Skip to content

Carlos Hyde

The Browns Board
29 16 1.7k
  • Solid heavy lifter. He shouldn't be a feature back, he should compliment Lewis. Only problem I see is that he's been running behind an offensive scheme at OH St that's been built around Braxton. Who btw might be the next Tebow. I like Braxton and thought maybe we could take him as a developmental, but after seeing how Tebow was incapable of adapting away from Urb's system I see the same problem with Braxton potentially. How that affects Hyde is that he's been a pure inside trap runner. Those holes are there at the collegiate level, not in the NFL. Kind of like Alfred Morris only gets the yards he does cause of RG. Morris would only be marginally better in our scheme than trent was

  • He would be a nice addition coupled with the MS CB Dennard to replace Joe "I can't make a game changing play" Haden.

  • I want to get Hyde bad, maybe some Ohio State bias but I really think hes a good fit. We would have to trade down one of our 1sts though because we have too many holes. Need QB and OL

    Don't you mean Joe "I Lead the Team in Interceptions" Haden?

    @hurricane said:

    We would have to trade down one of our 1sts though because we have too many holes. Need QB and OL

    😕 ???

  • yeah Haden isn't as awesome as adverted but at the same time he's not bad, plays hard for us and he tackles like a boss. I watched Browns DB's for years diving at ankles of RB's.

  • Did you catch the shot Joe put on the back TE today who tried to hurdle him?

    Launched right into the dude's chest and knocked him horizontal...

  • Did you catch the shot Joe put on the back TE today who tried to hurdle him?

    Launched right into the dude's chest and knocked him horizontal...

    @tour2ma said:

    Did you catch the shot Joe put on the back TE today who tried to hurdle him?

    Launched right into the dude's chest and knocked him horizontal...

    ^^This

  • I'm more interested in that Boston College back.

  • I'm more interested in that Boston College back.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I'm more interested in that Boston College back.

    Andre Williams...

    DraftScout has him right behind Carlos...

    ... and while we're at it, right ahead of my guy, James White.

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2014&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

  • CLE should draft him with IND's pick. CLE needs just 2 things, a QB and RB, to get into playoff contention. They can't take a chance on having to settle for a lesser back.

  • I think our running game will take a leap once Dion Lewis comes back next year.

  • Tate is damn good. But make no mistake, todays NFL RB's are still worth their weight in gold. Hyde is a beast, and I'd like to grab him in 2nd to assure us getting him.

  • He would be a nice addition coupled with the MS CB Dennard to replace Joe "I can't make a game changing play" Haden.

    @sundawg said:

    He would be a nice addition coupled with the MS CB Dennard to replace Joe "I can't make a game changing play" Haden.

    I am curious if you can tell us how the view is up inside your ass??!! Will you need help getting your head out of there at some point or do you just like the smell?

  • CLE should draft him with IND's pick. CLE needs just 2 things, a QB and RB, to get into playoff contention. They can't take a chance on having to settle for a lesser back.

    LOL @ jcam...

    @koalabazooka said:

    CLE should draft him with IND's pick. CLE needs just 2 things, a QB and RB, to get into playoff contention. They can't take a chance on having to settle for a lesser back.

    I'm sorry, but that's just the panicked approach that led to our trade up for TR.

    Hyde is good, but he is neither a first rounder nor a player that we can't afford to miss.

  • This front office has spoken out that they'll never take a back in the first.

  • Don't you mean Joe "I Lead the Team in Interceptions" Haden?

    @hurricane said:

    We would have to trade down one of our 1sts though because we have too many holes. Need QB and OL

    😕 ???

    @tour2ma said:

    Don't you mean Joe "I Lead the Team in Interceptions" Haden?

    😕 ???

    Yeah I worded that poorly, was still raging at Sundays blatant ref swayed game, but I meant that Hyde would require us to take an RB higher than we should so if we want to do it we should trade down one of our 1sts

  • LOL @ jcam...

    @koalabazooka said:

    CLE should draft him with IND's pick. CLE needs just 2 things, a QB and RB, to get into playoff contention. They can't take a chance on having to settle for a lesser back.

    I'm sorry, but that's just the panicked approach that led to our trade up for TR.

    Hyde is good, but he is neither a first rounder nor a player that we can't afford to miss.

    @tour2ma said:

    LOL @ jcam...

    I'm sorry, but that's just the panicked approach that led to our trade up for TR.

    Hyde is good, but he is neither a first rounder nor a player that we can't afford to miss.

    Who would you draft in the 1st, then? QB then OG?

  • @tour2ma said:

    LOL @ jcam...

    I'm sorry, but that's just the panicked approach that led to our trade up for TR.

    Hyde is good, but he is neither a first rounder nor a player that we can't afford to miss.

    Who would you draft in the 1st, then? QB then OG?

    @koalabazooka said:

    Who would you draft in the 1st, then? QB then OG?

    there's only 1 or 2 guys that we should consider taking with the 1st pick in terms of qb's. If those guys are gone, it's gotta be Clowney if he's still there.

  • Better to draft backs than sign them, get their best four years and let'em walk while they still can. Hyde and Williams are the type of back we need to go with pass receivers Lewis, Fozzy, and Obie. Back by committee is the way to go.

  • LOL @ jcam...

    @koalabazooka said:

    CLE should draft him with IND's pick. CLE needs just 2 things, a QB and RB, to get into playoff contention. They can't take a chance on having to settle for a lesser back.

    I'm sorry, but that's just the panicked approach that led to our trade up for TR.

    Hyde is good, but he is neither a first rounder nor a player that we can't afford to miss.

    @tour2ma said:

    LOL @ jcam...

    I'm sorry, but that's just the panicked approach that led to our trade up for TR.

    Hyde is good, but he is neither a first rounder nor a player that we can't afford to miss.

    If he is not a first rounder then I doubt that any RB will ever again be a first rounder.

    The Browns NEED a RB. Whether Hyde would be good here or not is irrelevent.....but he appears to be the best of the bunch out there. WE need someone.

  • @tour2ma said:

    LOL @ jcam...

    I'm sorry, but that's just the panicked approach that led to our trade up for TR.

    Hyde is good, but he is neither a first rounder nor a player that we can't afford to miss.

    If he is not a first rounder then I doubt that any RB will ever again be a first rounder.

    The Browns NEED a RB. Whether Hyde would be good here or not is irrelevent.....but he appears to be the best of the bunch out there. WE need someone.

    @the-gipper said:

    If he is not a first rounder then I doubt that any RB will ever again be a first rounder.

    The Browns NEED a RB. Whether Hyde would be good here or not is irrelevent.....but he appears to be the best of the bunch out there. WE need someone.

    Agreed. CLE was forced to run the most passing-oriented offense in the NFL with WEEDEN because the rushing attack has been that pitiful. More rushing offense will mean less chances for sacks and INTs.