Josh Gordon
-
Zombo said:
I was huge Couch supporter from the begining ... but I have long ago admitted that he wasn't very good and he wasn't going to be very good regardless of health and surrounding cast.
He was meh. He was David Carr. He was never ever going to be a Top 20 starter in the NFL, let alone Top 10.
Zombo
But you cannot possibly know that. A lousy surrounding cast and a banged up shoulder will seriously diminish any evaluation anyone can make of his career. Was he going to be Peyton Manning or John Elway? Probably not. But had he and not McNabb been taken by the Eagles his career may have easily have been as good as McNabb's. That is speculation, of course, just as what you said is speculation.
But you cannot possibly know that.
Yes I can. He started 59 games, I watched every one of them.
Colt McCoy had a sucky supporting cast too, but I knew he wasn't the guy and he only had 21 starts.
Couch was not an elite passer. He was not a great leader. He was not a brilliant field general.
He was average. Very average.
Zombo
-
i saw his first game (preseason) at the field they play the hall of fame game at on tv.
anyone that could place a 55 yard pass over the shoulder of KJ into his arms in the end zone had the talent to become really good.
too bad palmer then butch wiffed with all their penn state defensive 'locks' they picked.
the OL was shit. brady's career would have lasted 3 years if he played behind those pieces of garbage.
-
The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to
build the offensive line.
Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,
should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and
never for it to happen again.
The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.
Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,
fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind
an offensive line that is turnstile.
No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even
better next year, I figure.
-
I just wanna see how many yards Gordon can pile up.
The corners must respect the deep ball and every pass underneath works and with Gordon's speed... he just runs by the defense.
It's a fun thing to watch.
-
The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to
build the offensive line.
Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,
should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and
never for it to happen again.
The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.
Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,
fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind
an offensive line that is turnstile.
No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even
better next year, I figure.
The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to
build the offensive line.
Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,
should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and
never for it to happen again.
The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.
Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,
fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind
an offensive line that is turnstile.
No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even
better next year, I figure.
Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.
-
i would trade our OL and DL straight up today for seattle's.
-
The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to
build the offensive line.
Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,
should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and
never for it to happen again.
The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.
Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,
fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind
an offensive line that is turnstile.
No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even
better next year, I figure.
Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.
Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.
I would.
-
if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.
He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.
-
if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.
He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.
if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.
He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.
I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent
-
if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.
He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.
I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent
-
we couldn't draft OL back then because it was illegal.
LMAO...
Bullshit. Couch was sacked 85 times his rookie year, and 110 the next, which resulted in injury. Any asshole that says Couch sucked or was a bust doesn't know shit about football.
No need to exaggerate... the truth was bad enough. It was 56 and 10. He was sacked a total of 166 times in 62 games over his 5-year career.
________________________________________________________
Couch had a chance to be good. Just how good we will never know.
Same is true of David Carr who was sacked 76 times in his rookie year. He was sacked 249 times in 76 games in his 5-years with Houston.
If we stand pat with our existing O-line, then a few years down the road we'll be arguing about how good Hoyer and our 2014 QB draft pick could have been.
-
I'd rather him get a year then trade him at this point. Lets see how the season finishes but the talent is just too immense,
I'd rather him get a year then trade him at this point. Lets see how the season finishes but the talent is just too immense,
I agree with you bud. At this point with what he's accomplished so far in his career, if he tests dirty and gets popped for a year I think he's still worth it. I'm not 100% sure but I think he signed a 5 year deal so he'd still give us 2 years in the cheap cause I don't think he'd have the balls to demand a new deal before his rookie contracts up.
-
Agreed & add a Watkins or Lee in the draft & we get real scary, real fast!
Mike
Either of those two and a vet FA will make defenses play more zone ,thus openning more pockets and lanes and will magically make the running game better...now we just need the QB to be consistent. And by QB, I mean something much more than a common game manager like Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco...we need a QB that can take over and dictate the game .
-
Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't. Mr. Hoorta
*********************
No, that was not funny, it was a gigantic breath of fresh air !
Yes, my point was that a "great" qb sucks behind an oline that can't block...
but that a line good enough to block, is helped hugely by the addition of a qb
that lifts the entire offense up by actually being a legit, smart qb.
We are at that point now. Need another big, quick footed, pass protecting OG,
but the Browns have plenty enough oline to make it work great, with a great
qb added. If the Browns, back in the day, drafted Peyton Manning...his career
would have been over years ago...
The Browns need that qb yesterday. Yes, Hoyer really showed that the talent is there
to succeed, given a qb with "it".
-
-
Josh gordon is good but this video is fvcking ridiculous.
-
he's better than good...and way better than Antonio Brown..
Typicl windbag nickers. One you cant say hes way better than brown. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time. Hes not calvin johnson and that dip in that video is a brain dead moron. I guess he doesnt realize that megatron is 6`5 an runs a sub 4.4. Hes also a damn mt. Muscle wise.
-
Gordon > Megatron >>>>>Antonio Brown
-
he's better than good...and way better than Antonio Brown..
Typicl windbag nickers. One you cant say hes way better than brown. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time. Hes not calvin johnson and that dip in that video is a brain dead moron. I guess he doesnt realize that megatron is 6`5 an runs a sub 4.4. Hes also a damn mt. Muscle wise.
. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time.
So ... you've watched, what, one Browns game this year?
Last week, with the Browns up 12-3 late in the third quarter, he was "force fed" a pass in the left flat, he stiffed armed his defender out of the way and outran the defense for an 80 yard TD. Not one second of "garbage time" in the game.
Week before, after being "force fed" a 21 yard TD pass that gave us the lead 14-7 in the second quarter, he was "force fed" a ball down the right sideline which he grabbed and out ran the entire defense again, this time 95 yards, to put the team back on top, 28-25 late in the fourth quarter. Not one second of "garbage time" in the game.
Zombo
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login