Skip to content

Josh Gordon

The Browns Board
90 35 3.3k
  • The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to

    build the offensive line.

    Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,

    should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and

    never for it to happen again.

    The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.

    Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,

    fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind

    an offensive line that is turnstile.

    No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even

    better next year, I figure.

  • I just wanna see how many yards Gordon can pile up.

    The corners must respect the deep ball and every pass underneath works and with Gordon's speed... he just runs by the defense.

    It's a fun thing to watch.

  • The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to

    build the offensive line.

    Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,

    should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and

    never for it to happen again.

    The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.

    Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,

    fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind

    an offensive line that is turnstile.

    No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even

    better next year, I figure.

    @calfoxwc said:

    The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to

    build the offensive line.

    Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,

    should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and

    never for it to happen again.

    The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.

    Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,

    fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind

    an offensive line that is turnstile.

    No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even

    better next year, I figure.

    Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.

  • i would trade our OL and DL straight up today for seattle's.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    The most stupid aspect of the Browns back then, was the failure to

    build the offensive line.

    Couln't run, pass protect. Whoever was responsible for that,

    should have been kicked in the rear and sent on their way, and

    never for it to happen again.

    The offensive line is the engine of the car. That's how I always looked at it.

    Sure, a great right-fit qb makes the oline's job easier? Sure. So does an explosive,

    fast rb. And quick, explosive wr's getting open. But those players will suck behind

    an offensive line that is turnstile.

    No oline excuses for the qb now. That's the difference. And it will be even

    better next year, I figure.

    Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.

    @hoorta said:

    Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't.

    I would.

  • if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.

    He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.

  • if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.

    He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.

    @beefjerky said:

    if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.

    He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.

    I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent

  • @beefjerky said:

    if the browns ever trade him I'm done with this team, josh gordon on any decent team right now is like a free trip to the super bowl. get a good second WR, a QB (maybe we stick with Hoyer), some other bits and pieces and the browns will be unstoppable on offense.

    He could very well be the best WR in the NFL right now.

    I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent

    @nickers said:

    I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent

    Agreed & add a Watkins or Lee in the draft & we get real scary, real fast!

    Mike

  • couch was good. we couldn't draft OL back then because it was illegal.

    @miktoxic said:

    we couldn't draft OL back then because it was illegal.

    LMAO...

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Bullshit. Couch was sacked 85 times his rookie year, and 110 the next, which resulted in injury. Any asshole that says Couch sucked or was a bust doesn't know shit about football.

    No need to exaggerate... the truth was bad enough. It was 56 and 10. He was sacked a total of 166 times in 62 games over his 5-year career.

    ________________________________________________________

    Couch had a chance to be good. Just how good we will never know.

    Same is true of David Carr who was sacked 76 times in his rookie year. He was sacked 249 times in 76 games in his 5-years with Houston.

    If we stand pat with our existing O-line, then a few years down the road we'll be arguing about how good Hoyer and our 2014 QB draft pick could have been.

  • I'd rather him get a year then trade him at this point. Lets see how the season finishes but the talent is just too immense,

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I'd rather him get a year then trade him at this point. Lets see how the season finishes but the talent is just too immense,

    I agree with you bud. At this point with what he's accomplished so far in his career, if he tests dirty and gets popped for a year I think he's still worth it. I'm not 100% sure but I think he signed a 5 year deal so he'd still give us 2 years in the cheap cause I don't think he'd have the balls to demand a new deal before his rookie contracts up.

  • @nickers said:

    I agree about trading him id be almost done...consequently...this kid hasnt reached year 3 in his developement...He hasnt begun to scratch the surface of his talent

    Agreed & add a Watkins or Lee in the draft & we get real scary, real fast!

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Agreed & add a Watkins or Lee in the draft & we get real scary, real fast!

    Mike

    Either of those two and a vet FA will make defenses play more zone ,thus openning more pockets and lanes and will magically make the running game better...now we just need the QB to be consistent. And by QB, I mean something much more than a common game manager like Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco...we need a QB that can take over and dictate the game .

  • Yes, I agree with you the o-line is important. But it's funny how much better they looked when Hoyer wasn't taking all day to unload the ball. To a certain extent, a great qb can make the o-line look way better than they are- would you trade our o-line straight up for Denver's right now? Or for New England's? I wouldn't. Mr. Hoorta

    *********************

    No, that was not funny, it was a gigantic breath of fresh air !

    Yes, my point was that a "great" qb sucks behind an oline that can't block...

    but that a line good enough to block, is helped hugely by the addition of a qb

    that lifts the entire offense up by actually being a legit, smart qb.

    We are at that point now. Need another big, quick footed, pass protecting OG,

    but the Browns have plenty enough oline to make it work great, with a great

    qb added. If the Browns, back in the day, drafted Peyton Manning...his career

    would have been over years ago...

    The Browns need that qb yesterday. Yes, Hoyer really showed that the talent is there

    to succeed, given a qb with "it".

  • Josh gordon is good but this video is fvcking ridiculous.

  • Josh gordon is good but this video is fvcking ridiculous.

    @vagitron said:

    Josh gordon is good but this video is xxxxing ridiculous.

    he's better than good...and way better than Antonio Brown...

  • @vagitron said:

    Josh gordon is good but this video is xxxxing ridiculous.

    he's better than good...and way better than Antonio Brown...

    @nickers said:

    he's better than good...and way better than Antonio Brown..

    Typicl windbag nickers. One you cant say hes way better than brown. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time. Hes not calvin johnson and that dip in that video is a brain dead moron. I guess he doesnt realize that megatron is 6`5 an runs a sub 4.4. Hes also a damn mt. Muscle wise.

  • Gordon > Megatron >>>>>Antonio Brown

  • @nickers said:

    he's better than good...and way better than Antonio Brown..

    Typicl windbag nickers. One you cant say hes way better than brown. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time. Hes not calvin johnson and that dip in that video is a brain dead moron. I guess he doesnt realize that megatron is 6`5 an runs a sub 4.4. Hes also a damn mt. Muscle wise.

    @vagitron said:

    . Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time.

    So ... you've watched, what, one Browns game this year?

    Last week, with the Browns up 12-3 late in the third quarter, he was "force fed" a pass in the left flat, he stiffed armed his defender out of the way and outran the defense for an 80 yard TD. Not one second of "garbage time" in the game.

    Week before, after being "force fed" a 21 yard TD pass that gave us the lead 14-7 in the second quarter, he was "force fed" a ball down the right sideline which he grabbed and out ran the entire defense again, this time 95 yards, to put the team back on top, 28-25 late in the fourth quarter. Not one second of "garbage time" in the game.

    Zombo

  • @nickers said:

    he's better than good...and way better than Antonio Brown..

    Typicl windbag nickers. One you cant say hes way better than brown. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time. Hes not calvin johnson and that dip in that video is a brain dead moron. I guess he doesnt realize that megatron is 6`5 an runs a sub 4.4. Hes also a damn mt. Muscle wise.

    @vagitron said:

    Typicl windbag nickers. One you cant say hes way better than brown. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time. Hes not calvin johnson and that dip in that video is a brain dead moron. I guess he doesnt realize that megatron is 6`5 an runs a sub 4.4. Hes also a damn mt. Muscle wise.

    Yeah,thats the sort of response I expected from a Stooler fan like you...You just cant admit he miles and away better than Brown...he (Gordon) owns an NFL recxord on a Also-Ran team in what ,his 2nd season?..you cant refute what hes done...He's outplayed Megatron this season hands down. And scarier yet. The kid hasnt even touched the surface of his talent yet. hide your head in Browns ass all you want...But look in the Mirror first,before calling someone a windbag you dumb hillbilly moron.

  • @nickers said:

    he's better than good...and way better than Antonio Brown..

    Typicl windbag nickers. One you cant say hes way better than brown. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time. Hes not calvin johnson and that dip in that video is a brain dead moron. I guess he doesnt realize that megatron is 6`5 an runs a sub 4.4. Hes also a damn mt. Muscle wise.

    @vagitron said:

    Typicl windbag nickers. One you cant say hes way better than brown. Two hes being forced fed all game long and the browns have had a bunch of garbage time. Hes not calvin johnson and that dip in that video is a brain dead moron. I guess he doesnt realize that megatron is 6`5 an runs a sub 4.4. Hes also a damn mt. Muscle wise.

    One, we're not the ones saying Gordon is better than Brown. The entire league is. ESPN is. I don't think you'll find one talking head that disagrees.

    Two, we've led until the last minute in our last two games. We've led at some point in the fourth quarter in seven games this season. We've been blown out out twice. When is the garbage time exactly?

    Three, Gordon is the best WR in the league as of now. He has only 4 more catches than Megatron, on 15 less targets, for 50 more yards. He tallied 263 yards in one game despite sitting out for an entire quarter.

    He's second in the league in average yards per reception. He's second in the league in YAC. He has the longest play from scrimmage in the NFL. And he's top 10 in nearly everything else.

    Four, he's 6'3 and is every bit as fast as Megatron. He ran a 4.5 at his Pro Day - with a partially torn hamstring.