Skip to content

Chris Johnson

The Browns Board
15 13 883
  • He is expected to be released at the end of the season. Should Browns pursue him? What it be a good idea or is he done ? Thoughts?

  • He's been under performing for the past 3 years or more? Not sure he's worth a look.

  • He might be worth a look, but at veteran min. money

  • I think we should fix our run blocking before anything. Need better blocking in order to get any production from our RBs.

  • Toby Gerhart is in his last year of contact in Minny and I don't think they pay to keep him. 26 years old with a lot of tread left. Could team him up with Dion Lewis, Fozzy and Oby to have a pretty nice stable.

    But yes, we need better run blocking. It's below subpar.

    When Gordon wasn't busy setting NFL records for receiving, he was also our leading rusher with 34 yards on one carry.

    Zombo

  • What happened to Greco? I saw Pinkston was playing LG most of the game. I didn't catch if there was an injury, but Pinkston played damn well at LG. Too bad the coaches don't realize how god awful Lauvao is at RG. He is the weakness in the run game and pass game. The rest of the line, especially with Pinky in there, have been pretty solid as of late. Mack isn't much of a run-blocker, but I see him coming back (even if we have to tag him) b/c we aren't going to get much better at that position...

    Plus, why the he** are most of our runs to the right side. Look at any advanced stats on our line and you will se that we have the most success running off-tackle to the left... hmmmm... wonder why???

  • Plus, why the he** are most of our runs to the right side. Look at any advanced stats on our line and you will se that we have the most success running off-tackle to the left... hmmmm... wonder why???

    I have been saying this all year. Joe Thomas is an ALL-PRO LT why do they run away from his side?

  • Gerhart's not a bad idea if we don't get Hyde or another heavy lifter in the draft.

  • What happened to Greco? I saw Pinkston was playing LG most of the game. I didn't catch if there was an injury, but Pinkston played damn well at LG. Too bad the coaches don't realize how god awful Lauvao is at RG. He is the weakness in the run game and pass game. The rest of the line, especially with Pinky in there, have been pretty solid as of late. Mack isn't much of a run-blocker, but I see him coming back (even if we have to tag him) b/c we aren't going to get much better at that position...

    Plus, why the he** are most of our runs to the right side. Look at any advanced stats on our line and you will se that we have the most success running off-tackle to the left... hmmmm... wonder why???

    @thenew23 said:

    What happened to Greco? I saw Pinkston was playing LG most of the game. I didn't catch if there was an injury, but Pinkston played damn well at LG. Too bad the coaches don't realize how god awful Lauvao is at RG. He is the weakness in the run game and pass game. The rest of the line, especially with Pinky in there, have been pretty solid as of late. Mack isn't much of a run-blocker, but I see him coming back (even if we have to tag him) b/c we aren't going to get much better at that position...

    Plus, why the he** are most of our runs to the right side. Look at any advanced stats on our line and you will se that we have the most success running off-tackle to the left... hmmmm... wonder why???

    Greco left the game with a "sprained knee". Patriots probably targeted the knee.

    Zombo

  • No one wants Chris Johnson.

  • No..Chris Johnson is done...

  • Someone will pay him a premium and they will realize pretty quickly why the Titans parted with him.

  • No way. Dion Lewis is better than him.

  • Seems like the kinda guy that's gonna demand a huge contract.

    I'd say we spend one of our 2, or 3rd rounders on a back

  • Toby Gerhart is in his last year of contact in Minny and I don't think they pay to keep him. 26 years old with a lot of tread left. Could team him up with Dion Lewis, Fozzy and Oby to have a pretty nice stable.

    But yes, we need better run blocking. It's below subpar.

    When Gordon wasn't busy setting NFL records for receiving, he was also our leading rusher with 34 yards on one carry.

    Zombo

    At the right price, CJ would be a nice addition. He's not done; he just has too many miles to continue to be the featured back.

    Zombo said:

    Toby Gerhart is in his last year of contact in Minny and I don't think they pay to keep him.

    Yup... I mentioned Toby a while back in the thread about us pursuing Texans' RB, Ben Tate.

    Gerhart played well 2 years ago when AP tore up his knee. He looked good again Sunday after AP went down with an ankle sprain.