The Hobitt: Desolation of Smaug
-
Resident Tolkien fanatic checking in. Way, way better than Unexpected Journey. Plot & action don't drag nearly as much. 100% faithful to the book- no, but we've come to expect that.
Orlando Bloom fans are going to love it- as he has a very prominent role in the movie- building on the stuff elves can do. Very close to what Tolkien envisioned about elves being able to take on 30 orcs at once. Smaug may well be the best CGI dragon in the history of film. Suitably evil- dragons in Tolkien's mythology aren't just dumb fire breathing critters with wings.
Yes stretching it out to three movies will leave you hanging- but still A-, and up there wth LOTR "The Two Towers" in overall satisfaction.
A-
-
Thanks.
That would be what I'd expected and I'm on my way to the first show today.
WSS
-
A Tolkien fanatic who can't spell Hobbit?

-
I liked it but I dig fantasy/sci-fi stuff.
-
-
So? Did George R.R. Martin give himself an extra middle name starting with an R just so he could match Tolkien's R.R.s?
-
I liked it
-
I.have to admit I hated the lord of the rings. Not the movies but the books. Hated. So boring and stupid. The hobbit was bearable but I do not get the fascination with lotr.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login