Skip to content

Josh Gordon

The Browns Board
90 35 3.3k
  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Bullshit. Couch was sacked 85 times his rookie year, and 110 the next, which resulted in injury. Any asshole that says Couch sucked or was a bust doesn't know shit about football.

    couch had a great arm, too bad his shoulder got planted into the field more than people get planted in a cemetary.

    @miktoxic said:

    couch had a great arm, too bad his shoulder got planted into the field more than people get planted in a cemetary.

    I have often said Couch should have sued that Browns' FO for malpractice. KJ was the only receiver he had & they NEVER addressed the O-line. Then some low life "supposed" Browns' Fans cheered his being injured.

    Mike

  • Couch was not good, He had a noodle arm was about as dumb as Weeden

    @browns149 said:

    Couch was not good, He had a noodle arm was about as dumb as Weeden

    I totally agree...besides Weeden...I never saw a QB look more clueless in reading defenses...both couldnt/cant.

  • @browns149 said:

    Couch was not good, He had a noodle arm was about as dumb as Weeden

    Bullshit. Couch was sacked 85 times his rookie year, and 110 the next, which resulted in injury. Any asshole that says Couch sucked or was a bust doesn't know shit about football.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Bullshit. Couch was sacked 85 times his rookie year, and 110 the next, which resulted in injury. Any asshole that says Couch sucked or was a bust doesn't know shit about football.

    Couch was gawd aweful..I realize we had no O-line...but still he always had.the look of a deer in headlights..then cried like a little pussy on nat'l tv...sorry but couch was pure garbage.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Bullshit. Couch was sacked 85 times his rookie year, and 110 the next, which resulted in injury. Any asshole that says Couch sucked or was a bust doesn't know shit about football.

    Couch was gawd aweful..I realize we had no O-line...but still he always had.the look of a deer in headlights..then cried like a little pussy on nat'l tv...sorry but couch was pure garbage.

    @nickers said:

    Couch was gawd aweful..I realize we had no O-line...but still he always had.the look of a deer in headlights..then cried like a little pussy on nat'l tv...sorry but couch was pure garbage.

    i respectfully disagree.

    if you knew you were getting blitzed 2 out of three downs and had no one to protect you and no one to throw to....you might look like that same deer, only drunk.

    people have brought up players crying on this board since sunday. was he crying cuz he was hurt ....probably. was he crying cuz 'his' team's fans were clapping at his injury....maybe. probably more to the fact that he left his heart, his shoulder and his career on the field for this 'reborn' team and the suck-ass classless fans cheered when he went down.

    anyone would have down that around me they would have had their chicklets (teeth) knocked down their throat and across the floor.

    those fans are the true pussies my friend. and a disgrace to all humanity.

  • I was huge Couch supporter from the begining ... but I have long ago admitted that he wasn't very good and he wasn't going to be very good regardless of health and surrounding cast.

    He was meh. He was David Carr. He was never ever going to be a Top 20 starter in the NFL, let alone Top 10.

    Zombo

  • I was huge Couch supporter from the begining ... but I have long ago admitted that he wasn't very good and he wasn't going to be very good regardless of health and surrounding cast.

    He was meh. He was David Carr. He was never ever going to be a Top 20 starter in the NFL, let alone Top 10.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I was huge Couch supporter from the begining ... but I have long ago admitted that he wasn't very good and he wasn't going to be very good regardless of health and surrounding cast.

    He was meh. He was David Carr. He was never ever going to be a Top 20 starter in the NFL, let alone Top 10.

    Zombo

    But you cannot possibly know that. A lousy surrounding cast and a banged up shoulder will seriously diminish any evaluation anyone can make of his career. Was he going to be Peyton Manning or John Elway? Probably not. But had he and not McNabb been taken by the Eagles his career may have easily have been as good as McNabb's. That is speculation, of course, just as what you said is speculation.

  • Zombo said:

    I was huge Couch supporter from the begining ... but I have long ago admitted that he wasn't very good and he wasn't going to be very good regardless of health and surrounding cast.

    He was meh. He was David Carr. He was never ever going to be a Top 20 starter in the NFL, let alone Top 10.

    Zombo

    But you cannot possibly know that. A lousy surrounding cast and a banged up shoulder will seriously diminish any evaluation anyone can make of his career. Was he going to be Peyton Manning or John Elway? Probably not. But had he and not McNabb been taken by the Eagles his career may have easily have been as good as McNabb's. That is speculation, of course, just as what you said is speculation.

    @the-gipper said:

    But you cannot possibly know that.

    Yes I can. He started 59 games, I watched every one of them.

    Colt McCoy had a sucky supporting cast too, but I knew he wasn't the guy and he only had 21 starts.

    Couch was not an elite passer. He was not a great leader. He was not a brilliant field general.

    He was average. Very average.

    Zombo

  • i saw his first game (preseason) at the field they play the hall of fame game at on tv.

    anyone that could place a 55 yard pass over the shoulder of KJ into his arms in the end zone had the talent to become really good.

    too bad palmer then butch wiffed with all their penn state defensive 'locks' they picked.

    the OL was shit. brady's career would have lasted 3 years if he played behind those pieces of garbage.

  • The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to

    build the offensive line.

    Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,

    should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and

    never for it to happen again.

    The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.

    Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,

    fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind

    an offensive line that is turnstile.

    No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even

    better next year, I figure.

  • I just wanna see how many yards Gordon can pile up.

    The corners must respect the deep ball and every pass underneath works and with Gordon's speed... he just runs by the defense.

    It's a fun thing to watch.

  • The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to

    build the offensive line.

    Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,

    should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and

    never for it to happen again.

    The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.

    Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,

    fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind

    an offensive line that is turnstile.

    No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even

    better next year, I figure.

    @calfoxwc said:

    The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to

    build the offensive line.

    Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,

    should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and

    never for it to happen again.

    The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.

    Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,

    fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind

    an offensive line that is turnstile.

    No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even

    better next year, I figure.

    Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.

  • i would trade our OL and DL straight up today for seattle's.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to

    build the offensive line.

    Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,

    should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and

    never for it to happen again.

    The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.

    Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,

    fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind

    an offensive line that is turnstile.

    No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even

    better next year, I figure.

    Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.

    @hoorta said:

    Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.

    I would.

  • if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.

    He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.

  • if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.

    He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.

    @beefjerky said:

    if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.

    He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.

    I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent

  • @beefjerky said:

    if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.

    He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.

    I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent

    @nickers said:

    I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent

    Agreed & add a Watkins or Lee in the draft & we get real scary, real fast!

    Mike

  • couch was good. we couldn't draft OL back then because it was illegal.

    @miktoxic said:

    we couldn't draft OL back then because it was illegal.

    LMAO...

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Bullshit. Couch was sacked 85 times his rookie year, and 110 the next, which resulted in injury. Any asshole that says Couch sucked or was a bust doesn't know shit about football.

    No need to exaggerate... the truth was bad enough. It was 56 and 10. He was sacked a total of 166 times in 62 games over his 5-year career.

    ________________________________________________________

    Couch had a chance to be good. Just how good we will never know.

    Same is true of David Carr who was sacked 76 times in his rookie year. He was sacked 249 times in 76 games in his 5-years with Houston.

    If we stand pat with our existing O-line, then a few years down the road we'll be arguing about how good Hoyer and our 2014 QB draft pick could have been.

  • I'd rather him get a year then trade him at this point. Lets see how the season finishes but the talent is just too immense,

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I'd rather him get a year then trade him at this point. Lets see how the season finishes but the talent is just too immense,

    I agree with you bud. At this point with what he's accomplished so far in his career, if he tests dirty and gets popped for a year I think he's still worth it. I'm not 100% sure but I think he signed a 5 year deal so he'd still give us 2 years in the cheap cause I don't think he'd have the balls to demand a new deal before his rookie contracts up.

  • @nickers said:

    I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent

    Agreed & add a Watkins or Lee in the draft & we get real scary, real fast!

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Agreed & add a Watkins or Lee in the draft & we get real scary, real fast!

    Mike

    Either of those two and a vet FA will make defenses play more zone ,thus openning more pockets and lanes and will magically make the running game better...now we just need the QB to be consistent. And by QB, I mean something much more than a common game manager like Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco...we need a QB that can take over and dictate the game .

  • Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't. Mr. Hoorta

    *********************

    No, that was not funny, it was a gigantic breath of fresh air !

    Yes, my point was that a "great" qb sucks behind an oline that can't block...

    but that a line good enough to block, is helped hugely by the addition of a qb

    that lifts the entire offense up by actually being a legit, smart qb.

    We are at that point now. Need another big, quick footed, pass protecting OG,

    but the Browns have plenty enough oline to make it work great, with a great

    qb added. If the Browns, back in the day, drafted Peyton Manning...his career

    would have been over years ago...

    The Browns need that qb yesterday. Yes, Hoyer really showed that the talent is there

    to succeed, given a qb with "it".