Carlos Hyde
-
All homerism aside Carlos Hyde is a damn good football player. He's doesn't go down on first contact hardly ever and is a very one cut, find the hole and go guy. I'd love to see a healthy combo of him and Dion Lewis in the backfield next year.
-
He looks like a solid 2nd rounder in tonights game.
-
Hyde's a 2/3 rounder per DraftScout now. There are other RBs I Iike better.
Like him much better at the lower weight he played at this year, but I still have some questions around his agility and speed at NFL level. Certainly no questions about his power.
His pass receiving is also still a question as is his blocking although he seems very well suited for the latter.
-
I still say we go Michael Dyer. We're at the point where we can afford to take risks on off the field behavior.
-
I like the way he runs, he is decisive. Like it was mentioned above, he doesn't have that elite speed but that also isn't necessary. We don't need a home run hitter, we need someone dependable who will get 4+ YPC.
-
I want to get Hyde bad, maybe some Ohio State bias but I really think hes a good fit. We would have to trade down one of our 1sts though because we have too many holes. Need QB and OL
-
Solid heavy lifter. He shouldn't be a feature back, he should compliment Lewis. Only problem I see is that he's been running behind an offensive scheme at OH St that's been built around Braxton. Who btw might be the next Tebow. I like Braxton and thought maybe we could take him as a developmental, but after seeing how Tebow was incapable of adapting away from Urb's system I see the same problem with Braxton potentially. How that affects Hyde is that he's been a pure inside trap runner. Those holes are there at the collegiate level, not in the NFL. Kind of like Alfred Morris only gets the yards he does cause of RG. Morris would only be marginally better in our scheme than trent was
-
I want to get Hyde bad, maybe some Ohio State bias but I really think hes a good fit. We would have to trade down one of our 1sts though because we have too many holes. Need QB and OL
Don't you mean Joe "I Lead the Team in Interceptions" Haden?
We would have to trade down one of our 1sts though because we have too many holes. Need QB and OL
??? -
yeah Haden isn't as awesome as adverted but at the same time he's not bad, plays hard for us and he tackles like a boss. I watched Browns DB's for years diving at ankles of RB's.
-
Did you catch the shot Joe put on the back TE today who tried to hurdle him?
Launched right into the dude's chest and knocked him horizontal...
-
I'm more interested in that Boston College back.
-
I'm more interested in that Boston College back.
I'm more interested in that Boston College back.
Andre Williams...
DraftScout has him right behind Carlos...
... and while we're at it, right ahead of my guy, James White.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2014&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC
-
CLE should draft him with IND's pick. CLE needs just 2 things, a QB and RB, to get into playoff contention. They can't take a chance on having to settle for a lesser back.
-
I think our running game will take a leap once Dion Lewis comes back next year.
-
Tate is damn good. But make no mistake, todays NFL RB's are still worth their weight in gold. Hyde is a beast, and I'd like to grab him in 2nd to assure us getting him.
-
He would be a nice addition coupled with the MS CB Dennard to replace Joe "I can't make a game changing play" Haden.
-
CLE should draft him with IND's pick. CLE needs just 2 things, a QB and RB, to get into playoff contention. They can't take a chance on having to settle for a lesser back.
LOL @ jcam...
CLE should draft him with IND's pick. CLE needs just 2 things, a QB and RB, to get into playoff contention. They can't take a chance on having to settle for a lesser back.
I'm sorry, but that's just the panicked approach that led to our trade up for TR.
Hyde is good, but he is neither a first rounder nor a player that we can't afford to miss.
-
This front office has spoken out that they'll never take a back in the first.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login