Skip to content

Interesting QB Draft Information

The Browns Board
67 18 2.1k
  • @richiswhere said:

    I think some of you guys are mixing up a quick release with getting rid of the ball quickly

    I stand corrected & I misstated. What I meant (and should have stated) is that Hoyer gets rid of the ball quickly. Now, for quick RELEASE, see Jimmy Garoppolo of Eastern Ilinois (EIU), who is MY favorite college QB. THAT kid has a compact, quick release.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:


    kid has a compact, quick release.

    sounds like everyone at 15 years old.

    @alwardc4 said:

    I dont think you guys are appreciating the impact of QB?

    http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=972875

    just STFU already. blow away.

  • @canton-mike said:


    kid has a compact, quick release.

    sounds like everyone at 15 years old.

    @alwardc4 said:

    I dont think you guys are appreciating the impact of QB?

    http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=972875

    just STFU already. blow away.

    @miktoxic said:

    sounds like everyone at 15 years old.

    just STFU already. blow away.

    Oh, I'm sorry, were you not able to comprehend the information in the link? I can help you out if you want.

    I am willing to teach you and help you out with some things.

    I'd be open to understanding your thoughts too. However, they mostly laced with profanity and little substance.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He can disagree with me all he wants. It's his opinion.

    Mine is that Bridgewater won't have a career that is reflective of the #1 overall pick. Partly because I believe his career will be cut short due to injury. Partly because I believe that he's going to go to a team that will rely on him too heavy, too soon. Partly because I don't believe he's faced enough tough talent ( I mean, look at Florida) to be ready to be a day one starter in the NFL. And, unfortunately, the number one overall pick has to be a day one starter and make a quantifiable improvement in his team from the get-go.

    I like Bridgewater. I was heavy on the Bridgewater bandwagon to begin this season. If he were a mid round pick, with less pressure on him and maybe going to a team that won't rely on him completely, I think he goes on to have a very good career. But he's going to end up in Houston, or in Jacksonville and those teams have way too much wrong with them other than just QB and not enough draft picks to address everything.

    Bridgewater would thrive in Cleveland just because we have the talent at skill positions to help temper the learning curve, but more importantly, there's a solid offensive line and a decent overall defense to help him.

    You are basically making the argument to trade up for him.

    @alwardc4 said:

    You are basically making the argument to trade up for him.

    Except I'm not.

    I'll wait for someone to explain the post to you.

    If we picked at one, I would say have at Bridgewater. We don't pick at one, however. Trading up for a QB would require a sacrifice of at least two-three extra picks, one of which being our other first rounder. That's two-three impact players we'd be losing out on, just to move up and grab a QB.

    It's not worth it. Especially to take a QB who honestly isn't much better than his contemporaries.

    His stats are comparable to Bortles and are miles behind Carr's. His size is a question mark. He would require a perfect scenario in order to succeed.

  • @alwardc4 said:

    You are basically making the argument to trade up for him.

    Except I'm not.

    I'll wait for someone to explain the post to you.

    If we picked at one, I would say have at Bridgewater. We don't pick at one, however. Trading up for a QB would require a sacrifice of at least two-three extra picks, one of which being our other first rounder. That's two-three impact players we'd be losing out on, just to move up and grab a QB.

    It's not worth it. Especially to take a QB who honestly isn't much better than his contemporaries.

    His stats are comparable to Bortles and are miles behind Carr's. His size is a question mark. He would require a perfect scenario in order to succeed.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except I'm not.

    I'll wait for someone to explain the post to you.

    If we picked at one, I would say have at Bridgewater. We don't pick at one, however. Trading up for a QB would require a sacrifice of at least two-three extra picks, one of which being our other first rounder. That's two-three impact players we'd be losing out on, just to move up and grab a QB.

    It's not worth it. Especially to take a QB who honestly isn't much better than his contemporaries.

    His stats are comparable to Bortles and are miles behind Carr's. His size is a question mark. He would require a perfect scenario in order to succeed.

    We don't agree at the impact certain players have on a game. See the link I put up. The bolded is typical cliché BS.

    I mean these questions in all seriousness and I am not trying to belittle you as you seem to know a lot about football. Are you a professional scout? Do you have a documented history of being right about QBs in the draft?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except I'm not.

    I'll wait for someone to explain the post to you.

    If we picked at one, I would say have at Bridgewater. We don't pick at one, however. Trading up for a QB would require a sacrifice of at least two-three extra picks, one of which being our other first rounder. That's two-three impact players we'd be losing out on, just to move up and grab a QB.

    It's not worth it. Especially to take a QB who honestly isn't much better than his contemporaries.

    His stats are comparable to Bortles and are miles behind Carr's. His size is a question mark. He would require a perfect scenario in order to succeed.

    We don't agree at the impact certain players have on a game. See the link I put up. The bolded is typical cliché BS.

    I mean these questions in all seriousness and I am not trying to belittle you as you seem to know a lot about football. Are you a professional scout? Do you have a documented history of being right about QBs in the draft?

    @alwardc4 said:

    We don't agree at the impact certain players have on a game. See the link I put up. The bolded is typical cliché BS.

    I mean these questions in all seriousness and I am not trying to belittle you as you seem to know a lot about football. Are you a professional scout? Do you have a documented history of being right about QBs in the draft?

    It depends on what you deem as professional. Do I get paid for this? Yes. Is this my job? I guess you could say so. Am I employed by the NFL? Not at the moment.

    I have a documented history of being right about Browns drafts, as that's all I really have done research on in the past. You can find all of my posts on this website, if you care to. You'll see that I, at least, can recognize players of a system and am decently succinct in my predictions of NFL players. I do have my weaknesses, however. I am one of the only people in the US that owns a James Davis Browns jersey, besides James Davis himself.

    I do agree that a franchise QB has a huge impact. I have been adamant about that. But I don't agree that you have to trade up for one, as it has rarely worked in the last decade.

    Here is a breakdown of all of the first round picks that have started this season, including their draft position and terms of their trades:

    http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/posts/217092/mortgaging_your_future_is_it.html

  • @alwardc4 said:

    You are basically making the argument to trade up for him.

    Except I'm not.

    I'll wait for someone to explain the post to you.

    If we picked at one, I would say have at Bridgewater. We don't pick at one, however. Trading up for a QB would require a sacrifice of at least two-three extra picks, one of which being our other first rounder. That's two-three impact players we'd be losing out on, just to move up and grab a QB.

    It's not worth it. Especially to take a QB who honestly isn't much better than his contemporaries.

    His stats are comparable to Bortles and are miles behind Carr's. His size is a question mark. He would require a perfect scenario in order to succeed.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except I'm not.

    I'll wait for someone to explain the post to you.

    Oh, and I understand your post. I get everything you say. You think he is just slightly better than the other QBs. You are afraid to give up a few extra picks to move for someone you only see as slightly better.

  • @alwardc4 said:

    We don't agree at the impact certain players have on a game. See the link I put up. The bolded is typical cliché BS.

    I mean these questions in all seriousness and I am not trying to belittle you as you seem to know a lot about football. Are you a professional scout? Do you have a documented history of being right about QBs in the draft?

    It depends on what you deem as professional. Do I get paid for this? Yes. Is this my job? I guess you could say so. Am I employed by the NFL? Not at the moment.

    I have a documented history of being right about Browns drafts, as that's all I really have done research on in the past. You can find all of my posts on this website, if you care to. You'll see that I, at least, can recognize players of a system and am decently succinct in my predictions of NFL players. I do have my weaknesses, however. I am one of the only people in the US that owns a James Davis Browns jersey, besides James Davis himself.

    I do agree that a franchise QB has a huge impact. I have been adamant about that. But I don't agree that you have to trade up for one, as it has rarely worked in the last decade.

    Here is a breakdown of all of the first round picks that have started this season, including their draft position and terms of their trades:

    http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/posts/217092/mortgaging_your_future_is_it.html

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I do agree that a franchise QB has a huge impact. I have been adamant about that. But I don't agree that you have to trade up for one, as it has rarely worked in the last decade.

    Oh, cool man. As regard to this part, don't you think there are some sample size and cause/effect problems with this thought?