Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. We will finish 4-12

We will finish 4-12

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
15 Posts 6 Posters 500 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • bbedwardB bbedward

    I hate talking draft due to our perennial failures, but I still think we'll finish 5-11 just to screw us out of a higher pick.

    Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 10k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @bbedward said:

    I hate talking draft due to our perennial failures, but I still think we'll finish 5-11 just to screw us out of a higher pick.

    The jets??????????

    Cause we won't beat NE, Pitts, or the Bears with Cutler

    "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
    bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 30k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
      #5

      Agree on NE, but with Campbell back I think we have shots against PTG, CHI (especially if Cutler is playing... not a fan) and NYJ.

      But we digress... It's a hypothetical...

      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 10k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
        #6

        no way we beat NE

        If cutler is playing, no way we beat CHI

        Campbell already lost to Pittspuke

        and we just lost to the Jags........I don't know about the jets, but the jags can't be much better

        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
        koalabazookaK 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Tour2maT Tour2ma

          Don't see it happening, but if we fell into the overall #1???

          Since as of today:

          1. I still do not see a franchise in the QB class;

          2. I do not see Clowney as a stand-up 3-4 OLB; and

          3. We have a LT.

          I think I'd trade down.

          In doing so I'd try to gauge how long Watkins (WR) might last (prolly no lower than the 5-8 slot). Swap #1's and see what I could land in the 2015 draft.

          Right now Watkins is atop my board, but if it thought I could trade down and still get him.... why not?

          If I miscalculated and missed on Sammy, I could be console myself by nabbing UCLA's OLB, Barr.

          But again, all the above is as of today...

          Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
          • 24k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
          #7

          @tour2ma said:

          Don't see it happening, but if we fell into the overall #1???

          Since as of today:

          1. I still do not see a franchise in the QB class;

          2. I do not see Clowney as a stand-up 3-4 OLB; and

          3. We have a LT.

          I think I'd trade down.

          In doing so I'd try to gauge how long Watkins (WR) might last (prolly no lower than the 5-8 slot). Swap #1's and see what I could land in the 2015 draft.

          Right now Watkins is atop my board, but if it thought I could trade down and still get him.... why not?

          If I miscalculated and missed on Sammy, I could be console myself by nabbing UCLA's OLB, Barr.

          But again, all the above is as of today...

          Clowney can do everything that Kruger can and more so I disagree with #2. If we don't like any of the qb's and we don't like Clowney, we should still threaten to take him...someone sitting in the mid round or someone even in the late round may very well give their draft for him. But honestly I think he should be a viable option to take as a hybrid. I think in the offseason either Kruger or Sheard is going. Basically since we've committed 8m to Kruger it's probably going to be Sheard cause his rookie contract "i think" is up after this year, no? He's gonna want more money cause Kruger is getting 8m. He's not worth it

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • miktoxic miktoxicM
            • 13k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
            #8

            the kruger signing is what has me worried about this FO. the dude only played on 3rd downs and played 1/2 a season. his big sack numbers came in garbage time. if he didn't have that contract on his head, i'd much rather keep sheard.

            Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • miktoxicM miktoxic

              the kruger signing is what has me worried about this FO. the dude only played on 3rd downs and played 1/2 a season. his big sack numbers came in garbage time. if he didn't have that contract on his head, i'd much rather keep sheard.

              Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 10k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
              #9

              @miktoxic said:

              the kruger signing is what has me worried about this FO. the dude only played on 3rd downs and played 1/2 a season. his big sack numbers came in garbage time. if he didn't have that contract on his head, i'd much rather keep sheard.

              Mingo is also a worry. He wasn't even playing until punt team today. Them they let him play some one 3rd down, and he finally started making plays. Were they sending a coaching point at him ?

              They better get more the 1 player this may in the 2014 draft, because we sure need a WR, ILB, OG, QB, RB, FB SAFTEY

              "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
              C 1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • Browns149B Browns149

                no way we beat NE

                If cutler is playing, no way we beat CHI

                Campbell already lost to Pittspuke

                and we just lost to the Jags........I don't know about the jets, but the jags can't be much better

                koalabazooka koalabazookaK
                • 535 Posts
                • 5 Reputation
                koalabazookaK koalabazooka wrote on last edited by
                #10

                @browns149 said:

                no way we beat NE

                If cutler is playing, no way we beat CHI

                Campbell already lost to Pittspuke

                and we just lost to the Jags........I don't know about the jets, but the jags can't be much better

                McCown could beat CLE too, he's been lighting secondaries up.

                Fantasy League Updates Weak SexStarted by Zombo, Today, 09:10 AM @slowburn said:okay, bazooka, you win. r u fucking happy now? u got the last word. btw, your avatar and board name really grate my nerves for some reason.. http://thumbpress.com/best-of-surprised-koala-bear-meme-25-pics/
                Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • koalabazookaK koalabazooka

                  @browns149 said:

                  no way we beat NE

                  If cutler is playing, no way we beat CHI

                  Campbell already lost to Pittspuke

                  and we just lost to the Jags........I don't know about the jets, but the jags can't be much better

                  McCown could beat CLE too, he's been lighting secondaries up.

                  Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 10k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  @koalabazooka said:

                  McCown could beat CLE too, he's been lighting secondaries up.

                  but we have Haden and Skrine and Ward and Gibson

                  "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                  koalabazookaK 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Browns149B Browns149

                    @miktoxic said:

                    the kruger signing is what has me worried about this FO. the dude only played on 3rd downs and played 1/2 a season. his big sack numbers came in garbage time. if he didn't have that contract on his head, i'd much rather keep sheard.

                    Mingo is also a worry. He wasn't even playing until punt team today. Them they let him play some one 3rd down, and he finally started making plays. Were they sending a coaching point at him ?

                    They better get more the 1 player this may in the 2014 draft, because we sure need a WR, ILB, OG, QB, RB, FB SAFTEY

                    Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                    • 24k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                    #12

                    @browns149 said:

                    Mingo is also a worry. He wasn't even playing until punt team today. Them they let him play some one 3rd down, and he finally started making plays. Were they sending a coaching point at him ?

                    They better get more the 1 player this may in the 2014 draft, because we sure need a WR, ILB, OG, QB, RB, FB SAFTEY

                    I'm torn between who to keep if we have to get rid of one of our OLB's. I really like Sheard and the fact that he transitioned to the 3-4 willingly. Just depends on how much he wants I guess. Kruger is a better run stopper than he is so I guess given that their pass rush is just about equal right now, we keep Kruger. Would have loved to pull that Werner kid out of Indy in the trent trade. Him and Mingo on 3rd downs would have been utterly sick in a year or two. Honestly those two together might have been as good as Hali and Houston in a couple years once the noob wore off of em. Unfortunately because of the money we've spent I think we're stuck with our current OLB crew. Kruger has to earn that contract next year no question or he has to be traded. Maybe there was a learning curve given that now he was more than just a 3rd down OLB and had real run stopping responsabilities....which he's fullfilled let's give him credit. Dude is probably now one of the best run stoppers at his position. Clowney though potentially makes one of our guys expendable. You guys have to admit that a Kruger/Sheard and Clowney/Mingo sub package would be utterly stupid. Would be nice if Mosley were to be available with that Indy pick.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Browns149B Browns149

                      @koalabazooka said:

                      McCown could beat CLE too, he's been lighting secondaries up.

                      but we have Haden and Skrine and Ward and Gibson

                      koalabazooka koalabazookaK
                      • 535 Posts
                      • 5 Reputation
                      koalabazookaK koalabazooka wrote on last edited by
                      #13

                      @browns149 said:

                      but we have Haden and Skrine and Ward and Gibson

                      Where was Haden when defending Cecil Shorts of the fucking Jaguars, of all teams? If he thought Shorts was tough, he'll get smashed by Marshall and Jeffrey.

                      Fantasy League Updates Weak SexStarted by Zombo, Today, 09:10 AM @slowburn said:okay, bazooka, you win. r u fucking happy now? u got the last word. btw, your avatar and board name really grate my nerves for some reason.. http://thumbpress.com/best-of-surprised-koala-bear-meme-25-pics/
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Browns149B Browns149

                        @bbedward said:

                        I hate talking draft due to our perennial failures, but I still think we'll finish 5-11 just to screw us out of a higher pick.

                        The jets??????????

                        Cause we won't beat NE, Pitts, or the Bears with Cutler

                        bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 9k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                        #14

                        @browns149 said:

                        The jets??????????

                        Cause we won't beat NE, Pitts, or the Bears with Cutler

                        The jets is what I was thinking.

                        They've been spiraling down hard. Benched Geno at half time.

                        They do have a pretty good defense, but their offense looks worse than ours.

                        Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • bbedwardB bbedward

                          @browns149 said:

                          The jets??????????

                          Cause we won't beat NE, Pitts, or the Bears with Cutler

                          The jets is what I was thinking.

                          They've been spiraling down hard. Benched Geno at half time.

                          They do have a pretty good defense, but their offense looks worse than ours.

                          Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 10k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                          #15

                          @bbedward said:

                          The jets is what I was thinking.

                          They've been spiraling down hard. Benched Geno at half time.

                          They do have a pretty good defense, but their offense looks worse than ours.

                          Jax offense looked bad until they played us

                          "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          Theme
                          • System
                          • Light
                          • Dark
                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Forums
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Users
                          • Donate