Skip to content

Kirk Cousins and the Draft

The Browns Board
38 19 2.0k
  • I am by no means in love with Cousins.....he is totally unproven. Had a couple of good games (primarily the one vs. the Browns).

    Yes, he could just be Scott Mitchell redux.

  • Why don't we watch him play first??

    and, 24% Gip?? I like the odds of drafting my guy a lot better than that...

  • Why don't we watch him play first??

    and, 24% Gip?? I like the odds of drafting my guy a lot better than that...

    @thenew23 said:

    Why don't we watch him play first??

    and, 24% Gip?? I like the odds of drafting my guy a lot better than that...

    Someone had said that there are other ways of obtaining a Super Bowl winning caliber QB than drafting him.....I was joint pointing out a certain percentage of those ways. While certainly one way is to draft a QB high, that is not the only way.

    By the way....the percentage should be higher......I didn't count Johnny Unitas, originally with the Steelers before going to the Colts. So it it definitely over one quarter of all winning SB QBs.

    Lets see, who were the #1 overalls?:

    Namath of the AFL draft.

    Bradshaw

    Elway

    Payton

    Aikman

    Eli

    Plunkett? I am not sure he was #1

    More winners were traded for than were #1s...though the #1s do seem to win more multiple SBS.

  • @thenew23 said:

    Why don't we watch him play first??

    and, 24% Gip?? I like the odds of drafting my guy a lot better than that...

    Someone had said that there are other ways of obtaining a Super Bowl winning caliber QB than drafting him.....I was joint pointing out a certain percentage of those ways. While certainly one way is to draft a QB high, that is not the only way.

    By the way....the percentage should be higher......I didn't count Johnny Unitas, originally with the Steelers before going to the Colts. So it it definitely over one quarter of all winning SB QBs.

    Lets see, who were the #1 overalls?:

    Namath of the AFL draft.

    Bradshaw

    Elway

    Payton

    Aikman

    Eli

    Plunkett? I am not sure he was #1

    More winners were traded for than were #1s...though the #1s do seem to win more multiple SBS.

    @the-gipper said:

    Someone had said that there are other ways of obtaining a Super Bowl winning caliber QB than drafting him.....I was joint pointing out a certain percentage of those ways. While certainly one way is to draft a QB high, that is not the only way.

    By the way....the percentage should be higher......I didn't count Johnny Unitas, originally with the Steelers before going to the Colts. So it it definitely over one quarter of all winning SB QBs.

    Lets see, who were the #1 overalls?:

    Namath of the AFL draft.

    Bradshaw

    Elway

    Payton

    Aikman

    Eli

    Plunkett? I am not sure he was #1

    More winners were traded for than were #1s...though the #1s do seem to win more multiple SBS.

    Don't just look at #1 overalls... almost 50% of Super Bowl Winning QBs were drafted in the top 12, and more than 60% were drafted in the top 32, or what would be the first round now...

  • What if Washington decides to get rid of RG3 instead?

  • it doesnt matter RGIII wont be in football after next year..

    @nickers said:

    it doesnt matter RGIII wont be in football after next year..

    When RG twee was drafted I said he wouldn't last 5 years/ The was damaged in college and it has only gotten worse

  • @the-gipper said:

    Someone had said that there are other ways of obtaining a Super Bowl winning caliber QB than drafting him.....I was joint pointing out a certain percentage of those ways. While certainly one way is to draft a QB high, that is not the only way.

    By the way....the percentage should be higher......I didn't count Johnny Unitas, originally with the Steelers before going to the Colts. So it it definitely over one quarter of all winning SB QBs.

    Lets see, who were the #1 overalls?:

    Namath of the AFL draft.

    Bradshaw

    Elway

    Payton

    Aikman

    Eli

    Plunkett? I am not sure he was #1

    More winners were traded for than were #1s...though the #1s do seem to win more multiple SBS.

    Don't just look at #1 overalls... almost 50% of Super Bowl Winning QBs were drafted in the top 12, and more than 60% were drafted in the top 32, or what would be the first round now...

    That's where they come from, as Mayock recently said. Quarterback is a first round proposition, mostly top 12. After pick 37 it really goes to shit.

    I think Wilson and Foles are doubling the number of quarterbacks succeeding for their original team who were picked after round 2. The others are Romo and Brady.

    @thenew23 said:

    Don't just look at #1 overalls... almost 50% of Super Bowl Winning QBs were drafted in the top 12, and more than 60% were drafted in the top 32, or what would be the first round now...

  • @nickers said:

    it doesnt matter RGIII wont be in football after next year..

    When RG twee was drafted I said he wouldn't last 5 years/ The was damaged in college and it has only gotten worse

    @browns149 said:

    When RG twee was drafted I said he wouldn't last 5 years/ The was damaged in college and it has only gotten worse

    Yeah,And will likely be the reason,or part of the reason Shanny gets axed.

  • hahaah all those RGIII supporters look stupid now, I love it, never liked the guy

  • Don't think you give up on the rookie of the year after 13 games but RGIII has struggled a bit.

  • @nickers said:

    it doesnt matter RGIII wont be in football after next year..

    When RG twee was drafted I said he wouldn't last 5 years/ The was damaged in college and it has only gotten worse

    @browns149 said:

    When RG twee was drafted I said he wouldn't last 5 years/ The was damaged in college and it has only gotten worse

    Maybe, maybe not. Statistically Griffin isn't that bad this year- but the Redskins suck. The Rams thank you for your suckage, and yet another high first rond pick.

    @hurricane said:

    hahaah all those RGIII supporters look stupid now, I love it, never liked the guy

    I don't dislike the guy, but I do dislike the hype. Nice to see the ESPN frontrunners get off his schlong now that he isn't winning.

  • hahaah all those RGIII supporters look stupid now, I love it, never liked the guy

    @hurricane said:

    hahaah all those RGIII supporters look stupid now, I love it, never liked the guy

    I never liked him either...I saw him as pure shit waiting to get Injured (exposed)

  • @the-gipper said:

    Someone had said that there are other ways of obtaining a Super Bowl winning caliber QB than drafting him.....I was joint pointing out a certain percentage of those ways. While certainly one way is to draft a QB high, that is not the only way.

    By the way....the percentage should be higher......I didn't count Johnny Unitas, originally with the Steelers before going to the Colts. So it it definitely over one quarter of all winning SB QBs.

    Lets see, who were the #1 overalls?:

    Namath of the AFL draft.

    Bradshaw

    Elway

    Payton

    Aikman

    Eli

    Plunkett? I am not sure he was #1

    More winners were traded for than were #1s...though the #1s do seem to win more multiple SBS.

    Don't just look at #1 overalls... almost 50% of Super Bowl Winning QBs were drafted in the top 12, and more than 60% were drafted in the top 32, or what would be the first round now...

    @thenew23 said:

    Don't just look at #1 overalls... almost 50% of Super Bowl Winning QBs were drafted in the top 12, and more than 60% were drafted in the top 32, or what would be the first round now...

    Sure, but my point was that a fair portion of SB winning QBs were "retreads", i.e. began their career elsewhere than where they won....about 26% of them. That includes some of those very high picks. Plunkett was on his third stop when he won and was a #1.

    I agree though....we should be looking at drafting our franchise QB very high.....but who is that guy to be? Is he in this draft?

    OR should we consider the "retread" route?

    If so, who? Cousins?

    Anyone else?

  • Cousins or Mallett are the untested guys, Cutler could become an enticing option....other than that you have yo draft a guy....no selling the farm though. Wouldnt be too upset if we used some later round picks to move up from Indys pick to nab someone though.

  • Cousins = Schaub

    WSS

  • Im interested to see how he does as a starter for three weeks. He's got good skills, he's young, looked like a leader when we played him last year.

    Z

  • a lot of you guys (shep #1) will be upset if we don't trade away the bank to get 'their' version of a franchise QB. even though none of them are NFL proven. just like RG3 wasn't. nor cousins. nor weeden.

    i don't care who the freakin guy is (and i keep saying this) it's all a crapshoot.

    i'd rather bolster the OL and then finish the defense, then get our RB and WR.

    i'd trade acouple of late picks and a second rounder next year for mallet than take a chance on any of these guys coming out............unless someone can completely convince me otherwise.

    carr and hundley are starting to intrigue me.

    whoever the QB is has got to be protected so..............

  • I will be upset if they DO trade up for a QB. If they have to give up the extra 1st rounder to move up, it will be stupid. IMO . There is no Andrew Luck in this draft, and RG3 was not worth what the Skins gave up for him.

  • Im interested to see how he does as a starter for three weeks. He's got good skills, he's young, looked like a leader when we played him last year.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Im interested to see how he does as a starter for three weeks. He's got good skills, he's young, looked like a leader when we played him last year.

    Z

    Every turd looks like Bart Starr when he plays us... Hopefully that will be changing soon.

    WSS

  • Zombo said:

    Im interested to see how he does as a starter for three weeks. He's got good skills, he's young, looked like a leader when we played him last year.

    Z

    Every turd looks like Bart Starr when he plays us... Hopefully that will be changing soon.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Every turd looks like Bart Starr when he plays us... Hopefully that will be changing soon.

    WSS

    lol!! 😆😆😆