Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Class
-
Josh Gordon's theme song could be "Blue Bayou" by Linda R.
-
Abba was 70s, not 80s, and like KISS they were a phenomenon that sold millions and millions of recordings. Not Rock n Roll ... But apparently pop music counts and it is The Big Musical Acts Post 1950 Hall of Fame.
Finally ... John Oates, Linda Rodstadt and Ace Freely on the same stage.
Z
Zombo said:
Abba was 70s, not 80s, and like KISS they were a phenomenon that sold millions and millions of recordings. Not Rock n Roll ... But apparently pop music counts and it is The Big Musical Acts Post 1950 Hall of Fame.
Finally ... John Oates, Linda Rodstadt and Ace Freely on the same stage.
Z
Linda is no longer capable of performing due apparently to her severe Parkinson's that she is suffering from . Too bad.
-
Madonna was as hot as they get when she stormed out of Michigan in the early eighties.
-
The Rock Hall is nearing joke....Hall and Oates maker it yet Chicago and Bad Compamy don't??
Shoot....even Cat Stevens can make it yet Chicago....a groundbreaking band, or Bad Company with the greatest voice in Rock history, can't?
Joke.......move it out of Cleveland. It isn't worthy of the ground.
-
The Moody Blues, Doobie Bros., Journey, Steppenwol and Steve Miller Band should all be in.
-
The Rock Hall is nearing joke....Hall and Oates maker it yet Chicago and Bad Compamy don't??
Shoot....even Cat Stevens can make it yet Chicago....a groundbreaking band, or Bad Company with the greatest voice in Rock history, can't?
Joke.......move it out of Cleveland. It isn't worthy of the ground.
The Rock Hall is nearing joke....Hall and Oates maker it yet Chicago and Bad Compamy don't??
Shoot....even Cat Stevens can make it yet Chicago....a groundbreaking band, or Bad Company with the greatest voice in Rock history, can't?
Joke.......move it out of Cleveland. It isn't worthy of the ground.
The greatest voice in rock history? Are you high? That's not even up for debate and it certainly wasn't Paul Rodgers. That's ridiculous. No one...no one would say Paul Rodgers had a better voice than Freddie Mercury.
-
The Rock Hall is nearing joke....Hall and Oates maker it yet Chicago and Bad Compamy don't??
Shoot....even Cat Stevens can make it yet Chicago....a groundbreaking band, or Bad Company with the greatest voice in Rock history, can't?
Joke.......move it out of Cleveland. It isn't worthy of the ground.
The Rock Hall is nearing joke....Hall and Oates maker it yet Chicago and Bad Compamy don't??
Shoot....even Cat Stevens can make it yet Chicago....a groundbreaking band, or Bad Company with the greatest voice in Rock history, can't?
Joke.......move it out of Cleveland. It isn't worthy of the ground.
Again, all a matter of personal taste, clearly.
I was never a Chicago fan.....so I am ambivalent about them not being in there. Blood, Sweat, and Tears, to me were a similar...better, earlier act.
I liked Bad Company....but they were not....as you say "groundbreaking". The principals of that band were in other bands that perhaps better consideration: Free with Paul Rodgers, Mott the Hoople with Mick Ralphs.
-
The Rock Hall is nearing joke....Hall and Oates maker it yet Chicago and Bad Compamy don't??
Shoot....even Cat Stevens can make it yet Chicago....a groundbreaking band, or Bad Company with the greatest voice in Rock history, can't?
Joke.......move it out of Cleveland. It isn't worthy of the ground.
The greatest voice in rock history? Are you high? That's not even up for debate and it certainly wasn't Paul Rodgers. That's ridiculous. No one...no one would say Paul Rodgers had a better voice than Freddie Mercury.
The greatest voice in rock history? Are you high? That's not even up for debate and it certainly wasn't Paul Rodgers. That's ridiculous. No one...no one would say Paul Rodgers had a better voice than Freddie Mercury.
Roy Orbison? any number of others. That is also very much a matter of personal taste.
-
The greatest voice in rock history? Are you high? That's not even up for debate and it certainly wasn't Paul Rodgers. That's ridiculous. No one...no one would say Paul Rodgers had a better voice than Freddie Mercury.
Roy Orbison? any number of others. That is also very much a matter of personal taste.
Roy Orbison? any number of others. That is also very much a matter of personal taste.
Do you consider Paul rodgers to have a better voice than Freddie Mercury?
-
Roy Orbison? any number of others. That is also very much a matter of personal taste.
Do you consider Paul rodgers to have a better voice than Freddie Mercury?
Do you consider Paul rodgers to have a better voice than Freddie Mercury?
No, not me personally. But others may. Recall that Queen got Rodgers to sing with them for a while to mimic Freddie.
-
Not to mimic Freddie. Just to make money. Nobody can mimic Freddie. They also split with rogers btw and got Adam Lambert.
-
I cannot understand why Peter Gabriel has shown indifference to his earlier days with Genesis?
It was not from a lack of effort on the part of the group to include Gabriel with them on what was thier last tour in 2007, and he turned it down.....
I liked the early "new" group without Gabriel actually, with Collins as the front guy - but apart from his costume get ups on stage - the guy can really sing.
-
I cannot understand why Peter Gabriel has shown indifference to his earlier days with Genesis?
It was not from a lack of effort on the part of the group to include Gabriel with them on what was thier last tour in 2007, and he turned it down.....
I liked the early "new" group without Gabriel actually, with Collins as the front guy - but apart from his costume get ups on stage - the guy can really sing.
I cannot understand why Peter Gabriel has shown indifference to his earlier days with Genesis?
It was not from a lack of effort on the part of the group to include Gabriel with them on what was thier last tour in 2007, and he turned it down.....
I liked the early "new" group without Gabriel actually, with Collins as the front guy - but apart from his costume get ups on stage - the guy can really sing.
I doubt you guys got the ad in the states because it's for a british band, but since we're talking Genesis, you might like this quite surreal commercial (and if not, then just the music).
-
Not to mimic Freddie. Just to make money. Nobody can mimic Freddie. They also split with rogers btw and got Adam Lambert.
Not to mimic Freddie. Just to make money. Nobody can mimic Freddie. They also split with rogers btw and got Adam Lambert.
Lambert comes/came as close to Mercury as anyone could.....a great voice. And a flamethrower as well.
-
I'll agree Lambert has a great voice but he's no Freddie mercury. All one needs to do is watch live aid 85 and see how Freddie has the entire crowd eating out of his hand on radio Gaga to know this guy was a special once in a lifetime talent. Only Michael Jackson compares to mercury in my book.
-
I cannot understand why Peter Gabriel has shown indifference to his earlier days with Genesis?
It was not from a lack of effort on the part of the group to include Gabriel with them on what was thier last tour in 2007, and he turned it down.....
I liked the early "new" group without Gabriel actually, with Collins as the front guy - but apart from his costume get ups on stage - the guy can really sing.
I doubt you guys got the ad in the states because it's for a british band, but since we're talking Genesis, you might like this quite surreal commercial (and if not, then just the music).
-
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
-
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
Steve, you know full well that they are not probably going to let a RRHOF class go by and not include women/minorities.
So she was not competing with every other musician out there, only with the other women musicians out there for the female slot.
So, from that stand point, she was probably a somewhat valid choice....if the RRHOF is going to go the politically correct route.
Other females that could have been considered:
Karen Carpenter/The Carpenters
Connie Francis
Annie Lennox/The Eurythmics
Janet Jackson
Suzi Quatro
Whitney Houston
Patsy Cline
Joan Baez
Nina Simone
Then you get into the issue of what is "Rock n Roll" . Barbara Streisand ain't in.....and she is one of the best, most popular, biggest selling artists (male or female) of all time.
-
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
Didn't Todd Rundgren play/compose every instrument on "A Wizard/A True Star?" If that's true, I bet he's the only musician to do something like that ever.
FYI...I like Paul Rogers over Freddy Mercury, but maybe Jim Morrison had a better voice than either of those 2.
-
Jim was a crooner. I don't think you could compare him to either Rodgers or Mercury. He didn't have the range. A better comparison might be the guys he undoubtably listened to as a kid. He did have a memorable voice. I can't agree or fathom anyone thinking Rodgers has a better voice than Mercury but as Steve says, its art. I might not be able to imagine what anyone sees in Jackson Pollock but theres a huge Pollock hanging in the lobby at MOMA so somebody must think something of him
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login