeseball and lotr is just boring
-
Boogie Nights is a masterful ensemble piece with a director at the top of his game. The soundtrack is unbelievable and it is the BEST film about the 1970s period. The cast itself is a spectacle.
I guess I love Tarantino because hes consistently new and abundant in his characters, if anyone here has seen Django, you can see Quentin still has a great eye for lighting and dialogue. Anyone who doesnt like him IMO just hates the dialogue and gets bored by it, which I can see, Pulp Fiction may not be the most technically stunning film, but I love everything about it, and think its perfect besides Butch's girlfriends scene.
No one here has seen Inglorious Bastards? Amazing film. Amazing acting, amazing writing.
Jackie Brown? Alot of ppl say this is his best and most underrated. Give this one a try cuz its his least violent and more subdued.
Death Proof? This is meant to be a bad cheesy movie, but it excels at it. Tarantino is a movie nerd who indulges in the excess that cinema can offer.
Reservoir Dogs, for the budget, is an amazing accomplishment. Has done wonders for the crime genre.
Kill Bill 1 and 2 are great. Good action thrillers that still contain fun comedy and blood splattering. Roger Ebert called the 2nd one "one of the best sequels ever made"
Django is fantastic. Just bloody great.
I can see why people dont like his films, but if your a lover of cinema, i dont see how you couldnt at least respect him for what hes done to film history. He changed the way film violence could be represented and staged. I love him for that.
Boogie Nights isn't horrible but when you start talking about the greatest movies of all times it isn't in the discussion.
Boogie Nights isn't horrible but when you start talking about the greatest movies of all times it isn't in the discussion.
I believe with time (it already has helped) Boogie Nights will get more love. I think its craft is just unmatched. I like style with a director and PTA has insane style. The opening shot of the film shows every single character in one take. Its stuff like that i love about it
-
The dollars trilogy is a run for the money but toy story is better.
-
Top 5 in no particular order
The Godfather
Schindler's List
The Wizard of Oz
Star Wars
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
-
Yea gotta love wizard of oz, first movie that made me love movies
-
I'd personally put goodfellas over either godfather 1 or 2 as far as mafia movies go. I found the godfather trilogy boring.
-
I won't list because there are too many categories, horror, science fiction, drama, etc.
-
Just come up with your top five diehard. It's tough bit that's what makes it your top five
-
Steve I should adjust my honorable mentions to include Rocky. One of my all time favorite series of movies. Maybe 4 was far fetched and five was forgettable but still. Plus it includes the arguably the best theme song ever. Indiana Jones gives it a run for the money, though.
-
Lord Of The Rings
Star Wars
Princess Bride
Fifth Element
Something About Mary
Best new movie: We're the Millers, It had me dying...
-
Princess bride is an absolute sentimental favorite of mine. What a great flick. If you've never read the book (by William Goldman, I think) its somehow even better. Other sentimental favorites of mind would include Home Alone (the first) and Jim henson's Labyrinth.
-
We're the millers looks awesome. I love Sudakis.
-
We're the millers looks awesome. I love Sudakis.
We're the millers looks awesome. I love Sudakis.
Yeah, he's hilarious. Was great on SNL too. If you rent it (which you should!), definitely watch the extra footage at the end.
I actually loaned Princess Bride to someone at work. They didn't like it. Guess you have to have a certain type of humor to enjoy that one.
-
I think this last snl core cast is really underrated. There's been a lot of funny moments on snl in the last few years.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login