Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Class
-
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
-
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
Steve, you know full well that they are not probably going to let a RRHOF class go by and not include women/minorities.
So she was not competing with every other musician out there, only with the other women musicians out there for the female slot.
So, from that stand point, she was probably a somewhat valid choice....if the RRHOF is going to go the politically correct route.
Other females that could have been considered:
Karen Carpenter/The Carpenters
Connie Francis
Annie Lennox/The Eurythmics
Janet Jackson
Suzi Quatro
Whitney Houston
Patsy Cline
Joan Baez
Nina Simone
Then you get into the issue of what is "Rock n Roll" . Barbara Streisand ain't in.....and she is one of the best, most popular, biggest selling artists (male or female) of all time.
-
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
I won't get into any matters of taste but I never thought Linda Ronstadt was that important or influential. Madonna certainly was and is. I would also think that Todd Rundgren has made enough of an impact on the industry to be included.
WSS
Didn't Todd Rundgren play/compose every instrument on "A Wizard/A True Star?" If that's true, I bet he's the only musician to do something like that ever.
FYI...I like Paul Rogers over Freddy Mercury, but maybe Jim Morrison had a better voice than either of those 2.
-
Jim was a crooner. I don't think you could compare him to either Rodgers or Mercury. He didn't have the range. A better comparison might be the guys he undoubtably listened to as a kid. He did have a memorable voice. I can't agree or fathom anyone thinking Rodgers has a better voice than Mercury but as Steve says, its art. I might not be able to imagine what anyone sees in Jackson Pollock but theres a huge Pollock hanging in the lobby at MOMA so somebody must think something of him
-
Jim was a crooner. I don't think you could compare him to either Rodgers or Mercury. He didn't have the range. A better comparison might be the guys he undoubtably listened to as a kid. He did have a memorable voice. I can't agree or fathom anyone thinking Rodgers has a better voice than Mercury but as Steve says, its art. I might not be able to imagine what anyone sees in Jackson Pollock but theres a huge Pollock hanging in the lobby at MOMA so somebody must think something of him
Jim was a crooner. I don't think you could compare him to either Rodgers or Mercury. He didn't have the range. A better comparison might be the guys he undoubtably listened to as a kid. He did have a memorable voice. I can't agree or fathom anyone thinking Rodgers has a better voice than Mercury but as Steve says, its art. I might not be able to imagine what anyone sees in Jackson Pollock but theres a huge Pollock hanging in the lobby at MOMA so somebody must think something of him
It's all a load of pollocks

I'm yet to find someone that matches freddy mercury's talent for singing, songwriting, music and showmanship all in one. There might be a better singer, or a better showman, but freddy had it all and was at or near the top in them all.
-
Jim was a crooner. I don't think you could compare him to either Rodgers or Mercury. He didn't have the range. A better comparison might be the guys he undoubtably listened to as a kid. He did have a memorable voice. I can't agree or fathom anyone thinking Rodgers has a better voice than Mercury but as Steve says, its art. I might not be able to imagine what anyone sees in Jackson Pollock but theres a huge Pollock hanging in the lobby at MOMA so somebody must think something of him
It's all a load of pollocks

I'm yet to find someone that matches freddy mercury's talent for singing, songwriting, music and showmanship all in one. There might be a better singer, or a better showman, but freddy had it all and was at or near the top in them all.
It's all a load of pollocks

I'm yet to find someone that matches freddy mercury's talent for singing, songwriting, music and showmanship all in one. There might be a better singer, or a better showman, but freddy had it all and was at or near the top in them all.
Maybe....Elvis? (though I don't know if Elvis wrote any of his songs)
-
It's all a load of pollocks

I'm yet to find someone that matches freddy mercury's talent for singing, songwriting, music and showmanship all in one. There might be a better singer, or a better showman, but freddy had it all and was at or near the top in them all.
Maybe....Elvis? (though I don't know if Elvis wrote any of his songs)
Maybe....Elvis? (though I don't know if Elvis wrote any of his songs)
I don't think Elvis was as skilled a musician as freddy, in terms of instruments, but I'll admit I don't know too much about him.
-
Maybe....Elvis? (though I don't know if Elvis wrote any of his songs)
I don't think Elvis was as skilled a musician as freddy, in terms of instruments, but I'll admit I don't know too much about him.
-
Elvis played guitar and piano. What else would you like him to play?
Harpsichord, clarinet and triangle.
I just get the impression that FM was one of those guys who could just pick up and play any kind of instrument you gave him, and in a week be at a very high level.
-
Jim was a crooner. I don't think you could compare him to either Rodgers or Mercury. He didn't have the range. A better comparison might be the guys he undoubtably listened to as a kid. He did have a memorable voice. I can't agree or fathom anyone thinking Rodgers has a better voice than Mercury but as Steve says, its art. I might not be able to imagine what anyone sees in Jackson Pollock but theres a huge Pollock hanging in the lobby at MOMA so somebody must think something of him
It's all a load of pollocks

I'm yet to find someone that matches freddy mercury's talent for singing, songwriting, music and showmanship all in one. There might be a better singer, or a better showman, but freddy had it all and was at or near the top in them all.
It's all a load of pollocks

I'm yet to find someone that matches freddy mercury's talent for singing, songwriting, music and showmanship all in one. There might be a better singer, or a better showman, but freddy had it all and was at or near the top in them all.
Michael Jackson is someone I'd put in Freddy's league, though I personally think mercury was the greatest of all time
-
Freddy Mercury's favorite instrument was the skin flute........
-
Freddy Mercury's favorite instrument was the skin flute........
Freddy Mercury's favorite instrument was the skin flute........
I take it that you had intimate knowledge of that fact?
-
Not me Gipper, but you on the other hand possibly........
-
enough Fredeady already
Journey should be in next, - Steve Perry no slouch either
-
Steve Perry has also been replaced
-
His voice is ok if you like high, shrieking banshees
-
personally I think Steve Perry has a great voice which has gotten better through his solo career. I think Freddie Mercury has a great voice. I think we overlook another guy with a wonderful voice great song writing ability and most certainly an excellent performer. Elton John. Paul McCartney has a great voice. So does Eric Carmen.Lou Gramm has one of the best rock voices in the business so I'm not a big foreigner fan.
IMO of course.
-

-
Steve Perry has also been replaced
Steve Perry has also been replaced
I am sorry, I have to stop believing you now.
What is that you say? No, don't?
-
Steve Perry has also been replaced
I am sorry, I have to stop believing you now.
What is that you say? No, don't?
I am sorry, I have to stop believing you now.
What is that you say? No, don't?
http://www.kansas.com/2013/08/23/2958948/journey-drummer-urges-fans-to.html
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login