Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Different angle of Mike Tomlin moving onto the field of play

Different angle of Mike Tomlin moving onto the field of play

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
32 Posts 14 Posters 1.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • slowburn slowburnS
    • 2k Posts
    • 116 Reputation
    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Kraft likely drops half a million on a weekend trip to Vegas. No big shakes. Now losing a 1st is a horse of a different color.

    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • slowburnS slowburn

      Kraft likely drops half a million on a weekend trip to Vegas. No big shakes. Now losing a 1st is a horse of a different color.

      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #7

      @slowburn said:

      Kraft likely drops half a million on a weekend trip to Vegas. No big shakes. Now losing a 1st is a horse of a different color.

      The Steelers have a 1, 2, 4,5,6,7. Recall they traded their #3 to the Browns for their #4 last year.

      I personally don't think the league would make them give up a first rounder for this situation. Now, if he made contact with the runner and had clearly impeded him? Perhaps.

      But for purely selfish reasons it would be nice to see the Squibs further diminished by losing some kind of pick. Maybe the 2 or the 4?

      Interesting article from the apparent "Steeler" point of view.

      http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/12/2/5163426/steelers-mike-tomlin-kick-return-fine-penalty-suspension-draft-pick

      What makes me laugh about this article is that this writer seems to think that the "Steeler way" was all about some above board righteous way that that team does things. BOLLIX. The Steelers have always been one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL, from Mean Joe Greene.....to Hines Ward to James Harrison to many others.

      The Steelers taking the high road? This guy exhibits all the delusions of the typical Steeler fan.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 30k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
        #8

        New angle clearly shows "intent" IMO.

        But what it also shows is that there was a trailing official that easily could have thrown a flag. I'm curious as to why he did not.

        Tomlin will be fined, but I doubt a pick will be taken.

        Different take on the article here, Gip. I read it as a fairly scathing rebuke of Tomlin.

        "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
        gftChrisG The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 14k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
          #9

          He clearly did not have to jut his foot on the playing field...I hope they throw the book at the scum.

          Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tour2maT Tour2ma

            New angle clearly shows "intent" IMO.

            But what it also shows is that there was a trailing official that easily could have thrown a flag. I'm curious as to why he did not.

            Tomlin will be fined, but I doubt a pick will be taken.

            Different take on the article here, Gip. I read it as a fairly scathing rebuke of Tomlin.

            gftChris gftChrisG
            • 13k Posts
            • 428 Reputation
            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
            #10

            @tour2ma said:

            Different take on the article here, Gip. I read it as a fairly scathing rebuke of Tomlin.

            Seconded. The guy is saying that Tomlin has brought shame on the Steelers. You know I'm relatively new to the sport, so I don't know much about the 'Steeler Way' - but it sounds like it's basically what everyone should be anyway. The legal way, the moral way. So I don't see why it's so connected with them in this guy's mind.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

              New angle clearly shows "intent" IMO.

              But what it also shows is that there was a trailing official that easily could have thrown a flag. I'm curious as to why he did not.

              Tomlin will be fined, but I doubt a pick will be taken.

              Different take on the article here, Gip. I read it as a fairly scathing rebuke of Tomlin.

              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
              #11

              @tour2ma said:

              New angle clearly shows "intent" IMO.

              But what it also shows is that there was a trailing official that easily could have thrown a flag. I'm curious as to why he did not.

              Tomlin will be fined, but I doubt a pick will be taken.

              Different take on the article here, Gip. I read it as a fairly scathing rebuke of Tomlin.

              Oh, I agree that it was a scathing rebuke on Tomlin. My point was that this guy's rebuke on Tomlin was for his violation of "The Steeler Way" which this writer seems to think means that this organization is always above board, always does things with integrity, always plays by the rules, always wins fairly, always takes the high road.....to which I say HORSESHIT!!

              Now, I would not disparage the Rooneys and the way they have conducted their business....but as for their on field play, the Steelers are and have been one of the dirtiest teams in history from their players being cheapshot artists to their coaches not being above performing dirty tricks.

              My point being that what Tomlin did is PRECISELY "the Steeler Way".

              B 1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                • 64k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                #12

                I still can't figure out why the official didn't throw a flag on Tomlin.

                Seriously.

                Except that, it's the old "squeelers get calls and no calls because they went to a superbowl before".

                It's a black eye for pukesburg (they don't care), and for that NFL ref.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • The GipperT The Gipper

                  @tour2ma said:

                  New angle clearly shows "intent" IMO.

                  But what it also shows is that there was a trailing official that easily could have thrown a flag. I'm curious as to why he did not.

                  Tomlin will be fined, but I doubt a pick will be taken.

                  Different take on the article here, Gip. I read it as a fairly scathing rebuke of Tomlin.

                  Oh, I agree that it was a scathing rebuke on Tomlin. My point was that this guy's rebuke on Tomlin was for his violation of "The Steeler Way" which this writer seems to think means that this organization is always above board, always does things with integrity, always plays by the rules, always wins fairly, always takes the high road.....to which I say HORSESHIT!!

                  Now, I would not disparage the Rooneys and the way they have conducted their business....but as for their on field play, the Steelers are and have been one of the dirtiest teams in history from their players being cheapshot artists to their coaches not being above performing dirty tricks.

                  My point being that what Tomlin did is PRECISELY "the Steeler Way".

                  BigGayKev B
                  • 54 Posts
                  • 1 Reputation
                  B BigGayKev wrote on last edited by
                  #13

                  @the-gipper said:

                  Oh, I agree that it was a scathing rebuke on Tomlin. My point was that this guy's rebuke on Tomlin was for his violation of "The Steeler Way" which this writer seems to think means that this organization is always above board, always does things with integrity, always plays by the rules, always wins fairly, always takes the high road.....to which I say HORSESHIT!!

                  Now, I would not disparage the Rooneys and the way they have conducted their business....but as for their on field play, the Steelers are and have been one of the dirtiest teams in history from their players being cheapshot artists to their coaches not being above performing dirty tricks.

                  My point being that what Tomlin did is PRECISELY "the Steeler Way".

                  In all of my years of watching football and I go all the way back to the mid 70's, the dirtiest football play that I ever saw was Turkey Jones on Bradshaw. Pot, meet kettle!

                  The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 5k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                    #14

                    The "Steeler Way" is to deny the NFL existed before 1972.

                    It is also to deny they lucked out on the Immaculate Reception, to deny Renfro was in, to deny the refs robbed the Seahawks in the Superbowl, to deny Big Ben is an ass, to exalt praise on headhunter Harrison, etc.

                    The "Steeler Way" is also a combo of luck & skill. I have hated them since 1970, and it will never change.

                    Karlis Missed
                    djdawg2010D DieHardBrownsFanD Tour2maT 3 Replies Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • B BigGayKev

                      @the-gipper said:

                      Oh, I agree that it was a scathing rebuke on Tomlin. My point was that this guy's rebuke on Tomlin was for his violation of "The Steeler Way" which this writer seems to think means that this organization is always above board, always does things with integrity, always plays by the rules, always wins fairly, always takes the high road.....to which I say HORSESHIT!!

                      Now, I would not disparage the Rooneys and the way they have conducted their business....but as for their on field play, the Steelers are and have been one of the dirtiest teams in history from their players being cheapshot artists to their coaches not being above performing dirty tricks.

                      My point being that what Tomlin did is PRECISELY "the Steeler Way".

                      In all of my years of watching football and I go all the way back to the mid 70's, the dirtiest football play that I ever saw was Turkey Jones on Bradshaw. Pot, meet kettle!

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #15

                      pghbigkev said:

                      In all of my years of watching football and I go all the way back to the mid 70's, the dirtiest football play that I ever saw was Turkey Jones on Bradshaw. Pot, meet kettle!

                      Yea, OK, that was one dirty play......40 years ago. But for the previous 10 or so years and for the last 40 the Steelers have engaged in innumerable dirty plays.....and have pretty much held reign for having the "dirtiest player in football" for that whole time.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • koalabazooka koalabazookaK
                        • 535 Posts
                        • 5 Reputation
                        koalabazookaK koalabazooka wrote on last edited by
                        #16

                        Goodell's in bed with brand-name teams like the Steelers, so he'll just give Tomlin's team a slap on the wrist, maybe a half-million dollar fine for Rooney and a $50 K fine for Tomlin.

                        Fantasy League Updates Weak SexStarted by Zombo, Today, 09:10 AM @slowburn said:okay, bazooka, you win. r u fucking happy now? u got the last word. btw, your avatar and board name really grate my nerves for some reason.. http://thumbpress.com/best-of-surprised-koala-bear-meme-25-pics/
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • gftChris gftChrisG
                          • 13k Posts
                          • 428 Reputation
                          gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                          #17

                          Listening to his presser now. He sounds like he got properly bollocked by the Rooneys. He's talking shit, like "I'm sorry, I've jeapordised the image of the game, it was my fault, I should have been aware" etc. all the stuff you'd expect to hear from the PR department.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • gftChris gftChrisG
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 428 Reputation
                            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                            #18

                            Also kinda sounds like he's admitting it was intentional.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Bob806B Bob806

                              The "Steeler Way" is to deny the NFL existed before 1972.

                              It is also to deny they lucked out on the Immaculate Reception, to deny Renfro was in, to deny the refs robbed the Seahawks in the Superbowl, to deny Big Ben is an ass, to exalt praise on headhunter Harrison, etc.

                              The "Steeler Way" is also a combo of luck & skill. I have hated them since 1970, and it will never change.

                              djdawg2010 djdawg2010D
                              • 862 Posts
                              • 24 Reputation
                              djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
                              #19

                              @bob806 said:

                              The "Steeler Way" is to deny the NFL existed before 1972.

                              It is also to deny they lucked out on the Immaculate Reception, to deny Renfro was in, to deny the refs robbed the Seahawks in the Superbowl, to deny Big Ben is an ass, to exalt praise on headhunter Harrison, etc.

                              The "Steeler Way" is also a combo of luck & skill. I have hated them since 1970, and it will never change.

                              You didn't mention steroids. 😛

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • Bob806B Bob806

                                The "Steeler Way" is to deny the NFL existed before 1972.

                                It is also to deny they lucked out on the Immaculate Reception, to deny Renfro was in, to deny the refs robbed the Seahawks in the Superbowl, to deny Big Ben is an ass, to exalt praise on headhunter Harrison, etc.

                                The "Steeler Way" is also a combo of luck & skill. I have hated them since 1970, and it will never change.

                                DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                • 28k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #20

                                @bob806 said:

                                The "Steeler Way" is to deny the NFL existed before 1972.

                                It is also to deny they lucked out on the Immaculate Reception, to deny Renfro was in, to deny the refs robbed the Seahawks in the Superbowl, to deny Big Ben is an ass, to exalt praise on headhunter Harrison, etc.

                                The "Steeler Way" is also a combo of luck & skill. I have hated them since 1970, and it will never change.

                                I heard that. There is a neighbor near me with Steeler stickers on the bumper, guy wears a Steeler Jersey. Frigging bandwagon idiot.

                                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                djdawg2010D 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • koalabazooka koalabazookaK
                                  • 535 Posts
                                  • 5 Reputation
                                  koalabazookaK koalabazooka wrote on last edited by
                                  #21

                                  The white line coaches are supposed to stand behind is 2 whole yards. Most personnel stay behind the yellow line, which is another 2 feet or so. So Tomlin was over 8 feet away from where he was supposed to, about 10 seconds after his long snapper began the play.

                                  Fantasy League Updates Weak SexStarted by Zombo, Today, 09:10 AM @slowburn said:okay, bazooka, you win. r u fucking happy now? u got the last word. btw, your avatar and board name really grate my nerves for some reason.. http://thumbpress.com/best-of-surprised-koala-bear-meme-25-pics/
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                    @bob806 said:

                                    The "Steeler Way" is to deny the NFL existed before 1972.

                                    It is also to deny they lucked out on the Immaculate Reception, to deny Renfro was in, to deny the refs robbed the Seahawks in the Superbowl, to deny Big Ben is an ass, to exalt praise on headhunter Harrison, etc.

                                    The "Steeler Way" is also a combo of luck & skill. I have hated them since 1970, and it will never change.

                                    I heard that. There is a neighbor near me with Steeler stickers on the bumper, guy wears a Steeler Jersey. Frigging bandwagon idiot.

                                    djdawg2010 djdawg2010D
                                    • 862 Posts
                                    • 24 Reputation
                                    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
                                    #22

                                    @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                    I heard that. There is a neighbor near me with Steeler stickers on the bumper, guy wears a Steeler Jersey. Frigging bandwagon idiot.

                                    They're all over where I live. Most of my son's friends are Steelers fans. And this is in Northeast Ohio for cryin' out loud!

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • gftChris gftChrisG
                                      • 13k Posts
                                      • 428 Reputation
                                      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                      #23

                                      The NFL came down hard on Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who was fined $100,000 Wednesday and may still cost his organization the modification or forfeiture of draft choices for interfering with Baltimore Ravens kick returner Jacoby Jones on Thanksgiving night.

                                      The sanctions were imposed by NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson.The potential impact on Pittsburgh's draft choices "will be considered after the final order of the 2014 draft has been determined," the league announced in a statement

                                      http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2013/12/04/mike-tomlin-fined-100000-sideline-interference-ravens-jacoby-jones/3868569/
                                      U 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • miktoxic miktoxicM
                                        • 13k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                                        #24

                                        @mike-h said:

                                        NFL mobile app just said Tomlin was fined 100k

                                        c'mon. enough is enough. let the fine stand and then leave it at that.

                                        talking about fucking with their draft picks is insane on the level of what the NCAA did to OSU for some kids selling gear to buy some cheeseburgers.

                                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • miktoxicM miktoxic

                                          @mike-h said:

                                          NFL mobile app just said Tomlin was fined 100k

                                          c'mon. enough is enough. let the fine stand and then leave it at that.

                                          talking about fucking with their draft picks is insane on the level of what the NCAA did to OSU for some kids selling gear to buy some cheeseburgers.

                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #25

                                          @miktoxic said:

                                          c'mon. enough is enough. let the fine stand and then leave it at that.

                                          talking about fucking with their draft picks is insane on the level of what the NCAA did to OSU for some kids selling gear to buy some cheeseburgers.

                                          I agree in principle that they should probably not be messing around with a team's draft picks for something like this....after all, the Ravens still won the game.

                                          But....WTF.....when it comes to the Steelers, hell, hammer their ass.....just because they are the Steelers. ❗

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          👍
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate