Do Whatever it Takes
-
If it takes 2 block punts......they will do it
If it takes passing on an entire draft.......They will do it
If it takes hiring inexperienced head coaches........They will do it
If it takes an owner to get indicted...........oh wait that has happened......YET
-
I'm so scared they're going to gift away our draft this year to move up a couple slots to take some run happy read option fgt who's gonna get his facemask pointed sideways against blt and pgh. DUde isn't going to last a year and we'll have given away potentially one of the best drafts in NFL history.
-
I'm so scared they're going to gift away our draft this year to move up a couple slots to take some run happy read option fgt who's gonna get his facemask pointed sideways against blt and pgh. DUde isn't going to last a year and we'll have given away potentially one of the best drafts in NFL history.
I'm so scared they're going to gift away our draft this year to move up a couple slots to take some run happy read option fgt who's gonna get his facemask pointed sideways against blt and pgh. DUde isn't going to last a year and we'll have given away potentially one of the best drafts in NFL history.
Nope. Sounds like they are on the Bortles bandwagon
-
The Browns will Do Whatever it Takes......to lose:
If it takes throwing multiple interceptions... they will do it.
If it takes fumbling the ball away....they will do it.
If it takes botching up an onside kick....they will do it.
If it takes a CB biting on a fake to allow a WR to get open for a TD....they will do it.
It it takes going into the prevent defense and thus preventing their own win...they will do it.
If it take them getting some of their best players injured and being sidelined....they will do it.
If it takes not covering RBs out of the backfield...they will do it.
If it takes playing a soft zone, thus allowing the other team to march down the field 8=10-12 yards at a time....they will do it.
If it takes letting the other teams RB roll over them for 100 yards in the 4th quarter....they will do it.
If it takes the defense to collapse overall.....they will do it.
If it takes horrendously bad play calling...they will do it.
If it take horrible tackling...they will do it.
If it takes horrible offensive schemes or horrible defensive schemes...they will do it.
If it takes putting absolutely no pressure on the opposing QB at critical points in the game...they will do it.
Whatever it takes....they will do it.
The Browns will Do Whatever it Takes......to lose:
OK, now, suggest remedies to these problems?
If it takes throwing multiple interceptions... they will do it.
Get a damn franchise QB in here that can read a defense and make accurate throws.
If it takes fumbling the ball away....they will do it.
Get a real running back.....and that franchise QB that won't fumble the ball after holding it too long.
If it takes botching up an onside kick....they will do it.
Get a special teams coach who knows what he is doing.
If it takes a CB biting on a fake to allow a WR to get open for a TD....they will do it.
Try to upgrade the CB position. Not saying we can do better than Haden....but get him some help and some depth.
It it takes going into the prevent defense and thus preventing their own win...they will do it.
Coach the defense that, if they are to be aggressive the rest of the game, then have them be aggressive at the end of the game.
If it take them getting some of their best players injured and being sidelined....they will do it.
Obvious answer: keep everybody healthy....but that is not possible. Though...you could train youir QBs how to slide properly.
If it takes not covering RBs out of the backfield...they will do it.
Draft....or get in FA a couple of decent ILBs.
If it takes playing a soft zone, thus allowing the other team to march down the field 8=10-12 yards at a time....they will do it.
Don't play so damn soft....again, continue to be aggressive
If it takes letting the other teams RB roll over them for 100 yards in the 4th quarter....they will do it.
I thought we had a hell of a run defending DL....but here, again, I think it comes back to the ILBs...getting good ones.
If it takes the defense to collapse overall.....they will do it.
Kick Ray Horton and his entire squad in the ass? I don't know what else can be done.
If it takes horrendously bad play calling...they will do it.
Should Norv be replaced? Is he over the hill? Or is it merely execution by the players?
If it take horrible tackling...they will do it.
Sorry...first, I would try to get a "tackling coach". Someone that can teach how to tackle. Then I would make anyone that missed a tackle do punishment runs. Carrot and stick approach.
If it takes horrible offensive schemes or horrible defensive schemes...they will do it.
If it really does take getting new coaches, do it.
If it takes putting absolutely no pressure on the opposing QB at critical points in the game...they will do it.
This may just take some time. I think the talent is there....and needs to develop.
Whatever it takes....they will do it.
-
I'm so scared they're going to gift away our draft this year to move up a couple slots to take some run happy read option fgt who's gonna get his facemask pointed sideways against blt and pgh. DUde isn't going to last a year and we'll have given away potentially one of the best drafts in NFL history.
I'm so scared they're going to gift away our draft this year to move up a couple slots to take some run happy read option fgt who's gonna get his facemask pointed sideways against blt and pgh. DUde isn't going to last a year and we'll have given away potentially one of the best drafts in NFL history.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
I'm so scared they're going to gift away our draft this year to move up a couple slots to take some run happy read option fgt who's gonna get his facemask pointed sideways against blt and pgh. DUde isn't going to last a year and we'll have given away potentially one of the best drafts in NFL history.
Looks like we'll be drafting top 5... won't need to trade up. Even if we did, who is the "run happy read option QB" this year??? Haven't seen one of those near the top of this draft...
I'm so scared they're going to gift away our draft this year to move up a couple slots to take some run happy read option fgt who's gonna get his facemask pointed sideways against blt and pgh. DUde isn't going to last a year and we'll have given away potentially one of the best drafts in NFL history.
-
Although I don't think it has been as bad as previous recent years, I agree about the soft coverage. When I see a DB sitting back 3-5 yards from a receiver just waiting for him to make the catch, THEN attempt to tackle him, it drives me crazy. Surely they should be able to read the play faster to be more effective. (i.e. Get in there to break up the catch or make an interception.)
-
Although I don't think it has been as bad as previous recent years, I agree about the soft coverage. When I see a DB sitting back 3-5 yards from a receiver just waiting for him to make the catch, THEN attempt to tackle him, it drives me crazy. Surely they should be able to read the play faster to be more effective. (i.e. Get in there to break up the catch or make an interception.)
Although I don't think it has been as bad as previous recent years, I agree about the soft coverage. When I see a DB sitting back 3-5 yards from a receiver just waiting for him to make the catch, THEN attempt to tackle him, it drives me crazy. Surely they should be able to read the play faster to be more effective. (i.e. Get in there to break up the catch or make an interception.)
Our cb's are not big enough to line up right across from the wr's. They have to play off, which I hate also. I'm guess Ray Horton knows this also.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login