Jadeveon Clowney ticketed going 110 mph
-
Who gives a shit? He isn't going to be a Brown anyway. Nothing beats Delonte West speeding down the highway with a guitar case full of guns. Clowney is childs-play compared to Delonte.
Who gives a shit? He isn't going to be a Brown anyway. Nothing beats Delonte West speeding down the highway with a guitar case full of guns. Clowney is childs-play compared to Delonte.
you never know. As it stands now where we're picking....he "might" be there. MN has to take a qb. So that leaves the skins, texans and falcons that potentially would take him.
-
but I think we can improve on our draft position...just takes a little sticktoitiveness, some gumption. We can't do anything stuipid like decide all of a sudden to win meaningless games. What has me potentially intrigued is if we can get to a pick where Clowney is there...we can shop him. Sheard's contract is up after this year and maybe he wants out, maybe he wants too much...afterall the guy on the other side is getting 8m to do approximately nothing more than he's doing. So Jabaal might be out after this year I dunno. If that's the case than maybe we should actually take Clowney. Or if the FO can dupe another team into taking Kruger...than take Clowney. If not, than at least we can bluff the league into thinking we'll take him. Teams like the Giants will absolutely come out of their pockets to jump up a few picks.
-
but I think we can improve on our draft position...just takes a little sticktoitiveness, some gumption. We can't do anything stuipid like decide all of a sudden to win meaningless games. What has me potentially intrigued is if we can get to a pick where Clowney is there...we can shop him. Sheard's contract is up after this year and maybe he wants out, maybe he wants too much...afterall the guy on the other side is getting 8m to do approximately nothing more than he's doing. So Jabaal might be out after this year I dunno. If that's the case than maybe we should actually take Clowney. Or if the FO can dupe another team into taking Kruger...than take Clowney. If not, than at least we can bluff the league into thinking we'll take him. Teams like the Giants will absolutely come out of their pockets to jump up a few picks.
but I think we can improve on our draft position...just takes a little sticktoitiveness, some gumption. We can't do anything stuipid like decide all of a sudden to win meaningless games. What has me potentially intrigued is if we can get to a pick where Clowney is there...we can shop him. Sheard's contract is up after this year and maybe he wants out, maybe he wants too much...afterall the guy on the other side is getting 8m to do approximately nothing more than he's doing. So Jabaal might be out after this year I dunno. If that's the case than maybe we should actually take Clowney. Or if the FO can dupe another team into taking Kruger...than take Clowney. If not, than at least we can bluff the league into thinking we'll take him. Teams like the Giants will absolutely come out of their pockets to jump up a few picks.
I thought Sheard was in the same draft class as Haden, so they still have next season with the Browns before their contracts are up?
If Clowney is all they say he is, I'd love to have him here. I don't think it would look too good for the FO if they took two OLB's in the top 6 in back to back drafts, though.
-
Ya gotta remember the crazy shit we did when we were kids and how much crazier it would have been if wed had teachers passing us whether we could read or not, chicks throwing themselves at us and every guy in school kissing our ass since we were 14, not to mention in full knowledge that pretty soon somebody was going to handle us a stack of million dollar bills...
WSS
-
but I think we can improve on our draft position...just takes a little sticktoitiveness, some gumption. We can't do anything stuipid like decide all of a sudden to win meaningless games. What has me potentially intrigued is if we can get to a pick where Clowney is there...we can shop him. Sheard's contract is up after this year and maybe he wants out, maybe he wants too much...afterall the guy on the other side is getting 8m to do approximately nothing more than he's doing. So Jabaal might be out after this year I dunno. If that's the case than maybe we should actually take Clowney. Or if the FO can dupe another team into taking Kruger...than take Clowney. If not, than at least we can bluff the league into thinking we'll take him. Teams like the Giants will absolutely come out of their pockets to jump up a few picks.
I thought Sheard was in the same draft class as Haden, so they still have next season with the Browns before their contracts are up?
If Clowney is all they say he is, I'd love to have him here. I don't think it would look too good for the FO if they took two OLB's in the top 6 in back to back drafts, though.
. I don't think it would look too good for the FO if they took two OLB's in the top 6 in back to back drafts, though.
If the qb's we want our gone, there isn't a joe thomas can't miss o line prospect there....why would you not take him? I would trade Kruger if anyone was willing to take his 8m contract if it means signing CLowney. Or like I've been saying, we could dangle CLowney to the rest of the league. Who wants to come out of their pockets?
-
. I don't think it would look too good for the FO if they took two OLB's in the top 6 in back to back drafts, though.
If the qb's we want our gone, there isn't a joe thomas can't miss o line prospect there....why would you not take him? I would trade Kruger if anyone was willing to take his 8m contract if it means signing CLowney. Or like I've been saying, we could dangle CLowney to the rest of the league. Who wants to come out of their pockets?
If the qb's we want our gone, there isn't a joe thomas can't miss o line prospect there....why would you not take him? I would trade Kruger if anyone was willing to take his 8m contract if it means signing CLowney. Or like I've been saying, we could dangle CLowney to the rest of the league. Who wants to come out of their pockets?
If the QB's that the Browns like are gone at their pick and Clowney is there, I'm all for trading back. Acquire a 2015 first rounder and work with BPA at the two later first rounders. It never hurts to have future assets, but we still can't pass up taking some players in this draft because it seems to be semi-deep in a lot of positions of need for us.
-
If the qb's we want our gone, there isn't a joe thomas can't miss o line prospect there....why would you not take him? I would trade Kruger if anyone was willing to take his 8m contract if it means signing CLowney. Or like I've been saying, we could dangle CLowney to the rest of the league. Who wants to come out of their pockets?
If the QB's that the Browns like are gone at their pick and Clowney is there, I'm all for trading back. Acquire a 2015 first rounder and work with BPA at the two later first rounders. It never hurts to have future assets, but we still can't pass up taking some players in this draft because it seems to be semi-deep in a lot of positions of need for us.
If the QB's that the Browns like are gone at their pick and Clowney is there, I'm all for trading back. Acquire a 2015 first rounder and work with BPA at the two later first rounders. It never hurts to have future assets, but we still can't pass up taking some players in this draft because it seems to be semi-deep in a lot of positions of need for us.
we trade back for the right price though. If the league calls our bluff that we won't take Clowney cause we already have OLB'ers....fuck it take him. Yeah we don't absolutely need another OLB'er but this kid "may" be a generational talent. I think Mingo would be broken down now if he had to start from day one...he's benefited tremendously from being able to play with Kruger and Sheard. Clowney could absolutely be part of that rotation. And maybe a few years down the road we trade one of those other guys if Clowney becomes a force you simply can't take off the field. One guy that I'm watching intently on another team is that german kid Werner from FSU. He's subbing behind Mathis right now. Beginning of the season he was getting noobed out hard just like Mingo was on the run support. I think in a year or two he's going to be one of the best OLB'ers in the NFL not in small part because he's subbing behind the best pass rusher in the NFL right now in Mathis.
-
Tajh Boyd got pulled today for going 82 in a 60.
Just proves that Boyd, even in a car, isn't as fast as Clowney.
Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.
I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.
My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.
Tajh Boyd got pulled today for going 82 in a 60. Just proves that Boyd, even in a car, isn't as fast as Clowney.
LOL...
-
Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.
I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.
My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.
Tajh Boyd got pulled today for going 82 in a 60. Just proves that Boyd, even in a car, isn't as fast as Clowney.
LOL...
Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.
I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.
My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.
LOL...
He's rated "very" high against the run isn't he? We know he can rush....sooooo how is he not a 3 down prospect? He's 6'6 around 250 right? That's not an NFL DE. He'll be around 270 before it's said and done and that's perfect for a hybrid. And he's absolutely fast enough and athletic enough to drop into coverage with anybody, if his technique is there I dunno. If Pgh could make it work with bubba dropping into coverage than we should certainly be able to find a way with Clowney who's way ahead of harrison in terms of speed and agility.
-
Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.
I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.
My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.
Tajh Boyd got pulled today for going 82 in a 60. Just proves that Boyd, even in a car, isn't as fast as Clowney.
LOL...
Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.
I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.
My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.
LOL...
That's my worry.
I'm in Gamecock country. I'm, I guess, a Gamecock fan by default if I had to pick one. I've watched every Clowney snap since his senior year of high school. I've met him. I've watched him practice. And there no denying he is , without a doubt, the single most athletically gifted person to enter the draft in the last 15 years. He's physically superior to Peppers as a prospect in every fashion.
But, I'm worried that he may not make the transition to the NFL as well. He's had a bad season being double, and sometimes triple, teamed.
It will happen in the NFL, too. Add in the other nuances of the game, and I'm just worried he may go the way of Vernon Gholston.
-
Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.
I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.
My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.
LOL...
That's my worry.
I'm in Gamecock country. I'm, I guess, a Gamecock fan by default if I had to pick one. I've watched every Clowney snap since his senior year of high school. I've met him. I've watched him practice. And there no denying he is , without a doubt, the single most athletically gifted person to enter the draft in the last 15 years. He's physically superior to Peppers as a prospect in every fashion.
But, I'm worried that he may not make the transition to the NFL as well. He's had a bad season being double, and sometimes triple, teamed.
It will happen in the NFL, too. Add in the other nuances of the game, and I'm just worried he may go the way of Vernon Gholston.
if he is double and triple teamed in the NFL or hell even right now, he's doing more for your D than if he gets 15 sacks.That's my worry.
I'm in Gamecock country. I'm, I guess, a Gamecock fan by default if I had to pick one. I've watched every Clowney snap since his senior year of high school. I've met him. I've watched him practice. And there no denying he is , without a doubt, the single most athletically gifted person to enter the draft in the last 15 years. He's physically superior to Peppers as a prospect in every fashion.
But, I'm worried that he may not make the transition to the NFL as well. He's had a bad season being double, and sometimes triple, teamed.
It will happen in the NFL, too. Add in the other nuances of the game, and I'm just worried he may go the way of Vernon Gholston.
-
if he is double and triple teamed in the NFL or hell even right now, he's doing more for your D than if he gets 15 sacks.That's my worry.
I'm in Gamecock country. I'm, I guess, a Gamecock fan by default if I had to pick one. I've watched every Clowney snap since his senior year of high school. I've met him. I've watched him practice. And there no denying he is , without a doubt, the single most athletically gifted person to enter the draft in the last 15 years. He's physically superior to Peppers as a prospect in every fashion.
But, I'm worried that he may not make the transition to the NFL as well. He's had a bad season being double, and sometimes triple, teamed.
It will happen in the NFL, too. Add in the other nuances of the game, and I'm just worried he may go the way of Vernon Gholston.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
if he is double and triple teamed in the NFL or hell even right now, he's doing more for your D than if he gets 15 sacks.
Not so much for South Carolina, as the rest of their defensive line could get blocked by a sawhorse and some caution tape.
In the NFL, he may get to the level where he'll command double teams regularly, and that would free up another rusher, but that is an if. He'll no doubt be sporadically double teamed but taking a guy in the top ten just to be a blocking dummy isn't a high value pick. Especially when you have four capable OLB's on your roster.
I understand the value of commanding that much attention, but it's just not the right direction for the Browns at the moment.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
if he is double and triple teamed in the NFL or hell even right now, he's doing more for your D than if he gets 15 sacks.
Not so much for South Carolina, as the rest of their defensive line could get blocked by a sawhorse and some caution tape.
In the NFL, he may get to the level where he'll command double teams regularly, and that would free up another rusher, but that is an if. He'll no doubt be sporadically double teamed but taking a guy in the top ten just to be a blocking dummy isn't a high value pick. Especially when you have four capable OLB's on your roster.
I understand the value of commanding that much attention, but it's just not the right direction for the Browns at the moment.
If he's there, you take him simply because he's the BPA and its not even close. He could play both DE and OLB given the situation. He would be a HUGE upgrade over Kruger immediately. And him being on the field is making it tons easier on the guys playing opposite him, not his fault they aren't capitalizing. Good thing about Krugers contract os we can dump him after year 2 or so for almost nothing.Not so much for South Carolina, as the rest of their defensive line could get blocked by a sawhorse and some caution tape.
In the NFL, he may get to the level where he'll command double teams regularly, and that would free up another rusher, but that is an if. He'll no doubt be sporadically double teamed but taking a guy in the top ten just to be a blocking dummy isn't a high value pick. Especially when you have four capable OLB's on your roster.
I understand the value of commanding that much attention, but it's just not the right direction for the Browns at the moment.
-
Here's my take. I'd love to have him. Its always cool to have the potential best player at his position in the league. Also probably any of the quarterbacks in the first 3 rounds are going to shake out equally, at least no one is less of a crapshoot then the rest. That being said I don't think we are desperate to replace Paul Kruger. He's a serviceable player as it is.
So back to the age old question, draft for best player available or draft for need.
WSS
-
Here's my take. I'd love to have him. Its always cool to have the potential best player at his position in the league. Also probably any of the quarterbacks in the first 3 rounds are going to shake out equally, at least no one is less of a crapshoot then the rest. That being said I don't think we are desperate to replace Paul Kruger. He's a serviceable player as it is.
So back to the age old question, draft for best player available or draft for need.
WSS
I definitely wasn't dogging Kruger but he's definitely not worth his contract. But Clowney is a once in a generation talent that shouldn't be passed up if given the opportunity to draft him. Hed come at half the price of Kruger and be here a minimum of 5 years. As for the age old question....Its a combination of the two. If the guy is the BPA by a wide margin u take him regardless of position and if its close u take the guy who's a need.Here's my take. I'd love to have him. Its always cool to have the potential best player at his position in the league. Also probably any of the quarterbacks in the first 3 rounds are going to shake out equally, at least no one is less of a crapshoot then the rest. That being said I don't think we are desperate to replace Paul Kruger. He's a serviceable player as it is.
So back to the age old question, draft for best player available or draft for need.
WSS
-
Yes. I think we should always take that one in a million blue chip player if one is available regardless of need.
WSS
-
Or Clowney may be another College DE that cannot stand up and play OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4, but can't see him as a 3-down, 3-4 OLB. I feel we really should have at least one, 3-down OLB on our team.
I'd rather have UCLA's Barr and it has nothing to do with a speeding ticket.
My personal best behind the wheel was 117 MPH on an Interstate in Wyoming on the way to Jackson Hole circa 1971, but was shotgun in a '68 Vette "rolling" up I-71 at 130-something.
Tajh Boyd got pulled today for going 82 in a 60. Just proves that Boyd, even in a car, isn't as fast as Clowney.
LOL...
I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4...
Should have read "I think he'll be a stud in a 4-3."
Yes. I think we should always take that one in a million blue chip player if one is available regardless of need.
The one (and only) need you have to impose on your draft is that the players fit your scheme. If you think Clowney can adapt to the 3-4, fine.... but you'd better be sure.
-
I think he'll be a stud at DE in a 3-4...
Should have read "I think he'll be a stud in a 4-3."
Yes. I think we should always take that one in a million blue chip player if one is available regardless of need.
The one (and only) need you have to impose on your draft is that the players fit your scheme. If you think Clowney can adapt to the 3-4, fine.... but you'd better be sure.
Should have read "I think he'll be a stud in a 4-3."
The one (and only) need you have to impose on your draft is that the players fit your scheme. If you think Clowney can adapt to the 3-4, fine.... but you'd better be sure.
That makes a great deal of sense, I hadn't really thought of it. No point in buying the best wood saw in the world if you want to cut sheet metal.
WSS
-
-
Someone who doesn't like authority obviously.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login