Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Class
-
-
-
-
I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Linda Ronstadt, but having listened to a couple of things she sounds decent enough - but not exactly rock and roll? More country? I'm not too familiar with that HOF, so I don't know if they have a country class in there?
-
-
I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Linda Ronstadt, but having listened to a couple of things she sounds decent enough - but not exactly rock and roll? More country? I'm not too familiar with that HOF, so I don't know if they have a country class in there?
I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Linda Ronstadt, but having listened to a couple of things she sounds decent enough - but not exactly rock and roll? More country? I'm not too familiar with that HOF, so I don't know if they have a country class in there?
What planet do you live on?
Here is the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame website. Familiarize yourself.
-
I have to admit, my favorite Nirvana song is not a Nirvana song but a David Bowie song.
-
I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Linda Ronstadt, but having listened to a couple of things she sounds decent enough - but not exactly rock and roll? More country? I'm not too familiar with that HOF, so I don't know if they have a country class in there?
What planet do you live on?
Here is the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame website. Familiarize yourself.
What planet do you live on?
One where I was born in the 80s? Outside of the US?
-
In addition to the above main artists also inducted are:
The E Street Band....Bruce Springsteen's backup band, of course
Brian Epstein....the Beatles original Manager
Andrew Loog Oldham. The Rolling Stones original Manager.
Its all about the Beatles and the Stones
-
What planet do you live on?
One where I was born in the 80s? Outside of the US?
-
Linda Ronstadt was a versatile performer. She did some "country-ish" stuff ala Eagles etc. She also did rock n roll, balladic material, blues, and she did a lost of Hispanic music as despite her Gemanic surname, she was half hispanic:
-
Cat Stevens? Never liked the guy.
-
Cat Stevens? Never liked the guy.
Cat Stevens? Never liked the guy.
I never liked Nirvana, but I don't deny them their place.
Besides, other than The Beatles, Cat Stevens was the one guy from the Rock n Roll era that my mother liked. (long since passed away)
.......so that is all the credentials he needs as far as I am concerned to be HOF worthy.
Fair to say?
-
I love Rock & Roll, but find it funny how some artists are still waiting in the wings to get inducted, while others get into the HOF. Like Madonna or Joni Mitchell over Deep Purple or Genesis (Peter Gabriel gets his due this year).
I won 2 free memberships to the RRHOF for a year back in 2004, but never went. I swore I would never go until Black Sabbath got inducted (they did in 2006). I think musical taste is too subjective for all, and these kind of debates will always be there.
-
Agreed Bob. Madonna, in my view is horrible. I think its more of a popularity contest then actual talent.
-
Cat Stevens? Never liked the guy.
I never liked Nirvana, but I don't deny them their place.
Besides, other than The Beatles, Cat Stevens was the one guy from the Rock n Roll era that my mother liked. (long since passed away)
.......so that is all the credentials he needs as far as I am concerned to be HOF worthy.
Fair to say?
I never liked Nirvana, but I don't deny them their place.
Besides, other than The Beatles, Cat Stevens was the one guy from the Rock n Roll era that my mother liked. (long since passed away)
.......so that is all the credentials he needs as far as I am concerned to be HOF worthy.
Fair to say?
I don't deny him either. Just never cared for the guy. Maybe its because I was around 17 when his songs came out. Went into the Army when 'Peace Train' was popular. Just never got into his songs.
-
Agreed Bob. Madonna, in my view is horrible. I think its more of a popularity contest then actual talent.
Agreed Bob. Madonna, in my view is horrible. I think its more of a popularity contest then actual talent.
And that is why Madonna is in. She is as talented as any female performer in history.....beyond being an icon.
And the hundreds of music professionals that have a HOF vote agree with that assessment.
And yes, certainly "popularity" is a legitimate factor. Anyone that sells hundreds of millions of record has to be give serious consideration.
Why do you think ABBA is in?
-
I never liked Nirvana, but I don't deny them their place.
Besides, other than The Beatles, Cat Stevens was the one guy from the Rock n Roll era that my mother liked. (long since passed away)
.......so that is all the credentials he needs as far as I am concerned to be HOF worthy.
Fair to say?
I don't deny him either. Just never cared for the guy. Maybe its because I was around 17 when his songs came out. Went into the Army when 'Peace Train' was popular. Just never got into his songs.
I don't deny him either. Just never cared for the guy. Maybe its because I was around 17 when his songs came out. Went into the Army when 'Peace Train' was popular. Just never got into his songs.
Well, again, if it were just one individual's musical tastes that were to apply, I may have said leave Black Sabbath and ACDC on the scrap heap....but that would be foolish of me to ignore their......yes.....popularity....and influence in R&R history.
KISS is in now solely on popularity. Their songs are pretty basic and occasionally catchy, but, they would never have been considered among the most forward thinking musical masterminds on the planet. But boy did they have a following......and they brought tremendous marketing genius to the table, so you cannot discount that.
-
Agreed Bob. Madonna, in my view is horrible. I think its more of a popularity contest then actual talent.
And that is why Madonna is in. She is as talented as any female performer in history.....beyond being an icon.
And the hundreds of music professionals that have a HOF vote agree with that assessment.
And yes, certainly "popularity" is a legitimate factor. Anyone that sells hundreds of millions of record has to be give serious consideration.
Why do you think ABBA is in?
And that is why Madonna is in. She is as talented as any female performer in history.....beyond being an icon.
And the hundreds of music professionals that have a HOF vote agree with that assessment.
And yes, certainly "popularity" is a legitimate factor. Anyone that sells hundreds of millions of record has to be give serious consideration.
Why do you think ABBA is in?
Seriously? ABBA is in there? Rock and Roll...nope, it's not.
-
And that is why Madonna is in. She is as talented as any female performer in history.....beyond being an icon.
And the hundreds of music professionals that have a HOF vote agree with that assessment.
And yes, certainly "popularity" is a legitimate factor. Anyone that sells hundreds of millions of record has to be give serious consideration.
Why do you think ABBA is in?
Seriously? ABBA is in there? Rock and Roll...nope, it's not.
Seriously? ABBA is in there? Rock and Roll...nope, it's not.
Didn't you browse the website like I asked? If you had, yes, you would know that ABBA is in there.
The way some people describe it to me....not being a big ABBA advocate, is that they were the 80s version of The Mamas and Papas.....who are a no brainer for the RRHOF.
So, given that explanation I would say.....if appropriate, then yes, they belong.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login