Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. School Children Complain Of “Obama Worship” During Lessons

School Children Complain Of “Obama Worship” During Lessons

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
33 Posts 9 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D damajuki

    I think watching/discussing/studying the inauguration is perfectly legitimate. It's an amazing event, regardless of who is being inaugurated. It really displays the best of our system of government and reminds us all that we are incredibly fortunate to live in this country.

    This year's inauguration was quite literally a first and to NOT teach students about why it's so important on so many levels would make little sense.

    All that being said, I am disturbed by the notion of pledging allegiance to ANY president's image. Besides the obvious Orwellian overtones of Big Brother watching over the little ones, it's just un-American to celebrate the man over the country, especially during something that's ostensibly about pledging allegiance to the flag that represents the best of the country. Our country is about unity based in common cause, "E Pluribus Unum" and all that, not celebrating personality over substance. Ironically, I think Obama would be the first to agree with me on that and say that this type of thing is inappropriate.

    In a separate but related point, I also am opposed to the pledge itself, for its similarly creepy Orwellian tones, but that's another thread for another day...

    Mr. T Mr. TM
    • 7k Posts
    • 184 Reputation
    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @damajuki said:

    I think watching/discussing/studying the inauguration is perfectly legitimate. It's an amazing event, regardless of who is being inaugurated. It really displays the best of our system of government and reminds us all that we are incredibly fortunate to live in this country.

    This year's inauguration was quite literally a first and to NOT teach students about why it's so important on so many levels would make little sense.

    All that being said, I am disturbed by the notion of pledging allegiance to ANY president's image. Besides the obvious Orwellian overtones of Big Brother watching over the little ones, it's just un-American to celebrate the man over the country, especially during something that's ostensibly about pledging allegiance to the flag that represents the best of the country. Our country is about unity based in common cause, "E Pluribus Unum" and all that, not celebrating personality over substance. Ironically, I think Obama would be the first to agree with me on that and say that this type of thing is inappropriate.

    In a separate but related point, I also am opposed to the pledge itself, for its similarly creepy Orwellian tones, but that's another thread for another day...

    You make some good points, teachers should not be so fanatical that they impose there fandom upon children. Obama is only a man just as Bush (W) is.

    Head or Gut?
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #11

      Odd, I don't recall any school children being instructed to sing

      a "Hail to Bush" song...

      No "Bush gonna save us" lyrics...

      Nope. Always the kneejerk attempts at moral equivalency.

      No workee.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Mr. T Mr. TM
        • 7k Posts
        • 184 Reputation
        Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
        #12

        Cult of Obama indoctrination in PRESCHOOL!

        And this will make you puke!

        Head or Gut?
        ? 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Mr. TM Mr. T

          Cult of Obama indoctrination in PRESCHOOL!

          And this will make you puke!

          mz. ?
          • Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          ? mz. wrote on last edited by
          #13

          @mr.-t said:

          Cult of Obama indoctrination in PRESCHOOL!

          No workee, eh, Cal. Give me a break. I guess the Religious Right sees only what it wants to see as well. Anyone who worships or deifies a politician is an idiot.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • SiperBowl S
            • 328 Posts
            • 5 Reputation
            S SiperBowl wrote on last edited by
            #14

            Jesus camp ROCKS!

            Kordell Stewart & Big Ben have been the butt of gay jokes (pun intended) and it turns out his Steelers teammates feel the same way.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
              • 64k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
              #15

              Pitiful mz the pussy. That isn't a school. That's a eh... Christian church gathering? I reject that too, the teaching of kids

              to group idolize people.

              But in a public school setting, that is atrocious. Parents KNOW when their kids are in "Jesus Camp".

              But parents HAVE to send their kids to public schools by law, unless they are home schooled or go to a

              charter school.

              The NEA and all the state orgs of the teachers unions across the country, are sold out to the Dem party.

              And, liberals are all too often walked through the doors of college classes with approval, while conservatives

              have to parrot the all too common liberal hate verbage, or their grades suffer, and they are weeded out if at

              all possible.

              Been there myself, though that was a long time ago now...

              but there are plenty of that still happening.

              ? 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • C calfoxwc

                Pitiful mz the pussy. That isn't a school. That's a eh... Christian church gathering? I reject that too, the teaching of kids

                to group idolize people.

                But in a public school setting, that is atrocious. Parents KNOW when their kids are in "Jesus Camp".

                But parents HAVE to send their kids to public schools by law, unless they are home schooled or go to a

                charter school.

                The NEA and all the state orgs of the teachers unions across the country, are sold out to the Dem party.

                And, liberals are all too often walked through the doors of college classes with approval, while conservatives

                have to parrot the all too common liberal hate verbage, or their grades suffer, and they are weeded out if at

                all possible.

                Been there myself, though that was a long time ago now...

                but there are plenty of that still happening.

                mz. ?
                • Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                #16

                @calfoxwc said:

                And, liberals are all too often walked through the doors of college classes with approval, while conservatives

                have to parrot the all too common liberal hate verbage, or their grades suffer, and they are weeded out if at

                all possible.

                That may be the funniest/most paranoid thing I have read in a long, long while.

                Damn all of that "liberal hate verbage" I encountered in my Psych, Chem, Bio, Physics, Art History, Lit, Calculus, Marketing, Advertising, Finance and Accounting coursework. It was almost enough to make me wanna drop out!

                Legacy FanL 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                  • 28k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                  #17
                  Thanks for the informative and disturbing post T. I have seen this type of behavior from many liberals. Idolizing. Worship. It's scary. I've never seen anything like it. Just keep passing on this quality information and we will keep spreading the word. The truth shall prevail.
                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                  Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • mz. ?
                    • Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                    #18

                    hey DH, if you're in Santa Monica, we definitely need to "hook up." I'll show you the time of your life, sweetheart.

                    DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ? Guest

                      @calfoxwc said:

                      And, liberals are all too often walked through the doors of college classes with approval, while conservatives

                      have to parrot the all too common liberal hate verbage, or their grades suffer, and they are weeded out if at

                      all possible.

                      That may be the funniest/most paranoid thing I have read in a long, long while.

                      Damn all of that "liberal hate verbage" I encountered in my Psych, Chem, Bio, Physics, Art History, Lit, Calculus, Marketing, Advertising, Finance and Accounting coursework. It was almost enough to make me wanna drop out!

                      Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 197 Reputation
                      Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
                      #19

                      mz. said:

                      That may be the funniest/most paranoid thing I have read in a long, long while.

                      Damn all of that "liberal hate verbage" I encountered in my Psych, Chem, Bio, Physics, Art History, Lit, Calculus, Marketing, Advertising, Finance and Accounting coursework. It was almost enough to make me wanna drop out!

                      I wish I was encountering some liberal hate verbage in my organic chemistry class right about now. 🥷 <-"ph34r" is what comes up for this emoticon - anybody know what that means?

                      Well, I'm using it to signify that o-chem would be hard, even for a ninja.

                      Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                      ? Mr. TM 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

                        mz. said:

                        That may be the funniest/most paranoid thing I have read in a long, long while.

                        Damn all of that "liberal hate verbage" I encountered in my Psych, Chem, Bio, Physics, Art History, Lit, Calculus, Marketing, Advertising, Finance and Accounting coursework. It was almost enough to make me wanna drop out!

                        I wish I was encountering some liberal hate verbage in my organic chemistry class right about now. 🥷 <-"ph34r" is what comes up for this emoticon - anybody know what that means?

                        Well, I'm using it to signify that o-chem would be hard, even for a ninja.

                        mz. ?
                        • Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                        #20

                        @legacy-fan said:

                        I wish I was encountering some liberal hate verbage in my organic chemistry class right

                        I took that shit, too. Even some Rachel Maddow trash would have improved it. 🙂

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

                          mz. said:

                          That may be the funniest/most paranoid thing I have read in a long, long while.

                          Damn all of that "liberal hate verbage" I encountered in my Psych, Chem, Bio, Physics, Art History, Lit, Calculus, Marketing, Advertising, Finance and Accounting coursework. It was almost enough to make me wanna drop out!

                          I wish I was encountering some liberal hate verbage in my organic chemistry class right about now. 🥷 <-"ph34r" is what comes up for this emoticon - anybody know what that means?

                          Well, I'm using it to signify that o-chem would be hard, even for a ninja.

                          Mr. T Mr. TM
                          • 7k Posts
                          • 184 Reputation
                          Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                          #21

                          @legacy-fan said:

                          I wish I was encountering some liberal hate verbage in my organic chemistry class right about now. 🥷 <-"ph34r" is what comes up for this emoticon - anybody know what that means?

                          Well, I'm using it to signify that o-chem would be hard, even for a ninja.

                          ph34r = "to fear" but ninja works.

                          Head or Gut?
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • ? Guest

                            hey DH, if you're in Santa Monica, we definitely need to "hook up." I'll show you the time of your life, sweetheart.

                            DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                            • 28k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                            #22

                            mz. said:

                            hey DH, if you're in Santa Monica, we definitely need to "hook up." I'll show you the time of your life, sweetheart.

                            I don't swing that way. However, I will "hook up" with your new bride if you don't mind? 😉

                            "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                            ? Mr. TM 2 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                              mz. said:

                              hey DH, if you're in Santa Monica, we definitely need to "hook up." I'll show you the time of your life, sweetheart.

                              I don't swing that way. However, I will "hook up" with your new bride if you don't mind? 😉

                              mz. ?
                              • Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                              #23

                              @diehardbrownsfan said:

                              I don't swing that way. However, I will "hook up" with your new bride if you don't mind? 😉

                              Perfect! She's totally into old, racist, uneducated rednecks.

                              DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • ? Guest

                                @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                I don't swing that way. However, I will "hook up" with your new bride if you don't mind? 😉

                                Perfect! She's totally into old, racist, uneducated rednecks.

                                DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                • 28k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #24

                                mz. said:

                                Perfect! She's totally into old, racist, uneducated rednecks.

                                Kewl!

                                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                  mz. said:

                                  hey DH, if you're in Santa Monica, we definitely need to "hook up." I'll show you the time of your life, sweetheart.

                                  I don't swing that way. However, I will "hook up" with your new bride if you don't mind? 😉

                                  Mr. T Mr. TM
                                  • 7k Posts
                                  • 184 Reputation
                                  Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                                  #25

                                  @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                  I don't swing that way. However, I will "hook up" with your new bride if you don't mind? 😉

                                  diehard be careful he is into dolls, possibly married the blow up kind 😆

                                  Head or Gut?
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                    • 64k Posts
                                    • 8k Reputation
                                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                    #26

                                    So, mz the pussy, you were a Republican, who disagreed with your leftist politcally oriented profs?

                                    Or, you were obviously? always a flaming liberal, and you had no problem at all.

                                    I think the latter, and you don't have a clue about what I said and how often it happens...

                                    ? 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan
                                      Thanks for the informative and disturbing post T. I have seen this type of behavior from many liberals. Idolizing. Worship. It's scary. I've never seen anything like it. Just keep passing on this quality information and we will keep spreading the word. The truth shall prevail.
                                      Mr. T Mr. TM
                                      • 7k Posts
                                      • 184 Reputation
                                      Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                                      #27

                                      @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                      Thanks for the informative and disturbing post T. I have seen this type of behavior from many liberals. Idolizing. Worship. It's scary. I've never seen anything like it. Just keep passing on this quality information and we will keep spreading the word. The truth shall prevail.

                                      Thanks Diehard, I think the last time a nations youth were endoctrinated to this type of behavior was in this video.

                                      Head or Gut?
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • C calfoxwc

                                        So, mz the pussy, you were a Republican, who disagreed with your leftist politcally oriented profs?

                                        Or, you were obviously? always a flaming liberal, and you had no problem at all.

                                        I think the latter, and you don't have a clue about what I said and how often it happens...

                                        mz. ?
                                        • Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        ? mz. wrote on last edited by
                                        #28

                                        @calfoxwc said:

                                        So, mz the pussy, you were a Republican, who disagreed with your leftist politcally oriented profs?

                                        Or, you were obviously? always a flaming liberal, and you had no problem at all.

                                        I think the latter, and you don't have a clue about what I said and how often it happens...

                                        No, jackass, we discussed Chemistry in Chemistry class and Psych in Psych class. Not politics.

                                        If you take a f-ing politics class, expect political discussion.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                          • 64k Posts
                                          • 8k Reputation
                                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                                          #29

                                          jackass yourself.

                                          I can give you plenty of examples, some happened to me.

                                          A math class taught by an Iranian assistant prof - running down our country in the worst way, calling us

                                          satans... when I stood up and said that was offensive and I objected, she said I just

                                          flunked our midterm, which we hadn't had yet.

                                          Well, with plenty of witnesses, the whole class was behind me, she ended up walking out, and

                                          was gone, never to be in charge of our class again.

                                          Argumentation class - I was a speech major/English minor before I left and joined the Air Force, got a D- on an outstanding

                                          paper - the Dean evaled it without the grade, and gave it at least a B+, even if he were trying to be an (*(*&^..

                                          The offending "prof" was an anti-war, anti-America activist. I wrote a defense of our military folks, and our country,not

                                          of the Vietnam War. When I met him at his office, he rambled on about me being an affront to his subculture, and his

                                          grade did ignore the merits of my paper, but he felt he needed to make a statement against America, and would not change

                                          his grade.

                                          Of course, this was at Kent State eh... many, many years ago. I don't imagine you were there.

                                          But please, tell me a lot of crap about May 4th. I was there that day.

                                          And I still hear about students having this same kind of problem.

                                          jackass yourself.

                                          ? 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate